• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
wtf? Since when does losing to me in a blatant **** counter matchup disqualify you from being considered a top player? I will **** whoever you want me to, dude. Also Oorah was literally consumed by flame at Pound 3. This quote makes no sense, Skler is amazing, and comparing any sort of Melee results with Brawl results is just trash.

Dude....I was just quoting someone else....Spam, I believe. It probably came out the wrong way, I honestly was just trying to point out that crap happens, it's all about results. At least that's what was SUPPOSED to be the point in the Melee rankings. So, Skler placed higher, results. I could care less who Skler lost to....he placed 9th, didn't he? I, personally think Skler is amazing AND an awesome player. The argument was getting nowhere. There are people at tournements I could have beaten that ranked higher than me....think I care? Nope. They placed higher, didn't they? I mean, this is what the whole idea is SUPPOSED to be behind the rankings. So yeah, it's not to bash Skler.

Scar

#HarveyDent
So, Skler placed higher, results. I could care less who Skler lost to....he placed 9th, didn't he?
Not trying to start a pointless debate or anything but just FYI, in Smash placement matters much less than who you beat and who you lost to. I went to Chu's the other weekend and did nothing, I beat no one of real consequence and got 5th, outplacing Omni, G-Reg, Neo, and other players who are clearly better than I am.

I lost to Lord Knight and Pakman, Lord Knight anally ***** me at that tourney and he ended up getting 5th too. LK beat Neo in Marth dittos. Our performances are VASTLY different even though our placements were the same. It's very important to realize that if rankings came down to that tournament, LK should be placed higher in a heartbeat even though we tied for 5th.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Not trying to start a pointless debate or anything but just FYI, in Smash placement matters much less than who you beat and who you lost to. I went to Chu's the other weekend and did nothing, I beat no one of real consequence and got 5th, outplacing Omni, G-Reg, Neo, and other players who are clearly better than I am.

I lost to Lord Knight and Pakman, Lord Knight anally ***** me at that tourney and he ended up getting 5th too. LK beat Neo in Marth dittos. Our performances are VASTLY different even though our placements were the same. It's very important to realize that if rankings came down to that tournament, LK should be placed higher in a heartbeat even though we tied for 5th.
Eh, no biggie, Scar, I just wanted to say my word. *shrugs* Scar is family, so iz cool. Plus, you make sense when you say things, I respect that, lol.

edit: It was just looking like another Melee rankings arguement...only for Brawl.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
wtf? Since when does losing to me in a blatant **** counter matchup disqualify you from being considered a top player? I will **** whoever you want me to, dude. Also Oorah was literally consumed by flame at Pound 3. This quote makes no sense, Skler is amazing, and comparing any sort of Melee results with Brawl results is just trash.
Well Link sucks LMAO he gets ***** in a number of matchups. The point I was trying to make was that people like Chu, M2K, KDJ are the kind of names that come to my head when I think of "top melee players." I wasn't trying to bash Skler when I said what I did, I was just trying to say that I wouldn't consider him to be in the ranks of those top melee players even though if you look just at placement he got 9th at Pound 3.

Sadaharu Inubby said:
I'd rather watch more Powerpuff Girls Z.
That's because you're a pedo and would rather watch little 13 year old girls who are less cute than Jigglypuff instead of sexy women.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Skler didnt place 9th at pound. He left early and gave his spot to Hax who ***** the other kid pros in brackets

edit: i really hate brawl singles. If i run a tournament at rowan, its gonna be brawl teams and melee singles. What do you guys think about that?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Skler didnt place 9th at pound. He left early and gave his spot to Hax who ***** the other kid pros in brackets

edit: i really hate brawl singles. If i run a tournament at rowan, its gonna be brawl teams and melee singles. What do you guys think about that?
Meh.

I feel Brawl singles are annoying especially when losing cause it's hard to understand why you're losing. If a Falcon anally ***** me in Melee I'm like "he tech-chased me and I couldn't touch the ground.....that's cool :D" but in Brawl I'm like "That ****ing Lucas kept d-tilting me like a ***got and got 3 f-smashes off that I swear did not deteriate in damage! Cheap *******!!"

It's common for people to say half the characters in Brawl are cheap when they all are really just gay cause aproaching in this game is also limitly gay.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I read those rules, and was borderline offended. I read through the posts as well and read your comparison to other fighters. All in all, you have a basic idea of what's going on, but don't seem to grasp why we play the way we do. And GNT4 is always random because the top tiers **** every stage.

JFox

Smash Hero
I had a dream last night that there was no such thing as brawl. In the dream I had actually dreamt up brawl (so it was a dream within a dream), and when I tried to explain to all these melee pros that they abondoned their love for melee over a boring version of the original SSB they just laughed at me and said "wow" in disbelief. And I would explain to smashers that everyone in this dream was playing this ****ty game that no one actually liked, yet everyone kept on playing it and ignoring melee. And everyone just laughed at me. I explained how there was this giant nationwide tournament, with these ridiculous rules, and that a bunch of pros lost to scrubs, because no one actually gets any better at the game. And that even after all of this, people still played it. Everyone laughed as I explained how downhill the community has gone, has smashboards is filled with noobs. People said that melee would always live on...

And than I woke up, saw the super smash bros. brawl case on my bedroom floor. I went back to sleep hoping I was just having another nightmare.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Dmbrandon - Dude I'm am by far one of the worst brawl players ever LOL I'll just get destroyed lmao.

I'd love to play you though as long as I don't get bored of course.

Inui - ..... PPZ??? I'm not gonna lie it looked funny and I watched one episode....

Then I thought it was kinda creepy.....

Spam - :( my friend persuaded me to watch Higurashi :( I wanted to not watch it to spite you but I'm not sure if I can do that now :(. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

dmbrandon

Smash Master
w/e Tec. No one is overly nasty yet, and your melee skill helps, I'm sure. Marth mains. /shakes head

But yeah, I need to fight tons of people. I have the intention of maining random. NYC got the first taste! I took a round off of backanese, a nd took out djnintendo. :D

also: Higurashi is sickness.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I want Spam to watch PPZ.

Only to see his reactions.

Dmbrandon - >_< well if you go to the nyc weekly I'll see you there I'm gonna go to this week's one cuz I miss people.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I had a dream last night that there was no such thing as brawl. In the dream I had actually dreamt up brawl (so it was a dream within a dream), and when I tried to explain to all these melee pros that they abondoned their love for melee over a boring version of the original SSB they just laughed at me and said "wow" in disbelief. And I would explain to smashers that everyone in this dream was playing this ****ty game that no one actually liked, yet everyone kept on playing it and ignoring melee. And everyone just laughed at me. I explained how there was this giant nationwide tournament, with these ridiculous rules, and that a bunch of pros lost to scrubs, because no one actually gets any better at the game. And that even after all of this, people still played it. Everyone laughed as I explained how downhill the community has gone, has smashboards is filled with noobs. People said that melee would always live on...

And than I woke up, saw the super smash bros. brawl case on my bedroom floor. I went back to sleep hoping I was just having another nightmare.
Wow. That like sent a chill down my spine.

Oorah-Kabra

Smash Journeyman

:cry: If only my friend, if only...

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui - ..... PPZ??? I'm not gonna lie it looked funny and I watched one episode...
Buttercup is the hottest character in anything ever, so I'm entering tournaments as Buttercup with the tag Kaoru, her Japanese name.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
if i money match somone on the power rankings 5 times for 5 dollars each time. and won every time could i be on the power rankings dispite the current rules of how to get on?
Yes

@ Buttercup picture: I seriously felt something coming up my throat when I saw the words "sexy". I don't wanna be sick today.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
PPGZ is amazing....and hillarious, I was rather surprised, because I couldn't stand the original.....way too pointless for my taste. BTW, was it Shakugan that got you watching Higurashi, Tec? He was watching it, and said it was amazing....lol. You can thank AMV Hell 4 for that one.

I can finally make it to a tourney!!! Time to go bring myself up to speed. Which means more annoying matches against my friend with my Peach, -_-. Chad does such random things, it's hard to punish with Peach unless I'm actually caring about playing him. He knows my style WAY too much for her. On the other hand, he gets ***** by my Shiek, lol. ^_^ Tourney!!!!!

Eazy23

Smash Lord
if i money match somone on the power rankings 5 times for 5 dollars each time. and won every time could i be on the power rankings dispite the current rules of how to get on?
U can mm me for my spot.
And if u up it to 10 dollars. I will give u the spot even after i take ur 50:)

Top Bottom