• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
New rankings should be done right before Halloween aka end of October aka after 3 months.

I feel soooo not ready for Viridian Falco wise :p Eazy was supposed to be at Rutgers this week but he delayed moving back in cause he sucks.

Yes was supposed to come over Thursday but he sucked balls instead.

So I haven't gotten good practice with my Falco in like almost 2 weeks. I played him yesterday for a bit and was dairing for no reason like an idiot, lol!

I should probably play on the ladder or something till Yes, Eazy, and Spam come back to RU.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah but then instead of dairing like an idiot for no reason he'd be fairing like an idiot for no reason :-/

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Sounds like your marth:) LMAO at when you were trying 2 pick him up a while back for falco hahahahah!

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Question: I know wins are important, but what about multiple wins on a ranked/good player. Does that also count and to what significance?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
As long as there At leastt 3 tournaments a month, No one should have a problem with 2 month seasons.
I agree with this, but with Alex holding his VC once a month normally(the last for the summer being this weekend) and Inui hosting once a month or 2 as well...we'll have to rely on the occasional event in NJ as well as NY event which may be like 2. I'm not sure if 6 in the region would be hit in 2 months. Not to mention that would consist of everyone hitting up least 3 or so to have a decent chance of being where they belong as far as rankings. May be difficult.

If I used myself as an example, I would go to NJ events easily. Chances are I wouldn't go to NY events due to them all being in the city and I search for other means of getting to them than driving myself so it's a maybe at best. Oh well :laugh:. Guess we'll just see. It's not like I can speak for anyone other than myself.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
As long as there At leastt 3 tournaments a month, No one should have a problem with 2 month seasons.
qft

And there's always at least one tournament per weekend near NJ players. Even if there's no NJ event, there are plenty of NYC tournaments and a few Philly events. There's enough for everyone to easily enter 6-8 events per season.

Our area is both active and dynamic; two months is better.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
And what if someone actually wants to do other things on their saturdays? Making it 2 months instead of 3 makes it more urging to dedicate your life to smash if you want to get ranked.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
And what if someone actually wants to do other things on their saturdays? Making it 2 months instead of 3 makes it more urging to dedicate your life to smash if you want to get ranked.
No dumb johns.

3 events in 8 weekends = easy. If you're not meeting that, you're inactive.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
No dumb johns.

3 events in 8 weekends = easy. If you're not meeting that, you're inactive.
I would be for this if there were a decent amout of tournies going on in NJ but there really isn't. Alot of NJ players have only been to your tourney this season cause there weren't any other NJ tournies around. There may have been 1 or 2 in NY, or maybe PA, but seriously.

People should be able to be ranked by going to NJ tournies alone and there clearly aren't that many tournies going on in NJ. Especially not enough to get a decent win/loss record from each player.

I'm for the original ruleset which is once every 3 months.

Inui is for 2 months, I'm for 3. What you think traveling man Ksizzle? I really don't care much myself but I'd vote for 3 instead of 2.

Zucco

Smash Master
Little bleachigo hardly goes to tourneys so if you make it 2 months there's a good chance he wont even get ranked. THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Philly is far and NYC is a no. No ranks for me :laugh:, oh well
Case in point. If there is a lack of NJ tournaments, then it would be foolish to have each season be only two months, since not everyone wants to travel out of state every week to be ranked.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
3 months. You yourself won't be able to host as frequently as in the past Inui.
Case in point. If there is a lack of NJ tournaments, then it would be foolish to have each season be only two months, since not everyone wants to travel out of state every week to be ranked.
But thats the players fault if they don't drive an absurd distance or to a traffic infested hell hole every weekend :laugh:.

Ehh w/e. The ranks aren't important. I have no issue not being on them.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I would be for this if there were a decent amout of tournies going on in NJ but there really isn't. Alot of NJ players have only been to your tourney this season cause there weren't any other NJ tournies around. There may have been 1 or 2 in NY, or maybe PA, but seriously.

People should be able to be ranked by going to NJ tournies alone and there clearly aren't that many tournies going on in NJ. Especially not enough to get a decent win/loss record from each player.
No Maps started the season. After that is Viridian City. Then there is Got Milk scheduled for the middle of September. My birthday weekend of September 26th/27th is likely to have an event. There are still several open weekends to put events in. NJ is active enough on its own.

NYC and Philly events border NJ. They easily count. Just because a few select players john about going to those cities doesn't mean we need to require 6,000 NJ events for the rankings. Only two NJ events are needed to be ranked.

Little bleachigo hardly goes to tourneys so if you make it 2 months there's a good chance he wont even get ranked. THINK ABOUT THE CHILDREN!
His problem for being inactive, not ours.

if nj doesnt slack with the tourneys ill be with 2 months
It already isn't.

3 months. You yourself won't be able to host as frequently as in the past Inui.
False.

Do pools count toward the rankings?
Mochiron.

Why wouldn't they?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Didn't you even say how it's harder to host at your place now due to the limited days the rooms are free?

You don't drive, I wouldn't expect you to realize how annoying distance and traffic are. Johns are johns though, you're the expert in that department. I won't argue about it lol XD

Eazy23

Smash Lord
ROfl

But I don't at all have a problem with more frequent updates on the rankings list. NJ's scene has finally become really competitive. Most players feel they are top 8 imo. One thing I want to see more in tournament is more ranked players actually fighting eachother in brackets or money matches. I havent played zucco, inui, atomsk, adhd, kai, bleachigo, seph, pierce, doom etc in brackets at all. I would like to see how everyone stacks up against one another a bit more.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Didn't you even say how it's harder to host at your place now due to the limited days the rooms are free?

You don't drive, I wouldn't expect you to realize how annoying distance and traffic are. Johns are johns though, you're the expert in that department. I won't argue about it lol XD
I don't let things being more difficult stop me from accomplishing them. I am a tournament host that prides himself on his ability and activity.

I don't drive, but who cares? I constantly take very long rides to tournaments. It's worth it for me. It's fun. I never miss a tournament.

Rankings reward dedication as well as skill. If you're not willing to get to three tournaments in eight weekends...you are not dedicated enough to be ranked.

Pretty soon we will be doing weekly rankings.
Why do people assume that such stupid extremes are possible?

This is similar to Keitaro's horrible arguements against counting my low tier set with Kai. "WE'LL SOON START COUNTING FRIENDLIES LOLOLOL!"

No.

Eazy23

Smash Lord

This is similar to Keitaro's horrible arguements against counting my low tier set with Kai. "WE'LL SOON START COUNTING FRIENDLIES LOLOLOL!"

No.

Can you not detect mockery, jest and sarcasm?

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
ROfl

But I don't at all have a problem with more frequent updates on the rankings list. NJ's scene has finally become really competitive. Most players feel they are top 8 imo. One thing I want to see more in tournament is more ranked players actually fighting eachother in brackets or money matches. I havent played zucco, inui, atomsk, adhd, kai, bleachigo, seph, pierce, doom etc in brackets at all. I would like to see how everyone stacks up against one another a bit more.
Yeah it's more fun. I have 13 mm's planned at VC(if they all go/6 of which are ranked). Makes things more exciting.

I don't drive, but who cares? I constantly take very long rides to tournaments. It's worth it for me. It's fun. I never miss a tournament.

Rankings reward dedication as well as skill. If you're not willing to get to three tournaments in eight weekends...you are not dedicated enough to be ranked.

Like I said, unranked? Oh well, not important.

Like I said, wouldn't expect you to understand.

Recognize a joke when it is obvious.....Eazy was exaggerating bc it was funny

Top Bottom