• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spamerer just hates Sheik and thinks she's not that good because they don't take the same tech skill that space animals do.
Wrong, as usual. Sheik sucks because she doesn't have a strong on stage game vs Space Animals. Her ftilt can be CCed at like 80% and she can't combo off of it then. Hahahaha what a pathetic character! Until ~50% CC tech on dash attack gives frame advantage to space animals and doesn't even need any movement to shine her immediately after, which leads into Sheik getting *****. What happens on Sheik on big stages vs them? They can outcamp her. On small stages? They give her no breathing room.

Spamerer just hates Marth and thinks he's not that good because they don't take the same tech skill that space animals do.
WRONG. I happen to think Marth is a really good character, that he outright beats Falco, and that vs Fox is stage dependent. But there's a BIG difference between "really good character" and "best in the game".

Too bad, nppb. Sheik is the best character. She can beat your precious "OMG FALCON IS THE BEST EVER!" by standing there and beating 100% of Falcon's moves with any tilt.
And once again, you're neglecting the ONLY important thing when Falcon plays, DASHDANCING. You're not supposed to jump into tilts, you're supposed to dashdance and then punish her. WHOAMG he can punish her tilts if she misses? YES! He can punish Link's super safe UPSMASH and you don't think he can punish her tilts? GTFO plz.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Mew2King says Sheik does fine against the space animals. It's like 55/45 in their favour probably.

Sheik destroys Falcon, Kashif. Falcon can dashdance camp forever and ever and ever and that won't actually win the match. Sheik can sit there and wait and wait forever right back at him, and then when Falcon finally makes a move, Sheik can just use foward tilt to beat literally any move he decides to use. In addition to this, Sheik can edgeguard him very easily with various moves and can throw needles at him. Sheik very clearly wins.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Nothing is wrong with sheik :psycho:.

She is an awesome character but she does have issues vs space animals though i wont doubt that. Actually i use fox to counter pick sheik.

but she is still awesome:)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
theres a lot of things wrong with sheik.

She's gay.

gay
gay
gay

did I mention gay?
:(

y? lol i like her :).

I love using her against newer players when they pick space animals. Even good players who play them sometimes can't do anything to her edgeguarding.

Sheik = fun edgeguarding :chuckle:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
If I see one more Spammer multiquote I swear to God I'm going to freak out.
lmao!!

You guys are stating things about Sheik that I feel may help me better against Do and Spam's Fox "hate those ****s :D" but I officially main Marth now since last week. Sheik can kiss my *** goodbye.

JFox

Smash Hero
lmao!!

You guys are stating things about Sheik that I feel may help me better against Do and Spam's Fox "hate those ****s :D" but I officially main Marth now since last week. Sheik can kiss my *** goodbye.
Uh oh, looks like I'm gonna have to start actually being good vs marth if I don't want Keitaro to start beating me :urg:

/hates marth

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
or you can just do ANY MOVE EVER and hit the kirby that crouches, and not make up any strategy and just fight and win regardless because sheik is the best character and kirby is the worst.

no offense SPAMMER but you have no idea what ur talking about

My tier list is Sheik Fox Marth Falco .......... skip a few levels .......... Peach C.Falcon ICs Jigglypuff Doc, or something similar to that.

Magus420

Smash Master
Sheik throws them down then lands ontop of them when d-throwing.

Kirby steps on them like 10-12x then lands ontop of them with his d-throw.

Thus, Kirby is approximately 5-6 times better than Sheik. Do the math.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
no offense SPAMMER but you have no idea what ur talking about
Hmm...

Mistakes in center of stage: Sheik makes one mistake in center of stage at 0 and gets comboed to death by space animal. Space animal makes one mistake in center of stage at 0 and what happens? Worst case scenario is grab as you can CC all her attacks. So Sheik has to perfectly techchase you until ~50% before she can do something you can't CC tech and have frame advantage and THEN she can combo you.

Advantage: Space Animals

Edgeguarding: When a space animal is not at low %, is close to the wall, and doesn't suck at sweetspotting, Sheik can't really do much. You can jump off the stage and bair them into the wall, but they can walltech jump side b edgehog her and she's finished. If either Space Animal has to up b from far away though it's pretty much over and same thing if Sheik has to up b at all. At low % Sheik has an obvious advantage though as she isn't forced to up b nearly as much as a Space Animal when hit off the stage.

Advantage: Slightly Sheik

CAMPING! YESSS: Lasers are better than needles! Not to mention easier to spam. From a long distance you actually have a chance to hit with lasers, needles not so much. Fox lasers can spur an opponent into action: http://youtube.com/watch?v=LNvtLmuhwIw 3:15-end ftw! :). Falco lasers are immobilizing, they ****, that's pretty obvious.

Shield pressure: LOL Sheik has shield pressure? OH NO, SCARY FTILT, that ***** shields :laugh::laugh::laugh:. If she's spamming ftilts, WD forward CC next ftilt into dtilt combo or if she's too low then go for dair shine --> ****.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
=

Edgeguarding: When a space animal is not at low %, is close to the wall, and doesn't suck at sweetspotting, Sheik can't really do much. You can jump off the stage and bair them into the wall, but they can walltech jump side b edgehog her and she's finished. If either Space Animal has to up b from far away though it's pretty much over and same thing if Sheik has to up b at all. At low % Sheik has an obvious advantage though as she isn't forced to up b nearly as much as a Space Animal when hit off the stage.

Advantage: Slightly Sheik
... Im going to have to very largely disagree with this one.....

i almost have 0 trouble killing a space animal off the stage if they hug the stage i can jump off and reverse needle if they are at high percentage.

if not u have even more options u can just double b-air them and they drop so low that they often cannot make it back to the stage.

if they are not hugging the stage you can needle them so they drop farther then hold the ledge.

if your too late u can needle the edge and then proceed to needle them again.

if they illusion they can needle -> fair/b-air/n-air or straight n-air

the most ironic thing is the hardest thing to edgeguard maybe to come from above because then they have a chance to mindgame you sorta.

Sheik ***** spacies off the stage.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Sorry for the double post... SWF wont let me edit :(

anyway sheik does have some tricks to get back although its not extremely effective

but i think a sheik has a much better chance of making it back than a space animal does.

although there are some tricks to help vs spacies i dont know too many of them so i still believe space animals in general DO have the advantage on sheik.

i generally sometimes feel overpowered maybe i dont know how to fight them since i only started playing her like last month.

but i agree that sheik has a disadvantage.

Sheik is HOWEVER a great character i just seem to have trouble with 3 characters in the game while using her thats amazing to me.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
LOL Scar is gonna be so pissed when he sees this post

Since I can't edit my last post because the edit function sucks :laugh:...Magus' evidence is too good :).

... Im going to have to very largely disagree with this one.....

i almost have 0 trouble killing a space animal off the stage if they hug the stage i can jump off and reverse needle if they are at high percentage.
That'll probably kill Falco, but I'm pretty sure Fox can still up b after getting hit by the needles.

if not u have even more options u can just double b-air them and they drop so low that they often cannot make it back to the stage.
Well that works at low % because they slide along the wall, but if they're hugging the wall at high they can just tech the bair.

if they are not hugging the stage you can needle them so they drop farther then hold the ledge.
Yup, if they're forced to up b and they can't hug the stage they should NEVER make it back. But I already agreed w/that in last post.

if your too late u can needle the edge and then proceed to needle them again.
Well if you're too late I'm relatively sure if they can slide at all along the wall they can sweetspot but if they're coming from far away they get hit by needles. Could be wrong though.

if they illusion they can needle -> fair/b-air/n-air or straight n-air
:( This is true, I forgot to mention side b recoveries :(

the most ironic thing is the hardest thing to edgeguard maybe to come from above because then they have a chance to mindgame you sorta.
That's right, but how is that ironic? :confused::confused:

Sheik ***** spacies off the stage.
Well if Sheik has to up b vs them she's pretty much screwed. If she lands on the side platform and it's not DL64 you can waveland onto the platform and hit her off again. If she lands on the stage vs Fox you can do last few hits of drill(don't want to do all of them because ghey ppl like to hold away and then grab) then waveshine her across the stage into dsmash near other ledge. That's completely unnecessary if she's at high, but if she up b's at like 40ish then that's not a bad idea especially since most ppl DI expecting an upsmash. The other good thing about that is if you mix up waveshining near ledge with dsmashes and upsmashes then ppl have to guess how to DI and if they DI wrong they die earlier then they should. Falco can ledgehop dair her so she bounces away from the stage into a second dair, waveland dtilt, waveland fsmash, ledgehop bair, there are plenty of options. That's why I said she only has a slight advantage over them in edgeguarding. Space animals kinda **** her if she has to up b and she ***** them if they have to side b or up b. They have to do a bit more work but the end result is the same. She can gimp them better but how often are you going to be thrown off the stage at low %? Fox can waveshine her to the ledge into dsmash much easier, and she's forced to up b from that if she's at mid-high percents.

And I was mistaken about CCing Sheik's dash attack UNTIL 50, you CAN CC it at 50 with Fox and not get sent up.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master

Sheik is HOWEVER a great character i just seem to have trouble with 3 characters in the game while using her thats amazing to me.

Stupid SWF <_<, sorry for double posting also.

I agree that she's a great character in relation to the majority of the characters in the game. She's definitely in the top 5, no question about it. I just don't think she's "WHOAMG BEST CHAR IN GAME"

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
at low percents you cant tech it at all as long as you dont hit them with her foot(you might even be able to not sure dont quote that very last part)

i have done it to tons of players already it acts very very similar to when you b-air them with marth at very low percents they do a very weird motion and just falls

fox can make it back sometimes if they are really high although if they are that high near the ledge you can needle them twice to kill them

i know that sheik is basically in a terrible situation if you force her to go onto the stage but the same applies for fox/falco u can simply reput them in the same situation

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
at low percents you cant tech it at all as long as you dont hit them with her foot(you might even be able to not sure dont quote that very last part)

I'm 99.9% sure that even if you kick them they die at low percents. I'm not arguing against that though lol.

i know that sheik is basically in a terrible situation if you force her to go onto the stage but the same applies for fox/falco u can simply reput them in the same situation
:o what's reput mean? My point with the edgeguarding was that it's less work for Sheik to edgeguard, but if she has to up b she's basically screwed and they are too if they have to side b or up b.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
well i couldnt think of a better word.. lol

just put them back in the same position if they happen to make it back

anyway to me it seems way more hopeless to make it back for a space animal

im not going to argue that its hard to kill a sheik using edgeguarding because its not u can simply walk and up smash or whatever...

but there ARE things u can help to save yourself with...

You basically attack the edge and force them to get off the edge and then try to sweetspot the edge although its difficult its something and spacies have nearly nothing.

The only thing they can really do is try to illusion which can be very easily ***** or... fire fox/bird which get ***** worse... both by needle or an aerial or even d-smash.

So sheik has the edge there simply isnt anything you can do to save yourself as a spacie off the stage your only option is to come back.. unless you want to die as well

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
well i couldnt think of a better word.. lol

You basically attack the edge and force them to get off the edge and then try to sweetspot the edge although its difficult its something and spacies have nearly nothing.

The only thing they can really do is try to illusion which can be very easily ***** or... fire fox/bird which get ***** worse... both by needle or an aerial or even d-smash.

So sheik has the edge there simply isnt anything you can do to save yourself as a spacie off the stage your only option is to come back.. unless you want to die as well
hehe, I guess that's a good excuse for using it.

If the space animal stalls attacking the ledge just leads into her getting hit by ledgehop bair or shine spike. That's not really an option imo, that's just speeding up the inevitable death.

Well d-smash can't punish a perfect sweetspot with side b or up b, the only thing that really gets either one is the needle. Of course you SHOULD hit them before they get the chance to up b and sweetspot and be in the air and chucking needles to prevent the side b, but if you mess that part up and don't get to edgehog in time they're safe.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Sheik vs spacies is even IMO. Anyways tec0 is there NO WAY at all you can go? Tunes were gonna win crews, and bass needs a team ate. :(

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
hehe, I guess that's a good excuse for using it.

If the space animal stalls attacking the ledge just leads into her getting hit by ledgehop bair or shine spike. That's not really an option imo, that's just speeding up the inevitable death.

Well d-smash can't punish a perfect sweetspot with side b or up b, the only thing that really gets either one is the needle. Of course you SHOULD hit them before they get the chance to up b and sweetspot and be in the air and chucking needles to prevent the side b, but if you mess that part up and don't get to edgehog in time they're safe.
well yea.. thats why i said its not that great.... although still something....

and d-smash wont work for everything but there are others i stated.. so... i would just do watever i feel the situation calls for

actually i rarely use d-smash for edgeguarding lol.. so i know that :)

EDIT: eggm- errr i highly doubt it i mean i guess there is a small chance but honestly i have a lot of stuff on my mind and i really need to calm down from the stupid stuff that happened...

plus im already using alot of money because im not living in home currently... so i do have a chance... but its a really bad chance...

Eggm

Smash Hero
We will deftinley cheer you up and pay for as much as we can afford, we all wanna see you there man. You know how much fun we are. :)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
We will deftinley cheer you up and pay for as much as we can afford, we all wanna see you there man. You know how much fun we are. :)
>_> well i guess in a sense if you pay for me thatll help..

but thats WAY too much to ask the trip is probably over 60 bucks... and the most ill be able to scrap up is totally unknown... :(

btw you know i <3 you guys :) there is no way i woulda joined the Tunes if i knew i wouldn't like the members........:)

anyway im not saying ill go but good luck to all of NJ that goes to VlS

except m2k.... good luck is a curse for him LMAO OOOOOOMMMMMMFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGG its m2k O_O_O_O_O_O_O_OO

play sheik :)

JFox

Smash Hero
Guys, this is getting annoying. Theory smash is really lame. No one is realistically gonna tech the wall from a Bair than side b, grab the stage and edgehog a sheik. I mean that kind of stuff just doesn't happen, not even on pro level. Its like at this point you guys are trying to play chess using smash theory.

I'm gonna have to ask you to take this topic elsewhere, cuz this isn't the place for it. Do it on aim/character specific/anywhere else. I'm considering it spam and will get a mod to warn you if it continues.

Sorry, its just gone to far.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
:( my one time i speak theory smash i get in trouble >_>

lol jk i get wat your saying so ill stop.

anyway its too much money i need so its almost definite of the possibility that i wont go :(

sry guys >_> i actually dont know if ill play well anyway...

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Guys, this is getting annoying. Theory smash is really lame. No one is realistically gonna tech the wall from a Bair than side b, grab the stage and edgehog a sheik. I mean that kind of stuff just doesn't happen, not even on pro level. Its like at this point you guys are trying to play chess using smash theory.

I'm gonna have to ask you to take this topic elsewhere, cuz this isn't the place for it. Do it on aim/character specific/anywhere else. I'm considering it spam and will get a mod to warn you if it continues.

Sorry, its just gone to far.
lol! I like how Eggm came in to join the fun. A Yoshi avatar popping in between a Pichu and Kairi :laugh:

@Spam: Next time I'm at RU you need to teach me how to multiquote more efficiently.

SWF is boring at the moment for me. Maybe cause everyone's heading to VLS. It's not that I don't wanna go "cause I do" or that I don't have transportation "shoot, I'll drive by myself" but that my parents won't let me. Hopefully I'll be more free next semester but at least I will be for winter break and the summer.

Top Bottom