• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v3 - 3/13-14, Wichita, KS

What should our Side Event be?

• Total voters

fragbait

Smash Master
Wait...does the $20 include being able to attend the animecon????????????

Regardless though, I'm interested.
Not like it will influence anybody into coming to this....

But I'll see if more StL will come.
Yes. Please contact me to Pre-Register for the Con. 20 bucks until January!

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
That's the worst idea.

a couple of setups for friendlies in b- ? Sure, I'd actually love that idea, even if only for the epic fail win that would ensue.

But a tourney? I REALLY don't think so. It's hard enough for people to run a tourney regularly (especially of the scale this one can expect) and you wanna throw a ****-off thing like brawl- into the equation?

Get out of my house, sir.

Planking rule, I completely agree.
with that logic, you mind as well throw no side tournament at all...

wtf is a projectile rule?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Can the side event be Brawl+? I'll help ya guys out with it if you guys aren't too much in the whole Brawl+ deal (idk if west midwest plays it or not)

I'm gonna really try to make it here.

(Edit just saw the poll, if Brawl+ can't be a side event then go for Meleeeeeee)

Teh Future

Smash Master
Can the side event be Brawl+? I'll help ya guys out with it if you guys aren't too much in the whole Brawl+ deal (idk if west midwest plays it or not)

I'm gonna really try to make it here.

(Edit just saw the poll, if Brawl+ can't be a side event then go for Meleeeeeee)
no

10chars

fragbait

Smash Master
:p haha thanx....

How much will it be after January?!

15 dollars more

Dojo be here? MMM? Get hype
Also looking forward to meeting OS. I'd like to talk with you.

This is the same date as final round. Do you think you can push this back a week? I'll try to be here, but I'd rather not miss big tourneys if I don't have to
M2K, can't push it back really. Spring Break was what we were shooting for, and being attached to Chronicles affords us certain advantages over not being there, including possible prize support. I assure you we will make it worth your time to be here. If you have any other concerns, feel free to PM me or affinity and we'll talk with ya.

As for everyone else, rest assured that we don't want another LeeMartin/Dphat situation, as sexy as that was. However, we don't want to turn people off to our tournament because of a silly rule. It's under deliberation.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
M2K, Inui, Dojo, NM, TX, OK, MO, MN, WI, and others are already interested?

This is a great start :)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
hey let's make BALANCED BRAWL the side tournament

if people are going to suggest brawl- and brawl+, might as well suggest the best brawl hack ;D

or we can just pokebattle. ladybug has good taste.

also why can we only have one side event

also also since when is livestream confirmed

finally, i hope i can house people for this

Nicole

Smash Champion
As for everyone else, rest assured that we don't want another LeeMartin/Dphat situation, as sexy as that was. However, we don't want to turn people off to our tournament because of a silly rule. It's under deliberation.
But there was nothing wrong with what Lee Martin and Dphat did. It was a creative team strategy that worked to great effect. Lee Martin is really ****ing good, but come on, it was 2 v 1 the whole time! That strategy was brilliant, not broken, and it would be stupid to punish them by implementing a ledgegrab rule for doubles.

Now singles might be a different story...

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
here is how the OOS bonus works. if someone who is not from kansas wins the tourney, they get all 500$. if someone from kansas wins the 500$ is added to the pot

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
OH **** I LIKE MONEY!! So say if 2 OOS place top4 would the $500 be split amongst the oosers?
If the winner of the tournament is from Kansas (in-state), yes, the $500 will simply be added to the pot and distributed among the Top 5.

However, if an OoS'er takes first, it all goes to him after the net tourney pot is distributed.

EDIT: ^UP FOR DEBATE^

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Hmm I honestly think OOS bonus should apply to top4 (I'm guessing yall are expecting a good turnout).
SO let say only 1 OOSer places in the top4 he would take the entire bonus regardless if he only took 4th, and if 2 OOSers place top 4they would both take 250, and if 3 are in the top4 the one who places best would make 200 and the other 2 would make 150, and etc etc. Or you know just distribute the 500 evenly amongst the top4.
1st) $200 Added
2nd) $100 Added (can be changed to 150)
3rd) $100 Added
4th) $100 Added (can be changed to 50)
Regardless of the the fact that they are OOS or not.
Just throwing out possible number payouts.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Housing is a pretty big deal, but the tournament is in a hotel so I mean, there are rooms right there. Otherwise, I recommend calling spots at people's houses.

fragbait

Smash Master
But there was nothing wrong with what Lee Martin and Dphat did. It was a creative team strategy that worked to great effect. Lee Martin is really ****ing good, but come on, it was 2 v 1 the whole time! That strategy was brilliant, not broken, and it would be stupid to punish them by implementing a ledgegrab rule for doubles.

Now singles might be a different story...
I didn't say anything about it being broken. Hell, I agree it was ****ing genius! Players should always play to their strengths. I just don't want to hear a **** ton of *****ing because of it, which I did at NK2. It was either "It's ****ing amazing" or "It's ****ing stupid/broke." I know a lot of people got turned off to our tourneys because historically we haven't had a ledgegrab rule. Nothing against DPhat or Lee because they are both super chill dudes and great to be around, but I don't want to lose a chunk of attendees because it will be allowed to happen.
However, if majority thinks that we shouldn't have one, then we probably won't. As I've said before in a different thread, the rules will be under deliberation until X amount of time before the tourney, then they will remain unchanged. Be assured it will be enough time for players to adjust their games in order to accommodate said rule.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If I move out before this, I'll be able to house some people.

What do people think of Dphat's idea?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
i call a house w/ lots of OoS's. But also appreciates a good nights sleep.

Top Bottom