• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

JFox

Smash Hero
Rutgers was freakin awesome. Thanks for hostin us Eazy.

GGs to all. I wish I got a few more in with spamerer, and I didn't get a single match in with keitaro.

I have to say, all of rutgers players, as a whole, have improved tremendously since the last time I played you guys. Eazy stepped it way up, spammerer got better, doyoung got SOO fast and reckless (but still smart, sorta), mog is just all thinking (mindgames don't exist lol), and even cowtipper was doin some nice stuff.

The melee community is incredibly stronger than it used to be.

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
No offense but those kind of threads let people accept the death of Melee. WE DON'T WANT THAT. We want melee to have a fiery rebirth like a phoenix of video game glory.

JFox

Smash Hero
Either way, all you are doing is verballizing how the game has changed your life, and how you got into the competitive scene of smash.

And btw, melee will die eventually. Without new players starting the game, its only a matter of time really. I figure it has about 2 years left in it before competitive melee is reduced to the community of SSB original.

Edit: Tim, I liked your post in that thread. I had no idea that Inui had such a profound impact on your smash career. :laugh:

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
It won't die.

It will just go underground. Like every other fighter not named MvC2.

Eggm

Smash Hero
New players are going to find smashboards through brawl get bored of it and try melee out. Also a lot of melee players are going to eventually come back who switched to brawl IMO. And there will always be those who lurked loved the game and only recently started going to tourneys, like stric9 and flame who came to our last biweekly, I don't think melee is dying at all.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Melee will stay strong in the Tri-state area.

I'm not sure about other areas.

pockyD

Smash Legend
melee vs brawl isn't an either+or proposition

plenty of people play both, and (unfortunately) plenty of people will end up playing neither if/when brawl disappoints them :(

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
New players are going to find smashboards through brawl get bored of it and try melee out. Also a lot of melee players are going to eventually come back who switched to brawl IMO. And there will always be those who lurked loved the game and only recently started going to tourneys, like stric9 and flame who came to our last biweekly, I don't think melee is dying at all.
Just in case your conjecture is wrong, I will be creating a Pokemon team :(.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
New players have no understanding of the competitive differences between Brawl and Melee, so they won't care.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Edit: Tim, I liked your post in that thread. I had no idea that Inui had such a profound impact on your smash career. :laugh:
I just saw this lol

I'm not going to lie I do owe something to Inui. When he first met me he gave me the impression that he viewed me as some super scrub.

I've never wanted to win so bad in my life.

Until pound 3 of course :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm not going to lie I do owe something to Inui. When he first met me he gave me the impression that he viewed me as some super scrub.

I've never wanted to win so bad in my life.
I remember that. You rocked me with Fox and then I went Ganondorf and that shiz was epic.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
lolz @ teczero.
I seen that video on youtube of everyone crowding around you it was pretty sweet
and melee isnt gonna die anyone in the usa IMO. melee is still an extremely good game. if brawl or melee is gonna die out first, it might be brawl unless some REALLY big tournies are hosted over the next few years

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I remember that. You rocked me with Fox and then I went Ganondorf and that shiz was epic.
Ganon really took me by surprise.

I was thinking ... why would you go on ganon on rainbow cruise....???

Now I realize you weren't a total ****** after all since Ganon can KO at even lower percents on that stage.....

:psycho:

Xzax - That was probably like .. my crowning moment lol I love melee :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lol u still hate brawl tec?
awww hopefully ill see u at a tourny sometime soon maybe spoc6 if i find a ride
Well... ok I'll admit I don't like brawl as much as melee......

But I'm not stubborn enough to stay with melee till I die...

I'm planning to go to NYC to play in some brawl tournies eventually.

I haven't done so yet cuz of finals and all but if the majority of the community is going to play mainly brawl I guess I have to give in right >_>.

Eventually I'll play brawl and if I see it as truly that boring I'll just play something else competitively. I was thinking about trying to play Starcraft 2 competitively or like whatever... lol

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
yo thats pretty good to hear, you should go to virginia on may 26th or 25th which ever is a sunday
me vex cloudz and maybe Chibo are going and tope azen are gonna be there

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'll travel for brawl if I find it enjoyable enough to play.

There is no way I'm going to travel for a game where I absolutely have to win in order to be happy.

I'm not like PC, or m2k so when I go to events I mainly go for fun. If I go and can't have fun.. I'd rather not go at all.

But PA isn't THAT out of the way and it doesn't seem like I'll play lots of brawl there anyway :laugh:.

JFox

Smash Hero
25th is the tunes tourney, which is melee, and way epic. If you miss that for brawl, I'm kicking you out of NJ and you can join the NYC brawl brigade. LOL

Top Bottom