• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So I assume thrashing thoughts will have a lot of different text to appear at random? Since the pic says "mondays" but the video says "lasagna". I wonder if there'll be any RNG properties to the text - I hope not, it'd be pretty tricky for dyslexic or foreign players.
My guess is it'll just show a random word for flavor. The datamined move descriptions only mentions the pies having different properties iirc. I'm gonna guess the thought bubble will be the same size no matter the word inside.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I don't think anyone is suggesting she's blacklisted by the devs or not going to get into the game long-term, but just thinking that could be the "funny" thing that resulted in her missing the boat the first time... Though if it's something unguessable, it could be as simple as "They were considering her for Fighter 21 and then Game Mill came down from on high offering Garfield and everyone burst out laughing too hard at the fighting game Garfield potential."
It still sounded dumb to act like it had any validity when Ren and Stimpy reference the show in which to my understanding, they had sex. I don't know what the reason would be if it was funny, but it certainly isn't that

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Not Necessarily, They usually get another season or two with said seasons getting burned into their sister network
3 Seasons(Breadwinners, Sanjay & Craig, and Kung Fu Panda)
2 Seasons(Welcome to the Wayne, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Harvey Beaks, and It's Pony)
1 Season(Bunsen is a Beast and Robot & Monster)
Admittedly I was exaggerating, but still, modern Nick has a huge issue of shooing out new shows on their main network in favor of rerunning what's a guaranteed success. In the case of the Dreamworks Nicktoons, however, it just became too expensive to keep paying Dreamworks to produce cartoons of their movies, especially with Universal buying them.

It's really bad on the Pluto TV version of Nick, where the only way to see anything that isn't The Thundermans/Spongebob/The Fairly Oddparents/Henry Danger is to wait for their Flashback Fridays.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Admittedly I was exaggerating, but still, modern Nick has a huge issue of shooing out new shows on their main network in favor of rerunning what's a guaranteed success. In the case of the Dreamworks Nicktoons, however, it just became too expensive to keep paying Dreamworks to produce cartoons of their movies, especially with Universal buying them.

It's really bad on the Pluto TV version of Nick, where the only way to see anything that isn't The Thundermans/Spongebob/The Fairly Oddparents/Henry Danger is to wait for their Flashback Fridays.
Yikes, that's rough

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the record, I don't really expect the Dreamworks characters that much. They'd be neat, but not strictly must-have for Nick fighter stuff.

That being said...

In terms of 2000s Nick reps, Jenny should definitely be in. Catscratch would have also really benefited the roster. Jorgon (Fairy Odd Parents) should be in. Korra should have a 2nd rep, Mako or Bolin.
The Cramdilly cats definitely seem like a pick that Ludosity would fight for, regarding DLC. I'd be all for them.

Sure, why not.

At this point, some of the emoji are reaching a new level of meta and specific to server tastes and in-jokes... A lot of the live-action emotes have also been going away because they aren't as fun.

Also, here's Rep on the character trailers being... what they are.

View attachment 339820
View attachment 339821

Interesting phrasing here of "If GameMill" and not "If Ludosity"...
Nice updated selection.

Yeah, GM clearly never ran into this kind of situation before. I imagine that they'll seek out talented dev companies more often from this point onwards.

It still sounded dumb to act like it had any validity when Ren and Stimpy reference the show in which to my understanding, they had sex. I don't know what the reason would be if it was funny, but it certainly isn't that
At the end of the day, it's just one of those mysterious things that we'll never know about for sure (assuming they don't say anything about her potential reveal if it happens). It's best to just not dwell on it.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I mean, in this hypothetical, it wouldn't actually matter if it's fair or logically consistent to associate Jenny with the website that recently ruined Ankha, but just that it happened to be an association someone involved with making decisions had.

But, yeah, the game definitely has representation from characters with way ****tier fandoms then the MLAATR robot fandom, which is largely made up of trans people and neurodivergent people who relate to Jenny's character arc. Which really speaks a lot to the quality of the show, as most media from the 2000s didn't exactly treat characters who were trans-coded* or disability-coded with much respect, care, or nuance.

*I am aware that Jenny was not intentionally written to be trans, but they did still intentionally write stuff like the episode where she gets infected with a virus that makes her go through a masculine version of puberty and needs to receive treatment that undoes that puberty in order to live life as herself again...

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I have a gut feeling Garfield is launching tomorrow for Switch and GameMill either were out of the loop and assumed he's coming later, or put the date as a failsafe in case Nintendo get... Nintendo-ey... at the last second, though yet again that's just a gut feeling so don't take it as fact.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I have a gut feeling Garfield is launching tomorrow for Switch and GameMill either were out of the loop and assumed he's coming later, or put the date as a failsafe in case Nintendo get... Nintendo-ey... at the last second, though yet again that's just a gut feeling so don't take it as fact.
Youre more optimistic than me, I'm worried Nintendo will get very Nintendo-ey and us Switch owners don't get Garfield until January.

It probably won't be that bad, but it's tempting to buy the game on Steam or something so I'm not constantly behind everyone else.

On a more positive note, I could hardly imagine a more perfect moveset for Garfield. There are SO many references! I lost it at the tapdancing looking right out of those comics where he performs on a fence.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, I don't know if it's both the alts and Garfield or just the alts (and considering my left Joy-Con is currently in repair, it may be a few days until I can check), but there is an update of some sort out right now on the Switch, so I guess we'll see.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Well, I don't know if it's both the alts and Garfield or just the alts (and considering my left Joy-Con is currently in repair, it may be a few days until I can check), but there is an update of some sort out right now on the Switch, so I guess we'll see.
Apparantly it's just alts, considering they said Garfield would come later on the Switch version I'm inclined to believe that

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Really?! That's awesome!

...Though it does make me now question why the trailer said he was coming to the Switch in December without an actual date if he was just going to come out alongside the other platforms?

amageish

Smash Master
Really?! That's awesome!

...Though it does make me now question why the trailer said he was coming to the Switch in December without an actual date if he was just going to come out alongside the other platforms?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Game Mill made the trailer while Fair Play Labs was the contact people for Nintendo, so some memos didn't get across in time...

Warning: the CSS is ugly now.
Yeah, uh, I do not love this and will not be a happy camper until we get 2 more DLC characters...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Game Mill made the trailer while Fair Play Labs was the contact people for Nintendo, so some memos didn't get across in time...

Yeah, uh, I do not love this and will not be a happy camper until we get 2 more DLC characters...
...Uh oh. What does it look like?

amageish

Smash Master
...Uh oh. What does it look like?
FGJVZk6UYAIZy-T.jpg

It looks very... odd shaped.

It also looks like a few general visual improvements for other characters have come either with Garfield or with the alts patch. Or, at least, some of Toph's rock attacks now use darker-textured rocks...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 339895

It also looks like a few general visual improvements for other characters have come either with Garfield or with the alts patch. Or, at least, some of Toph's rock attacks now use darker-textured rocks...
Eh, not the worst thing to fix. All they need to do is push the bottom row one column over, Nigel is below Mikey, Random is below CatDog.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 339895

...Eh, it doesn't really look that bad, honestly. I also really like Garfield's render by the way.

amageish

Smash Master
Ooooo, visual improvements? Where?
I think the textures on all the character models have been modified slightly. It doesn't look like any animations have been improved thus far (though they may have; I was playing in handheld so I haven't seen it in its full glory), but the shading on everyone is generally nicer, especially with stuff like Powdered Toast Man's bulging muscles.

Garfield's run animation is killing me, all the work that went into this character is so good.
Definitely a sign of how good the game could look in a few months as the game gets more time for polish!

Top Bottom