• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I swear if people don't stop posting pictures and gifs like the past couple pages I will take it upon myself to close this entire thread.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Pierce and I are interested in a doubles ranking.

Would anyone care?
How would it work out? Would it work out individually or would only certain teams be on the list?

I don't have a certain team but I did good in the doubles tournament at my tournament with Keitaro.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The same requirements would apply. You need three doubles events total, at least two of them being in NJ. It would work out individually and need analyzing. It would probably only go to 10.

Allied

Smash Master
it seems fair and logical and maybe could encourage more people to participate and stradegize in doubles

maybe people who lack in singles could redeem themself in doubles too

many possibilities 0_o

personally if NJ does it

i vote NY and PA do it too

same with MD/VA

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Closed while I clean house.

There we go. Fyi, anymore image spam'll earn you a week ban.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I hate it when I get infractions like that >____>

w/e I'm done with this stuff today.

Work my *** off for a whole week non stop and then decide to take a break so I get punished for that. Thanks alot world >____>

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Meh, I'm just gonna leave smashboards again for another month to go work on my project some more since things got boring around here again. I'll be back for EC's No Maps tournament.

Its quite funny actually I thought Cow was one of the funnier guys. I liked you. But thats not the case anymore.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
ok ok ok,,,

Here's some new drama.

Actually, it's just a rough draft of the rankings Doom and I came up with quickly just now. If I'm somehow missing anyone or made some errors, let me know. I typically start off the rankings discussions and lead them, and I'd prefer to start with strong lists.

Singles:
1. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Meta Knight/Ice Climbers)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight/Lucario/Ice Climbers)
4. dmbrandon (Meta Knight)
5. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
6. Zucco (Lucario)
7. Keitaro (Falco)
8. Kai (Diddy Kong/Sonic)
9. Pierce7d (Marth)
10. Eazy (Marth/Falco)
11. Seph (Meta Knight)
12. DaPuffster (Diddy Kong/Jigglypuff)
13. Izumi (Meta Knight/Toon Link)
14. Bleachigo (Falco)
15. Doom (Meta Knight/Game and Watch/Dedede)

Doubles:
1. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake/Wario)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Meta Knight/Wario)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight)
5. Doom (Meta Knight)
6. Ether (Snake)
7. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
8. Pierce7d (Marth)
9. Izumi (Meta Knight)
10. Zucco (Lucario)

Talented players unranked due to activity, etc.:
-teh_spamerer (Meta Knight)
-RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik)
-Yes! (Snake/Wolf)
-Cable (Donkey Kong)
-MalcolmM (Wario/Sonic)
-Orion (Meta Knight)
-Gunblade (Snake/Marth)
-JG Wentworth (ROB/Meta Knight)
-Turbo Ether (Snake/Wolf)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
lol because i have a higher standard for humor other than stupid gifs? lolk.

doubles rankings would be really complicated to judge but cool. should bolster inui's ego quite nicely.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
ok ok ok,,,

Here's some new drama.

Actually, it's just a rough draft of the rankings Doom and I came up with quickly just now. If I'm somehow missing anyone or made some errors, let me know. I typically start off the rankings discussions and lead them, and I'd prefer to start with strong lists.

Singles:
1. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Meta Knight/Ice Climbers)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight/Lucario/Ice Climbers)
5. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake)
6. Zucco (Lucario)
7. Keitaro (Falco)
8. Kai (Diddy Kong/Sonic)
9. Pierce7d (Marth)
10. Eazy (Marth/Falco)
11. Seph (Meta Knight)
12. DaPuffster (Diddy Kong/Jigglypuff)
13. Izumi (Meta Knight/Toon Link)
14. Bleachigo (Falco)
15. Doom (Meta Knight/Game and Watch/Dedede)

Doubles:
1. Inui (Meta Knight/Snake/Wario)
2. Atomsk (Dedede/Meta Knight/Wario)
3. ksizzle (Meta Knight)
5. Doom (Meta Knight)
6. Ether (Snake)
7. ADHD (Diddy Kong)
8. Pierce7d (Marth)
9. Izumi (Meta Knight)
10. Zucco (Lucario)

Talented players unranked due to activity, etc.:
-teh_spamerer (Meta Knight)
-RyokoYaksa (Zelda/Sheik)
-Yes! (Snake/Wolf)
-Cable (Donkey Kong)
-MalcolmM (Wario/Sonic)
-Orion (Meta Knight)
-Gunblade (Snake/Marth)
-JG Wentworth (ROB/Meta Knight)
-Turbo Ether (Snake/Wolf)
nvm.......................

Inui

Banned via Warnings
doubles rankings would be really complicated to judge but cool. should bolster inui's ego quite nicely.
I don't think it's complicated at all. Whoever does better in doubles goes higher.

Man,i beat gunblade i should be on the talented players list lol cuz i never make it to tournaments.
Um...beating one person that's on the "talented but unranked" section doesn't amount to much of anything, dude.

Allied

Smash Master
Even tho it is completely boostering inui's ego i completely agree

no **** riding intended

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I just noticed something funny about dmbrandon's ranking positions, and anyone that remembers his days of getting 4th at everything will also find it funny.

That number loves him.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
but ppl teaming with different ppl and a lot of losses that could be pointed solely to your teammate makes everything so inconsistant

Inui

Banned via Warnings
but ppl teaming with different ppl and a lot of losses that could be pointed solely to your teammate makes everything so inconsistant
I still don't see how that makes it complicated.

It's obvious that a doubles ranking will have a few flaws due to that.

Doom, for instance, is worse than Pierce7d and Ether at teams, but Doom has bigger wins (even though it's based a lot on him teaming with top players) and is more active in teams. But hey, he proved himself to be able to take top placings in teams with those top players, so they team with him and do well. Pierce7d and Ether aren't active enough to be over him.

Just look at it intelligently. I think my list is really accurate. I know how everyone stands in doubles here.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
lol because i have a higher standard for humor other than stupid gifs? lolk.

Let me introduce you to a part of humor you apparently don't know.

Its called a Hyperbole.

Hyperbole means extreme exaggeration.

A person named Mark Twain was known for using Hyperbolies in his stories.

This is Mark Twain's "The Notorious Jumping Frog of Calaverars County.
Read it and understand the sense of humor we used.
http://etext.virginia.edu/railton/projects/price/frog.htm

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
riding on someone's coat tails doesn't make you good lucas. this is why every match would have to be looked into. if one player can carry another to victory, why should the dead weight be recognized for having 3 stocks with the good player?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
riding on someone's coat tails doesn't make you good lucas. this is why every match would have to be looked into. if one player can carry another to victory, why should the dead weight be recognized for having 3 stocks with the good player?
Doom himself is actually decent in teams. He may even be pretty good. He teams with good players, but he still beats teams that have TWO top players on them quite frequently, which means he can hold his own just fine.

Nobody else on the list can even be accused of being dead weight.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Doom himself is actually decent in teams. He may even be pretty good. He teams with good players, but he still beats teams that have TWO top players on them quite frequently, which means he can hold his own just fine.

Nobody else on the list can even be accused of being dead weight.
Idk but I've beaten ADHD and Pierce with Blue in doubles and I've also beaten Shadow and Doom with Keitaro. It might not be worth on the top 10 but I've beaten almost half of the top 10 in different doubles tournaments.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Idk but I've beaten ADHD and Pierce with Blue in doubles and I've also beaten Shadow and Doom with Keitaro. It might not be worth on the top 10 but I've beaten almost half of the top 10 in different doubles tournaments.
Only tournaments from May until next weekend are going to count, and you still need activity.

bajisci

Smash Ace
aww my sexy posts got deleted :( me and emu had a serious debate with the assistance of animated gifs to guide us along!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
But I am active.

I've attended doubles at Apex, Palidram, and Un Owen.

So the match against Pierce and ADHD dosn't count anymore but against Shadow and Doom it does.
Oh dear, one tournament per month! Look at that "activity" right there! That's bare minimum activity, not active. You also only did "good" in doubles once. Step it up. Go to the Gametable event this weekend and ****.

Allied

Smash Master
tbh this isn't true at all

Some people are better at doubles, some people at better at singles its too different universes of gameplay at top competitive play.

Doom admits that he lacks significantly in singles and he even said himself he rather not be even ranked on the singles power rankings and if he had to be ranked he would want last for poor singles placings and results.

However its stupid to say doom is a poor player overall by those results when he wins and beats significantly higher ranked players in doubles play EVEN with poorly skilled partners at some points.

It also goes to show that doom and other players at certain points are more efficient at teams then in singles themself because they may have the team work and straedgy down but downright lack certain 1v1 qualites to win.

i mean as far as the list goes i would say its pretty accurate definitally has minor flaws tho

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Oh dear, one tournament per month! Look at that "activity" right there! That's bare minimum activity, not active. You also only did "good" in doubles once. Step it up. Go to the Gametable event this weekend and ****.
I'm going on vacation starting this weekend.

I'll go to your No Maps tournament k?

EmuKiller

Smash Ace
EmuKiller?! More like... FREEmuKiller!!!!!!
it's satire, Yes. SATIRE!!! That's intelligent humor, right?

Eazy is that high? I guess. I don't play enough so I can't be a good judge, but personally I would have put Seph and Izumi above Eazy. Maybe just drop down the singles rankings to 10 spots like Chibo said earlier because yeah, it's really hard to judge.

And I mean... did it really bother you that the NJ Power Rankings thread was used for meaningless debates? I mean... seriously?

Top Bottom