• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Pierce, glad someone can comprehend rofl!

Keitaro- You are using PT for low tiers now? You switched from Link???? LMAO did mario and cpt Falcon have something to do with that switch!?!!??!

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
im goin straight wario for low tiers man. its gonna b a tough run...especially with grab release warlock punch and grab release rock smash and grab release falcon punch but wario can do it. oh and grab release upsmash against ivysaur. oh and grab release upsmash against shiek and toe against zelda and grab release transformation FROM SHIEK TO ZELDA to the fair. and grab release up-b from luigi and grab release fsmash from ike and grab release fully charged eruption.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I'm going mario and I'm sooooo gunning for pride:)

I expect much more from you DM, now edit that post with something amusing.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
gunning for me? or mario pride? lolol.. If I don't extremley well at low tiers I will be VURY disappointed.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
No pride Im gunning for YOU! lol, I plan on taking you OUT SON!
Oh heelllll no. No secondary is gonna beat me in tournament SIR.. lol. I will be ready.

@ malcom ooohhh heellllllll noo. EFF wolf. Only if its atomsks wolf will i allow it ;P
2-0 verse his tourn wolf .. lolol

Eazy23

Smash Lord
Im gunna have spam give me yoshi practice! Hmm I may also need some advice from the big Boss.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spam, stop speaking to my greatest inner desires. Recently I've really been considering picking up Melee, but I don't think I could get good by myself, I can't really travel outside of my crew, and no one is near enough to teach me. There's simply TOO much catching up for me to do without having someone better than me to train with, for me to get into melee again. Also, I don't have money for it. If I was good enough, I might share Brawl funds with it, but as it stands now, I can't.
:laugh: Sorry Pierce, I wasn't trying to tempt you. I'm just sad that the best days of Melee are gone. It's not dead yet but it just isn't as strong as it used to be. Brawl tournaments have become as shallow compared to Melee ones as the game is compared to Melee. Only some of the smashers make Brawl tournaments tolerable. Melee setups are plagued with combo dummies. I beat someone with exclusively rest(not rest combos, just down b) in under a minute at Blue Battle Circuit. I love Melee but I'd seriously rather play against level 4 CPUs over people that bad. It's fun to play good people but during the tournament either me or the good people are stuck playing Brawl :mad:.

The only matchups I actually enjoy myself in at all are Meta dittos against Jason, Pikachu dittos, Meta vs Lucario, and Sheik/Zelda dittos(<3 these, I forgot to ask Neo for a MM in it). If those were the only 4 matchups I ever had to do I'd love Brawl.

Melee changed my life. I'm not exaggerating.. I would not be the same human being if it hadn't been for Melee. Just a few things off the top of my head here are some things I would have missed

- I would never have met Lord Knight and many, many other cool smashers
- I would never have played Melty Blood
- I would never have had the divine garlic pizza from Neptune
- I would never have had amazing AIM convos with Reik about lasers and have Star Fox 64 quote contests
- I would never have gone to Red Robin
- I would never have been a part of this http://hosted.filefront.com/Gimpyfish62/
- I would never have watched Higurashi
- I would never have read Fate Stay Night

All the wonderful experiences I've had and people I've met due to Melee had an exceptionally positive effect on my life. Now as I'm sure anyone can notice most of those things are just byproducts of going to Melee tournaments and have had little to do with the game. However, the environment at Melee tournaments is exceptionally fun and the attitude that people have towards the game is wonderfully devoid of annoying egos. That is what kept me playing the game. I don't get that same feeling at Brawl tournaments. Instead I feel like my energy is being siphoned away by Brawl. I am one of the campiest players and yet I somehow manage to trip significantly more than anyone else.

PRiDE

Smash Lord

:laugh: Sorry Pierce, I wasn't trying to tempt you. I'm just sad that the best days of Melee are gone. It's not dead yet but it just isn't as strong as it used to be. Brawl tournaments have become as shallow compared to Melee ones as the game is compared to Melee. Only some of the smashers make Brawl tournaments tolerable. Melee setups are plagued with combo dummies. I beat someone with exclusively rest(not rest combos, just down b) in under a minute at Blue Battle Circuit. I love Melee but I'd seriously rather play against level 4 CPUs over people that bad. It's fun to play good people but during the tournament either me or the good people are stuck playing Brawl :mad:.

The only matchups I actually enjoy myself in at all are Meta dittos against Jason, Pikachu dittos, Meta vs Lucario, and Sheik/Zelda dittos(<3 these, I forgot to ask Neo for a MM in it). If those were the only 4 matchups I ever had to do I'd love Brawl.

Melee changed my life. I'm not exaggerating.. I would not be the same human being if it hadn't been for Melee. Just a few things off the top of my head here are some things I would have missed

- I would never have had amazing AIM convos with Reik about lasers and have Star Fox 64 quote contests
- I would never have been a part of this http://hosted.filefront.com/Gimpyfish62/

All the wonderful experiences I've had and people I've met due to Melee had an exceptionally positive effect on my life. Now as I'm sure anyone can notice most of those things are just byproducts of going to Melee tournaments and have had little to do with the game. However, the environment at Melee tournaments is exceptionally fun and the attitude that people have towards the game is wonderfully devoid of annoying egos. That is what kept me playing the game. I don't get that same feeling at Brawl tournaments. Instead I feel like my energy is being siphoned away by Brawl. I am one of the campiest players and yet I somehow manage to trip significantly more than anyone else.
Things never happen the same way twice. Ever.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Diem how much would you sell GNT4 for?

*Huntsforsomeshield*

Edit:

I hate Bleach (?), but I have everyone of thier songs in my ipod......Houki Boshi is good.
I am a bad hater....

Turbo Ether

Smash Master

There's a chance you would have enjoyed Cataclysm4. That tournament was enjoyable and highly spoken of. CoT4 will possibly be even better.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Spam, I gotta agree...Melee changed a lot of things for me, too. O.o I wouldn't have met such cool people or got to try Luigi's, either. I never would have been able to laugh at VaNz or Tec0 when they make funny comments. Never would have met Sensei. I wouldn't have seen such awesome anime I've seen. I probably would have never plays Melty Blood. I wouldn't have met Shakugan. It's POSSIBLE I wouldn't have met Reik or Moo, but that's debatable since we have a mutual friend. I wouldn't have met LK...heck, there's a list that goes on, xD. Scar comes to mind as well.

btw, VaNz, I put up a response to your G & W video....please accept it. ^_^

PRiDE

Smash Lord
u dont love playing against sonic spam? my heart...it hurts.
No offense Malcolm, cause your awesome, but Sonic is the LEAST fun character to play. I feel like I am hitting shield the WHOLE match. It is horrible. Not to mention it usually goes down to the last couple of mins. >_<

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I finally got Okkusenman!! in my I-pod.
Kodomo koro......

Edit:
Anyone interested in teaching me Maylay, I've been playing a lot recently and I want to become really good.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW shutup you are meta. That is all.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
wtf. Lucario has a lower learning curve than Marth.

A) see Aura Sphere/any other projectile
B) Lucario's hitboxes stay out forever
C) Lucario's Fsmash is exactly the type of move you descibed.
D) It's easier to space Lucario's stuff than Marth's. The hitboxes stay out forever. They also have deceptive range.
E) OMG Dair. Once again, one of those moves you described.

I'm not saying that Marth isn't better than Lucario, but I take offensive to the idea that I throw out moves and hope to get lucky, and that Lucario does nothing of the sort. RJ is in my crew, I know it very well.

Also, I'm sad Spam, I have lots of fun trying to stand from the ledge and dsmash you before I get tilted.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
wtf. Lucario has a lower learning curve than Marth.

A) see Aura Sphere/any other projectile
B) Lucario's hitboxes stay out forever
C) Lucario's Fsmash is exactly the type of move you descibed.
D) It's easier to space Lucario's stuff than Marth's. The hitboxes stay out forever. They also have deceptive range.
E) OMG Dair. Once again, one of those moves you described.

I'm not saying that Marth isn't better than Lucario, but I take offensive to the idea that I throw out moves and hope to get lucky, and that Lucario does nothing of the sort. RJ is in my crew, I know it very well.
I don't have a problem with any moves/properties of Lucario you listed. On the other hand, I have been hit by so many ridiculous reverse tippers when I was clearly nowhere near Marth. Marth can up B/counter randomly and get lucky. None of these things happen when I fight Lucario. The existence of dancing blade forces you to not chase after Marth in a lot of scenarios and you can edgeguard Lucario. All of these things result in Lucario being more fun to fight. I have to play a lot simpler and more boring against Marth and hence it is a gay matchup. I'm not saying all Marth has to do is throw out moves disrespectfully and get lucky, I'm saying he *can* throw out moves disrespectfully and he *can* get extremely lucky because of them.

Also, I'm sad Spam, I have lots of fun trying to stand from the ledge and dsmash you before I get tilted.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOL you're sooo gay! :laugh:

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Complete mastery of tippered smashes and shield breaker would be a sight to behold. I now think Marth is potentially top 5.

Top Bottom