• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NinjaLink's Diddy

Beetle Juice

Smash Journeyman
oo yea but i think its been like a week or two i came in 5th place i lost to bum at winners then snakeee at losers. I've seen you play before your diddy is real good and i believe i was next to you that time when you was talking about mask's diddy when he was playing.

anyways i don't think i will be able to enter the next tourny because i'm broke and i'm going to a job interview, johns or no johns is still the truth =)

by the way i would like to play your diddy when i go there next time i main falco because he is a sexy bird with bread lol.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Jesus at 0:19-0:20 you were fast with those bananas. My eyes couldnt keep up with Diddy. Were you jump canceling glide tossing? Also how did you manage to grab so quickly at like the startup when diddy was running. You had a really good DI when pikachu did that D smash on you. Sick just plain sick

IDK

Smash Lord
wow... our diddies are... identical. like i do everything the way you do. start the match that way and everything. i could tell what you were about to do just by the way i play diddy.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Do you recommend me learning the drilbbling? I'm considering dropping all my mains for diddy, since he is the most fun to play.

Do you always have an aggressive playstyle like this? Or only on characters you feel you can?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Do you recommend me learning the drilbbling? I'm considering dropping all my mains for diddy, since he is the most fun to play.

Do you always have an aggressive playstyle like this? Or only on characters you feel you can?
I usually go super aggresive unless its certain chars.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
That Pikachu didn't know what the heck it was doing, no QAC, no tilts, nothing!

It's either that or it didn't know how to fight against a Diddy at all.

In anycase, very nice Diddy. I like the idea of throwing the opponent towards the bananas to set up another combo. Good job 5 stars.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea i kno. its REALLY hard to land. the last hit of the dash attack has to connect or it wont work.

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
no way that's a wifi match lol, nice diddy, how did you do that thing with the glide toss down throw and you were only doing it with one nanner from what i saw, but very fast and first stock owned, you used the pop gun very well

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
nice practical use of the double dribble. i usually only see that used to show off inbetween stocks

i hope to see you at CH4 :chuckle:

...if i can find a ride/housing :urg:

saberhof

Smash Master
no way that's a wifi match lol, nice diddy, how did you do that thing with the glide toss down throw and you were only doing it with one nanner from what i saw, but very fast and first stock owned, you used the pop gun very well
if you glide toss down while going backwards, you can grab your banana again after the "glide" ends :D...

and btw nice diddy, i always try to be that agressive but everyone i play rolls away, jumps out of the way or avoids anything i do >.>..

but yeah very nice diddy, with the double dribble and driblingg, that was sick..

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
As i said i used the dribble NOT to showoff. Whats WRONG with u ppl LMAO.

Hey its Emmy ^_^

To diddykingsnaners, i had a whole bunch of tutorial diddy vids on smashboards. Guess u didnt see it:-P
You can do it with one 'nana. Also u can have the double dribble effect if u pivot the toss as i did in the vid but another 'nana was there so no point lol. and YES its a wifi match LMAO

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I like.

I might use this to show off speed in Brawl to people, like that Japanese match between Fox/Falco.

Main things I see you do that I don't: single nana dribble, grabs after nana instead of another nana/dash attack, overall more aggressive (I prefer being passive then switching to aggressive after a nana hits so I can push the advantage).

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I like.

I might use this to show off speed in Brawl to people, like that Japanese match between Fox/Falco.

Main things I see you do that I don't: single nana dribble, grabs after nana instead of another nana/dash attack, overall more aggressive (I prefer being passive then switching to aggressive after a nana hits so I can push the advantage).
1. ninja, i said nice practical use of it. i said i usually see double dribble as showing off, but you weren't in the video

2. i play more along the lines of what AZ said (bolded above), since alot of players will just shield grab you or out-prioritize your shield grab if you get too aggro.

3. have you ever played against m2k, since you two seem to be in the same tourneys. How did that go?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I never fought him in tourney just friendlys. He didnt kno what to do against diddy. N4n3rz explained that he does it to show off. I think he did it in one vid. Dont worry i didnt mean anything by it. I know what u meant lol. Dont hurt me >_<

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I never fought him in tourney just friendlys. He didnt kno what to do against diddy. N4n3rz explained that he does it to show off. I think he did it in one vid. Dont worry i didnt mean anything by it. I know what u meant lol. Dont hurt me >_<
Hey man. 2 of the top Diddys are named Ninja. What are we going to do?

Count

Smash Champion
Is he saying himself!?!? Of course the pikachu wasn't amazing, but that doesn't take anything away from Ninjalink's Diddy, which WAS amazing. Put more matches up when you get a chance, that goes to all you guys I enjoy watching other diddies in action.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I've been working on dribbling a lot recently, it really can give you a wavedashing look/effect/fake outs/spacing.

Skarmbliss

Smash Cadet
Im still having a tough time Single Dribbling but Double Dribbling just seems more effective to me for some reason. I mean if you keep double dribbling, you glide toss back then glide toss foward at the player. The timing needs to be right in order for it to work but it works wonders for me though.

I still dont understand the timing of single dribbling or really understand why single dribbling is good.

Top Bottom