• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Maybe it's me, but it's oddly coincidental how Garf's release for Switch got held back until the day of the Awards. I was actually expecting next week.

Not that I mind, Garf's moveset is the most creative we've had so far. I can't help but love the fact that his love for food has been weaponized.

On a sour note, one of my gamer workmates transferred to a different library, but is on vacation for two weeks, so I can't tell her about Garf. Got Abu Dhabied...

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well ive gone and ordered myself a copy, despite the fact that i find catdog and ren and stimpy more nightmareish than anything ive ever seen in video games and tv sci-fi

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So despite downloading the update, I still can't play as Garfield because my left Joy-Con is still in repairs, but I did watch Garfield's showcase, and he still looks pretty fun!

I liked how cartoony a lot of his moves are, and the Pooky special worked as I remembered it being described and looks like it'll be fun to play around with! Although I wasn't expecting the Pie special to have slightly unique properties depending on the pie thrown, so that's a neat little touch! I also love both his taunt and his victory animation!

Overall, Garfield looks like a great addition to the roster, and I'm itching to try him out!

And I'm also really happy that for once the Switch users got to enjoy the new addition at the same time as the other platforms!

FazDude

Smash Master
So I assume this was taken from the data for the Garfield update?

Also, aside from the obvious Statue of Liberty, can someone more familiar with Ninja Turtles tell me if this is based on anything specific from them?
I think it might be a stage from Turtles in Time, a TMNT arcade game; Exactly what the stage was called escapes me.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A reference to his boss fight in Turtles in Time by any chance, given the TMNT video game references its reps have in their movesets?
Given that the NASB stage themes for the TMNT characters are very Genesis-y, I'd say there's a 100% chance on that, chief.

I think it might be a stage from Turtles in Time, a TMNT arcade game; Exactly what the stage was called escapes me.
The Final Shell-Shock.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So real quick, I've been hearing about these apparent issues with the game that resulted from the Garfield update (such as GIR apparently no longer turning around when attacked, or Leonardo's Up Special no longer showing the animation for it and instead using the Neutral Air), and I was wondering if anyone can confirm this?

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
When I first saw that potentially leaked stage, I looked up some possible ideas for what it was referring to. During my search, I came across this official image from the classic show, when Shredder traveled into the future to become a crime lord.
3B60C9F5-85EA-41E9-8EB8-D70166D66744.jpeg

I know that stage leak was fake, but what if Shredder’s stage was based somewhere in an alternative timeline or universe where he won? We already have some of the most common locations in the show: sewer, rooftops, and Technodrome. It would definitely be thinking outside the box and perfectly fit for Shredder.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Rep also "confirmed" the Garfield leak was fake lmao

Obviously they'd want to keep this stuff under wraps
I mean, the claimed origin of the image is from datamining and yet no other dataminer can find it... and also a flat 2D image of a stage wouldn't line up with the ways that Garfield's stage and the Double Dare stage was leaked... Seems pretty deconfirmed to me.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I mean, the claimed origin of the image is from datamining and yet no other dataminer can find it... and also a flat 2D image of a stage wouldn't line up with the ways that Garfield's stage and the Double Dare stage was leaked... Seems pretty deconfirmed to me.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing the validity of the image, I thought it was fake from the beginning lmao, I'm just saying that you can't take Rep's words on leaks at face value

LimeTH

Smash Lord
As far as I'm aware, the person who made the Shredder stage image has come out and said it was fake. Combine that with the fact that no one seems to be able to find it in the game's files where it was supposedly mined from, and I'd say this one's pretty definitively deconfirmed.
But... didn't the same thing happen with the Toph leak and that wound up being real too?

I'd believe it's not real on the evidence no one else can find it, which makes the most sense, but still, someone coming out and saying "it's fake" has historically been an untrustworthy thing to hear.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
But... didn't the same thing happen with the Toph leak and that wound up being real too?

I'd believe it's not real on the evidence no one else can find it, which makes the most sense, but still, someone coming out and saying "it's fake" has historically been an untrustworthy thing to hear.
The Toph leak actually made the devs freak out and nuke the spec chat.

Last edited by a moderator:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Well seems Shredder's Stage is off the table for now, Might as well wait up or try to discuss about something in the coming months.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Yes, but the fact that no one can find this image in the files immediately makes the claim from the faker more believable. Combine that with the fact that the Toph leak would've been near impossible to fake given what we had at the time and it clearly had the devs up in arms, and it's not really a comparable situation.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well its a fun little game, not particularly loaded with content but is suppose thats to be expecting from a game not sold at standard price for games on the system. though there was a time where that was the standard price for games. but it is fun to play even though im unfamiliar with most of the characters. took me a while to work out where the recovery moves were embarrassingly. garfield's moveset is amazing with plenty of references i get all to well. i do have some quibbles over minor things in the game but it has made me more open to other smash clones like multiversus. although i have some issues with that as well.

Top Bottom