• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

Quote from dev.
YOOOOO YES YES YES YES YES
YES YES YES YES YES
IF THEY'RE ABOUT TO ADD CROSSPLAY AND VOICE ACTING TO THIS GAME WITHIN THE SAME YEAR MY BODY IS GOING TO EXPLODE
YOU WILL NOT HEAR FROM ME AGAIN
NASB CHADS ARE GONNA BE WINNING AS HELL NEXT YEAR, MARK MY WORDS
reptar.gif

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Thaddeus asked Hbox what he would want the most changed in the game, and Hbox said better netcode.

Thaddeus says his wish was granted.

Implying that Timmy might be coming, cause Hbox asked the question about "what would you change in the game" to Hbox in a sly Oddparent way. 👀

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, it's really cool to hear that both the second free DLC fighter as well as the (presumably non-free) DLC fighters and stages are being worked on right now. As pointed out, this feels nice after that stupid reveal with the Apple tennis game.

Not really sure if I'd say we're getting voice-acting (I don't want to get my hopes up), but I am curious what feature they're talking about.

Speaking of free DLC characters, though, as for me, I spent a good deal of time playing with Garfield today, and I really love how he plays; his attacks are goofy as heck, the pies are useful projectile attacks, and Pooky is really fun to either set up combos or get an opponent off your back (even if it's a tad tricky to use). Garfield in general feels really fun, and I also enjoy his stage both for its simplicity and visual design.

So yeah, if this is any indication, this game's DLC is gonna be FUN!

Side note: Is it just me or do the character models look slightly different/better in the Garfield stage? Is it because of the lighting?

Side note 2: I've noticed some of the odd things that've been going on in the game (particularly with Sandy and Leonardo), so hopefully the latest patch that fixes things will be released on consoles soon-ish.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Cross-play + VO would be amazing. Hopefully that is what is happening!

Idk if I'd read that much into the comments about wishes, but Timmy being the start of DLC would make a lot of sense. It seems like him, Rocko, Jenny, or Jimmy would be the best possible first impression...

The update also indicates that Nick has confirmed at least part of the DLC line-up with them too, so woooooooooooooooo.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Cross-play + VO would be amazing. Hopefully that is what is happening!

Idk if I'd read that much into the comments about wishes, but Timmy being the start of DLC would make a lot of sense. It seems like him, Rocko, Jenny, or Jimmy would be the best possible first impression...

The update also indicates that Nick has confirmed at least part of the DLC line-up with them too, so woooooooooooooooo.
Timmy has massive legal issues holding him back. They would have to make him US-exclusive.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
By the way, not only the Tennis game have original skins and story dialogues, but it also have actual voice acting. Reddit link. It's a bit hard to hear but characters do grunts when they shot.

This is genuinely sad for Ludosity. I really don't understand what's on Nick mind with this.

amageish

Smash Master
1639636397463.png

I mean, maybe the tennis game was a blessing in disguise, as it seems like the backlash to how it had more freedom/budget then NASB did has resulted in Nick approving some stuff that was being teased today...

Though I also think Rep may be using the table tennis paddle as a general indication that it was fan backlash that caused Nick to approve more things, as idk if they'd be teasing VO if it was literally just approved yesterday.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 340432

I mean, maybe the tennis game was a blessing in disguise, as it seems like the backlash to how it had more freedom/budget then NASB did has resulted in Nick approving some stuff that was being teased today...

Though I also think Rep may be using the table tennis paddle as a general indication that it was fan backlash that caused Nick to approve more things, as idk if they'd be teasing VO if it was literally just approved yesterday.
I don't think backlash from the tennis thing is even possible as that was only what, 2 days ago?

amageish

Smash Master
I don't think backlash from the tennis thing is even possible as that was only what, 2 days ago?
Yeah, that's why I'm unsure what Rep meant by the table tennis emoji. Maybe Nick has now also greenlit non-canon costumes, as that was the particular sticking point people had before the VO was discovered? Who knows... I guess we'll see in the coming months.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Timmy has massive legal issues holding him back. They would have to make him US-exclusive.
They could just...you know...pay the licensing fees to make him available worldwide, which the cost of having to pay for DLC would make up for.

Anyway, while we were talking about who'd voice Garfield, I myself was wondering, who'd voice Shredder? James Avery is obviously dead, and so is his VA from the Red Sky seasons, who stopped doing VA work after 2002 anyway. The obvious choice might be Kevin Michael Richardson due to the 2012 series, but Shredder's BTVA page shows tons of other decent options as well if he's not available.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
They could just...you know...pay the licensing fees to make him available worldwide, which the cost of having to pay for DLC would make up for.

Anyway, while we were talking about who'd voice Garfield, I myself was wondering, who'd voice Shredder? James Avery is obviously dead, and so is his VA from the Red Sky seasons, who stopped doing VA work after 2002 anyway. The obvious choice might be Kevin Michael Richardson due to the 2012 series, but Shredder's BTVA page shows tons of other decent options as well if he's not available.
archive audio?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I just got off of a game where I was playing as Michelangelo and the AI had randomly selected Mikey as well, so I decided to give his alt a try so I could tell which one was me, and can I just say that Mikey's alt (and by extension Leo's) is probably one of (if not the) best alts in the game?

Like, it looks cool in-game, it's a nice nod to the original comic that debuted the Turtles, and above all else, it's visually distinct enough from the default look to where you could glance at it and tell which was you.

This REALLY makes me wish Nick wasn't so stupidly overprotective of their properties!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

They might not have the money to do so, considering that the vast majority of the post-launch budget is going towards implementing crossplay and voice acting.

amageish

Smash Master
I wonder if the Ludosity team knew about Extreme Tennis before reveal? Nick crossover devs having info on other teams' games would line up with Lucy supposedly being a hard sell to Nick despite also being in Kart Racers 2.
Rep at least seemed genuinely baffled at its announcement/shadowdrop, so I don't think they would have that info... I don't know why Lucy Loud was a hard sell for this game though.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The problem is, the main issue I have with Toph...is something that's both by design and fits with her being an Earthbender: her aerials kind of aren't great, which makes her feel kind of limited compared to the other fighters and puts her at more of a disadvantage. The fact that characters drop like rocks when in a tumble state really doesn't help, either.

So I honestly don't know what to suggest without drastically altering the design.

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
this is very exciting news. We have lots of stuff to look forward too in the new future. Since we are getting close to our first paid dlc i wanted to make my wishlist. So i do believe we will get either 6 or 7 characters. Here is my prediction:Jenny,Timmy,Jimmy, El Tigre,Squidward,Zuko and maybe otis.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
this is very exciting news. We have lots of stuff to look forward too in the new future. Since we are getting close to our first paid dlc i wanted to make my wishlist. So i do believe we will get either 6 or 7 characters. Here is my prediction:Jenny,Timmy,Jimmy, El Tigre,Squidward,Zuko and maybe otis.
I think that we are getting a much smaller amount of DLC characters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
At this point, literally all I'm asking for in terms of characters is Jenny; after that, you can do whatever you want.

Heck, I'd say her and Jimmy Neutron are probably the most likely for DLC.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Kevin Michael Richardson also did the voice for 80’s Shredder in the 2012 series.
That's why I said he might be the most obvious choice.

Alternatively, if Jim Cummings is coming back to voice Cat, he could stay to voice Shredder as well, since he was one of the 87 cartoon's backup Shredders in case James Avery was too busy being Uncle Phil or something. The other half of CatDog would be a two-birds-with-one-stone thing too, as Tom Kenny voiced Dog and even let hints of SpongeBob into Dog's voice in later CatDog episodes.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
All I'm gonna ask for is Daggett. I'd still very much prefer him and Norb as separate characters, but if it had to be only one, I'd definitely pick Daggy.

You have an opportunity to give suggestions about improving Toph from the fair play dev Deusmoon:

I didn't have much in the way of technical stuff to suggest, but I did mention her and Aang are too small compared to everyone else.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I'd be really disappointed if we didn't get any more 90s characters in the DLC.
I'm definitely expecting Rocko at some point, considering he's been appearing in a lot of Nick crossover **** lately and one of the devs straight-up said they'd do whatever they could to get Rocko in this game.
Personally, I'm already more than satisfied with Mr. Field, so I'm just sitting back and watching the fireworks at this point. As far as who I'm expecting, Jenny, Rocko, Jimmy, Timmy, and Squidward/Mr. Krabs all feel like really obvious choices to me, and if the devs decide to spring on a fourth Avatar character, Zuko is right there. Anyone else after that is firmly in "it's possible" territory IMO; Snap from Chalkzone could happen given how oddly vocal that show's fanbase is, El Tigre's in a similar situation where he's highly requested despite not being from a popular show like Avatar or MLAATR, Daggett/Norbert could happen if someone on the team really likes Angry Beavers (there's quite a bit of 90's nostalgia in the devs' blood already from what we've seen, so that might not be a far shot), and if they feel like diving into some weird territory, there's Otis. Of course, these are the people who decided to put Powdered Toast Man in their fighting game, so it'd be foolish not to expect some oddball choices out of them - we could see Mermaid Man as the fourth SpongeBob character, for all we know.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
what about 2010's characters?
(Like Miko, Annie and Pony, more modern characters even though fans don't want that)
On the contrary, I think lots of people are open to Miko. Glitch Techs got pretty popular amongst the cartoon fandom (partially because of all of the, ahem, g a m e r references)

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Do you mean "Sandy Cheeks"?

And I haven't really noticed anything too OP about her (at least, after they fixed her neutral light attack).
oh. youll have to excuse me i havent seen spongebob in a very long time. wonder where i got acorn from

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
oh. youll have to excuse me i havent seen spongebob in a very long time. wonder where i got acorn from
I was assuming by "acorn" you meant her acorn move was OP, not the character.

Top Bottom