• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
I'm aware of that, but what if there's a tie in consistency and head to head sets? Such things do happen.

So why not rely on other tournament placings?

If two players have equal singles placings and accomplishments, then the player that performs better in doubles and/or low tiers is obviously the better player, regardless of someone's biased opinion.

You're suggesting that an opinion is used, while I'm suggestion that more facts are used to determine who deserves to be ranked higher.

I do not understand how they're entirely different.

It's still Super Smash Bros. The winner is determined by skill, and the one with greater skill in these events deserves to be ranked over someone with identical skill in singles.

My logic tells me that someone that does the same in singles but better in both doubles and low tiers is the better player. Care to somehow dispute that or prove that it's not accurate to put the better doubles player higher on the list? I'm basing my decision on facts of the tournament scene, not an opinion.
Because some people who are good in singles may not exactly grasp the concept of doubles or might just dislike it and not care or they may team with a friend instead of someone who's really good or they might not like low tiers or don't practice any low tier characters at all

D

Deleted member

inui if you ever come to something hosted by me, I don't seed brackets.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Because some people who are good in singles may not exactly grasp the concept of doubles or might just dislike it and not care or they may team with a friend instead of someone who's really good or they might not like low tiers or don't practice any low tier characters at all
Which makes them worse overall players. Again, how are you proving me wrong?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Rules for player eligibility:

1. All players must have at least 3 singles tournaments from this season which they have entered in order to even be eligible for the list.

2. All players must have entered 2 in-state tournaments within the season in order to be eligible.

3. Players must be at least a part-time resident of NJ in order to be ranked as an NJ player. If you are a part-time resident, you must spend the majority of your time living in NJ. (For example, those who go to college in NJ but live out of state would be acceptable)

4. You cannot be on the NJ Power Ranking if you are ranked in any other state.

Rules for tournament eligibility:

1. The tournament must provide full results of its player's placings.

Inui look what I foooouuund!

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
The discussion is whether doubles and low tiers could be used as tie breakers.

Lucas I think teams is an unfair circumstance. What if someone isn't as fortunate enough to have a **** partner such as trevor at every tourney, yet does equally to you in Singles? (I'm not considering low tiers because low tiers is boring to think about lol...yes biasm)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The discussion is whether doubles and low tiers could be used as tie breakers.

Lucas I think teams is an unfair circumstance. What if someone isn't as fortunate enough to have a **** partner such as trevor at every tourney, yet does equally to you in Singles? (I'm not considering low tiers because low tiers is boring to think about lol...yes biasm)
How unfortunate for them to not be good enough at doubles to score a good partner!

However, it has already been proven that I will outperform most of NJ when I am with other partners. I have won with Bum, teh_spamerer, ChuDat, ksizzle... I'm overall just better at doubles even without Atomsk.

Low tiers, well, I'm clearly the best in NJ at low tiers with Sonic not in anymore. That is obvious.

Inui look what I foooouuund!
This contradicts me...how?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
This contradicts me...how?
Meh, I thought the fact that it said Singles and not Doubles was the requirement for being on that list.

The Account holder should let everyone know, in the OP, that Low-Tiers and Doubles count.
(Even though I don't believe they should, not everyone is given the luxury to enter every event. Maybe low-tiers could have their own list? It is the same idea as singles, but with crappier characters.)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I am speaking with keitaro and I will help make the new listing and PR with him and we will pick people to help and disregard everyone else.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I am speaking with keitaro and I will help make the new listing and PR with him and we will pick people to help and disregard everyone else.
Absolutely not! You are NY, not NJ.

Keitaro isn't going to just boot me out like this...because he can't. I'm the leader of NJ, not him. He can eat a dick if he thinks he can somehow do this, and so can you.

Edit: I have never proven myself unworthy of being a panelist, I lead the discussions, and I create highly accurate lists consistently.

There is no basis to try and bypass my opinion on the rankings when it always goes along with everyone else's anyways.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
no offense I run tournaments in both and all my tournaments have never had issues and tbqh I am just better than you. I was told to just do what I have to so that NJ can thrive and to get the rankings and info up. I am not discussing this further and once I speak with Keitaro IF we need your help we will ask but trust me we will attempt to keep everything to 2-3 people that will not use other events as a way to move up on a PR list. It is not that serious.

BTW its easy to not have you leader of NJ. Just by not paying mind to you.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Inui you can derelict my balls if you think your Ganon has a chance against my Falcon...lmao seriously though dude I really wanna play your ganon :(

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Why is your name *whatevercolorthatis*, Yes?

I'm with Inui on this one. I just think he needs to less cocky. That kind of attitude lowers the respect you are given by others, maybe that is why **** like this happens? I still think Inui is right though.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
no offense I run tournaments in both and all my tournaments have never had issues and tbqh I am just better than you. I was told to just do what I have to so that NJ can thrive and to get the rankings and info up. I am not discussing this further and once I speak with Keitaro IF we need your help we will ask but trust me we will attempt to keep everything to 2-3 people that will not use other events as a way to move up on a PR list. It is not that serious.

BTW its easy to not have you leader of NJ. Just by not paying mind to you.
Unacceptable.

Get out of my state's business. It's not your problem, and you will not be a panelist for my state.

You and Keitaro aren't deciding anything. You don't decide terms for my state.

Get real.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
*smirks* sorry but evil has to go down sooner or later to the great Sonic the Hedgehog xD

your done:)

Inui

Banned via Warnings
*smirks* sorry but evil has to go down sooner or later to the great Sonic the Hedgehog xD

your done:)
No, fool.

I have no idea why you are trying to do this, but it's not happening.

You are an NY player. You will NOT be part of a panel for this state, nor you will undermine everything I have done for NJ.

You will not call me "evil" for no reason.

Let me guess... You're still mad that I like shota or some crap? Get that crap out of here. Playing some victim card on me isn't going to change me.

Crossing me to this degree comes with its...consequences. Do you still wish to follow through? I have multiple trump cards I can play.

Zucco

Smash Master
haha yeah that's true. I haven't done anything in low tiers really. hopefully ill be able to go to puffs tourney, not sure if Brandon is going to it or not and hes my ride.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
WHAT THE **** IS UP WITH THESE NEW STUPID CREWS LMAO!!

Anyways, about the ranking thing, it's pretty much a one-sided decision by the entire NJ that doubles and low tiers should not count at all. A seperate list could be made, but I think people won't give much of a **** about it, especially compared to how much people give a **** about the normal list. (They give a **** but half people don't know who's ranked what)

Alex Strife, I really appreciate the help you are trying to give but Inui is kinda right by saying you're from NY. But, your help is beneficial to NJ in helping create better rules for rankings, that I don't mind at all. So in a way, nvm Inui aint right lol! <3 Inui.

Your welcome to call me anytime Strife, I lost all my contacts a couple weeks ago but if I get a random phone call I will pick up.

Either way, I'm pretty sure the rankings will be continued in it's normal true format that it's always been done which has been decently acceptable in the NJ smash community.

Top Bottom