• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nintendo vs. Capcom

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
Link to original post: [drupal=4080]Nintendo vs. Capcom[/drupal]

So I've wanted to know how many people are like me and thought of a Super Smash Bros. vs. Capcom game with capcom style fighting controls (like quarter circle forward and the like. Any way if so please let me know the move sets you think so I can get some idea of what you think. Thanks!

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
Both ideas have been read. Dante probably would destroy Mario but hey who knows. Also Capcom characters in SSB would be cool. Do you have a move set that you can share? If so, please share it. Thanks.

link2702

Smash Champion
either style is fine...

just keep sakurai the hell away from the gameplay.

we already saw what he did to lolbrawl...

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Zero~ or Megaman~ that would be awesome. Smash gameplay ftw definitely. Otherwise, it's just like every other fighting game out there.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
You guys do know that it was Sakurai who invented the entire SSB series, right?
So? If the game were made and developed by Capcom, he wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with the gameplay.

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
So? If the game were made and developed by Capcom, he wouldn't necessarily have anything to do with the gameplay.
I was trying to say that all of the Sakurai hate is dumb, and people are stupid for constantly saying "Oh well Brawl didn't live up to my expectations because it wasn't as fast paced as Melee, SAKURAI MUST DIE!" when he made Brawl, Melee and 64. It's like hating a director because he made one decent movie after several great ones.

Sorry if I sounded like I was saying he should be involved in developing the game, which I honestly don't care about.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ He is right.

Besides, outside of competitve-ness, Brawl is fun.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It'd be cool and all, but would just end up being Street Fighter Vs. Pokemon.
Not that I'd complain about that.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Why not do both NintendoxCapcom and CapcomxNintendo, and have both systems? Which pair of developers did that?
This. Definitely this. I would love to see a capcom vs nintendo with both fighting game systems. (Not a hybrid, two separate game modes.)

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
Thats a pretty good idea to put out titles like that. I really like the NintendoxCapcom/CapcomxNintendo idea. Now who should be in them and what move sets. Pesonaly ,on the one that has smash bros. style moves Ryu should have ...

B-Hadoken
B side-EX Mule Kick
B up-Shoryuken
B Down-Hurricane Kick
Final Smash-You can choose beween Shinku Hadoken or Shin Shoryuken.

I'll have some more later so stay tuned.

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
Someone also said Dante so here goes

B-Weapons attack (weapons vary see b down)
B side-Ebony/Ivory
B up-Teleport
B down-weapon switch (Electric Guitar, Ice Gun, Energy Fist, Energy Shooter)
Final smash-Demon Trigger (enhanced attack, speed, jump abilities plus no damage)

I f you can think up other characters or your version of one that's already been posted it would help a lot. Also if you can add on to some already there it would help too. Thanks alot!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why not do both NintendoxCapcom and CapcomxNintendo, and have both systems? Which pair of developers did that?
Assuming you're referring to SFvsTK and TKvsSF, those two series have completely different gameplay that would've been impossible to compromise since one is 3D and the other is 2D.

With Nintendo vs. Capcom, it'd be much easier to create a hybrid engine since both use 2D gameplay, save for Rival Schools and Power Stone.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Assuming you're referring to SFvsTK and TKvsSF, those two series have completely different gameplay that would've been impossible to compromise since one is 3D and the other is 2D.

With Nintendo vs. Capcom, it'd be much easier to create a hybrid engine since both use 2D gameplay, save for Rival Schools and Power Stone.
You are right it would be easy to make a smash-capcom hybrid, however easy to do does not equal good quality gaming. I imagine a hyrbird to be more like stamina mode with a few other changes, personally I think for quality and consistency they should use one system or the other, though I would love to see both as an option in such a game just so long as they are not a hybrid system.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

You are right it would be easy to make a smash-capcom hybrid, however easy to do does not equal good quality gaming. I imagine a hyrbird to be more like stamina mode with a few other changes, personally I think for quality and consistency they should use one system or the other, though I would love to see both as an option in such a game just so long as they are not a hybrid system.
Ever heard of Chu's Dynasty? It's an indie fighter on XBLA which is sorta Smash-ish. Unlike Smash, the game has a life meter and getting KO'd the Smash way reduces the health of the opponent instead of outright killing them. That'd probably be more akin to a Nintendo-Capcom hybrid fighter.

IYM!

Smash Lord
I was trying to say that all of the Sakurai hate is dumb, and people are stupid for constantly saying "Oh well Brawl didn't live up to my expectations because it wasn't as fast paced as Melee, SAKURAI MUST DIE!" when he made Brawl, Melee and 64. It's like hating a director because he made one decent movie after several great ones.

Sorry if I sounded like I was saying he should be involved in developing the game, which I honestly don't care about.
you dont have anything to ask apoligize, your argument are good.

But, the hate than the big part of the Smash comunity fell for Sakurai are for how bad Brawl is if we compare it with the previous 2, Brawl is a good game, is fun, with a long live and with many options to play, but isnt so good as a Smash game.

i am not a Brawl hater, but that game have too many mistaken.

1) An unbalanced roster ( 64 and melee aren so much balance too, but brawl is the most unbalaned)

2)Eliminnation of some clasic moves like L cancel, i dont have problem with it, but with L cancel, the game would be more balanced, i mean, Ganon dont have any chance agains MK, but with Lcancel, Ganon would have more options.

3)the game is slow, even SSB64 is faster and fluid.

4)Triping, this no need explications :p

i have fun playinng brawl, but the previous ones are better, that is why the people hates Sakurai. he forgot his fans, the people to make big the Smash game.

M@v

Subarashii!
Zero in it and I'm happy. Although X needs some serious fighting game love. EVERY other megaman has been in at least 1 fighting game.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
Lol at the person who said keep sakurai away from it. Get off smashboards now.

MasterC

Smash Ace
check the date...that was the original story, before the whole backtracking with 'i thought it was a good idea, but i never said it was going to happen'
d@mn i really thought that was going to happen until i looked into it :/
still, this thread raaaaaaaaaaapes :D

i propose Crono from Chrono Trigger be in it, moveset similar to marth/roy cuz in the game he actually had a bunch of selectable "combos"

he could use these similar to marth/roy by initiating with over-b and manipulating the combo by changing DI/timing xD

i'm too lazy to make the rest of it but you get the idea, and if you haven't played crono trigger peep it on youtube... revolutionary for it's time and if you don't have an SNES layin around or you're too lazy to download the rom/emulator you can pick it up for the DS

MasterC

Smash Ace
hmmm... what about the main character from EarthBound??? lol na jp jp but seriously, should we focus more on NIntendo or Capcom?? Cuz i think they both have really good games (some, not all lol) but idk if i should skew more towards my preferences (Nintendo, all the way lol) or try to branch out... DevilMayCry was good so we could throw Dante in and some of the new additions to MvC3 (Wesker, Amaterasu, Zero, etc...)

but then again Nintendo has such an obscure set of games we could make an epic list of players for Nintendo, thing is, they're def not as serious as Capcom superstars (in general)... so basically it comes down to -- are we trying to create a serious game that players can rep hardcore, or are we trying to create a parallel version of brawl that can be taken seriously but hilariously at the same time?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Someone explain to me the point of threads about games that don't exist, seeing how a thousand of these get made, and I've yet to see one produce something real.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Personally any controller scheme would work for me. As a matter of fact I can't see why there wouldn't be custom controller options along with preset smash/traditional schemes to work off of.

As for character selection we would have to have heroes/villains that can represent both publishers and come together for a coherent story concept. On the Nintendo side characters such as Isaac or Saki Aminaya who have had apocalyptic moments in their games can work well in a story where Andross and Yami try to plunge dimensions/planets into a black hole. Meta Knight, Kirby and Ness would work well along with some obvious Nintendo reps such as Mario, Pikachu Fox and other important characters. Wayne, Zero and Morrigan can fit into this theme followed by Ryu, Dante, VJ and Amaterasu among others.

This concept would be epic but chances are it will never happen so it was nice having some time to imagine with you peeps.

D

Deleted member

If done correctly, would make one of the greatest fighting game of all-time.

Nintendo and Capcom are both fantastic companies with an exceptional history behind them. This has a lot of potential to it, what I would like for them to do is to joint-develop it and make it the best fighting game ever made. It may not happen, but if it does, I would do anything to get it.

As with any other popular fighting games, characters rosters play a great role onto it's quality. This is my wishlist character roster:

*: Unlockable

Nintendo:
1. Mario
2. Luigi*
3. Bowser*
4. Yoshi
5. Donkey Kong
6. Diddy Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda/Sheik
9. Ganondorf*
10. Samus
11. Kirby
12. Meta-Knight*
13. King Dedede*
14. Fox
15. Pikachu
16. Mewtwo*
17. Captain Falcon
18. Ness
19. Marth*
20. Pit
21. Little Mac

Capcom:
1. Ryu
2. Chung-Li
3. M. Bison*
4. Akuma*
5. Mega Man
6. Roll
7. Tron Bonne*
8. Zero*
9. Leon Kennedy
10. Albert Wesker*
11. Morrigan Aensland
12. Arthur
13. Mike Haggar
14. Strider Hiryu*
15. Captain Commando
16. Jin Saotome
17. Batsu
18. Saki Omokane
19. Viewtiful Joe
20. Amaterasu*
21. Frank West

Riot

Smash Rookie
I thought about it for a second and i just thought of a really scary team up for the story line:

Ganon (how many times has this guy died and come back or been banished to another dimension and come back? so clearly he could be one of the main antagonists)

Wesker (maybe? Dont know much but i think this guy would be pretty bad*** to team up with ganondorf)

and if ganon was put into another fighting game they would need to make him seriously overpowered like sentinel is in MvC3

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
@Super Smash Bros. Fan You forgot Jiggly Puff, regardless of the final list the 12 original smash characters, as a way to indirectly have representation of Nintendo's best fighter game.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
As it stands, such a game is non-existent. Some guy (forgot his name) at Capcom merely expressed interest in speaking with Sakurai. So as of right now, a Nintendo/Capcom crossover's merely flights of fancy.

Now, let's say such a game were to be released. They should try making two different versions like they're doing with Street Fighter vs. Tekken; one game have Street Fighter-style gameplay, and another version having Super Smash Bros.-style gameplay.

As for movesets, I guess I'll take a shot a one.

Ryu
------
B: Hadouken (chargable by holding B)
Side B: Joudan Sokutou Geri
Up B: Shoryuken
Down B: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku
Final Smash: Shinku Hadouken

That's all I've got for now.

sooshi shef

Smash Cadet
So my list for Capcom characters that should be in smash bros. is

Ryu (street fighte)
Chun-Li (street fighter)
Dante (Devil May Cry)
Leon Kenedy (Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition)
Zero (Mega Man X)
Grey (Mega Man ZX Advent)
Morrigan Aesland (Dark Stalkers)
Cody (street fighter/Final Fight)
Guy (street fighter/Final Fight)
M.Bison (Street Fighter)
Pheonix Wrighte (Ace Attorney) (I'm dead serious about this one)
Battle Suit (Lost Planet)
Chuck or Chris (Dead Rising)
Amaterasu (Okami)
Akuma (Street Fighter)

If any one can build a move set for them that would be cool. I'm Currently doing the same and I'm even done with an in depth set for Ryu (gotta do the spokesperson first)

Oh and by the way Falconv1.0 this is just for fun so if you don't like it don't visit the thread. People here like to think of what it would be like so please don't spoil this for them.

Top Bottom