• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Diddy

DFEAR

Smash Hero
does it matter? copycat or not still a good diddy. besides were all a little bit of each of us inside. O-o the person who invented GT could of kept it to himself but now everyone does. its all a matter of how you incorporate each technique and make it work. we all have our own unique style of play. and chrome i think ur just as good as any other diddy o-o its just we need u to face m2k for any rep :p

ADHD

Smash Hero
does it matter? copycat or not still a good diddy. besides were all a little bit of each of us inside. O-o the person who invented GT could of kept it to himself but now everyone does. its all a matter of how you incorporate each technique and make it work. we all have our own unique style of play. and chrome i think ur just as good as any other diddy o-o its just we need u to face m2k for any rep :p
I was kidding, and if I was the standard for the average diddy then diddy would be one of the most overused characters in tourneys :) hehe, just kidding

Deez.

Smash Lord
no i doubt he moves up in tier list. hes a good character but not the greatest. if you know the match up well diddy can easily be beaten I should know I'm a diddy main also. and he dies fairly fast and you have to use most of his kill moves to rack up on damage which makes them weaker when trying to kill your opponent so yea diddy is a very good character if the other person doesn't know the match up.

And Ninjalink's diddy is prolly the best out so far then it goes Azens diddy and so on and so on... even though Azen did beat Ninjalink at Ch4.5 but who knows what will happen next time. all I know is my diddy is gettin pretty **** good... and wouldn't mind money matchin in Diddy dittos no less then 5 bux :p

-K thx

ADHD

Smash Hero
no i doubt he moves up in tier list. hes a good character but not the greatest. if you know the match up well diddy can easily be beaten I should know I'm a diddy main also. and he dies fairly fast and you have to use most of his kill moves to rack up on damage which makes them weaker when trying to kill your opponent so yea diddy is a very good character if the other person doesn't know the match up.

And Ninjalink's diddy is prolly the best out so far then it goes Azens diddy and so on and so on... even though Azen did beat Ninjalink at Ch4.5 but who knows what will happen next time. all I know is my diddy is gettin pretty **** good... and wouldn't mind money matchin in Diddy dittos no less then 5 bux :p

-K thx
nope, he's moving up, and... azen is not the second best, maybe he's ONE of the best but there are alot of good diddys just randomly spread everywhere

ADHD

Smash Hero
Then you haven't played Azen before im guessing:laugh:. who would you say is 2nd best in your opinion???
There's thien... hylians going to be known for having a good diddy sometime, advent, game dragon x, and others. I don't know why you would call anyone the second best diddy yet.

Deez.

Smash Lord
Lol you can't just say those ppl are next in line without playing other people... I only said Azen was 2nd best because its fawkin Azen. and hes a very smart player and Alot of top pros agree with me on this.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Lol you can't just say those ppl are next in line without playing other people... I only said Azen was 2nd best because its fawkin Azen. and hes a very smart player and Alot of top pros agree with me on this.
The name doesn't matter :ohwell: How they play the character does...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Azen is to dang smart...

I did three Diddy dittos with him:
Game 1 he was up an entire stock but I ran it back and won somehow
Game 2 he won last stock high percent
Game 3 he won with 2 stock mid percent

He will figure everything you do out incredibly quickly and then use it against you. What he needs to learn though are the tricks-dribbling, using his Up-B, what beats what, etc. I taught him/told him a few things that I hope he will use the next time he plays (Up-Bing into D3, Up-Bing on PS1, dribbling = wavedashing). Essentially if we could all use the basics as good as Azen does we would totally ****, but not everyone can be like Azen (actually, just Azen can be like Azen).

Also did three matches with ChuDat's Kirby
Game 1 I Won with 1 stock low percent (or 2 high percent, forget)
Game 2 he won with 1 stock low percent
Game 3 I won 1 stock 0%

Diddy definitely has an advantage (a pretty decent on) over Kirby.

I also did like about 20 matches with Chillin, him using Snake/Falco/MK, he only two stocked me once and I won maybe 5 or 6 of the matches-every match was mad close. Same story against Atomsk except I only won like 1 match out of 10, with all matches being super close. Neo's Marth I only got to do teams against but there wasn't anything that really caught me off guard once I learned his edge games/when to watch for Up-B. I'd say the match ups versus Snake/Falco/MK/D3/Marth are all super close to even.

Mew2King ***** me (2 stock mid % both games), but if I had the chance to do the match about 10-20 times I think I could improve it substantially-he was just way smarter/better than any MK I've ever played against-every MK is basically garbage in comparison to him (no offense other MK's). One note is that I don't think he gimped me ever (IIRC, its possible he got a mid-percent gimp but I did so many matches its hard to remember).

ADHD

Smash Hero
Azen is to dang smart...

I did three Diddy dittos with him:
Game 1 he was up an entire stock but I ran it back and won somehow
Game 2 he won last stock high percent
Game 3 he won with 2 stock mid percent

He will figure everything you do out incredibly quickly and then use it against you. What he needs to learn though are the tricks-dribbling, using his Up-B, what beats what, etc. I taught him/told him a few things that I hope he will use the next time he plays (Up-Bing into D3, Up-Bing on PS1, dribbling = wavedashing).

Also did three matches with ChuDat's Kirby
Game 1 I Won with 1 stock low percent (or 2 high percent, forget)
Game 2 he won with 1 stock low percent
Game 3 I won 1 stock 0%

Diddy definitely has an advantage (a pretty decent on) over Kirby.
I find kirby to be one of diddy's worst matchups XD atomsk's kirby was tough

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't know an exact ratio (I always hate giving ratios), but its basically like fighting a D3 who dies earlier and doesn't have as good of a projectile.

ChuDat also telegraphs what he is about to do, but you only know that if you've been playing him as long as I have-then again, I had never played against his Kirby until last weekend.

Just know to:
-Look out for getting sucked up
-Look out for Bairs > Forward B
-Look out for F-Smash over 100%
-Look out for D-air spike
-Don't get grabbed at less than 30%, if you do DI away and jump/Diddy hump away, do not air dodge

To get around Kirby edge guarding just recover high most of the time. To avoid getting grabbed just play a tight banana game. Everything else just play like you are fighting D3.

What makes Kirby different from D3 if you think about it?

ADHD

Smash Hero
kirby dies at decent percentages, kirby is so much harder to camp, kirby can stay in the air much better and has better mobility, kirby can't gimp as well as d3 against diddy.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Meh, I don't know, maybe it is just how I play, but I don't think I've ever lost to a Kirby in a set, both in tournament, friendlies, and online.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Meh, I don't know, maybe it is just how I play, but I don't think I've ever lost to a Kirby in a set, both in tournament, friendlies, and online.
I've never lost to a game and watch in a set, friendlies, or online either but others say g&w has the advantage.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Can we take the Kirby discussion to....oh I don't know...the match-up thread regarding Kirby and out of NLs thread...?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I actually find diddy easy to gimp at low percents with WOP (using kirby) but that's just me....i actually find him easy to gimp period >_>

Yea kirby can stay in the air to help avoid some naners, other than that i see it as a pretty even matchup.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I actually find diddy easy to gimp at low percents with WOP (using kirby) but that's just me....i actually find him easy to gimp period >_>

Yea kirby can stay in the air to help avoid some naners, other than that i see it as a pretty even matchup.
you shouldn't be having an easy time gimping diddy unless its a bad one >_<

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Seems alot of posting happened when i was away. I told a certain someone before that i blanked out when i was fighting azen 3rd round. If i stayed Rob i might have won but i switched to diddy and completely forgot how to use him. I was playin diddy like rob. Its over now so whatever.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
lol, **** happens sometimes.

I tried to play Marth against GnW in a tournament once and got put out. Shoulda stayed Diddy :(

Top Bottom