• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Why not just make a Low Tiers power ranking cause I think it causes way too many issues cause low tier matches are , to me, something that some people play serious but certain match-ups in low tiers are hella gay like Gannon vs Yoshi.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Why not just make a Low Tiers power ranking cause I think it causes way too many issues cause low tier matches are , to me, something that some people play serious but certain match-ups in low tiers are hella gay like Gannon vs Yoshi.
no

people like me and Kai literally MAIN a character legal in low tier events to some degree as a legit real actual true tournament character

which means sets against us obviously count

we have a huge advantage in low tier events because of how amazing we are with such characters. other people get to count wins against us because of this.

i take my losses to Kai, Shugo, Minty, and others when i went Ike because Ike is one of my mains

people like Kai and Zucco need to face reality; a low tier is one of their absolute best characters, if not their true best

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I disagree on Zucco, he definitely does not main Ness and would use Lucario/Falco over him 100% of the time.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we have a huge advantage in low tier events because of how amazing we are with such characters. other people get to count wins against us because of this.
If you have a huge advantage in low tiers people should not count it. For example, lets say in a huge what if scenario I beat your ganon with yoshi cause I use the cg yoshi has. I do not think it should count. I know it is an example but I think Low Tier should not count for you guys. Some people enter low tiers to just have fun and play hard with different characters.

Encourage the region to enter low tiers is great and I'd rather see low tier power rankings made to encourage and separate the two types of games. In low tiers you have to play with a bad character. You, Kai, and others are good but most who enter are not. This is why it is a side event.

Thats just my opinion keep it separate unless they are both players are playing their mains. If they are not it should not because they can CP with a better character but are limited by the characters they choose.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
your logic is flawed

simply because Kai and I MAIN such characters lololololololol

if you don't actually main a low tier, nobody cares if you lose a set in a low tier event

Eazy, were are you?

wreck this nonsense again plz

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
how is my logic flawed.

I just said that a player vs a player should only count if both main those characters. if you play kai though, he would rather pick diddy vs ike rather than sonic based on diddy being a better character...as an example...which in that case it should not count . Infact low tiers should not count at all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
how is my logic flawed.
Kai mains Sonic

Ike is one of my strongest characters I frequently use in real events

PRiDE mains Yoshi

Rhyme mains Samus

Vex mains Bowser

Zucco's Ness is really good and he beat Bleachigo with Ness in a real tournament and can obviously use such a character in a real event

why would wins against us in a low tier tournament not count when money is on the line?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
how is my logic flawed.

I just said that a player vs a player should only count if both main those characters. if you play kai though, he would rather pick diddy vs ike rather than sonic based on diddy being a better character...as an example...which in that case it should not count . Infact low tiers should not count at all.
Sonic beats Ike too, so w/e. In the situation of normal events, both of my S tier mains beat his mains, so I have the bigger advantage and the situation is tilted into my favor, not the other way around.

This has been covered before.

use your brain lol

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
how is my logic flawed.

I choose my character based on matchups, not their location on the tier list

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
all i ever see is m2k scared of ally like im scared of wyatt.

top 4 at AG is m2k larry haze and havok. how whack (did i spell that right? XD)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Kai mains Sonic

Ike is one of my strongest characters I frequently use in real events

PRiDE mains Yoshi

Rhyme mains Samus

Vex mains Bowser

Zucco's Ness is really good and he beat Bleachigo with Ness in a real tournament and can obviously use such a character in a real event

why would wins against us in a low tier tournament not count when money is on the line?
You are right Kai mains sonic but he also uses Diddy

the rest are correct.

I think I see the problem here. I think you maybe seeing me mentioning kai as more than just an example

So lets say player 1.

Player 1 mains a High Tier and a Low Tier

Player 2 mains Low Tier

In a regular tournament Player 2 losers to Player 1. Player 1 loses to Player 2 in Low Tiers.

Why should that count if Player 1 cannot use his High Tier to win the match. Player 1 could not do what he needed to so he could win.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am not arguing I am not upset I just want to understand where Inui is coming from.

@ Kai - I should of been clear but I meant diddy vs Ike in terms of match up not that diddy is a better character. In Theory I was informed Ike vs Diddy is better than Ike vs Sonic.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You are right Kai mains sonic but he also uses Diddy

the rest are correct.

I think I see the problem here. I think you maybe seeing me mentioning kai as more than just an example

So lets say player 1.

Player 1 mains a High Tier and a Low Tier

Player 2 mains Low Tier

In a regular tournament Player 2 losers to Player 1. Player 1 loses to Player 2 in Low Tiers.

Why should that count if Player 1 cannot use his High Tier to win the match. Player 1 could not do what he needed to so he could win.
aks yourself these questions:

is this a set involving mains?

is this set for money?

if so, it counts for rankings to some degree

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
The problem is that these events are advertised as Side Events. I think then you would need to have people not say they are side events anymore. It gives off the impression that is more for fun than for money. I think that is the real problem. You would then just advertise it just as another tournament just like doubles is not a side event but part of the event itself.

I think that would help in my thinking to understand how each thing is being viewed. I know you see it as a big event...and based on this region...it is...but I still think it would be helpful to have a low tier power rankings and if the panelists vote, have it part of the equation for overall power rankings.

Also I say institute a formula using mathematics so that it can be a lot easier to put together the power rankings. You do not have to disclose it but it could be something simple using addition and division and such . Just a thought there.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
I am not arguing I am not upset I just want to understand where Inui is coming from.

@ Kai - I should of been clear but I meant diddy vs Ike in terms of match up not that diddy is a better character. In Theory I was informed Ike vs Diddy is better than Ike vs Sonic.
I'd use either. Just don't mention me in your explaination. I don't want you or anyone else speaking for me in terms of decisions.

Panel-Idc what counts. Just make a list lol

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
In case you forgot, this is not a social thread or even in a social room. Keep arguing and I'll move the thread, though. I guess this is only a threat to people who value post count.

You being plural. Stop arguing here.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
we were not arguing we were debating about the rankings. This thread is to help the power rankings and discuss it. What right do you have, the people running and entering the tournaments, what this thread means to us. I do not think that is right and if you want to talk about it further I'd be happy to talk via aim or PM.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
In case you forgot, this is not a social thread or even in a social room. Keep arguing and I'll move the thread, though. I guess this is only a threat to people who value post count.

You being plural. Stop arguing here.
Do you not know the purpose of this thread?

This is the NJ player and tournament finder and also where the rankings for NJ are posted and discussed.

We are debating about the rankings and what should count for the rankings.

NOTHING currently under discussion is off topic at all. It's all on topic and relevant.

I'm drunk, and even I realize this...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Yeah we'll just let this thread chill for a little while.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
For clarification:

idc who it is

it's just plain stupid

i don't feel like dealing with idiots (such as you as well LOL @ you thinking you're better than me cuz of one set when I have 1000000 times more accomplishments than you overall and way more in THIS SEASON ALONE) on my b-day

this person needs to be aware that i'm not like the rest of smashboards

i will bring e-beef to IRL gladly
posts like these are why you were temp banned and why the thread is now closed until tomorrow.

I hardly see how that's on topic.

not to mention the spammer that's too much of a sissy to say things to someone's face, but he's permabanned so my point is moot.

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
zucco i have to leave at the same time to go to a year book class. its good bcuz i get credits for it. also hard to believe im actually a good student.

also falco vs snake who has the advantage. and dooms falco is scary. i can beat it but its godd. def. top 5 in state. and i wanna play zucco tho i wood get *****.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Singles:
- 1. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
- 2. Atomsk (Dedede/Ice Climbers/Meta Knight)
- 3. ksizzle (Meta Knight/Snake)
4. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake/Ike)
5. Kai (Sonic/Diddy Kong)
- 6. Zucco (Lucario/Ness)
- 7. MalcolmM (Wario/Sonic)
- 8. Pierce7d (Marth)
9. Doom (Meta Knight/Snake)
10. Bleachigo (Falco)
- 11. Orion (Meta Knight)
- 12. Kid (Falco)
- 13. iKon (Snake/Meta Knight)
- 14. BigM (Meta Knight)
- 15. Cable (Donkey Kong/Luigi/Diddy Kong)

Doubles:
- 1. Inui
2. ksizzle
3. Atomsk
4. ADHD
- 5. MalcolmM
6. Zucco
7. dmbrandon
8. Doom
9. Ether
- 10. Orion

Talented players unranked due to inactivity, barely missing the list, etc.:
-teh_spamerer (Meta Knight)
-RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik)
-Yes! (Snake/Wolf/Fox/Wario)
-Ether (Snake)
-Mr. Clutch (Wario)
-Keitaro (Falco)
-Eazy (Marth/Toon Link)
-Seph (Meta Knight)
-DaPuffster (Jigglypuff/Diddy Kong)
-Izumi (Meta Knight/Toon Link)
-Cloudfox (Mario/Luigi/Bowser)
-JG Wentworth (Meta Knight/R.O.B.)
-dmbrandon (Meta Knight)

also falco vs snake who has the advantage.
Snake.

Top Bottom