• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

clowsui

Smash Legend
If only Inui moved to Ohio.....

Then again, Ohio is larger than NJ, so centralized hosting would be significantly more difficult unless people in Columbus hosted a lot.

Out of curiosity: how long is each season of NJ tournaments? OH PR is adjusted every 1-2 months...same thing here?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
All Viridian cities were this year though. 3 of the tournies you mentioned are from last year. As of recent, Alex has definitely been more consistent with tournament consistency and numbers.

You also didn't put in all your tournies Inui. You skipped like....half of them. But they don't matter much since they were from a long time ago anyway.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
All Viridian cities were this year though. 3 of the tournies you mentioned are from last year. As of recent, Alex has definitely been more consistent with tournament consistency and numbers.

You also didn't put in all your tournies Inui. You skipped like....half of them. But they don't matter much since they were from a long time ago anyway.
I've been doing stuff longer for NJ and more frequently. There was a big time gap for both of us because of Apex, but I usually host at least once a month. I used to do two per month if you remember.

I didn't include Montage ones because they weren't all mine and were from so long ago. I also didn't include the ~20 smaller events I hosted.

Alex and I both keep this state alive, but answer this... If one of us stopped hosting, which one quitting would be more devastating to the state?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Alex and I both keep this state alive, but answer this... If one of us stopped hosting, which one quitting would be more devastating to the state?
Isn't that relative to the person?

I like your venue better mostly because the drive ie easy(further but better), and the AC of course. Alex's venue can easily be more likable to others who are closer, like the enviroment(mainly the various places to eat for me :)), or find it easier and cheaper by public transport

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Isn't that relative to the person?

I like your venue better mostly because the drive ie easy(further but better), and the AC of course. Alex's venue can easily be more likable to others who are closer, like the enviroment(mainly the various places to eat for me :)), or find it easier and cheaper by public transport
No, it's not.

I host more events more frequently, I attract a larger number of the power ranked players, and I'm capable of adding crews and low tiers while other people can't.

Losing a big monthly is devastating. Losing his tournaments would be like...losing a leg.

Losing my tournaments, which can happen more often and include more types of events, would be like losing both legs.

Both instances are horrible, but...

Are you forgetting that before VC's were getting hosted that I was having two events per month to make up for the failure amount of tournaments happening? That's what I can do that other people can't.

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
You really miss things when you don't read a page or two. This is my second visit today and last before I head out to the forest with M2K to play a friendly. So, Inui is your leader NJ? Well then, good thing I live in baltimore. Given that Inui has sexy venues with unbeatable sandwitches, it can be tempting to make him your lord and master, but what kind of leader whipes his azz on his followers, Chibo said normal smash things and Inui just slurped his lizard juice in a gif no less. I doubt the man is really consuming that much caffeine on a daily basis, heck, maybe he is really drinking it as he posts. That would explain him thinking that he is lord of NJ. Not exactly sure how he got Eazy to call him leader in an indirect way but he must be stroking that man's weasel to the point of explosion.

Inui's gifs are funny to me but it also makes me only look at the gifs and takes away from his arguement, I doubt if you debate in real life youll actually pick up magnets and throw it at people before each debate or if you write a letter on your side, youll draw pink mushrooms after each sentence. It just isn't professional. If you guys are REAL debaters, go join the debating hall and post those gifs, youll be laughed at and destroyed within a few minutes. I like Inui as a person and would care if he got a splinter, I like everyone on these boards, I even like Kai and his crazy things of light. Sadly, I am an ******* and will try to get under your skin like Inu, why? because it is wensday.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Why has this stopped?
Because of VC's... I don't have to mass-produce tournaments anymore, and I don't have tons of free open dates to work with.

You really miss things when you don't read a page or two. This is my second visit today and last before I head out to the forest with M2K to play a friendly. So, Inui is your leader NJ? Well then, good thing I live in baltimore. Given that Inui has sexy venues with unbeatable sandwitches, it can be tempting to make him your lord and master, but what kind of leader whipes his azz on his followers, Chibo said normal smash things and Inui just slurped his lizard juice in a gif no less. I doubt the man is really consuming that much caffeine on a daily basis, heck, maybe he is really drinking it as he posts. That would explain him thinking that he is lord of NJ. Not exactly sure how he got Eazy to call him leader in an indirect way but he must be stroking that man's weasel to the point of explosion.
Chibo is not one of my people.

My actions prove I'm the leader. The actions of others prove it.

Words are...meaningless without proof and actions.

Inui's gifs are funny to me but it also makes me only look at the gifs and takes away from his arguement, I doubt if you debate in real life youll actually pick up magnets and throw it at people before each debate or if you write a letter on your side, youll draw pink mushrooms after each sentence. It just isn't professional. If you guys are REAL debaters, go join the debating hall and post those gifs, youll be laughed at and destroyed within a few minutes. I like Inui as a person and would care if he got a splinter, I like everyone on these boards, I even like Kai and his crazy things of light. Sadly, I am an ******* and will try to get under your skin like Inu, why? because it is wensday.
I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :mad:

starcock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Starcock
Because of VC's... I don't have to mass-produce tournaments anymore, and I don't have tons of free open dates to work with.

Chibo is not one of my people.

My actions prove I'm the leader. The actions of others prove it.

Words are...meaningless without proof and actions.

I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! :mad:
I know who you are too :mad:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
No johns, make it happen twice a month.
Impossible.

The restaurant has taken over authority of the banquet halls, making me more limited when it comes to using them.

Room 142 isn't a desolate wasteland I can use at my will anymore, meaning I don't just have a room to use whenever I want.

I can promise monthlies/semi-monthlies and the occassional smaller event, but that's it, especially with me moving soon.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Impossible.

The restaurant has taken over authority of the banquet halls, making me more limited when it comes to using them.

Room 142 isn't a desolate wasteland I can use at my will anymore, meaning I don't just have a room to use whenever I want.

I can promise monthlies/semi-monthlies and the occassional smaller event, but that's it, especially with me moving soon.
Too bad everyone lives so far away. I could probably get a venue easily for our crew to use. Not so sure people would travel all the way up to my area though

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Too bad everyone lives so far away. I could probably get a venue easily for our crew to use. Not so sure people would travel all the way up to my area though
The smasher population within 30 miles of your house appears to be...you. :laugh:

My venue is great, I just can't churn out stuff twice a month.

well to let everyone know the last VC is Aug 29th.
That is very sad considering how important you are to NJ's activity. I'd prefer to not have to make up for it.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
The smasher population within 30 miles of your house appears to be...you. :laugh:

My venue is great, I just can't churn out stuff twice a month.
Probably more like 60 miles but w/e. I'm not talking about replacing your venue obviously, I was stating it's a shame everyone is so far bc it is very easy to provide a venue where I am.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Woah

Ksizzle should be ranked higher than Atomsk on the doubles PR.

nobias lol.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I'm not sure what it takes for the doubles PR. I don't recall entering doubles more than once and I thought 2 or 3 tournies were needed :laugh:
Yeah the doubles PR has no real ruleset to it lol

PRiDE needs to keep teaming with M2K get top 3 and be like 3rd or 4th on the doubles PR.

BECAUSE TEAMMATE VARIETY DON'T COUNT

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well i thought doing well with different teammate helps you get higher on the PR

nevermind then.

-_-
Being able to do well with lots of people does count.

But Atomsk is usually with me, and that means first place. When he does split from me, he still does well enough to be considered really good.

ksizzle only did better like...after this season started. ksizzle's only good doubles performances before recently...were with...me, rofl.

I'm not sure what it takes for the doubles PR. I don't recall entering doubles more than once and I thought 2 or 3 tournies were needed :laugh:
You entered enough doubles events that qualified. We checked.

Attention Panel, I have a proposal to make.

Should we make the season only two months instead of three? It seems that the skill levels and activity levels in NJ are no longer stable enough for three months to be accurate. For instance, I am probably much better than dmbrandon now that I have decided to give a crap about singles, Bleachigo should move up a few spots, Orion should probably drop a few spots, etc.

I think we should keep the same activity requirements, though. We shouldn't be so tolerant of inactivity.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Being able to do well with lots of people does count.

But Atomsk is usually with me, and that means first place. When he does split from me, he still does well enough to be considered really good.

ksizzle only did better like...after this season started. ksizzle's only good doubles performances before recently...were with...me, rofl.

You entered enough doubles events that qualified. We checked.

Attention Panel, I have a proposal to make.

Should we make the season only two months instead of three? It seems that the skill levels and activity levels in NJ are no longer stable enough for three months to be accurate. For instance, I am probably much better than dmbrandon now that I have decided to give a crap about singles, Bleachigo should move up a few spots, Orion should probably drop a few spots, etc.

I think we should keep the same activity requirements, though. We shouldn't be so tolerant of inactivity.
Lets take a second and think about this.

You just said at most you can provide monthlies.
Alex just said he won't be throwing the VC tournies anymore.

So within this proposed two months we have...your two monthlies? Throw in some oos tourny in Pa and you have the 3 tourny req, but regardless its still too little of a time slot with what Nj's tourny schedule is looking like.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lets take a second and think about this.

You just said at most you can provide monthlies.
Alex just said he won't be throwing the VC tournies anymore.

So within this proposed two months we have...your two monthlies? Throw in some oos tourny in Pa and you have the 3 tourny req, but regardless its still too little of a time slot with what Nj's tourny schedule is looking like.
There's this thing: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6630

It just hasn't been posted yet here.

We can end the season one weekend after that.

By then, we'll have at least five NJ events, and there's still stuff like Gauntlet and GameTable that a lot of us go to.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
@eazy : I need to think about it. Maybe I just need a break for a bit I just need time to myself really.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I understand Alex. But I know you're just running away from smash so you don't have to rematch mm me from like a year ago:)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
you are so silly lolz

thanks eazy that made me smile.

Maybe I need some more help running it and take the stress off me.

BTW we gotta redo that mm sometime I wanna prove that I have the stuff as they say.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Haha we can play anytime bro. But, how much extra help would you need? Maybe you could make a thread asking who would be willing to throw in the extra time.

I'm going to try my best to run some events at rutgers this year as well. I am no where near able to run a tournament now but I will get things figured out. Old school Rutgers weeklies were the ****!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Haha we can play anytime bro. But, how much extra help would you need? Maybe you could make a thread asking who would be willing to throw in the extra time.

I'm going to try my best to run some events at rutgers this year as well. I am no where near able to run a tournament now but I will get things figured out. Old school Rutgers weeklies were the ****!

Well I'll see how I am this weekend and Aug 29th because maybe its just been a ****ty few weeks.

As far as playing I wish you were going to SNES I'd play you tomorrow and like stuff. If not we can play anytime pick a day.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Sonic is terrible and should be allowed.

I want a challenge in low tier singles. I don't know if Vex is going. Mew2King won't be there. Hmm, who's left? Oh, Kai. Yeah. I want to fight you in low tiers again without you failing like a moron.

bajisci

Smash Ace
why the hell are those kids hosting a tournament they are gonna shame me cyanide and orions town!

Top Bottom