• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
It would suck if it is required to be a real crew if that means you must live within 5 miles, suck and just be friends for two years prior.

I'd have never been able to join any crew.

EDIT))It even gets to me a bit when you are told the same thing over and over and still put your hand over your ears and continue to say that. :/

EDIT EDIT)) Chibo, stop trying to make fights guy. :| I used to think you were nice @_@

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
It's impossible to suck in this game, so no 1 would be in a real crew.
Strange, being how people who place low always places low and the good one always place high.

If you suck, you will continue to suck till you get better. It's obvious who is good by seeing the.. blatantly obvious.
Don't say it's easy to not suck, I have seen tons of people when the game first came out in japan that didn't even know how to shake my pikmin off. I'd think it would be common sense, some don't.

Hell, I was the person who taught M2K to attack the pikmin after playing several friendlies and watching him shake out of a 'grab' from my fb.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Lol waltz, it is very easy to not suck in Brawl. I think anyone can be seen as decent if they play a good character, and want to win enough to play very very defensive. I mean your examples about people not knowing simple things like shaking off pikmin, dont make them suck.

Im also assuming when you say suck, you mean how the person would place in a tournament right? I know players who don't know little basic things about smash, but place high or decent. I know players who aren't very good if you took a look at their basic decision making, or ability to read patterns and punish accordingly. Yet, they can do well, why? Because a brain and a nice amount of patience( and a good char) will usually keep you from getting *****, imo.

I guess you would honestly have to define suck for me, because I don't use the term as loosely as others do. When someone sucks, they are extremely easy to beat, and with the right character, and enough patience, its pretty easy to not be extremely easy to beat, get my drift?

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Lol waltz, it is very easy to not suck in Brawl. I think anyone can be seen as decent if they play a good character, and want to win enough to play very very defensive. I mean your examples about people not knowing simple things like shaking off pikmin, dont make them suck.

Im also assuming when you say suck, you mean how the person would place in a tournament right? I know players who don't know little basic things about smash, but place high or decent. I know players who aren't very good if you took a look at their basic decision making, or ability to read patterns and punish accordingly. Yet, they can do well, why? Because a brain and a nice amount of patience( and a good char) will usually keep you from getting *****, imo.

I guess you would honestly have to define suck for me, because I don't use the term as loosely as others do. When someone sucks, they are extremely easy to beat, and with the right character, and enough patience, its pretty easy to not be extremely easy to beat, get my drift?
*clash*HYPER VIPER!!! *clash* HYPER VIPER!!! *clash* HYPER VIPER!!!

MM you pick my character vs your main 5$

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
I'm not i wanna use basic decision making, and my ability to read patterns to punish accordingly

Why do i want to do this? Because i have a nice amount of patience :)

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I still don't get it, if you are disagreeing with what I said, then nothing you said makes any sense at all.

I will mm ur snake with marth for 5 dollars.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
U also were throwing out gaw mms? I will mm ur gaw.
I will also mm ur d3 all marth.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
no mms, didnt like the response. Eazy is not pleased, try harder next time peasant.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
but philly and nj are like close brothers....
or were :ohwell:
That was when we all played a beautiful, incredible game called Super Smash Brothers Melee because it was extremely entertaining and we all cared about becoming better. Tournaments were not held on specific dates to avoid M2K, everyone liked literally everyone everyone else, and people did not have gargantuan egos.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Spam, stop speaking to my greatest inner desires. Recently I've really been considering picking up Melee, but I don't think I could get good by myself, I can't really travel outside of my crew, and no one is near enough to teach me. There's simply TOO much catching up for me to do without having someone better than me to train with, for me to get into melee again. Also, I don't have money for it. If I was good enough, I might share Brawl funds with it, but as it stands now, I can't.

Also, Inui, regarding the things I said about your crew once, I take them back, after actually looking into what I said, and talking to some crew members.

However, I will say a few more things.

I don't think Eazy meant to insult Enemy Controller. He and Spam said something I greatly agreed with, and some I greatly disagree with. I think EC is made up of friends. I also think that EC hunts for power. However, I don't see that as an issue at all.

I do think that your really stupidly huge ego DETRACTS from your crew. I'm not really going to talk about the whole you/Jason/money issue, because IMO that's between you and Jason, and not really a discussion for the boards. However, when people think of EC, they THINK of you, and Atomsk first. tbh, I don't even associate BlackWaltz with EC automatically. This is because you make SOOOOO much noise about it, you OVERSHADOW some of your crewmates.

Before you think I'm trying to insult you or anything, I'll admit to being guilty of the same thing. However, it's actually a real issue in your case, ESPECIALLY due to your aspirations of grandeur. I understand not everyone is a really public person about everything, and some people like you and I are just more social people, but you seriously do need to consider how you portray yourself at time, and there wouldn't be so much stupid stuff to bring up against you.

TBH, I like your spirit. You rep your crew very hard, and that's all good, but the reason why there is such an outlook on your crew is because you unintentionally drown out other players. in your crew.

Also, I know I said I wouldn't talk about this, but there is one slightly related thing I wanted to mention. You say that you don't like bringing Jason to events because you don't like seeing huge pots disappear. Well, that's pretty funny, because there are TONS of people who play with no real shot, or even EXPECTATION of winning money. If there was a tourney that I was planning on going to with ZB, and had a fair shot of winning, and I had the choice of bringing you and Atomsk, or leaving you, I'd bring you ANYWAY, just because you're my friend, even though that would mean losing money from singles and doubles, and I almost NEVER get to make money, despite being an extremely talented player, and you win money all the time. You yourself believe that you and Atomsk are auto-doubles win unless it's vs. M2k, yet you so adamantly want everyone else to enter, and even call me a squander when I decided not to enter an event I was unlikely to win. Tell me, is it really squandering if I'm deciding to bide my money for a more important tournament? Wouldn't throwing it at an event that I couldn't win really be squandering? I should at least spend it at a real tourney, that I've been saving up for, like COT4. Remember how important money is? I don't get to win huge amounts of it at tourneys. I have to save up my mediocre lunch money, and not eat lunch EVER to be able to play Smash. We all make sacrifices. (Excuse me for getting off topic here)

As for you needing the money? Eh, I said this when I got into a fight with Ryoko about the tournament in P.A.. However, I think it was Spam that said, "Well, sorry Pierce but Ryoko needs money too." He was/is right. I am not entitled to money I have not yet won, and the pot should go to the best contestant. The advice of "getting a reliable job to pay for your reliable bills instead of playing an unreliable video game" will ALWAYS be sound advice, regardless of johns. People make it through life, and you're intelligent enough to do it too.

Now, am I saying that you should bring Jason to every tourney despite the fact that it will cost you so much money? Eh, every person is entitled to their own decisions. I don't hold it against you that you don't. It's actually pretty good logic. I'm just saying I personally would take him, because he's my friend.

EDIT: Just to add one last thing, it's true that Enemy Controller tried to recruit me, but I don't think that has very much to do with my skill at all. I consider myself to be very good friends with Inui and Atomsk (and Doom, though he was not a member of the crew at the time), as well as Blue. In fact, we even hung out back when we had free time. We've been out to eat together on a number of occasions, and smashed in a smaller group, and they invite me to hang out frequently, regardless of my crew, skill, etc. Atomsk and I had an EPIC fun car ride during CH4.5, and I would expect him and Inui not to hesitate on asking me a favor ever. BOTH of them have spent money on me several times in the past, and I'm not young nor cute enough to be a sexy shota, so surely that wasn't the incentive. Inui personally invited me to come down for the COT4 weekend. I don't forget, nor ignore any of these acts of kindness, which I think really reach outside the box of just me being a good player. At one point, Inui and I disliked each other, but that point is LONG gone, and he and Atomsk have shown me extreme kindness in the past months, so I consider them very good friends.

So, yes, EC might search for members to bolster their power, but it's quite clearly not the only factor. I also realize this argument (between Inui and Eazy) actually only happened because Inui misunderstood what Eazy was trying to say to BlackWaltz in reply to his statement that he wishes EC wasn't such a powerful crew, so they could crew battle more. Eazy was merely trying to say that since EC tends to recruit most of the available power-hitters, this is unavoidable. Oh, while I'm on that topic btw, I'll mention that I think that the vast majority of OOS crews would crew battle you anyway Waltz, as long as M2k and Spam aren't part of the battle.

Anyway, I gots no beef. I love all of you, so lighten up.

Top Bottom