• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NJ Finder - Tournament Finder Updated (10/8) See new thread for Brawl Rankings

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Frieza was amazing.

He enslaved races and made them eliminate other species on planets so he could sell them off. He killed anyone that rebelled.

He was just an arrogant, super powerful evil tyrant *******.

DBZ should of ended when Goku killed Frieza.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
Well I mean, DragonBall was supposed to be a parody on Martial Arts manga in general. It was supposed to be cute and funny, as per Akira's previous success of Dr. Slump.

It ended up in the end being the very image of it. The irony.

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
If we're talking about the anime, yeah. You know how they like to stretch out moments in time to make it seem like it lasts forever. In the manga, it probably took less than a minute.

Hell, the "5 minute" fight between Frieza and Goku took... what? How many episodes?

Edit: Yuu Yuu Hakusho wasn't supposed to be a fighting manga either. It just somehow curved into that direction when people liked how Yuusuke was a street brawler, and it just took off.

noodles

Smash Champion
^ thats very true alot of animes tend to do that when its getting good. its to help ensure people would watch the next episode i guess

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
^ thats very true alot of animes tend to do that when its getting good. its to help ensure people would watch the next episode i guess
Actually, one of the reasons why they do this is usually because the Anime is catching up to the Manga, and without the Manga as its source, the Anime can't go on. In order to solve that, they lengthen certain scenes or even add filler scenes so that the artist can progress the manga farther than where the anime is at. That's why there are also Filler Story-arcs.

This is also why nothing ever happens in one Naruto Shippuden episode, thus making it extremely boring to watch.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Raizen from YYH was awesome.

He was like Yusuke 50 years later.
YYH was too ****ing good. I love long *** animes. DBZ was fine. I don't really think it was as gret, nor bad as anyone says. I mean, it's pretty amazing, i just wish it wasn't so **** drawn out.

/looks at bleach.

One Piece is like...the king of filler.

UGH!!!!
I still haven't watched it. /shame

noodles

Smash Champion
Actually, one of the reasons why they do this is usually because the Anime is catching up to the Manga, and without the Manga as its source, the Anime can't go on. In order to solve that, they lengthen certain scenes or even add filler scenes so that the artist can progress the manga farther than where the anime is at. That's why there are also Filler Story-arcs.

This is also why nothing ever happens in one Naruto Shippuden episode, thus making it extremely boring to watch.
ah, makes sense

Warrior of Zarona

変身
BRoomer
I knew YYH in the Philippines as "Ghost Fighter" back in 95. They also renamed all the lead characters.

Yuusuke = Eugene
Kuwabara = Alfred
Kurama = Dennis
Hiei = Vincent

LOL WTF M I RITE

Also, Genkai = Jeremiah. Apparently, they thought she was an old flamboyant male initially. Filipinos are funny.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
YYH is one of the few animes where the anime is actually superior to the manga. Very little filler and the ending was better and went into more detail. It was rushed in the manga version and it wasn't really fleshed out which sucked.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
I usually prefer manga, but YYH is the exception.

Well, that and the Gundam series of course.

I'm actually re-watching Gundam Wing right now.

Got the urge after I unearthed my copy of Gundam Battle Assualt 2 for Playstation. lolz.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
The only Anime i watch is anything NOT Shounen Jump since imo i feel like all there stories have this "Recycled" feeling.

I'm Currently watching:
School Rumble 2nd Term(Characters are so good)
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei (Love that shows music.)
Tengen ToppaGurren Lagaan (Like for the 30th time.)

Reading (Binge Read on Sunday, not all the time):
Mysterious Girlfirend X
Naruto (...)
Ayu Mayu (Keitaro, **** you!)
Change 123 (Like the twist on the main character)
YuYuHakusho (Yeah! Manga>Anime)
One Piece(...)
Thats it i think.....

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Go to onemanga.com for manga and anime4f.com for anime.

Pro tip.

The two major things I'm reading right now are Samurai Deeper Kyo and Eyeshield 21

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Everyone read Hajime No Ippo pleeeeeeze!!

Bitter Virgin at onemanga.com is also really good and perverted in a weird way. It's not perverted like "omg panties" it's perverted like "wow, she's getting *****.....again????" The story is good too.

Cheezit

Smash Ace
keitaro i don't know if everyone can read 800 chapters i know i did and it was long LOL

READ KHR IT IS GREAT!!

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Powerpuff girls were pretty cool but the guy who made them is making like a million shows and stopping it after like 2 years.

It goes in this order:

Dexter's Labortory
Powerpuff Girls
Samurai Jack
Home For Imaginary Friends
Drama Island

I can't believe he decided to make a fake reality show :/

Eazy23

Smash Lord
LOL

<insert racist comment>
I mm'd u just to show u that I cud easily beat your rob. I didn't even need to use marth i used dk. U then beat my dk with meta and beat my toonlink.

we can mm as many times as u wud like next thursday but u will get ur 1 dollar from last week. Dont get ahead of urself tho, seriously.

Edit oops wrong quote. Meant to quote seph lolol

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I beat Vanz in a money match.
I used Olimar, by the way. :U

Also, chrome pirate/wyatt/adhd/AiB

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
After next weekend, Jigglymaster.

You forgot to mention Orion beating you in winners. :p
Falco vs Diddy Kong

thats like, diddy's worst matchup

What was I supposed to do.

He had the CP, so it was either going to be Jiggly vs MK or Diddy vs Falco. His characters countered mine. In the end I still placed higher than him, just like you did with me when I beat you in that Melee tourny.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Be better? Use another character?

btw Tails is cute LOL.
If Tails was in this game I would have mained him.

Just Imagine, Tails would have Sonic's B down and Tails could follow up with a b air which would be him spinning his tails behind him and it would be like G&W's b air. His B up would be Similar to ROB's. He'd have Samus's Charge Shot, Ring Toss for Foward B, same u air, nair, and dsmash as sonic. His f-smash he would use his tails i'm not sure exaclty. His U smash would have a metal robotic punching glove go strait up would act like Olimar's Pikmin throw up(this move is in Sonic Battle). His jabs would be like Diddy kongs 3rd part of the tail attack. He'd punch with his tilts and would have Sonic's d tilt. He'd have all of Sonic's Throws also, but for his U throw instead of using his spikes he would do what Bowser does and would spin his tails above him just like bowser spins his shell.

Eazy23

Smash Lord
I thought the majority of the community wanted the rankings to be done in november?

Top Bottom