• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
@ Kelvin - I also have a win on Snakeee and Cheese, both of whom have beaten Nairo. Yeah, he has a head to head, then Jash/dm/Will. Then I have Bloodcross, Inui, Cura, and Squall. I don't see anything on the lists that make them so vastly different. I think they're close, and Nairo is leading slightly.

And yeah, Rule 34 was only debatable because he's not random at the level of the other people I removed from the lists. Not a big deal, I wasn't counting him as a great win at all.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
but snakeee and cheese are actually good players that beat notable people all the time. izumi doesnt do that. and only reason i brought up any of this is because someone told me you thought both you and nairo were equal atm which i thought was absurd.

also when you took some names off for nairo you left out jtails. unless you beat him him as a common win, he should be there cuz hes very good, beating nl and malcolm thsi season.

Max Ketchum

but snakeee and cheese are actually good players that beat notable people all the time. izumi doesnt do that. and only reason i brought up any of this is because someone told me you thought both you and nairo were equal atm which i thought was absurd.
I said it's close to even. He's in the lead slightly because I have a bad loss to Dave as of yesterday and Rookie at VC. I need to stop sucking when I'm tired, lol. The win lists are definitely comparable. I don't see why you'd think it's a large gap.

Jash is a better player than all the extra wins on my record individually.

Will is roughly equal to Cura.

Not sure how Pierce would be weighed because he hasn't done anything in singles lately and isn't ranked, but he's still good. Yes! is the same way but Pierce is more active and proven himself more as of late.

dm hasn't done jack **** in singles recently but we know he's still good. Inui is similar and has actually done things this season when not picking Ganon, such as beating Zucco/Keitaro/Squall.

Cloudfox isn't bad. He doesn't really do much in tourney or enter everything and plays a ****ty character. I'd say the same for Sassy (who's actually done some really good stuff in MD/VA before, I believe he's beaten Boss? Not sure on that though).

JG is another good-but-unranked player. Big M is a comparable win, maybe a little better.

Nairo beat me and Dave, who beat me. I beat Snakeee and Cheese, who beat him. Cheese is also a better accomplishment than Dave is individually.

D1 is a good player but hasn't done anything good in tourney for a really long time (which upsets me 'cause he's so ****ing cool).

After that, I still have Bloodcross and Squall. 4th in NE, 1st in PA. Both have really good recent accomplishments (Atomsk/Bizkit for Bloodcross, Boss and Pyronic~Star for Squall).

A lot of our wins are very comparable and we have a lot of identical ones. Nairo is ahead because Jash is better than any of my wins that I don't share with Nairo, his win in the head to head is a little better than me beating two people that beat him, and he doesn't have losses as bad as mine to Dave. I'd call that close, if you ask me.

Edit: And yes I beat Jtails too

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I said it's close to even. He's in the lead slightly because I have a bad loss to Dave as of yesterday and Rookie at VC. I need to stop sucking when I'm tired, lol. The win lists are definitely comparable. I don't see why you'd think it's a large gap.

Jash is a better player than all the extra wins on my record individually.

Will is roughly equal to Cura.

Not sure how Pierce would be weighed because he hasn't done anything in singles lately and isn't ranked, but he's still good. Yes! is the same way but Pierce is more active and proven himself more as of late.

dm hasn't done jack **** in singles recently but we know he's still good. Inui is similar and has actually done things this season when not picking Ganon, such as beating Zucco/Keitaro/Squall.

Cloudfox isn't bad. He doesn't really do much in tourney or enter everything and plays a ****ty character. I'd say the same for Sassy (who's actually done some really good stuff in MD/VA before, I believe he's beaten Boss? Not sure on that though).

JG is another good-but-unranked player. Big M is a comparable win, maybe a little better.

Nairo beat me and Dave, who beat me. I beat Snakeee and Cheese, who beat him. Cheese is also a better accomplishment than Dave is individually.

D1 is a good player but hasn't done anything good in tourney for a really long time (which upsets me 'cause he's so ****ing cool).

After that, I still have Bloodcross and Squall. 4th in NE, 1st in PA. Both have really good recent accomplishments (Atomsk/Bizkit for Bloodcross, Boss and Pyronic~Star for Squall).

A lot of our wins are very comparable and we have a lot of identical ones. Nairo is ahead because Jash is better than any of my wins that I don't share with Nairo, his win in the head to head is a little better than me beating two people that beat him, and he doesn't have losses as bad as mine to Dave. I'd call that close, if you ask me.

Edit: And yes I beat Jtails too
He's not in the lead because of the loss yesterday. he's in the lead cuz hes better and has better wins.

Will is not roughly equal to cura. cura does not go around beating people like atomsk and ninjalink.

Pierce is better than yes!..like its not questionable

dmbrandon inui is debatable

Ive never heard of sassy doing anything good. ever. cloudfox randomly beats good players. hes beaten you before hasnt he?

jg bigM is debatable cuz they are both inconsistent.

Dave enters tourneys now what? once every 2 months or so? and always beats you. cheese has been beating a lot of good players so far. no shame losing to him. there is shame in losing to dave though. snakeee is good, which is obvious.

d1 hasnt done much in over a year. i never intended to count him as an important win.

Nairo only loses to great players. you lose to average players. i dont think someone who goes to a tourney to lose to average players and places average should be ranked higher than someone who only loses to good to top players and places relatively high.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Sassy beat Boss's Mario 6 months ago in a ten man tourny. Yeah.

D1(I) did some hot **** at MLG, 3rd round winners son.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Nairo goes in to tourneys for 6 months and takes big names out. some people have been here for over 2 years and taken a small amount out. im proud of him especially since all he does is play cpu's (and now he does wifi)

get at my location dawg

what a goddess

Max Ketchum

He's not in the lead because of the loss yesterday. he's in the lead cuz hes better and has better wins.

Will is not roughly equal to cura. cura does not go around beating people like atomsk and ninjalink.
Cura has beaten San and PikaPika, both of whom have proven themselves out of region.

Pierce is better than yes!..like its not questionable
Isn't that a bit subjective? As far as recent accomplishments they both haven't done much at all but I said that Pierce is likely a better win.

Ive never heard of sassy doing anything good. ever. cloudfox randomly beats good players. hes beaten you before hasnt he?
Yup, he beat me at Pound. Isn't it established that I play like garbage when I'm tired? (yesterday, Pound, Fusion) It doesn't matter, a win is a win. Who has Cloudfox beaten besides me three months ago...? I'm nearly positive that Sassy has beaten Boss. I'll find the results thread soon.

Dave enters tourneys now what? once every 2 months or so? and always beats you. cheese has been beating a lot of good players so far. no shame losing to him. there is shame in losing to dave though. snakeee is good, which is obvious.
I'm aware that Dave is a ****ty loss. When you say he "always" beats me, you're talking about...how we've played two times, and the last one was in June 2009? It's not like it's something that happens frequently, lol. Frank enters just about as infrequently as Dave. He doesn't have a lot of accomplishments recently either, though.

Cheese has beaten a lot of good players and I happen to have a win on him. What you're saying there doesn't make any sense. I understand I have a bad loss, we're debating win quality here.

Nairo only loses to great players. you lose to average players. i dont think someone who goes to a tourney to lose to average players and places average should be ranked higher than someone who only loses to good to top players and places relatively high.
Rookie
NinjaLink x3
PGN
Atomsk
Zucco
Shadow
Izumi
Anti
Cheese

I've lost to average players two times. Ironically I've only placed average when some upset happens in winners (Seph vs. NL, Anti vs. Cheese) minus yesterday and Poly, when he beat me himself.

17th at Viridian (tied Nairo)
17th at Poly (lost to Nairo, definitely got way outplaced)
17th at KTAR (NL in losers early, Nairo not there)
9th at PSI (Anti in losers early, Nairo above me by one spot and losing to the same person in losers)
5th at Seaking (Nairo not there)
9th at Asylum (two spots below Nairo)

Placings don't really make much of a difference anyway. I don't know why you're continuing to try asserting the fact that he's above me right now when I've been aware of it for a long time.

Edit: Thanks for clearing that up Phil, didn't know that. He still beat Boss though, no? Just like Cloudfox beat me at Pound when I had 3 hours of sleep on a cold floor. A win is a win, even if it was under ****ty circumstances. Keitaro beat Atomsk's Fox and stuff. That's what matters for ranks.

Max Ketchum

I suppose I should stop taking the UFB crew thread seriously, then. They were talking about how he's about to be ranked first. Isn't he still slated to be first in the state? He's outperformed everyone in PA by a large margin except xzax, who he's close with.

Edit: Kelvin, Nairo also lost to Blackanese, which is not on your list.

Zucco

Smash Master
Saukra is bad, but also hot.

edit: that happy-go-lucky song in NKB's vid fits the stage way too well.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I suppose I should stop taking the UFB crew thread seriously, then. They were talking about how he's about to be ranked first. Isn't he still slated to be first in the state? He's outperformed everyone in PA by a large margin except xzax, who he's close with.

i only looked at brackets and overlooked pools by accident. add another loss to adhd then

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed

squalls mad good but he's not "bout to be first" lol. current rankings have him @ 4 and next rankings aren't for another 5 weeks. he's still one of our top players tho by all means not tryin to take out ur win, just sayin he's not first, xzax has that title atm

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Also when you took some names off for nairo you left out jtails. unless you beat him him as a common win, he should be there cuz hes very good, beating nl and malcolm thsi season.
Yeah when I was looking earlier I was wondering where is the Jtails win. That win is pretty serious imo, more serious than alot of Nairo's other wins.

@doom: squall isn't first in pa, and I doubt he will be next ranking which is a month away
Squall has done more than everyone else in PA by a good amount imo. You would have to do a good amount to get pass his wins. I honestly don't know much of your wins besides Lain but I haven't heard much else from ya.

Posting because I'm not going to anymore tournies the rest of the season, for record purposes, and cause I main Falco.

If any name is repeated its cause that person beat me twice or I beat them twice.

Keitaro:

Wins:

Apsol 2-0
Remix 2-0
Xivik 2-0
Rhyme,2-1
Dr. Grandpa 2-1
Shadow 2-1
Rich 2-0
Conti 2-0
Izumi 2-0
Shadow 2-1
Ebo 2-1
Allied 2-0
Xio 2-1
Bleachigo 2-1
Will 2-0
Mr. Money So Fly 2-0
Blue 2-0
P_Wii 2-0
Orion 2-1
Xio 2-0
Reduces 2-0
Logic 2-1
SuperMarioMC 2-0
Phillyrider 2-0
Boku 2-0
Logic 2-1
Inui 2-1
Atomsk 3-2

Losses:

Mintyflesh 1-2
ADHD 1-2
Cheese 1-2
Inui 1-3
Shadow 1-3
Ally 0-2
Zucco 1-2
Vinnie 1-2
RJ 1-2
Penta 1-2
Penta 1-2
Atomsk 1-3
I also think Nairo is ahead of Doom atm.

I have to look at Zucco's list again though, don't know if he's in front of both Doom and Nairo so easily.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Good **** scratching a game off on all your losses besides Ally Keit.

Keitaro

Good **** scratching a game off on all your losses besides Ally Keit.
Here's how it usually goes.

Keitaro vs "Great Player"

Keitaro 2 stocks first match *example: Anti, Shadow, Minty, Cheese, Zucco*

******* opponents says "what do you ban"

I say "RC/Brinstar"

They choose the opposite I didn't pick.

I ALWAYS lose lol

I cp a nuetral and they beat me back.

Still learning a character for those gay stages. Gotta try to pull a TKD vs Tyrant and will on ALL nuetrals while losing on every single cp Tyrant chooses lol!

Keitaro

Yeah imma keep losing to G&Ws and Lucarios for life. DEHF gave me some strategies vs Lucario so I may be better at that soon. I'll ask the Falco Backroom what to do vs G&W, Kid and Ozz to the rescue!!

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Here's how it usually goes.

Keitaro vs "Great Player"

Keitaro 2 stocks first match *example: Anti, Shadow, Minty, Cheese, Zucco*

******* opponents says "what do you ban"

I say "RC/Brinstar"

They choose the opposite I didn't pick.

I ALWAYS lose lol

I cp a nuetral and they beat me back.

Still learning a character for those gay stages. Gotta try to pull a TKD vs Tyrant and will on ALL nuetrals while losing on every single cp Tyrant chooses lol!
I don't see why you have a hard time with Lucario as Falco. Falco's ground game and projectile > Lucario.

Top Bottom