• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm going on vacation starting this weekend.

I'll go to your No Maps tournament k?
Great, but that's next season.

Eazy is that high? I guess. I don't play enough so I can't be a good judge, but personally I would have put Seph and Izumi above Eazy. Maybe just drop down the singles rankings to 10 spots like Chibo said earlier because yeah, it's really hard to judge.
Eazy got a lot better and did well. He's done pretty well this season.

Seph had one good event and Izumi had zero. >_>;

Allied

Smash Master
it's satire, Yes. SATIRE!!! That's intelligent humor, right?

Eazy is that high? I guess. I don't play enough so I can't be a good judge, but personally I would have put Seph and Izumi above Eazy. Maybe just drop down the singles rankings to 10 spots like Chibo said earlier because yeah, it's really hard to judge.

And I mean... did it really bother you that the NJ Power Rankings thread was used for meaningless debates? I mean... seriously?
Eazy is REALLLY good 0_o

XD

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Singles:
1. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Meta Knight/Ice Climbers)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight/Lucario/Ice Climbers)
4. dmbrandon (Meta Knight)
5. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
6. Zucco (Lucario)
7. Keitaro (Falco)
8. Kai (Diddy Kong/Sonic)
9. Pierce7d (Marth)
10. Eazy (Marth/Falco)
11. Seph (Meta Knight)
12. DaPuffster (Diddy Kong/Jigglypuff)
13. Izumi (Meta Knight/Toon Link)
14. Bleachigo (Falco)
15. Doom (Meta Knight/Game and Watch/Dedede)
**** yea ICs

Inui

Banned via Warnings
so theoretically if i never teamed with anyone but m2k/lived in NJ/won all the doubles tournies, I'd be number 1 or 2 on the doubles list. Doubles list is a bad idea
Theoretically, yes.

But such a theory isn't applicable right now since it hasn't happened. As of now, such a situation doesn't exist.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
so theoretically if i never teamed with anyone but m2k/lived in NJ/won all the doubles tournies, I'd be number 1 or 2 on the doubles list. Doubles list is a bad idea
If it were a Low tier Doubles ranking I would be 1st since I've won every single one I've went too and partnered with three different players.

But I'm well aware that a Low Tier Doubles ranking is totally out of the question.

bajisci

Smash Ace
it's satire, Yes. SATIRE!!! That's intelligent humor, right?

And I mean... did it really bother you that the NJ Power Rankings thread was used for meaningless debates? I mean... seriously?
FOOl! It's not satire its clearly hyperbole as jigglymaster said as indicated by this consecutive string of gifs and random ranting

jk

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
For the record, I got 5 infraction points while Bajisci got 4. I think it's safe to say I win the debate.
OH LOL. I didn't know you guys got four and five infraction points.

I only got one infraction point. My apologies then because for a while there I thought I was put on the same terms as they were.

Allied

Smash Master
lol that debate was too good and lol @ emu's location

u guys are nuts

NJfinders thread

You had to be there.

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
You're right. But it's an extreme example that shows how difficult it would be to rank people individually based on team performance. I really don't think it's a good idea
Honestly slik I don't mind. Yeah it's a lot more arguable because you can have someone carry your weight, but if you think it's meaningless than don't take any meaning. As soon as somebody starts bragging about "oh well I'm 8th on the doubles power ranking I know what I'm talking about", just laugh it off. For the people who want an idea of a player's past performance in doubles it'll exist and if you don't want to take anything from it, don't.

EDIT: Just a thought because I think it'd be a nice addition, maybe there should be an archive section in the first post that contains links to the result threads of the tournaments used in determining the current rankings e.g. just whatever NJ tournaments had 40+ entrants.

EDIT EDIT: Oh wow it exists, just isn't really up to date. Get on that.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I find it funny that you rank yourself above me even tho you did nothing all season and I did so much better then you. Then when I said play me for it you backed out. Before you open your mouth think about its logically. Keitaro, Meep, IcyLight, Deez, Umbra, PenUmbra, Blue, Truth, and EEvisu > Dark.Pch, Famous, Holychef, Izumi. And the fact that everyone says I am better then you, it doesn't change that thick head of yours.

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
I find it funny that you rank yourself above me even tho you did nothing all season and I did so much better then you. Then when I said play me for it you backed out. Before you open your mouth think about its logically. Keitaro, Meep, IcyLight, Deez, Umbra, PenUmbra, Blue, Truth, and EEvisu > Dark.Pch, Famous, Holychef, Izumi. And the fact that everyone says I am better then you, it doesn't change that thick head of yours.

ightt Xzax gettin offf on Chibo in the NJ threadd lolz good stuff.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
ok ok ok,,,

Singles:
1. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Meta Knight/Ice Climbers)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight/Lucario/Ice Climbers)
5. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
6. Zucco (Lucario)
7. Keitaro (Falco)
8. Kai (Diddy Kong/Sonic)
9. Pierce7d (Marth)
10. Eazy (Marth/Falco)
11. Seph (Meta Knight)
12. DaPuffster (Diddy Kong/Jigglypuff)
13. Izumi (Meta Knight/Toon Link)
14. Bleachigo (Falco)
15. Doom (Meta Knight/Game and Watch/Dedede)

Doubles:
1. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake/Wario)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Meta Knight/Wario)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight)
5. Doom (Meta Knight)
6. Ether (Snake)
7. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
8. Pierce7d (Marth)
9. Izumi (Meta Knight)
10. Zucco (Lucario)

Both of these lists suck. Do you have who people have beaten as well as their placings? 6-10 on doubles looks wrong. 6-15 looks wrong in singles. I realize you said they were drafts. Still, they look like bad drafts to me.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Yea Inui I literally looked at every tourney since apex to now for this region. ive seen all the wins and i made a pretty perfect unifnished list....LOL btw

pierce is not active so take him off.

Kai has some pretty big wins this season and should be above zucco and keitaro...maybe even you. i dont know. ill check again. zucco only has a big win from keitaro and his activity.

Orion is actually active and has won a few gaming worlds so put him on. if you dont becuz hes won gaming worlds, then why was puffster ranked a while back?

also, you should put ether over doom in doubles. every single time he has entered doubles he has outplaced doom by a little or alot.

Honestly, why dont we have a top 10?

this is my top 10

adhd 8
atomsk 7
ksizzle 7
dmbrandon 3
inui 8
kai 5
zucco 4
keitaro 4
izumi 7
eazy 4

with the number of tourneys they entered too. its a strong list. i really dont want to rank people if theyve only attended stuff. i dont want us to be seen as a joke.

Malcolm is also active btw

Btw BIG_M: Suck on one.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Yea Inui I literally looked at every tourney since apex to now for this region. ive seen all the wins and i made a pretty perfect unifnished list....LOL btw

Kai has some pretty big wins this season and should be above zucco and keitaro...maybe even you. i dont know. ill check again. zucco only has a big win from keitaro and his activity.

Orion is actually active and has won a few gaming worlds so put him on. if you dont becuz hes won gaming worlds, then why was puffster ranked a while back?

also, you should put ether over doom in doubles. every single time he has entered doubles he has outplaced doom by a little or alot.

this is my top 10

adhd 8
atomsk 7
ksizzle 7
dmbrandon 3
inui 8
kai 5
zucco 4
keitaro 4
izumi 7
eazy 4

with the number of tourneys they entered too. its a strong list. i really dont want to rank people if theyve only attended stuff. i dont want us to be seen as a joke.

I'm glad Kelvin is on the panel. At least he makes sense.

Pierce was actually one of the people I thought should be above me, zucco, and keitaro though. Is he really inactive?

Orion won a few gaming worlds I think. I only recall going to two with him there but he's been there without me. If that counts, then the one that I won(orion, cyanide, Blue, and Blues brother all attended) should count as well. Orion, Blue, and especially his brother are all good players and I had to beat Blue in GF and his bro in brackets.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You're right. But it's an extreme example that shows how difficult it would be to rank people individually based on team performance. I really don't think it's a good idea
It's...not hard. I don't see what's hard about it. The panelists can address any situation easily.

Both of these lists suck. Do you have who people have beaten as well as their placings? 6-10 on doubles looks wrong. 6-15 looks wrong in singles. I realize you said they were drafts. Still, they look like bad drafts to me.
Yes, I looked at that. What's wrong with the lists? You can't just say "the list looks wrong" without any evidence or corrections.

I'm glad Kelvin is on the panel. At least he makes sense.
Yeah, I totally never make sense! Fool.

Pierce was actually one of the people I thought should be above me, zucco, and keitaro though. Is he really inactive?
I'm pretty sure he's too inactive and only had one good event and scored only one good win the entire season. He might not even active enough to get ranked.

Orion won a few gaming worlds I think. I only recall going to two with him there but he's been there without me. If that counts, then the one that I won(orion, cyanide, Blue, and Blues brother all attended) should count as well. Orion, Blue, and especially his brother are all good players and I had to beat Blue in GF and his bro in brackets.
Well, we need results for those. Orion attended Paradigm and then literally went to China for the rest of the season.

That's...what I did. Although I did it quickly.

I had a feeling that was true.

Don't forget what Keitaro did in the Midwest, and Kai can't be above me because I still have bigger wins, especially beating you twice and Snakeee once. Zucco beat Snakeee, BlackWaltz, dmbrandon, Keitaro, and some other people. Remember?

I never saw the results for those... Where are they?

This is true, but does it trump Doom's significantly greater activity and what he did at Apex, which was actually really good? It's debatable, but I can definitely see it your way (and I'd rather team with Ether, lol).

this is my top 10

adhd 8
atomsk 7
ksizzle 7
dmbrandon 3
inui 8
kai 5
zucco 4
keitaro 4
izumi 7
eazy 4

Our state is definitely large enough for a top 15 and I'd prefer to keep it that way. It doesn't make us look like a joke.

Malcolm is active in terms of number of events, but he has only one NJ tournament.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Yes, I looked at that. What's wrong with the lists? You can't just say "the list looks wrong" without any evidence or corrections.

Yeah, I totally never make sense! Fool.

I'm pretty sure he's too inactive and only had one good event and scored only one good win the entire season. He might not even active enough to get ranked.

Don't forget what Keitaro did in the Midwest, and Kai can't be above me because I still have bigger wins, especially beating you twice and Snakeee once. Zucco beat Snakeee, BlackWaltz, dmbrandon, Keitaro, and some other people. Remember?

I never saw the results for those... Where are they?
I can say w/e I would like but if you need explainations then I'll give some.

Like I said, I don't know everyone elses exact results and wins. In terms of myself, from PA ive beaten Vex, Rogue(low mm, dont know if this counts), xzax(low mm), Umbra, and smurf(low mm). As for NJ I beat zucco(he beat me as well though at the tourny he beat brandon at), you, Blue, and his brother. As for NY I beat snakeee and allied. My placing also hasn't been bad. I've lost to 1 bad player all season, Kelvin about 4-5 times, and a few others.

I'd much rather not be on the rankings at all, but if I have to be, I don't wanna be misrepresented.

I didn't know pierce was inactive(or considered it), I just think hes better then some players that he is ranked under. I realize it's for the season but still, I thought he was lower than he should be.

I don't have the results for GW. The only 3 I went to I won 2 of them. 2 of them had good players, the other didnt.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
We're stating wins? Yay!!

Well here's my wins:

Alphazealot 2x
Quivo 2x
Vex Kasrani
Blackwaltz
Cable
PAUmbra
Seph
Chibo
Xzax (low mm)

I'll also state Zucco's wins since no one else has:

Snakeee
dmbrandon 2x
Keitaro 2x
Blackwaltz
Izumi 2x
Kai
Dapuffster
Xzax
Seph

I always thought of Zucco to be in front of Kai and I for sure but everything still looks close.

Pierce hasn't been too active this season and if he barely passes activity I don't think he'd be in the top 8/9. He's a great player but where you been Pierce!?

Zucco

Smash Master
We're stating wins? Yay!!

Well here's my wins:

Alphazealot 2x
Quivo 2x
Vex Kasrani
Blackwaltz
Cable
PAUmbra
Seph
Chibo
Xzax (low mm)

I'll also state Zucco's wins since no one else has:

Snakeee
dmbrandon 2x
Keitaro 2x
Blackwaltz
Izumi 2x
Kai
Dapuffster
Xzax
Seph

I always thought of Zucco to be in front of Kai and I for sure but everything still looks close.

well to be fair, I've only really beat Brandon once. He just said he'd give me the second win cause he wanted to go.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I can say w/e I would like but if you need explainations then I'll give some.

Like I said, I don't know everyone elses exact results and wins. In terms of myself, from PA ive beaten Vex, Rogue(low mm, dont know if this counts), xzax(low mm), Umbra, and smurf(low mm). As for NJ I beat zucco(he beat me as well though at the tourny he beat brandon at), you, Blue, and his brother. As for NY I beat snakeee and allied. My placing also hasn't been bad. I've lost to 1 bad player all season, Kelvin about 4-5 times, and a few others.

I'd much rather not be on the rankings at all, but if I have to be, I don't wanna be misrepresented.

I didn't know pierce was inactive(or considered it), I just think hes better then some players that he is ranked under. I realize it's for the season but still, I thought he was lower than he should be.

I don't have the results for GW. The only 3 I went to I won 2 of them. 2 of them had good players, the other didnt.
I went to Gamingworld when Orion was there and I beat him in a set then I beat him again in Grand Finals. It was a few weeks before Palidram.

Top Bottom