• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well I like

Nofair
Pirate Ship
Pictochat
Japes

sadly with people like inui running NJ we will not see that because he believes those stages to be gay. I could change mine but it will cause unnecessary drama....so ya there you have it.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
Well, all 4 of them are gay. I won't deny that. If I looked at it with unbiased views like Keitaro and I would have to do if it became serious, Norfair would have no chance.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
well I like

Nofair
Pirate Ship
Pictochat
Japes

sadly with people like inui running NJ we will not see that because he believes those stages to be gay. I could change mine but it will cause unnecessary drama....so ya there you have it.
Those are not skillbased stages. They are gaybased and luckbased. The stages can easily decide matches based on random occurances.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
SO as i said....update the list with the chart format that md/va and socal have?
Agreed, that format looks cool. Only thing that I would change is instead of saying moved up one spot, I'd just put "Moved from *last placing*" or not ranked if they had none. Either way it looks cool.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
well I like

Nofair
Pirate Ship
Pictochat
Japes

If I was running NJ it would be exactly the same. I can imagine many other hosts would agree.

Every time you allow a stage like the ones above it gives the fighter community at large another chance to point at us and laugh at how non-competitive our game is.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
nah cyan tripping alone is enough for that. you're just adding insult to injury by allowing those wonderful stages.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
I remember months ago, Shoryuken people were pushing "All Brawl" to to be how the game should be played. But, Evo is running standard Brawl rules this year, right? I guess they gave All Brawl the boot.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Lava disrupting matches all the time randomly.
so? there is lava on brinstar too.
the lava is not very hazardous considering it's so easy to block.
ok, it's random... and the lava on the sides can give someone and advantage, but both players can use it anyway. it's also not hard to see these hazards coming either, because the stage zooms out a bit and the lava comes at you very slowly.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
so? there is lava on brinstar too.
the lava is not very hazardous considering it's so easy to block.
ok, it's random... and the lava on the sides can give someone and advantage, but both players can use it anyway. it's also not hard to see these hazards coming either, because the stage zooms out a bit and the lava comes at you very slowly.
The acid on Brinstar is far less extreme and the stage holds no surprises due to it being from Melee.

Just to let you know, I agree with the Japanese stage rules and hate almost all counterpicks and think all luck should be removed from play if possible.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
The acid on Brinstar is far less extreme and the stage holds no surprises due to it being from Melee.

Just to let you know, I agree with the Japanese stage rules and hate almost all counterpicks and think all luck should be removed from play if possible.
i know, i was hoping my post would be considered by any other TO. i didn't expect you to be on board with it because you hate fun.
yes, that's right everyone... inui HATES fun. :)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
i know, i was hoping my post would be considered by any other TO. i didn't expect you to be on board with it because you hate fun.
yes, that's right everyone... inui HATES fun. :)
lmao

I hate things not player skill deciding the outcome of matches when money and rankings are on the line.

Kaiber Kop

Smash Master
So thats a no? Im guessing your ignorant here too.
Are you serious? I thought that was an Inui joke bc he gets the same placing all the time(5th in singles I think it was).

I highly doubt it. 9th is meh, and you'd have to have beaten good players.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
LOL no one EVER says anything negative to each other in person but they may say it behind ur back tho to another smasher... but to each other... yea right lol. Obviously saying things about each other while hiding behind the computer monitor is the ideal thing to do.
Keitaro!! You should give me a ride to Seph's smashfest on friday.
And Inui, seriously, calling JFOX a has been or (insert insult here) isn't gonna get you guys the password back any sooner. So unless you're really planning on putting in the extra work to making a completely different thread, i suggest you keep the insulting of the guy with the password to a minimum. It just seems like the smart thing to do imo lol

Top Bottom