• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ/NY bi-weekly RanBats! Second event 1/22/2011! Bring a TV for free venue fee!

What side event would you like to have here?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Hanzo: You kind of live in the middle of nowhere. Unfortunately, no carpools would be coming from up your way to my knowledge. Check out public transportation in the area.

HelpR

Smash Ace
so the full 5% will be spread out between the placers in money on the final event? Or will it just be a huge 1st place pot?

HelpR

Smash Ace
I submit my vote for the national stagelist.

Mostly because I find it lulzy and i'd like to see it used significantly more.

Max Ketchum

Updated some stuff in the OP. Everyone should make sure to read it, because it's important.

Allied

Smash Master
sadly wont be here for this

going to be in texas

good luck with everything doomy.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
This will be a great venture into the future of the community. I am glad to be working with a great staff of TOs and influential people to make this happen. That being said we will be having a few things in this ranbats

Recordings
HIGH quality Stream ( wirecast baby )
possible interviews
and so much more

this is going to be worth it for all those in the NY/NJ area. Please come.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
This will be a great venture into the future of the community. I am glad to be working with a great staff of TOs and influential people to make this happen. That being said we will be having a few things in this ranbats

Recordings
HIGH quality Stream ( wirecast baby )
possible interviews
and so much more

this is going to be worth it for all those in the NY/NJ area. Please come.
This is sounding pretty legit.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
It will be dude it will be.

All of us got together for the purpose of getting the NY/NJ smashers to come together and improving. On top of that we all felt that our region is filled with people that are hurting our name. We want to remove them from the equation using the most powerful thing we have...MEDIA. With all the recordings, stream, and connections we are building this will show our region as the best region to play in but also just overall good people.

For those that play other games we will be working with DMG and the heads of the BlazBlue community to get ranbats on the same day. This first event, however, will be a test to see how many come. We encourage you to fill up this store and try your best. Being on the Power Rankings is an honor and it should be something to aspire to. For people that are almost there...you will get there with hard work...for those wanting to just be known...keep going.

If there is anything I learned in the past month or so its that deep down we are all capable of greatness.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
On top of that we all felt that our region is filled with people that are hurting our name. We want to remove them from the equation using the most powerful thing we have...MEDIA. With all the recordings, stream, and connections we are building this will show our region as the best region to play in but also just overall good people.
Idk if I'm reading this wrong but that doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Elaborate.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Basically we cannot remove people that bother us by banning them ( nor do we want to ) so to quote "control" how people see us we will do interviews and have a stream to overshadow all the bad things that happen. We ( doom and company ) all agree that we need to do more positive things in this community so we are :).

Max Ketchum

Idk if I'm reading this wrong but that doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Elaborate.
I think he's saying that he wants to compensate for the people giving us a bad name by establishing good connections with venues/other communities via quality streams, etc. to make us look professional and stuff

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hi guys I'm back lol and I am going to this and bringing a full set up and teaming with Doom. Anybody need a ride that isn't out of the way for me?

HelpR

Smash Ace
damn inui. you're really chipper.

Also, this needs more hype! This is the first tournament of the new year that isnt a wifi tourney!

Let's go!

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
This does need hype, it's so close to NYC/NY in general it's not even funny.

Max Ketchum

Don't worry about the lack of a million posts, guys. The event is still two weeks away and it's currently a time of year where tournaments aren't the first things on people's minds. More hype will be coming between Christmas and New Year's, I assure you. :D

HelpR

Smash Ace
MIB has will smith.

will smith has been in some god awful things, as well as some tremendously good movies.

I submit will smith is da bess

and if will smith is da bess then....

MIB automatically wins

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL I just realized I was put down as an interested player XD! Well I guess for project M I'm coo with that.

I'll prlly be helping out tho in the long run.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
Another event near NJ! I'm excited for both this and KTAR 4.

I'm definitely there. Count me in.

Also: Inui I'd appreciate a ride, home skillet. I live in Rutherford. You got me dawg? ):

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also: Inui I'd appreciate a ride, home skillet. I live in Rutherford. You got me dawg? ):
Here is what you do, kind sir. You find out if you're not far out of my way.

I'll be heading to the venue from 88 Abbott Ave in Ocean Grove.

DO SOME LEGWORK, SON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom