• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

dmbrandon

Smash Master
It is true that Pocky comes off as a jerk a lot of the time, but you have to understand he is a jerk to everyone equally so at least his is fair. Unlike Inui, his posts, however irrelevant and knowitallish they are, are usually based on some sort of valid premise.
It's uncalled for. He's just a semi-intelligent troll. Prove me wrong, lolz.

And EL, I'll take it! :D

pockyD

Smash Legend
I don't believe that I am a troll in that I have no actual intent to disrupt or belittle people

I believe 100% in almost everything I say, and I just happen to speak my mind here. I have on multiple occasions "gone after" my own crew members (and people I consider to be friends) because I disagree with their ideas, yet they are mature and reasonable enough to accept that in the end, I disagree with their ideas, not their existence, and that's the extent of it

A discussion board is here for discussion, not for sitting around blowing e-kisses at each other

But if you find my posts troll-ish, then so be it. If/when a mod finds it excessive and gives me a good reasoning behind it (i'm not unreasonable), i'll tone it down

edit: I haven't settled in a long time, you should get back on the hub woz

dmbrandon

Smash Master
I'd like to see the match between dm and pocky.

I'll be the third guy with the desert-ocean-port.
I'm cheap as ****. I hoard the grain and ore, and then go specifically for cards. People get pissed when I flip 5 victory cards.

I don't believe that I am a troll in that I have no actual intent to disrupt or belittle people

I believe 100% in almost everything I say, and I just happen to speak my mind here. I have on multiple occasions "gone after" my own crew members (and people I consider to be friends) because I disagree with their ideas, yet they are mature and reasonable enough to accept that in the end, I disagree with their ideas, not their existence, and that's the extent of it

A discussion board is here for discussion, not for sitting around blowing e-kisses at each other

edit: I haven't settled in a long time, you should get back on the hub woz
1. E-kisses are the ****. Don't be mad cuz you dun get none.

2. xbl has catan, and we play sometimes on wednesday nights. Both of you, get at this, fast. :D

3. Troll! :D Norly, the only time I've ever seen you post, is to make fun of someone, or be sarcastic. This board may not solely be for being friends, but doing the exact opposite 100% of the time, is just annoying. I can see us being friends, but if every post you make is just some wannabe sienfield cynicism, then odds are me, and many others, will go out of our way to avoid you. I don't want that, at all.

It seems the only time you listen, is when people attack back, so now that I have your attention: Just give it a rest for a few minutes, man. <3

pockyD

Smash Legend
woz it doesn't take a good computer to run settlers ;)

and yeah, my greatest personality flaw in life (offline too, and online) is that I'm more concerned with being right than making friends; some can deal with that and shrug it off (if someone drops an argument, i'll drop it too), some can't

edit: when i make topical posts, people say stuff like "you aren't even going to this tournament, why do you care?"

and please, spare me the "<3" nonsense

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Word. My girlfriend yells at me constantly for always needing to be right.

btw: can My gf and I tag along to six flags? We've been wanting to go, newayz

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
pocky used to refrain from trolling the hell out of me, since I always paid for his food at meetings.

Now that he is CA, he has become quite disagreeable.

What a *****.

lol.

pockyD

Smash Legend
you never paid for my food, you must be getting confused =\

and I've always posted like this; the only difference is that you had my toned down real-life personality to fall back on (yes, I try to tone myself down so as not to be COMPLETELY anti-social in real life), but now all you can see is my *******ish internet persona

that's how it though

edit: plus, I post more now during the day because of stupid long days at work

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I have lent money to so many TSA members I have lost track.

*looks at Sneak.

But yeah...stop trolling my threads...*****.

pockyD

Smash Legend
Let's settle now?

I'll wait in NR2. Get the usual people pl0x.

dm: I don't have an X-Box so I can't play with you.
i'm at work

get a job you bum

EL: that was one single instance (so isolated that I even remember it), and I remember it clearly because I was in the middle of 8 hours straight of training videos =\

and I never even posted in response to this O_o... you're too good lol

pockyD

Smash Legend
no we're still at 6 :(, but Aftermath just started playing so we might have our 7th

none of us have played in over a month anyway, but i think our records are still there

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
It is true that Pocky comes off as a jerk a lot of the time, but you have to understand he is a jerk to everyone equally so at least his is fair. Unlike Inui, his posts, however irrelevant and knowitallish they are, are usually based on some sort of valid premise.
Nope, his posts are usually NOT based on some sort of valid premise. All he does is go around and troll in various threads for absolutely no reason. I have seen one intelligent post of his. That was him telling Inui that he cares more than anyone in the community about his reputation except maybe Jason and when someone says they're better than Inui he spews essays full of friendly and tournament records about why he is a better player than [insert person here].

JFox

Smash Hero
See the thing is that regardless of how "fair" you are about being an ******* to everyone, you're still an *******. That doesn't make it any better.

Its as if you go around the regional boards and literally wait for someone to say something wrong and then correct them. Thats ALL you ever do. I want to further emphasize all. Its literally every post. I mean not one post of yours contributes to discussion, they literally ALL try to point out that someone how someone is wrong in what they've stated. Either you point out grammar mistakes, logical falacies, or just plain disagree with points others make. Regardless, they are literally ALLLLLLL the same. ALL 3,927 posts of yours are annoying. And I'm just sick of it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
No problem.

Honestly, you both post very similarly.

And I find it equally annoying.

Both of you have your own set of values and when you feel like people tread upon them or they post something that goes against them, you both just post up a storm.

JFox you tend to post essays, while pocky is more concise, but it amounts to the same crap IMO.

pockyD

Smash Legend
See the thing is that regardless of how "fair" you are about being an ******* to everyone, you're still an *******. That doesn't make it any better.
fair enough, and i've conceded this on multiple occasions

Its as if you go around the regional boards and literally wait for someone to say something wrong and then correct them. Thats ALL you ever do. I want to further emphasize all. Its literally every post. I mean not one post of yours contributes to discussion, they literally ALL try to point out that someone how someone is wrong in what they've stated. Either you point out grammar mistakes, logical falacies, or just plain disagree with points others make.
Disagreements are the lifeblood of a message board. Like I said before, everyone sitting in a circle and holding hands accomplishes nothing.

Fixing grammar mistakes has NEVER been anything but a "by the way" for me unless it actually changes the meaning of the statement into something I misunderstand... and I don't know why you think correcting "logical fallacies" is a bad thing

Regardless, they are literally ALLLLLLL the same. ALL 3,927 posts of yours are annoying. And I'm just sick of it.
since i'm batting 1.000 on useless posts, take a page out of eggm's book and just put me on ignore. trust me, I don't enjoy your whining about me targeting you either

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
When I DID care about the community you didn't see me going on posting crusades and posting long essays about why someone didn't know they were talking about or why they shouldn't be taken seriously.

Unless of course they insulted me or tried to disprove something I said that was factual.

Then I proceeded to **** them.

But yeah, I know JFox is passionate and all, but you can't bring down the hammer on EVERYONE that disagrees with you or whenever you see/read something you don't like. That's just not a good thing to do.

JFox

Smash Hero
But yeah, I know JFox is passionate and all, but you can't bring down the hammer on EVERYONE that disagrees with you or whenever you see/read something you don't like. That's just not a good thing to do.

LOL! This is exactly you in a nutshell. This is you back then, this is you now, and this is exactly what you are doing at this very moment. You are passionate, just like me, and so I can't disrespect you no matter how much disrespect you have shown me in the past.

Anyway, I'm aware you don't like me EL. You can feel free to stop bashing now.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Whoa now.

Wait. What?

You think I don't like you?

Dude, I don't really hate or dislike anybody. It's mostly people's actions that I dislike. And yes I agree that we are similar we just act it out differently. Which is why I know how tempting is to just type up that essay when someone irks you. Doesn't mean you should though.

And what exactly is me? I'm curious.

Also, I don't think I have shown you disrespect. Just stated my opinion.

Disrespect would be saying your an ******* or w/e for what you do. Which I don't think I have ever done.

I have only directly insulted noobs for being cocky and getting in my face, Inui, and M2K. The latter for being arrogant and again, getting in my face.

JFox

Smash Hero
Just cuz you asked me to clarify:

"passionate and all, but you can't bring down the hammer on EVERYONE that disagrees with you or whenever you see/read something you don't like"

Thats you.

Anyway, I'm done with this. Lets start talking about something meaningful. Let this argument die plz.

Top Bottom