• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I think I'd prefer to bash myself over the head with a moderately-sized hammer than travel to Long Island.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I think I'd prefer to bash myself over the head with a moderately-sized hammer than travel to New York.
Fixed for myself. I haven't traveled over there in over a year. I'll come up there for something eventually but probably in a the summer.

Zucco

Smash Master
lol at nobody wanting to travel to NY, and only a handful of players from LI who travel to NJ. should be the NJ/LI PR imo.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol I agree with Zucco. If you're gonna combine rankings, at least act like you like traveling =p

**** you zucco i hate you.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Really? Public transportation makes New York tolerable, imo. No parking, no tolls, not much walking, just a set fare.

Keitaro

Last time I took public transportation to NY I got lost and my phone died while the sun was setting. I had no contact with my gf or Eazy for 3 hours and they all thought I fell off the face of the planet. I walked from Time Square to the ocean, litterally.

When it comes to public transportation I'm Mew2King level.

NAKAT

Smash Champion
Last time I took public transportation to NY I got lost and my phone died while the sun was setting. I had no contact with my gf or Eazy for 3 hours and they all thought I fell off the face of the planet. I walked from Time Square to the ocean, litterally.

When it comes to public transportation I'm Mew2King level.
So you must lose a lot of money via train?

Keitaro

I only took the train once but I did take a couple buses that took me all over NYC so I ended up trying to walk and reached the ocean. Then I got super lucky on some bus and it took me to some place that was next to the train station.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Just remember that 90 percent of the cast has the same thing.......

X-Factor

Look up the possibilities.

Keitaro

Heavy Garbage and I are gonna start a new bimonthly tourney series in NJ. Anyone got some possible tourney name ideas?

Please feel free to shout some out.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Gonna start a new bimonthly tourney series in NJ. Anyone got some possible tourney name ideas?

Yo, hit me up on aim or by phone when you get a chance.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
allbrawl is funny, its exactly the type of gameplay sakurai had in mind when creating brawl, and now the community is playing it 3 years after brawl's release xD

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Guys, I found like a regional size venue on LI, it's called the VFW. I might try to host a large tourney there, are people interested? It costs a few hundred dollars to rent it out so it'd be $10 venue fee.
Tbh I wouldn't go. Getting to LI is awful from NJ
Gonna start a new bimonthly tourney series in NJ. Anyone got some possible tourney name ideas?

That would be amazing. Host MvC3(and 2 so I can win ;))

I'm not a fan of this X-factor garbage in MvC3. Awarding the loser with a comeback ability like that is dumb. The team call ins during air combos is also new to me since I had very little exp with TvC. Looking forward to that

Zucco

Smash Master
Tbh I wouldn't go. Getting to LI is awful from NJ

That would be amazing. Host MvC3(and 2 so I can win ;))

I'm not a fan of this X-factor garbage in MvC3. Awarding the loser with a comeback ability like that is dumb. The team call ins during air combos is also new to me since I had very little exp with TvC. Looking forward to that
Im not a big fan of it either, but its not like you have to be losing in order to use it. available from the start, but gets stronger as each of your characters die. When to use xfactor is a strategy all in its own, which is interesting since it does many things and opens the doors to all kinds of possibilities.

Capcom can always patch something if it ends up broken.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Im not a big fan of it either, but its not like you have to be losing in order to use it. available from the start, but gets stronger as each of your characters die. When to use xfactor is a strategy all in its own, which is interesting since it does many things and opens the doors to all kinds of possibilities.

Capcom can always patch something if it ends up broken.
I thought it was specifically when one character was remaining.

Zucco

Smash Master
Nah. theres 3 levels for x-factor. level 1 is when your team is full and lasts 10 seconds, level 2 is when one of your characters are dead and lasts 20 seconds, and level 3 is when you have 1 character left and lasts for 30 seconds. I believe that your power and speed get stronger with each level too, so level 3 not only lasts the longest, but makes your character insane.

edit: real time seconds, not the timer in game, since its slower.

Top Bottom