• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Name: Zee AKA Keyboard Fa Lyfe
County: Essex
City: EAST Orange
Contact Info: PM here only
College: None atm
Additional Info- Other games (SSB) ANYTIME ANYWHERE
Crew: none.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I love how she "counters" Marth, but he wins all the tournies.

I guess that just shows who's the better character.

M I RITE?!

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Rofl.

True. And why do better people gravitate towards Marth?

Maybe because he is an awesome character and they recognize that he can do more then the others?

Maybe?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I find marth to be hard to get good with. >_>
Marth is so ez to play and combo with. True story, two times in my Information Technology and Informatics class I was thinking about Marth combos and I nearly fell asleep both times.

No Emblem Lord. That's like if there were 5 Links in NJ as good as me who all beat you and then I say "LOL LINK COUNTERS MARTH LOLOL HE AWESOMEST CHAR IN GAME!"

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Your point is moot.

Why?

Two things.

Link beating Marth means nothing. The match-up is even.

Secondly, any decent Link beating me is also meaningless. I have NO experience in that match-up what so ever. Also I'm not a top player nor do I bring out Marth's real potential so me losing period isn't going to have any impact on Marth's Metagame or how the community views him.

Also, it really can't be disputed about whether or not Marth is good. He IS good. This has been shown time and again. And until Marth stops winning tournies or doing well at tournies before the player switches off, then no one has the right to say he isn't.

Also Marth combos are quite flashy. Only Falco, Fox and CF are flashier.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Link beating Marth means nothing. The match-up is even.
The match-up is even...on Dreamland 64 maybe. Otherwise Marth wins.

I'm not a top player nor do I bring out Marth's real potential so me losing period isn't going to have any impact on Marth's Metagame or how the community views him.
Top Falco's aren't as good as top Marth's in skill level. Same with other top characters. Which is why Marth winning tournaments is meaningless.

Also, it really can't be disputed about whether or not Marth is good. He IS good. This has been shown time and again. And until Marth stops winning tournies or doing well at tournies before the player switches off, then no one has the right to say he isn't.
There's a difference between "good" and "best character". Can you name any recent large tournament where someone won with Marth the entire time and didn't switch off Marth?

Also Marth combos are quite flashy. Only Falco, Fox and CF are flashier.
They are very unflashy. He has some of the LEAST impressive combos in the game. God ****, even Peach has more impressive combos. Ask anyone who saw that match between my Fox and Ryoko's Sheik on Battlefield :psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho::psycho:

Scar

#HarveyDent
No Emblem Lord. That's like if there were 5 Links in NJ as good as me who all beat you and then I say "LOL LINK COUNTERS MARTH LOLOL HE AWESOMEST CHAR IN GAME!"
That is completely and utterly and tragically wrong. There would never be 5 good Link players because good players don't waste their time with awful characters. All you're saying is that your overall skill level is equal to EL's in an even match. Which is saying... nothing?

Also I find a lot of the other arguments you have made to be completely wrong.

Top Falco's aren't as good as top Marth's in skill level. Same with other top characters. Which is why Marth winning tournaments is meaningless.
Back to my last point, better players gravitate towards better characters. It's not coincidence that Falco players are generally worse than Marth players. Or are you silly enough to be making that point, because then I don't think you're prepared to argue with me.

Can you name any recent large tournament where someone won with Marth the entire time and didn't switch off Marth?
This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.

They are very unflashy.
This is a matter of opinion. The correct argument in your case would be "Marth combos being flashy is a matter of opinion, and I think they're pretty unimpressive." But with the route you took, I can now quote you and say that your opinion is garbage and I like Marth combos better than every other character save CF and Taj M2 combos.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
When I come back during Thanksgiving break, I want to play some of you guys, especiallly Eggm, Sensei, and my Haitian brotha L2K. I have to see how much my CunningKistune training has payed off.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
That is completely and utterly and tragically wrong. There would never be 5 good Link players because good players don't waste their time with awful characters. All you're saying is that your overall skill level is equal to EL's in an even match. Which is saying... nothing?
It's not an even matchup, Marth wins <_<

Back to my last point, better players gravitate towards better characters. It's not coincidence that Falco players are generally worse than Marth players. Or are you silly enough to be making that point, because then I don't think you're prepared to argue with me.
Maybe on a lower level, people are tier whores but not everyone who's good plays Marth. Cort and Vidjo play Peach, King and Mango play Jigglypuff, Tipman and Linguini play Ganondorf, SilentSpectre Darkrain and Jiano play Captain Falcon, KDJ plays Sheik, and there are plenty of other examples of good players who don't play Marth. Just because Mew2King plays Marth and is the best in the world doesn't make him the best character.

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever read.
Only cuz you're in Penn and you're forced to read smart stuff all the time :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

This is a matter of opinion. The correct argument in your case would be "Marth combos being flashy is a matter of opinion, and I think they're pretty unimpressive." But with the route you took, I can now quote you and say that your opinion is garbage and I like Marth combos better than every other character save CF and Taj M2 combos.
Actually, it's not a matter of opinion because doing a few combos over and over again makes them boring to watch. "ZOMG FAIR FAIR FAIR FSMASH LOL SEXY COMBO! LOL UTILT DAIR STUPIDLY STRONG SPIKE WHEN COMBOED INTO LOLOL GOD **** THAT LOOK AMAZING111!!!!1oneoneone"

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
It's not an even matchup, Marth wins <_<
This is a fact, the only thing Link has going for him is spam and a decent combo ability (which is no where as good as Marth's). I say it's slighly Marth's favor and only close to even on Dreamland or Final D (which is the only reason why Aniki beat Ken when he did).
Vidjo play Peach
Vidjo doesn't play Peach much anymore, he uses Fox and Marth.
Tipman and Linguini play Ganondorf
Neither of them are even good players...
KDJ plays Sheik
KDJ has used Marth as a counterpick in tourney :p
Actually, it's not a matter of opinion because doing a few combos over and over again makes them boring to watch. "ZOMG FAIR FAIR FAIR FSMASH LOL SEXY COMBO! LOL UTILT DAIR STUPIDLY STRONG SPIKE WHEN COMBOED INTO LOLOL GOD **** THAT LOOK AMAZING111!!!!1oneoneone"
Tis true

JFox

Smash Hero
OK so The Tunes may have a bit of extra room left if people still are looking for a ride/hotel. First come first serve.

We have room for 3 people. Some have already asked us previously, so there is a priority:

Slikvik
Inui

The terms are:

****You must find a way to get to us, and than get home. There are two houses you can find a way to: Jfox's- 114 Radcliff Place, Morganville NJ 07751. OR Bass/Treble- 606 Bingham St Neptune NJ 07753 YOU MUST FIND A WAY HOME TOO!!!

If you are riding with us you must contribute gas money. If you are rooming with us, you will have to contribute hotel money (probably about $10-15 a night)

We are leaving friday night. You must be at my house by 5:30, or at Bass/Treble's by 5. You must sleep in the hotel at least one night. Saturday you can stay in the venue if you choose to.

We are trying for 5 in a room. That would mean someone has to sleep on the floor. Tunes have priority on beds. So figure u probably need a sleeping bag.

First come first serve.
CALL ME IF YOU MEET THESE REQUIREMENTS ASAP: 732-865-3137

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
We are trying for 5 in a room. That would mean someone has to sleep on the floor. Tunes have priority on beds. So figure u probably need a sleeping bag.
lmao!! Found that funny.

How nice of the Tunes, people should hop on the entire offer "especially Inui"

Eggm

Smash Hero
Thats most likely fine, as long as moo doesn't find a way. Slik let us know if your coming with us asap please.

JFox

Smash Hero
Eggm, corey said hes gonna try and get chris to come. Mikeman and cradmazy can't come. :(

BTW, if anyone else is going and feels like they may want to sleep with us in the hotel instead of at the venue saturday night, let us know now before someone else steals it.

IMO, Vanz should jump in on this.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I'll gladly ask vanz to go with us. If you guys are going to pick me up from my house ill just have him stay over my house.

Btw I'm teaming with Bass is anyone willing to team with Vanz? that going there i mean.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Neither of them are even good players...
Linguini three-stocked Dope in regional crews and beat DA Dav3 in normal crews. Not to mention he took Lambchops' Falco to 5th match. That's not good? EDIT: Meh, prolly shouldn't have included Linguini since those players aren't on amazing pro level. However, I heard Tipman took a match off M2K's Marth with Ganon, can't say that's bad.

KDJ has used Marth as a counterpick in tourney :p
Tis true, but he uses more of NOT Marth.

LOL Pocky, I meant to say Ryoko used Peach.

Rofl, JFox wants to chaingrab his crewmates in bed hahaha

JFox

Smash Hero
Do me a favor and stop spammerer-ing my thead. For once, there is decent conversation with a purpose going on, and you are distracting that purpose. Talk on AIM.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Case in point: Just because everyone in the world doesn't play Marth doesn't mean that he's not the best character. Which is what you're trying to say, which is STUPID.

One Marth combo that I think is sexy: vs a fastfaller, sh>tip fair, uair, utilt, bair, spike.

Watch a Kizzu vid. That **** is flashy.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Spamerer just hates Sheik and Marth and thinks they're not that good because they don't take the same tech skill that space animals do. Too bad, nppb. Sheik is the best character. She can beat your precious "OMG FALCON IS THE BEST EVER!" by standing there and beating 100% of Falcon's moves with any tilt.

Top Bottom