• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY Rankings: New Rankings 9/25/12!!!

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
LMFAO imagine.

"yah iron man, tech that shiz"
"yahhhh nair to f-smash mad00"

lol its always fun doing stuff outside of smash with smashers x]
Watching Iron Man 2 with Marvel players is probably hilarious. Imagine commentating the movie.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Im not going saturday i got morning classes after that im coming home to study for exams im not going to tournies until after June im only going to PSI thats it.
I've already been absent from the smash scene for almost a month cause of finals. Do what you gotta do then we'll all party hard at PSI!!

Zucco

Smash Master
After not playing this game for about a month, I dont really feel like playing brawl anymore. Before I make up my absolute mind though, whens the next big NJ tourney? I want to see everyone one last time before I go. I never really felt like quitting for no reason though. Its kinda weird. Not sure how to explain it. Maybe I just have too many things going on in my life atm, which is effecting the way I see this game.

edit: not sure if I should go to dooms as my last attempt. He's being a F@ggot for no reason lately.

Vinnie

Smash Master
NoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
i don't know how you guys dont believe in god

if i didnt believe in god right now...i have no idea what i would do
If that is sarcasm then LOL.

If not, it's simple. Not everyone needs a crutch to lean on for guidance and support, especially one with no proof of existence. Or, in another view, not everyone needs to make up answers for things we don't understand.

bajisci

Smash Ace

If not, it's simple. Not everyone needs a crutch to lean on for guidance and support, especially one with no proof of existence. Or, in another view, not everyone needs to make up answers for things we don't understand.
Kaitoogood

way too nice though imo believing in such nonsense which has caused an unfathomably large amount of problems all through out history and persistently hindered scientific advancement. religion Angers me to no end.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Kaitoogood

way too nice though imo believing in such nonsense which has caused an unfathomably large amount of problems all through out history and persistently hindered scientific advancement. religion Angers me to no end.
It bothers me a lot too, but I was really just trying to simplify my view to avoid a long drawn out arguement with potential religious screwballs that think they have some divine right to shove their views down other people's throats. I had and 8 hour shift today. Just not in the mood my friend :)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

What makes believing in God a crutch?

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but do people like me who believe in God put at some kind of a handicap in comparison to people don't believe in God?

Because that is what I got from your statement.

Edit: Not trying to make a huge deal because I know discussions about religion always explode =D Just wanted you to elaborate.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion

no, it's not sarcasm lol

i dont like churches or organized religion either but if i didnt believe in god or an afterlife i would be more depressed than i already am, probably

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
What makes believing in God a crutch?

I don't mean to put words in your mouth, but do people like me who believe in God put at some kind of a handicap in comparison to people don't believe in God?

Because that is what I got from your statement.

Edit: Not trying to make a huge deal because I know discussions about religion always explode =D
No worries. There's no need to argue, I'll just answer your question. As I stated, I put it several ways. If someone believes in god for the purpose of having "hope" to get through life in a belief that you don't know to truly exist then I would certainly say people like that are using that belief as a crutch to either get through life, or make it better. I'd much rather rely on myself. If you believe in a creator, or "higher power" then so be it. I just ask that you keep this idea to yourself, don't try to "teach" me this belief, or my kids, and leave it out of politics.

but if i didnt believe in god or an afterlife i would be more depressed than i already am, probably
This was kinda my point.............

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
No worries. There's no need to argue, I'll just answer your question. As I stated, I put it several ways. If someone believes in god for the purpose of having "hope" to get through life in a belief that you don't know to truly exist then I would certainly say people like that are using that belief as a crutch to either get through life, or make it better. I'd much rather rely on myself. If you believe in a creator, or "higher power" then so be it. I just ask that you keep this idea to yourself, don't try to "teach" me this belief, or my kids, and leave it out of politics.
True. I see where you are coming from.

It's just when I heard the word crutch it kinda struck a nerve, but now I see what you mean.

Something that I always found funny was how people see other people on theother side of the spectrum. How believers in God can't understand how people can not believe in him and vice versa =D

I whole heartedly agree with the last line of your post. If people did that on both sides there would be a lot less conflict.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Something that I always found funny was how people see other people on theother side of the spectrum. How believers in God can't understand how people can not believe in him and vice versa =D

I whole heartedly agree with the last line of your post. If people did that on both sides there would be a lot less conflict.
Well, I'm sure there are plenty of different reasons people believe in god. I can understand why someone might, I just can't convince myself to do so, and don't want to.

Glad you agree with that last part. I don't really see why that's such a problem with so many religious people, especially catholics in the U.S.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
im glad you guys discussed this in a mature way cuz I was ready to say something if it got outa hand.

btw I am a christian!!! =] just throwin that out there. lol

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Well unfortunately for you all my god is an Indian guy who turns into a wolf.

No... he's not that guy from Mortal Kombat >.>

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I do believe I just saw a rational discussion about religion on the internet.

I'll be going out to catch a flying pig for some fresh bacon now.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
im glad you guys discussed this in a mature way cuz I was ready to say something if it got outa hand.

btw I am a christian!!! =] just throwin that out there. lol
I was mature bc I was tired. It was late.

I do believe I just saw a rational discussion about religion on the internet.

I'll be going out to catch a flying pig for some fresh bacon now.
I was tired.

Lol Christian vs atheist arguements never have a winning outcome... they just both win in their minds ;]

^Soccer mom

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Either you believe in God and that he created things by thought, then set these rules to make you burn in hell. If you don't believe in that, then you cab believe in two giant rocks smashing into each other and creating apes, that one day becomes Ya Boy JG. Both reasons are a little under question to me. Oh and of course, you believe in nothing, that you just there...real smart.

Or Allah
He promises you will get 72 Virgin smashers if you blow yourself up in the mall.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's so easy to get caught up in this infinite discussion about religion, god, what really happened, and etc, so I just stopped caring, and so I stopped questioning it. I believe there is some form of a god, and we want to think that he caters to our every need and desire.. but that is very sellfish. Things may happen for some ethereal reason, and others just flat out don't. However, it's very clear to me we've extended and twisted out the original meaning of god for our own, biased needs.

Okay, but sometimes believing in something without proof can help you escape from legitimate issues that would have ruined your life. It's not always a crutch or some variable placed in for things we can't explain.

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
Wow ADHD, that was the deepest **** I ever heard , you had me fooled and I started to think about life but then I remember that you are the goofiest mother ****er I have ever seen in my life, I pictured your real face smiling like a sadistic basterd and reread your paragraph.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Okay, but sometimes believing in something without proof can help you escape from legitimate issues that would have ruined your life. It's not always a crutch or some variable placed in for things we can't explain.
Those sentences completely contradict each other. If you believe in something, espcially that you can't even prove exists with no evidence at all, and use it to get through a tough time then you're using it as a crutch. That was the dumbest thing I've ever seen you say(type).

Chen Li Cha

Smash Journeyman
lol Kai doesn't exist, I made him up in my ****ing mind and use him to appear at smash tournies and boards.

Top Bottom