• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
All of you hater are ridiculous

Esp no need to call people ******* for attempting to try something new

Wedge, if you can time out everyone and win with this, you can do it with 3 stocks, and yet you've never placed at a real tournament.

Edit: way to edit your post to make mine look defunct lol

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
its booked till the middle of november
November 5th

The price to use that venue has increased by $100+ so I don't think people wanna use it anymore. Yes got lucky the time he used it and they gave him a cheaper price than they were supposed to. If 60+ people go then its fine to use the venue, otherwise its a big risk.
$375 + $25 deposit to rent the venue for a day.

Welp, if people do start hosting with 2 stock 5 minutes (which didn't work before), a yoshi and a sonic are going to be timing out the whole state after Yes! won't be there to counter-pick us.
Yup.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Welp, if people do start hosting with 2 stock 5 minutes (which didn't work before), a yoshi and a sonic are going to be timing out the whole state.
Timeouts should happen at about the same frequency as before.

3 stock 8 min = A little bit more than 2.5 minutes a stock.

2 stock 5 min = 2.5 minutes a stock.

Big deal, lol.

I'm a bigger supporter of 2 stock 6 minutes. That gives 3 minutes a stock and should really cut down on timeouts. Outside of certain MUs, a player would probably have to AIM for the timeout for it to happen.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
you've never placed at a real tournament.
I've told him that plenty of times when he tries to "educate" me about brawl.

I don't think Doom's idea is that bad at all. It makes the game more exciting to watch and less irritating to play. I also think that Lucario is the only character that's really affected by that switch.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Pokemon Trainer is affected too, since he no longer has to use Ivysaur. But a lot of the changes aren't even an issue outside of those two. Maybe ZSS having suit pieces for a larger portion of a game, but I don't think that's really a problem.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Pokemon Trainer is affected too, since he no longer has to use Ivysaur. But a lot of the changes aren't even an issue outside of those two. Maybe ZSS having suit pieces for a larger portion of a game, but I don't think that's really a problem.
If anything it seems the characters who aren't top tier are the ones with the benefits of 2 stocks. Our current ruleset favors the best character in the game already. I don't see anything wrong with giving the bad characters an extra boost without altering actual game physics. I'm willing to give 2 stocks, MK LEGAL a shot.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Timeouts should happen at about the same frequency as before.

3 stock 8 min = A little bit more than 2.5 minutes a stock.

2 stock 5 min = 2.5 minutes a stock.

Big deal, lol.

I'm a bigger supporter of 2 stock 6 minutes. That gives 3 minutes a stock and should really cut down on timeouts. Outside of certain MUs, a player would probably have to AIM for the timeout for it to happen.
So for 2 stocks 5 minutes. MK banned + Lucario nerfed + 5 minutes = Delta timing out for 1st.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
someone mind explaining this game to me?

Also I would like to see the 2 stock 5 min run once. I mean it sounds silly but who knows it could turn be the change brawl needs.
In short, the 32 year old guy has a girlfriend for years, then meets this 22 year old girl, and everything goes crazy :D

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Do you actually have the game Keitaro?

I just wanna watch the game because I'm not crazy about the whole pushing blocks thing.
Feels like Atlus is mocking my Mexican-ness :[

Keitaro

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Ugh, I don't wanna push blocks, I just wanna see the cutscenes/ending scenes and all the endings, since I'm sure the good/bad gauge affects the ending you get.

Is the game fun/difficult?
Though I feel like this is a stupid question seeing as it is an Atlus game.

Keitaro

At first it was annoying as **** but then I started to have alot of fun pushing the blocks. Now I'm like wtf lol. The cutscenes are very rewarding especially when you get the the later levels but they are also on youtube lol.

I rarely see cheating stories be as interesting as this so if you don't at least get the game then you should watch the cutscenes. Its awesome and men are douches :p

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Probably just gonna try and borrow the game from someone so I can get some trophies and stuff.

Also, Doom will say something about Asian women.
This post is not edited.
*Jedi mind trick*

Suspect

Smash Hero
I'm prob getting catherine. Pitzer has been bugging me to do so. The endings (multiple) where he gets with catherine are both ****ing amazing.
Just finished it a few hours ago and just finished watching the rest of the endings (couldnt wait to play through it 7 more times)

game is amazing and better get g.o.t.y

and yea the Catherine ending
where they marry and he becomes a demon
was good

The other Catherine ending was funny.

Midnight Venus has an ending also with Trisha

Trisha is an anagram of Ishtar

and yes, the game is fun is you like puzzle/challenges....and very difficult. Everyone should know that easy mode in an Atlus game is like normal in others. This game will aggravate you.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The only hard part of Catherine is the guess&check **** on timed runs.

The stage that was non-timed with just straight puzzles was awesome, though.

Keitaro

I'm happy you think so, but I was very sad to see that the American movie of Death Note that he was going to be starring in got delayed and now there aren't any plans on making it anymore. VERY PISSED!!!!

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Holy **** he does just like him
mind = blown

But yeah... watched all of Catherine last night and the endings.
I think I love it enough to put up with the block-pushing racism.
Not like it's the first Atlus game that would make me wanna punch a wall -___-

ADHD

Smash Hero
Idk man zac efron is pretty good, just overhyped by ugly teenage girls.

He's like what justin beiber should have looked like.

Top Bottom