• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Kashif is too good at video games. He has the same strategy in all of them. He camped like a gay in Meteos and Advance Wars, even! The only ones he doesn't camp in...are racing games.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Kashif is too good at video games. He has the same strategy in all of them. He camped like a gay in Meteos and Advance Wars, even! The only ones he doesn't camp in...are racing games.
Wait.

how the **** do you camp in Meteos? Advance Wars I can understand, but...

Meteos?!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Yeah, not surprising. If you're a campy ******, that stage benefits you way too much. I like Forte and Gravitas for the ridiculous combos. Hevendor is just easy mode, lol.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
He camped like a gay in Meteos and Advance Wars, even! The only ones he doesn't camp in...are racing games.
Advance Wars kinda forces you to camp. With FoW off, if someone sets up majority of their units outside of range of yours, you are going to lose guaranteed if you try to rush in. With FoW on, you need to hide in forests so you can't be seen. If you're outside of forests you're going to get sniped.

Wait.

how the **** do you camp in Meteos? Advance Wars I can understand, but...

Meteos?!
Make a screen wide rocket. Never ever ever clear the screen with it, just keep it up.

I'm guessing he mained Brabbit in Meteos.
I can use other planets with varying degrees of success, but yes, Brabbit was my best.

Hevendor is just easy mode, lol.
It also sucks :bee:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Heavendor is terrible if you don't win quickly. Brabbit is the best.

Advance Wars kinda forces you to camp. With FoW off, if someone sets up majority of their units outside of range of yours, you are going to lose guaranteed if you try to rush in. With FoW on, you need to hide in forests so you can't be seen. If you're outside of forests you're going to get sniped.
I main Kanbei. CHARGE INTO BATTLE FOR GLORY AND HONOR!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
It's been ages since I've played Meteos. What's that other level with very similar mechanics to Brabbit? Boggob, I think?

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
I think Hachi, Grit, and Kanbei are top tier for AW:DS with Collin being a close 4th but not quite there. I play Hachi and yeah.... he's gay. My friends and I actually ban all four of those characters when we play. When we do ban those four, I play Jess or Sensei (who makes it no longer possible to play on large maps). Out of curiosity, is it standard to play with or without CO Powers? Some characters are useless with them off, but at the same time some characters just have ******** CO powers (e.g. Hachi xD).

I think rockets are only too good on maps that are entirely based on land. As soon as you throw in aircraft and you have to add anti-airs to your screen or missiles it becomes too costly.

But yeah... some maps are ******** and it becomes a stalemate.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think Hachi, Grit, and Kanbei are top tier for AW:DS with Collin being a close 4th but not quite there. I play Hachi and yeah.... he's gay. My friends and I actually ban all four of those characters when we play. When we do ban those four, I play Jess or Sensei (who makes it no longer possible to play on large maps). Out of curiosity, is it standard to play with or without CO Powers? Some characters are useless with them off, but at the same time some characters just have ******** CO powers (e.g. Hachi xD).

I think rockets are only too good on maps that are entirely based on land. As soon as you throw in aircraft and you have to add anti-airs to your screen or missiles it becomes too costly.

But yeah... some maps are ******** and it becomes a stalemate.
Days of Ruin is a much better game than the first DS AW... COs are far more balanced, and they no longer have game-breaking abilities. Instead, they get little +atck/def auras around the unit they're in at the time and their powers are at most range / movement increases or something minor but helpful. The gauge can only generate if something in the CO aura fights, too.

The other awesome thing is that it rewards you for joining units/keeping the same units alive. As units stack kills they rank up, and ranked units have higher attack / defense... Vet class units are much better than the meatshields that you typically pump out.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I think Hachi, Grit, and Kanbei are top tier for AW:DS with Collin being a close 4th but not quite there.
Hachi is far and away the best but Grit isn't THAT good. He's a cool character but not gay enough to be that good. And Colin > Kanbei. 2 star COP that gives 1.5x money and 25% off prices? Too ****.

Days of Ruin is a much better game than the first DS AW
Great game! Too bad AI is campy as hell.

Go do college stuff cyan.
Go tip some cows.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
omg omg omg guys I was just playing melee fourside with mario like I normally do at 4:30am (Brawl by day, Melee by night. I'm the Bruce Wayne of smash) and I found out that the height that you wall jump degrades over time! Like eventually you no longer gain height as you wall jump!

GUYS THIS IS A BIG DEAL! I'm rediscovering the lost techniques of yesteryear 2001! Guys! How come nobody told me about this 8 years ago!

Dude I'm going to call it EmuKiller's "Everyone gets a little worse after they jump a bunch of times in melee" jumping advanced technique.

PS: Is this true in brawl too? Cause that'd mean that I have discovered two advanced techniques AT THE SAME TIME!

I'm so pro.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Great game! Too bad AI is campy as hell.
AI is easy. I've s-ranked my entire map. Only reason to play that game is the multiplayer. Or any AW, for that matter.

(Brawl by day, Melee by night. I'm the Bruce Wayne of smash)
That's pretty **** sig-worthy.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Just go to things that keitaro doesn't go to so he doesn't whip yo azzzzzzz!!!!!:)

I R MOB groupie!

Top Bottom