• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Zucco

Smash Master
I heard you beat PS because of Ghost Pikmin or something stupid, but Olimar is probably my biggest weakness so I would probably lose anyway. Seed me against anyone else you have beaten that doesn't use such a lame character.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I said selfish in the community you have told us about all the things you have done for others. Sometimes though I find what you do very selfish. Not all the time but some instances.
How am I even selfish in the community? I do a **** TON for this community. People just get their panties in a bunch over me being cocky.

A game played for money. It should be taken serious to a degree.

Inui always provides housing and runs amazing events. He's not selfish imo, just arrogant
qft

I heard you beat PS because of Ghost Pikmin or something stupid, but Olimar is probably my biggest weakness so I would probably lose anyway. Seed me against anyone else you have beaten that doesn't use such a lame character.
Eh, the match was going evenly, and he got ghosted at the end. Oh well. I always beat that guy anyways, just like every other Olimar.

Point is, match-ups matter a lot, and you know Lucario vs MK a trillion times better than I do, and I don't even know it as some other character really. Match-up knowledge can and will let a lesser player beat a better player. It happens all the time.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
How am I even selfish in the community? I do a **** TON for this community. People just get their panties in a bunch over me being cocky.
You do a ton of things but at the same time arrogance makes you look selfish and also I was also not in agreement with how you handle yourself vs. players you lose against. It was a poor choice of words but it was the only one i could think of at this early hour.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You do a ton of things but at the same time arrogance makes you look selfish and also I was also not in agreement with how you handle yourself vs. players you lose against. It was a poor choice of words but it was the only one i could think of at this early hour.
Um... Arrogance makes me look selfish? What kind of a weak argument is this? I'm far from selfish. I give everyone anything.

If I feel a loss is legit, I handle myself quite well. Like against Tyrant, Lee Martin, Atomsk, ADHD, etc. If I SD or something, yeah man, I'm gonna be mad.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Um... Arrogance makes me look selfish? What kind of a weak argument is this? I'm far from selfish. I give everyone anything.

If I feel a loss is legit, I handle myself quite well. Like against Tyrant, Lee Martin, Atomsk, ADHD, etc. If I SD or something, yeah man, I'm gonna be mad.

Im not trying to argue I am just stating what I feel. When you talk only about yourself so much it can also be known as selfish. See :

1. devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others. 2. characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself: selfish motives.
That is how you can present yourself sometimes.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Last time I checked MK was the best character in this game, while Lucario isn't even top 10. Strong possibility that Zucco is a better player, that uses a worse character. Also, no matchup inexperience johns. Part of being a top player is being able to adapt and formulate and execute effective strategies. If you fail to do this, it's your fault. I'm tired of people johning about matchups all the time. People rarely admit to just being outplayed.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Wrong word.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/narcissistic

I am by no means selfish. I care about certain people more than I care about myself, such as DugFinn, Izumi, and my grandmother.

I am saying you are perceived at Selfish. I would still say my word fits more.

Also I am not saying you do not care for others read my previous post I even stated

It makes everyone not like you and despite how you try to retort these things by listing all the good things you done in person still does not change the fact about how you act here.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Last time I checked MK was the best character in this game, while Lucario isn't even top 10. Strong possibility that Zucco is a better player, that uses a worse character. Also, no matchup inexperience johns. Part of being a top player is being able to adapt and formulate and execute effective strategies. If you fail to do this, it's your fault. I'm tired of people johning about matchups all the time. People rarely admit to being outplayed.
Um... No. You're wrong. Results prove it.

Zucco won a single head to head set and two doubles sets, but gets owned in low tiers and does overall worse in doubles by a lot and actually worse in singles every single time besides once. There is no way Zucco is better than me when I perform way better and have a much larger set of talents in Smash.

He's extremely ultra experienced against Meta Knight and experienced against Snake. My Lucario experience? A few tournament sets vs horrible ones. That's about it. I have no way of gaining the Lucario experience to compete with his experience against my characters.

But, whatever. I will ride the true best character, Snake, to victory next time.

I am saying you are perceived at Selfish. I would still say my word fits more.

Also I am not saying you do not care for others read my previous post I even stated
If you say so. I'm definitely not selfish.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I will analyze sets individually.

That's all I can say about that and it's been my main point the whole time.
I used your own words to express my own point AGAIN. How can YOU possibly tell someone how much experience they have in a matchup or how well they know it with one main over the other. You can't. My arguement from the start was about low tiers. Not some arrogant, selfish, annoying complaint. Idc about that. Low tiers shouldn't count. You've stated my own arguements to prove your own points in other situations.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I used your own words to express my own point AGAIN. How can YOU possibly tell someone how much experience they have in a matchup or how well they know it with one main over the other. You can't. My arguement from the start was about low tiers. Not some arrogant, selfish, annoying complaint. Idc about that. Low tiers shouldn't count. You've stated my own arguements to prove your own points in other situations.
If you lose in a low tier match-up you'd never use Sonic in, that will be taken into account.

I already said I will look at sets individually and present an argument as to what should count and what the weight of it is to the other panelists.

That's all.

You're worried about nothing.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
If you lose in a low tier match-up you'd never use Sonic in, that will be taken into account.

I already said I will look at sets individually and present an argument as to what should count and what the weight of it is to the other panelists.

That's all.

You're worried about nothing.
I'm not worried. I care very little about rankings for myself. I haven't even gone to an event this season.

I just speak my mind when I think something is stupid and affects everyone

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Ridiculous. I can't believe you people think I want something to count because it benefits me. Are you daft? How stupid can you be? Low tier events have given me two losses to Lee Martin with no notable wins.
Zucco won a single head to head set and two doubles sets, but gets owned in low tiers and does overall worse in doubles by a lot and actually worse in singles every single time besides once.
Right, this makes perfect sense

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

Zucco won a single head to head set and two doubles sets, but gets owned in low tiers and does overall worse in doubles by a lot and actually worse in singles every single time besides once. There is no way Zucco is better than me when I perform way better and have a much larger set of talents in Smash.

He's extremely ultra experienced against Meta Knight and experienced against Snake. My Lucario experience? A few tournament sets vs horrible ones. That's about it. I have no way of gaining the Lucario experience to compete with his experience against my characters.

But, whatever. I will ride the true best character, Snake, to victory next time.
You use a much better character than Zucco and are only ranked 1 spot ahead of him.

You use a much better character than Zucco. How likely is it that you will outplace him?

If you don't know how to fight Lucario, it's your fault. There is a plethora of resources on this site. Frame data, matchup discussions, tournament videos, etc. I'm not saying it's the holy grail of 100% accurate information, but it's a start. Hell, pick up the character and try the matchup in reverse. Like I JUST said, use your brain, adapt, formulate and execute effective strategies. These are the qualities of top player. Either put in the work, or continue to lose and john.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Like I JUST said, use your brain, adapt, formulate and execute effective strategies. These are the qualities of top player. Either put in the work, or continue to lose and john.

thats how you become a great player instead of being just a "good" player.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
You use a much better character than Zucco and are only ranked 1 spot ahead of him.

You use a much better character than Zucco. How likely is it that you will outplace him?

If you don't know how to fight Lucario, it's your fault. There is a plethora of resources on this site. Frame data, matchup discussions, tournament videos, etc. I'm not saying it's the holy grail of 100% accurate information, but it's a start. Hell, pick up the character and try the matchup in reverse. Like I JUST said, use your brain, adapt, formulate and execute effective strategies. These are the qualities of top player. Either put in the work, or continue to lose and john.
Doesnt snake beat lucario anyway lol?

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
LAst time I checked he does but lucario can CG to a certain % i believe but im not familiar with the match-up as i use marth for that character.

Zucco

Smash Master

If you say so. I'm definitely not selfish.
Stop talking about low tiers. Its a ****ing side event. Nobody takes it seriously besides you and maybe a select few. I don't even understand why you would brag about being better in an event where over half the cast, might I add the good characters, arent available and the chances of people actually maining low tiers are low. good job beating my Ness, a character that gets chaingrabed into anything by every character in the game and I cant do anything about it. Do you really think I would use Ness if I took Low tiers seriously? **** no. I would pick Ike, sonic, or PT because they are always going to win.

Doubles. is also, a side event and I don't care who places above or below me in it. I only do it for the better chance of winning money. Get ready to lose to me and Junebug AGAIN if he is allowed to go to Kosha Boy.

Yes Kai, Snake beats Lucario, but I learned alot about the matchup from playing Ether, and just went to last stock last hit with Candy a few weeks ago. I will not lose to Inui's Snake.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Yes Kai, Snake beats Lucario, but I learned alot about the matchup from playing Ether, and just went to last stock last hit with Candy a few weeks ago. I will not lose to Inui's Snake.

I was addressing his matchup knowledge excuse, didn't mean to make it sound like you'd lose.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
lmao zucco. dont sleep on inui XD

hes one of those people you really just naturally dont overestimate, so you feel like you can win next time. but if you underestimate him some **** will happen and you lose XD

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I can't wait to face you again!!!!!!

Allied

Smash Master
Stop talking about low tiers. Its a ****ing side event. Nobody takes it seriously besides you and maybe a select few. I don't even understand why you would brag about being better in an event where over half the cast, might I add the good characters, arent available and the chances of people actually maining low tiers are low. good job beating my Ness, a character that gets chaingrabed into anything by every character in the game and I cant do anything about it. Do you really think I would use Ness if I took Low tiers seriously? **** no. I would pick Ike, sonic, or PT because they are always going to win.

Doubles. is also, a side event and I don't care who places above or below me in it. I only do it for the better chance of winning money. Get ready to lose to me and Junebug AGAIN if he is allowed to go to Kosha Boy.

I was summoned to back up MAH BOY ZUKES

YEAHHHH ZUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

**** DAT INUI SON

SHOW HIM WHAT UR MADE OF MAH BOY

GET GET GET

YEAYEAYEA

WOOO

/Hype

JFox

Smash Hero
inui, you are a corrupt powerhungry elitist and the last thing u need is "power". If my account was ever taken over I would obviously report that **** to smashboards and the thread would be destroyed.

Its my thread, and i can do what i want in it. Here's a simple solution tho- make ur own.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You missed my point. I'm not surprised, though.

That's cool and all that you're good with Lucario. I said I'm a significantly more talented player overall, and things like low tiers, doubles, and even singles since you've outplaced me one time in your entire life and usually do worse or even much worse, show this. I can use a plethora of characters at high level and know more match-ups and can play in more formats than you. I'm the better Smasher period.

That's nice, I'll just win the entire tournament from losers again while you win $0. Oh, $0 is your typical earnings from tournaments, while I make $100+ at everything. Yup, you're totally better than me!

$50 Snake vs Lucario MM.

It can be recorded and played on a projector in front of ~100 players and livestreamed in front of more.

Be like Dekar (who's better than you btw).

inui, you are a corrupt powerhungry elitist and the last thing u need is "power". If my account was ever taken over I would obviously report that **** to smashboards and the thread would be destroyed.

Its my thread, and i can do what i want in it. Here's a simple solution tho- make ur own.
You are a semi-retired never-was that doesn't touch Brawl. Why are you still the owner of the player finder? You should have passed it along to someone else ages ago.

lmao zucco. dont sleep on inui XD

hes one of those people you really just naturally dont overestimate, so you feel like you can win next time. but if you underestimate him some **** will happen and you lose XD
Nah, man. I'm cocky and unpopular. By default, I'm "bad." Nobody wants to admit I'm good, better than them, etc. Nobody wants to admit that about someone that's arrogant. Let people like Zucco think that way. It makes me money.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
You missed my point. I'm not surprised, though.

"That's cool and all that you're good with Lucario. I said I'm a significantly more talented player overall, and things like low tiers, doubles, and even singles since you've outplaced me one time in your entire life and usually do worse or even much worse, show this. I can use a plethora of characters at high level and know more match-ups and can play in more formats than you. I'm the better Smasher period."

I agree with this entirly. Zucco not to offend i think your a good player but i honestly beleive that inui is better then you. (ikon) plz dont dislike me.

"You are a semi-retired never-was that doesn't touch Brawl. Why are you still the owner of the player finder? You should have passed it along to someone else ages ago."

Agree with this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Just to let you guys know since I know theres some NJ players coming to DSO 10 tonight the venue is opening early (but events are at the same time) so if you're looking for friendlies and such come and have a good time

Zucco

Smash Master
where are these singles results where ive done much worse then you? I dont even attend too many tournaments in the first place and the last one we were both at was the circuit finale. you "forfited" to me with the excuse that you didn't want to play my gay character and then we tied in the pro bracket. O and since when did the amount of characters you use=overall skill? m2k uses 1 character and hes the best, same with people like ADHD or Ally and you are nowhere near them. I can beat any of your characters with just one. Bring it on and I will take it down.

If I had the money I would do that MM in a heartbeat. I'll get back to you when I do.

Edit: im only talking about my singles skill. You are better then me at doubles and low tiers so there is no need to bring it up again.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
where are these singles results where ive done much worse then you?
You got it.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5985 GJ getting 17th losing to someone I did much better against and then a Fox (even if it's Rookie, Fox is mediocre). I forfeit to Atomsk in losers and still got 9th. Also, GJ letting me do way better than you in everything at this.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6330 You got 7th, I got 4th. Decent difference there.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6186 Dang I'm having trouble finding your name in the singles bracket... Oh wait *** didn't make it out of pools lmao something that has NEVER happened to me even in Melee since July 2006.

I dont even attend too many tournaments in the first place and the last one we were both at was the circuit finale. you "forfited" to me with the excuse that you didn't want to play my gay character and then we tied in the pro bracket.
Yup, I sure as heck didn't care about amateurs where beating you meant fighting Candy instead of NinjaLink in the pro bracket.

We tied in the pro bracket. GJ finally tying with me! You can add that to your amazing record of outplacing me one time ever! You're on your way to greatness!

O and since when did the amount of characters you use=overall skill? m2k uses 1 character and hes the best, same with people like ADHD or Ally and you are nowhere near them.
Since when did it not? Being able to use a large amount of characters is indeed part of overall skill. Do you even know what the word means? Apparently not. Let's see... I can use way more characters than you and I outperform you consistently in every area... I wonder who's better overall?

I can beat any of your characters with just one. Bring it on and I will take it down.

If I had the money I would do that MM in a heartbeat. I'll get back to you when I do.
But you're not going to lose, right? So do it. You can just write me an IOU and bow before me and admit I'm the superior player in every area, which I am.

Edit: im only talking about my singles skill. You are better then me at doubles and low tiers so there is no need to bring it up again.
Missed this.

Glad you can realize this.

So how can you still say you're in my league as a player?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Ridiculous. I can't believe you people think I want something to count because it benefits me. Are you daft? How stupid can you be? Low tier events have given me two losses to Lee Martin with no notable wins. An MK banned event gave me two losses to a complete newbie with only two semi-notable wins (both against people that would never use Meta Knight against me).

I do not need anything beyond my singles records to be above Zucco and Kai. Why? I am better than them. Plain and simple. They can be just as active as me and still be lower. Zucco beat Atomsk...so you're thinking he should be above me? Keep in mind that I have beaten players like Dabuz, Bizkit, and Pyronic~Star this season so far.
you really gotta stop saying you beat me like its an accomplishment, its not, im sorry to say so, but it truly isn't, ever since i fought ADHD at GT, i haven't been playing as good i normally do, when you beat me while im at the top of my game again (if it happens) then it will actually be an accomplishment

Zucco

Smash Master
You got it.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=5985 GJ getting 17th losing to someone I did much better against and then a Fox (even if it's Rookie, Fox is mediocre). I forfeit to Atomsk in losers and still got 9th. Also, GJ letting me do way better than you in everything at this.

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6330 You got 7th, I got 4th. Decent difference there.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=5886 Dang I'm having trouble finding your name in the singles bracket... Oh wait *** didn't make it out of pools lmao something that has NEVER happened to me even in Melee since July 2006.

But you're not going to lose, right? So do it. You can just write me an IOU and bow before me and admit I'm the superior player in every area, which I am.

Missed this.

Glad you can realize this.

So how can you still say you're in my league as a player?
1st tourney: alright fair enough.

2nd tourney: you placed ahead of Atomsk, something that should never happen. I'm sure many would agree with me on this.

3rd tourney: Death pool. I ended up tying with Ninjalink(someone who is much more of a threat imo) and I still didnt make it out. whatever though it was my first National and I at least beat you in doubles there.

If you are fine with me not having Money on the spot then I will probably do it then.

Top Bottom