• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v3 - 3/13-14, Wichita, KS

What should our Side Event be?

• Total voters

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

It's back again, and for 2 days! Kansas hosts smash for our friends in the Southwest, Midwest, and more!

Saturday, March 13th - Sunday, March 14th
Wichita, KS

_____________________________________________​

Venue:

Chronicles: Risen - Gaming/Anime/Sci-Fi Convention
La Quinta Inn
7335 E Kellogg St, Wichita, KS
(316) 685-1281

This year, NK is going to be held at Chronicles, an annual anime/sci-fi/gaming convention here in Wichita. There will be plenty to do outside of the tournament in the convention, so the entrance fee is well worth it :)

Tentative Schedule:

Saturday

Singles/Doubles Registration - 8:00am
Singles Pools - 10:00am
Doubles Bracket - 2:00pm
Start Tearing Down for the Day - 6:00pm

Sunday

Singles Bracket - 8:00am
Low Tier Singles - After Singles Bracket

Entry Fees:

* Weekend Pass to the Convention

• $30 at the Door
* $10 Entry for Singles

* $10 Entry for Teams ($20 per team)

* $5 for Side Tournament

* NO REFUNDS!!! It messes up the pot amount.

Prizes:

* Top 5 Pot Split:

• 1) 50% + $200 Bonus
  • 2) 25% + $150 Bonus
  • 3) 10% + $100 Bonus
  • 4) 5% + $50 Bonus
  • 5) 5%
  • 5) 5%

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Double Elimination

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals are best of 3 matches. All finals are best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Meta Knight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. Anyone caught using it to lengthen the distance of Dimensional Cape will automatically lose that game to their opponent.

* If the game ends with a suicide, the winner will be determined by percentage. This includes Swallow-cides, Ganon-cides, Wario-cide, and Bowser's Koopa Claw.

* If the timer runs out in a singles match, either player is allowed to demand a ledge-grab limit check. If the player with lower % has 40 or more ledge grabs, he/she automatically forfeits that match.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stage List​

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)
Castle Siege

Counter-Pick

Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat

There are plenty of restaurants around the area, and a Chipotle practically next door. Food shouldn't be a problem.

For questions, call Fragbait at these numbers:

Fragbait - (316) 312-4465​
_____________________________________________​

Cook

Smash Master
I vote that you pay more than top 3. Especially if attendance is as high as NO KOAST, you should consider paying top 8.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I vote that you pay more than top 3. Especially if attendance is as high as NO KOAST, you should consider paying top 8.
something like this.

anyways, I hope minnesota will be interested in going again if we can.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Will there be a rave? I've had some glow sticks for a freakin' year now.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Me and Dphat are looking forward to this.

Top 5 for Singles, Top 3 for Doubles. Less people enter Doubles, the people who win doubles/place that high should be rewarded slightly more than singles to compensate.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Oh there needs to be note that The 20 dollar entrance fee is the DISCOUNTED price for pre-registering to attend. There will be an online registration system set up very very soon for payment online. I'll have to get that info up real soon.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Good. $20 seems fair TBH for something like that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
NO!

Texas doesn't want to **** everyone else like usual.

Besides, Low Tier Doubles is the most fun thing besides Melee listed. More people would be interested in Low Tier Doubles than Melee though, at least those who play Brawl in the first place not Melee only players who would join the Melee side event.

Low tier Doubles gives people the opportunity to team with someone else for fun, using characters that might not flourish in singles low tier. It's hard to play "gay" in low tier doubles compared to singles.

LOW TIER DOUBLES FTW!

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
I'll see if i can get others from Indiana or Louisville interested in this, would be great making it out to this :D

Also yeah, do payout to top five, use AZ's payout method, it works well: 48, 22, 14, 8, 4, 4

Paying out only top three at an event this big wouldn't be a good idea imo :X

edit: OS we should go to this :D

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
I will be attending.
I will be playing Toon Link.
I will be the victor.
You heard it here first.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
anybody have thoughts on a brawl- tourney? alpha release and perhaps the full version should be out by than.

also install planking rule.

Dekar173

Justice Man
anybody have thoughts on a brawl- tourney? alpha release and perhaps the full version should be out by than.
That's the worst idea.

a couple of setups for friendlies in b- ? Sure, I'd actually love that idea, even if only for the epic fail win that would ensue.

But a tourney? I REALLY don't think so. It's hard enough for people to run a tourney regularly (especially of the scale this one can expect) and you wanna throw a ****-off thing like brawl- into the equation?

Get out of my house, sir.

Planking rule, I completely agree.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I agree with a planking rule if a projectile rule is also established.

Fino

Smash Master
I agree with a planking rule if a projectile rule is also established.
I think a "MWE players bitch too much" clause should be added to the projectile rule.
Projectile Rule Example: Use as many as you can, No johns (stop bitching so much MWE).

I might go to this... it's kinda far, but I'll check with the people up here. We may be able to pool a car.

~Fino

Radium88

Smash Lord
Wait...does the $20 include being able to attend the animecon????????????

Regardless though, I'm interested.
Not like it will influence anybody into coming to this....

But I'll see if more StL will come.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Fino, that's the most glorious thing I've ever seen posted on these boards. I don't know what the **** you're talking about, and I don't care either. I'm sigging that muthafuker.

Cook

Smash Master
Inferno, you've also just provided me with my sig. People don't have to know that you aren't talking about me.

Now what do I have to do to make it show up?

I heard it requires lots of lines or something...

So hopefully I'm close to the requirement.

Edit: I wasn't close enough, so I guess I'll type some more because I want this ****** sig to display so people can see that Cameron thinks that someone is hot and they assume that that someone is me otherwise why would I have it as my sig because why would I care that Cameron thinks that some random girl, well Rauleen isn't some RANDOM girl, but that some girl is hot it wouldn't make sense for me to sig that. Maybe if it had been about Nicole it would make SOME sense for me to sig it because then I can be like "yeah, that hot girl is my gf so **** all y'all *****es get at me" but it wasn't about her it was about Rauleen so why would I sig that it would make NO sense it really wouldn't make sense for me to sig it even if it was about Nicole so surely people will just assume it is about me.

Double edit: it worked!

Top Bottom