• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - MLG Anaheim 2014 No Johns: MLG Interviews Mew2King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Ha, if I didn't know better, I'd think M2K was focusing so hard on destroying everyone Ally's Snake would have just exploded in the middle of the match.

Also, really good read. Grats on your win, M2K.

MLG_JV

Smash Ace
Ha, if I didn't know better, I'd think M2K was focusing so hard on destroying everyone Ally's Snake would have just exploded in the middle of the match.

Also, really good read. Grats on your win, M2K.
If only we had live streams... It totally did explode, haha. But yea M2k was certainly as focused and practiced as I have seen him in a long while. I am sure Ally well be brining his best to Columbus though, so should make for a great event.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
This may be daft of me, but how does he get any sort of effective practice in by trashing computers ? Particularly the banana-less diddy comps.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I usually play level 3s

just be smart when tourney comes I guess? idk how to explain it

tbh I don't recommend copying me, because in my experiencing of telling people this, very few people have improved this way, although some have. To each his own I guess

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Do you guys think he really practices agaisnt computers? You can't be that good beating level 8s and 9s all day.
CPU's can be very difficult if you play super offensive and don't take advantage of their habits. They make very quick momentum and shield decisions that definitely have helped me get better in the past.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
I usually play level 3s

just be smart when tourney comes I guess? idk how to explain it

tbh I don't recommend copying me, because in my experiencing of telling people this, very few people have improved this way, although some have. To each his own I guess
Level 3s that's crazy. I know CPUs have def helped me work on timing and learning which moves to follow up after others. M2K do you even practice on wifi at all or would you rather play computers? And would you recommend playing level 8's at all that's what I normally play against when I practice CPUs.

PZ

Smash Lord
M2K I personally see why you face cpus of course even if your connection sucks Id still wifi if I could.<.< Ive only been able to face everywhere but the southeast. So lag im used to.

HotWings

Smash Ace
You couldnt be that bad in melee.. i think you should just practice a little bit in melee and get the feel of it again and just enter it for the fun of it. I mean at least try to win but you know what i mean lol.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
MLG: Another era comparison question: While the Halo ranks are still populated with dozens of Halo 1 and 2 pros, the old Melee guard doesn't seem to be as prevalent. There were only a few Melee pros in Orlando (you, Chu, DSF, and a couple others). Why do you think you were able to make the transition better than your peers?
Mew2King: It's simple: the Melee pros don't like the game; well, most of them. I don't know why, but I just play and enjoy both. Mango would be amazingly good at Brawl if he wanted to play Metaknight, I will tell you that right now.
Corrections in bold and underlined

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
mew2king you really dont enjoy melee anymore ?? . i hope no because you are my favorite melee player of all time and will be very sad if you dont play melee anymore. i think if you REALLY try you can beat mango but you need To put the same interest that you have in 07 to be the best again.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Unfortunately, playing Melee and Brawl at the same time makes me not be able to play at my best in either game. As time goes on, and people get better, (and I don't want to play as much because I'm getting older) this is really going to hurt me. For this reason I don't know if I am entering melee at apex2 or other really big tourneys in the future that are big and hard because now that Brawl has MLG, I need to concentrate on that.

I enjoy Melee when I'm like, playing my best, but I rarely play, and I'm not as good as I was at pound4, and playing Melee makes me worse at Brawl and vice versa. It really sucks. There is no way out of that. Also I have no one to play, so I almost never play the game ever.

Like, if Melee was the main game still, and it had like no-lag online play, I would still be playing it seriously.

reality sucks

emiguelsv

Smash Cadet
NNID
SpaceMS
"Mango would be amazingly good at Brawl if he wanted to be, I will tell you that right now."

k.

Nice interview.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
yes let's base off the 2nd day I played the game for a full, in depth opinion of the game

Melee is a better game I will admit that but Brawl is good (just not as good as melee). Then again Jiggs made me like Brawl more -.- so idk I kinda like brawl more now cuz of her

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
ohh that sucks but anyway play melee in big tournment im sure you are still good.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I'd rather not use i-have-to-be-perfect-until-140%+-each-stock-and-I-could-die-at-0-whenever against jigglypuff

altho i was able to beat h-box in crews at least in 1 FD marth vs jiggs game at winterfest. He would win majority I do not like the MU. Gimps, combos, and edge guards are all gone vs her.

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
i dont think jiglypuff its perfect. in my opinion the key is only study the match up and with jiglypuff its to be VERY patient.

metaivan

Smash Apprentice
well she can be the best in the game but its not a metaknight.i think marth its pretty good to beat her

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I think M2K has said that before about the CPUs. I think he said in melee he'd face CPUs and instead of paying attention to it, he'd think about what a human would do instead and attack there instead of the CPU.

Something along those lines. Anyway the interview was interesting, nice read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom