• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v3 - 3/13-14, Wichita, KS

What should our Side Event be?

• Total voters

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Ally also used captain falcon in winners finals to beat bassem, no joke. 3-0'd him, 2 stock on rainbow cruise. The other 5th place was chuck nasty.

Trent

Smash Champion
It was pretty fail.

The front page shows the venue. We ONLY took up like a small corner of tables while the rest of the room was being used by other people for loud activities.

Con tournies = fail. :(

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I want to make this very clear to everyone looking at this thread:

We are NEVER hosting NK at Chronicles ever again.

If you went to NKv2, you know how **** well Kansas can run a tournament. Expect it to be waaaaay better next time around. Better venue, more setup, better overall.

I'll keep y'all posted, whenever it comes around.

Royal Nynja

Smash Ace
omg i wanna know what i got for winning tekken and getting 3rd in sf4. im so excited!

im hope its land and a strong mule to tend to the fields.

daaang i tried to tell you guys not to host it at chronicles. oh well its in the past. If wichita is gonna host a tourney that is aposta be big enough to be its own event. it should be THE main event instead of a side video game gathering. Ill help out in finding a venue next time. Being one of if not the eldest of you all i need to take these matters into my own hands yet again. those who dont show to their matches wont just be disqualified, they will be executed. if you still dont show after that...I will start killing off your family members. :)

But yeah chronicles, just like the last time we hosted there, is/was a bad idea....we'll work out something better for v4.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Despite some of the shortcoming of the tournament, I still had a very fun time and will almost definitely be attending the next one. (No 30$ venue fee pleeeease xD)

Hey, what was the prize for 2nd place for street fighter?...I never got it :(

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Super gay. I got DQed in SF brackets cause I was eating. Y'all should be happy. I would have destroyed everyone. :)

Rog too good.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Despite some of the shortcoming of the tournament, I still had a very fun time and will almost definitely be attending the next one. (No 30$ venue fee pleeeease xD)

Hey, what was the prize for 2nd place for street fighter?...I never got it :(
lol you don't want to know, trust me.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
omg lol. He three stocked some wario because he was able to gimp him out of the cg even with his bike it was insane O_O.
Lol were any of the matches uploaded?

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
wtf where did you see that? i dont even remember doing that. that same CF 2 stocked bassem in winners finals =)

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Hey anyone who had a wii set up at No koast, could you please check it for a replay of pink DDD vs Fox on pokemon stadium? It's a tournament match that I really want to get a hold of, if you find it pm me or post here please! Thanks.

WichitaFC

Smash Rookie
Whats Really Happened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post

If you went to NKv2, you know how **** well Kansas can run a tournament. Expect it to be waaaaay better next time around. Better venue, more setup, better overall.

Nonetheless, this tournament did have some sick sets to watch in-person.

Yep. **** was ridiculous.

First of all I would like to say that I represent Chronicles Entertainment. Second I probably wont check the posts after this due to being busy with other taxes, so if you have any questions email me at WichitaFC@yahoo.com

Steven - AKA Affinity has not been honest with all of you. About 1-2 months ago he apparently told all of you that there would be a bonus pot. Then he came to me and told me he was having a hard time getting people to help donate to the pot and asked me if I would spring some cash so his reputation wasn't tarnished, to help him out of the predicament he placed himself in. I said I would as long as the estimated numbers (100 people) showed up to the convention like he said there would be, There was 35 that were specifically there for the tournament. That number is nowhere near what I was promised for participation. The room that was used from 8am - 5pm by the Smashers and then 7pm -11pm by other events. I am a businessman and an entrepreneur, I believe in honoring the deals I make but I feel that Affinity had no right using my business in such disregard to promise something that was never discussed with me in the first place and then take it out on the convention that so many people have worked so hard to make a great event. I talked with Affinity Sunday about what we could do and even told him we would try and create special convention stickers that could be purchased for $10 next year but the sticker would only allow them to play Smash and nothing else. He seemed fine with that but now I get on here to see how things went and I feel attacked!!!

Chronicles Entertainment and Staff never authorized a bonus pot, we made a deal with Steven that was for 100 people after the fact, we only had 35 people, he seemed OK with a possible reduced amount and said everything was fine (LIED) and now he is making everything seem like it was the conventions fault. MAN UP AFFINITY!!! Chronicles will not be making up for Affinities mistakes, he can provide the bonus pot that he pitched to all of you, and for anyone that traveled very far distances I apologize if it was specifically for the bonus pot.

Sincere apologies
Chronicles Entertainment
WichitaFC@yahoo.com

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Whats Really Happened
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post

Nonetheless, this tournament did have some sick sets to watch in-person.

Yep. **** was ridiculous.

First of all I would like to say that I represent Chronicles Entertainment. Second I probably wont check the posts after this due to being busy with other taxes, so if you have any questions email me at WichitaFC@yahoo.com

Steven - AKA Affinity has not been honest with all of you. About 1-2 months ago he apparently told all of you that there would be a bonus pot. Then he came to me and told me he was having a hard time getting people to help donate to the pot and asked me if I would spring some cash so his reputation wasn't tarnished, to help him out of the predicament he placed himself in. I said I would as long as the estimated numbers (100 people) showed up to the convention like he said there would be, There was 35 that were specifically there for the tournament. That number is nowhere near what I was promised for participation. The room that was used from 8am - 5pm by the Smashers and then 7pm -11pm by other events. I am a businessman and an entrepreneur, I believe in honoring the deals I make but I feel that Affinity had no right using my business in such disregard to promise something that was never discussed with me in the first place and then take it out on the convention that so many people have worked so hard to make a great event. I talked with Affinity Sunday about what we could do and even told him we would try and create special convention stickers that could be purchased for $10 next year but the sticker would only allow them to play Smash and nothing else. He seemed fine with that but now I get on here to see how things went and I feel attacked!!!

Chronicles Entertainment and Staff never authorized a bonus pot, we made a deal with Steven that was for 100 people after the fact, we only had 35 people, he seemed OK with a possible reduced amount and said everything was fine (LIED) and now he is making everything seem like it was the conventions fault. MAN UP AFFINITY!!! Chronicles will not be making up for Affinities mistakes, he can provide the bonus pot that he pitched to all of you, and for anyone that traveled very far distances I apologize if it was specifically for the bonus pot.

Sincere apologies
Chronicles Entertainment
WichitaFC@yahoo.com
See results thread >_>

Top Bottom