• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I outplaced you at 4 outta 5 tournies Inui :) Plus Rot8 is clearly forgotten here cause he would be placed right below or above me.

You smelle that!! THAT'S THE SOUND OF DEFEAT!! OOOOHHHH YYEEAAAAHHH!!!

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
We should do Brawl rankings soon.

Something like...

1. Mew2King
2. dmbrandon
3. teh_spamerer
4. Inui
5. Keitaro
6. Atomsk

Etc.

Wouldn't be too hard since results are recorded on AllIsBrawl and I even have my own archive.
First of all, Brawl hasn't even been out for 3 months yet, and that's how long one of the seasons are. Second, lol at not including Eazy when he beat you in two sets.

Inui said:
it's all about results + who you beat and lose to.
Hmmm...but dmbrandon lost twice to Keitaro and once to Yes. I lost to Keitaro once and beat him the next time we played. I also didn't lose to Yes and I outplaced dm 2/3 Rutgers weeklies that we both went to. Also, didn't he lose to Velocity at the last weekly? I came from loser's bracket and beat him in both sets. I think dm was right; you need to get your logic consistent ;). He might be higher than me but not by your criteria.

Keitaro

I'm 1-1 with Velocity and 1-1 with Spam but they outplace almost all the time. 2-0 towards me against DM but he outplaced me at just about every single tournament except the last one. Plus he beat M2K.

Yes, at least 2 more months are needed for anything to be constructed. That gives you more time to step it up Inui. Besides that, why the hell were Brawl rankings brought up this freaking early?!!?

Xzax, come to an RU weekly :D

JFox

Smash Hero
You guys should create an NJ brawl finder, and have like FC codes and stuff. If I had any interest in brawl, one would have been made about a month ago. But I don't, so I guess someone else will have to do it...

Keitaro

You guys should create an NJ brawl finder, and have like FC codes and stuff. If I had any interest in brawl, one would have been made about a month ago. But I don't, so I guess someone else will have to do it...
I think that's going overboard since the NJ Player Finder is meant for smashers in general so I think it would be a better idea to put FC codes in the player finder. I don't like that idea either though cause in order to add a player they both have to accept each other meaning they have to speak so their FC codes on some finder thing wouldn't accomplish much.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Keitaro don't forget you're 0-1 with me :p and spam is weak to tripping into snake's fsmash so that means i should be placed above him.

Captain Falcon for top tier.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
Spammer don't question the Greatest of the Nj player finder .

And Inui i think a ranking is god awful idea the games been out for a month I don't care how much u know about the game etc its way to early for a ranking

RyjinX

Smash Apprentice
I think that's going overboard since the NJ Player Finder is meant for smashers in general so I think it would be a better idea to put FC codes in the player finder. I don't like that idea either though cause in order to add a player they both have to accept each other meaning they have to speak so their FC codes on some finder thing wouldn't accomplish much.
PM your brawl code so we can do some wifi if it's not being ****ty.

JFox

Smash Hero
Brawl players don't exactly need a state player finder. That is the point of FC codes, you just play anyone you want from anywhere. And isn't there a friend finder anyway?

Personally, I just don't care enough to add brawl FC's. Thats a monotonous and time consuming job, one which I have no reason to bother with.

I plan on asking all melee players to update there status, and then condensing the finder drastically, removing a lot of inactive players. I think that this finder is stayin melee. So perhaps you can add a brawl finder, but personally, I dont really see a need for one really.

Keitaro

PM your brawl code so we can do some wifi if it's not being ****ty.
My FC code is on the left. Pm me yours dude.

I actually don't play online much anymore after going even with Eazy on it. That's never supposed to happen so since it did online that means something's wrong :laugh:

Get @ me Eazy!!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Kietaro trashed inui LMAO. Good job pointing out his BS with cold hard facts. :) Also.. yeah online is kinda stupid compared to IRL play. Yes, please have a separate finder for brawl. Or not I dunno, i'd rather it be a separate thread tho.

JFox

Smash Hero
If its not a separate thread, it will simply be a separate section. This is the advantage of having a totally click-able finder. One link will be to a melee finder, the other will be to a brawl finder.

But again, I have no intention of making it. Wayy too much work to do with the semester wrapping up.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Is it that or cuz you don't care what happens to brawl LOLOLOL

Im kidding ;)

After school is going to be amazing ... you know eggm I still have a ticket that goes from newark to manasquan LOLOLOLOLOL....

I don't even remember why I still have it LOL....

Eggm

Smash Hero
Use that **** man. I wanna play you. :) Although it will have to wait until after the cali tournament. I'm not going to play much melee before then.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
My FC code is on the left. Pm me yours dude.

I actually don't play online much anymore after going even with Eazy on it. That's never supposed to happen so since it did online that means something's wrong :laugh:

Get @ me Eazy!!
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAN( in mogs voice)
We go even in real life, and thats be being nice to u...(cant ruin THE KEITARO"S reputation)

Dont be talkin ish, or I will tell everyone bout the sheik story son! lololol

mog87

Smash Ace
power rankings for brawl is analogous to class rankings for a special ed class. So what if you're the valedictorian..you're still you know kinda slow/********/whatever PC term they use these days.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
power rankings for brawl is analogous to class rankings for a special ed class. So what if you're the valedictorian..you're still you know kinda slow/********/whatever PC term they use these days.
Agreed. N for those who dropped melee for fame n glory, rankings right now would be the only time to reap that reward rofl. The top players are already taking over the brawl seen so I hope most people are down with being seen as mediocre or trash in comparison to better players who dont like the game lmao.

HMM lets recap
melee-takes alot to be good, and sucking made people feel bad. But atleast u knew the people better loved the game and put alot of time into getting to where they got.

Brawl-takes campiness and basic smash knowledge to be good. Sucking at brawl demoralizes those who play, and even more so when the person ****** wants to play melee.....

Nice job dropping melee boys

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I have Texas Showdown, where I outplaced/beat top Texas players and Justin Wong. You don't have that, Keitaro.

I also played GOD AWFUL at those little Rutgers weeklies, which matter TONS less than stuff like Texas Showdown and the tournament I hosted.

Hmmm...but dmbrandon lost twice to Keitaro and once to Yes. I lost to Keitaro once and beat him the next time we played. I also didn't lose to Yes and I outplaced dm 2/3 Rutgers weeklies that we both went to. Also, didn't he lose to Velocity at the last weekly? I came from loser's bracket and beat him in both sets. I think dm was right; you need to get your logic consistent . He might be higher than me but not by your criteria.
He beat Mew2King, and he won the head to head vs you. He also did amazing at tournies you weren't at.

You ONLY have those small and cheap Rutgers weeklies.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
No johns inui :p if you're at a tourney of any kind, play to win or stick to friendlies.

Eazy I wanna play you in melee tonight text me or something! I got some tech skill back xD
We'll do brawl tomorrow :) I have a guest who wants to play tomorrow too.

Edit: @ scribz: two million dollar rock paper scissors money match! prepare to get OWNED! xD

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
I wish I had the balls to do a $50 coin flip MM.

That just sounds so epic.

Edit: @Yes. No. (lol)

I can do an imaginary $2,000,000 R/P/S mm, but when it comes to real dough, I couldn't even do a $2 mm. -_-

Keitaro

I have Texas Showdown, where I outplaced/beat top Texas players and Justin Wong. You don't have that, Keitaro.

I also played GOD AWFUL at those little Rutgers weeklies, which matter TONS less than stuff like Texas Showdown and the tournament I hosted.
No. If you placed 2nd at Texas Showdown then the compitition there WAS BALLS!! Game, set, match, that's it. You keep using this Texas **** as evidence when I hear is that you lost to a Sonic called Mr. 3000.

What does the scouter say on Rutgers power level........

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!!

We don't lose to Sonic's, that's why YES! dropped him " <3 YES!"

Inui said:
He beat Mew2King, and he won the head to head vs you. He also did amazing at tournies you weren't at.

Rutgers tournies had almost all of the best players in NJ so WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!?! dmbrandon, Teh Spamerer, Reik, Sensei, Lord Knight. I'd love to see them lose to a Sonic.

Besides that, saying DM did amazing at tournies he wasn't at has no factual info to prove this.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
lol get ***** by Keitaro!

How is any tournament out there more important than the weekly?
There have been some random tournies, most of them before or right after brawls release. The weeklies in ny or rutgers are like the only ones that allow players who have practiced the game a nice amount to consistently test themselves amongst eachother. Good players show up, which is why you( Inui) don't place as high as you THINK you should.
Most people are not in a rush to be seen as amazing in brawl, but if you put your **** out there and wanna be called a big dog, have something to back it up. Not some scrub texas showdown tourny where people had played the game for like 2 days....

And seriously stop using these stupid names. No one has ever heard of these players doing anything in the smash community, so beating them really means NOTHING. Caveman and other players from that area did not enter the tourny, so you beat a bunch of people who are just picking up smash.
Thats like Jordan bragging about beating Barrack O Bama on the courts. I mean yea its a big name but seriously dude....seriously

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
LOL get ***** by Eazy.

LOL, I can guarantee you that you wouldn't have gotten 2nd at Texas Showdown if everyone who went to the Rutgers weeklies went to that.

Size is not indicative of skill level. Those 64 man brackets at the two bigger Rutgers tournaments for melee were mad ez compared to smaller tournaments like SPOCs, Smashacres, and Tunes Biweeklies. Hell, even at CoTII I had a more difficult time. You beating a bunch of scrubs and then a FEW players who have absolutely no reputation in smash means literally nothing.

Ah, but you said the criteria was solely based on who you beat/lost to and how you placed. Therefore, the fact that I wasn't at tournaments he wasn't at means nothing when comparing him to me, which is why I was saying your criteria sucks.

dmbrandon later at the weekly he beat me at when showing him where the bathroom was - "I'm kinda disappointed that you lost to me"

I'm not saying that he shouldn't be higher than me, just that your criteria should include more than who you beat/lose to and how you place.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Is Justin Wong even good at smash? just wondering

good ****

Top Bottom