• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Saw this codename "leak" posted on Gamefaqs

Can anyone verify its authenticity?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/325769-nickelodeon-all-star-brawl/79652482#1
If it is true, I'll be happy because of seperate R&S. Tourist? I dunno. If Nigel wasn't already confirmed I'd assume a Thornberrys rep. Rocko was an immigrant, not a tourist, so if it were true I doubt it'd be him. Perhaps Dora to open that old wound? Pigeon Man became a tourist in The Jungle Movie, but I feel that's a stretch.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Saw this codename "leak" posted on Gamefaqs

Can anyone verify its authenticity?

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/325769-nickelodeon-all-star-brawl/79652482#1
Just looked at the page source, the CSS file, the JS file, and various WordPress uploads. None of these appear. It's clear they just copied what's there for Spongebob, etc, and changed the codenames. Even if they were there they would be commented out, which the code in the imgur album clearly isn't. It's also telling they only include snippets - because any of the legitimate code surrounding these fake "leaks" would clearly show that it's all BS.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Scorching take: I find NASB more aesthetically pleasing than SSBU. The colours pop off the screen just like SpongeBob Rehydrated beforehand, it's absolutely amazing. I especially like the pre-battle screen. There's also a way better balance with background elements than Smash, Smash stages are usually either no background animation or way too much background animation - Nick Brawl has that perfect mix with characters prancing around in the background, doing more than just standing and cheering.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
A Disney platform fighter either including or based entirely around their animated TV shows.

I wanna see Luz Noceda fighting Lena from the DuckTales reboot at the Mystery Shack.
I would moreso see Luz Vs. Anne with Sprig for any sort of matchup idea.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
View attachment 329756
this is what I'm currently thinking as far as who's left for base, thoughts?
View attachment 329757
and using that chart this is what I'm going with
I'm still gonna say the Beavers are plenty likely on their own, even if we only wind up with one of them for now. If Ren and Stimpy are a duo, then why repeat that gimmick? Even if Ren and Stimpy wind up separate, that's still precident that duo fighters aren't a sure thing.

If we can have two separate turtles with people clamoring for two more, then we can have two damn beavers.

Shantae & WayForward
This is one I've been wanting to see a lot. They could do their own version of SNK Gals, but it's a Platform Fighter.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm still gonna say the Beavers are plenty likely on their own, even if we only wind up with one of them for now. If Ren and Stimpy are a duo, then why repeat that gimmick? Even if Ren and Stimpy wind up separate, that's still precident that duo fighters aren't a sure thing.

If we can have two separate turtles with people clamoring for two more, then we can have two damn beavers.
If we're gonna be playing as a solo Beaver, I'd rather it be handled with alts.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
If we're gonna be playing as a solo Beaver, I'd rather it be handled with alts.
I would be fine with an Olimar situation.
I know I've said similar in this thread, but I'm honestly against it now. Then they'd have to water down the attacks and animations to fit either Beaver rather than have ones that fit the character's personality, because then they'd just be reskins of each other. Norbert doing Daggett's animations is out of character. Daggett toned down to allow him to have a Norbet skin would be out of character.

I'm actually getting sick of all this speculation treating Norbert and Daggett like interchangeable clones. I'm genuinely curious if any of the people who insist Norbert and Daggett absolutely must be an Ice Climbers style duo or alt swaps of each other have ever actually watched the Angry Beavers or are they just making an assumption that it has to happen just because there's two of them. This is literally just Smash speculation with people making baseless assumptions about characters it's obvious they have no experience with and are just bringing them into the discussion because they're there.

Them being a perfectly synced hive minded pair like Popo and Nana or generic alternate costumes of each other that share an identical moveset makes no sense when the entire premise of the show is their sibling rivalry and how different they are from one another.
It's not like Ren and Stimpy where the vitriol is entirely one sided on Ren's part and otherwise they work fine as a unit, which makes the idea of them as a Duck Hunt style duo actually make sense. Norb and Dag spend the majority of episodes fighting, competing and taking on bizarre personas to one up each other, or picking fights with the other animals, which leaves a smorgasbord of moveset potential for both of them as their own characters. Their individual personalities and abilities would shine a lot more if they were allowed to be separate, if not in the base roster of this game, than in DLC or a sequel. Doing it any other way would either limit the potential move pools or water down their characterizations.

Imagine if this logic applied to every pair of characters. Now Spongebob and Patrick are an Ice Climbers duo because they're best friends. Lincoln and Lucy are siblings, so therefore they should be a duo, right? Lets mash all four Ninja Turtles into one character while we're at it.

Like if it happens, fine, at least they're there at all, but it'll be a massive disappointment to see them limited in such a way.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I know I've said similar in this thread, but I'm honestly against it now. Then they'd have to water down the attacks and animations to fit either Beaver rather than have ones that fit the character's personality, because then they'd just be reskins of each other. Norbert doing Daggett's animations is out of character. Daggett toned down to allow him to have a Norbet skin would be out of character.

I'm actually getting sick of all this speculation treating Norbert and Daggett like interchangeable clones. I'm genuinely curious if any of the people who insist Norbert and Daggett absolutely must be an Ice Climbers style duo or alt swaps of each other have ever actually watched the Angry Beavers or are they just making an assumption that it has to happen just because there's two of them. This is literally just Smash speculation with people making baseless assumptions about characters it's obvious they have no experience with and are just bringing them into the discussion because they're there.

Them being a perfectly synced hive minded pair like Popo and Nana or generic alternate costumes of each other that share an identical moveset makes no sense when the entire premise of the show is their sibling rivalry and how different they are from one another.
It's not like Ren and Stimpy where the vitriol is entirely one sided on Ren's part and otherwise they work fine as a unit, which makes the idea of them as a Duck Hunt style duo actually make sense. Norb and Dag spend the majority of episodes fighting, competing and taking on bizarre personas to one up each other, or picking fights with the other animals, which leaves a smorgasbord of moveset potential for both of them as their own characters. Their individual personalities and abilities would shine a lot more if they were allowed to be separate, if not in the base roster of this game, than in DLC or a sequel. Doing it any other way would either limit the potential move pools or water down their characterizations.

Imagine if this logic applied to every pair of characters. Now Spongebob and Patrick are an Ice Climbers duo because they're best friends. Lincoln and Lucy are siblings, so therefore they should be a duo, right? Lets mash all four Ninja Turtles into one character while we're at it.

Like if it happens, fine, at least they're there at all, but it'll be a massive disappointment to see them limited in such a way.
Just have these two scuffle with each other hitting their opponent.

For example, Dag tries to punch Norb who dodges and hits their opponent instead.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Didn't Injustice do this with positive reception?
They all shared a slot, but they were still four separately selectable characters with their own movesets. They shared a few things in common but that was about it.

I'm saying imagine if you were literally playing as all four Turtles at once, of if every Turtle were just a basic reskin of Leonardo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
After watching the gameplay from yesterday, I think one problem that I have with the game is that it's so fast that you can barely see some animations. I know doing animations for fighting games is super hard, but it's a shame that some like Spongebob have cool references like him sweeping the floor and you barely see it happening in game.

amageish

Smash Master
It wouldn't necessarily need to be rhythm-based, just have her be a semi-ranged fighter with her riffs, plus the item stuff you mention.

Also, it would be a nice excuse to have the clash of the instruments depending on the picks: Luna's guitar versus Squidward's clarinet.
True, yeah. You can just give her projectile music notes, plus the usual slice of life "I have pulled out that item I used in Season 2, Episode 23, as a weapon" references.

Lol, good point. Maybe that'll be the DLC pack theme: Battle of the Bands haha.

After watching the gameplay from yesterday, I think one problem that I have with the game is that it's so fast that you can barely see some animations. I know doing animations for fighting games is super hard, but it's a shame that some like Spongebob have cool references like him sweeping the floor and you barely see it happening in game.
Yeah, I like the game being fast, but it is so fast that some of the smaller items used as weapons can't really be seen all that clearly...

Anyway, Mikey's moveset before Leo's, huh? It looks very good though! Lots of good references and some beat-em-up throwbacks. Also "Wanna Pizza This?" is a very good pun.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, Mikey looks like a fun character; it kind of looks like he'll have a decent bit of range with his nunchucks, I like the skateboard, Air Guitar, Pizza attacks (those seem to fit well with what I understand is Mikey's personality), and once again, some of those names are just amazing ("Wanna Pizza This?" and "Party Dude" being my favorites). I also like that the gameplay shots seem to imply that his entrance animation involves him coming in on his skateboard, which again from what I understand of his character is rather fitting.

So yeah, considering I'm not as familiar with Ninja Turtles as I am with most of the other shows that are represented so far, I'd say they did a good job making me interested to try him out.

...Yeah, while I do enjoy the game's speed (and don't consider this a big deal-breaker), it was definitely something pretty noticeable, especially with SpongeBob's sweep attack; if I didn't already know what that attack involved, I would be confused as to what SpongeBob just did.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 329790
View attachment 329791
View attachment 329792
almost thought we were actually getting Larry the Lobster for a second, but a mystery move that functions like shine huh.....

Edit:
View attachment 329793
...Again, excuse my lack of fighting game knowledge, but what does "shine" refer to?

also saw someone theorize that they did TMNT before Loud House because there could be a third Loud House character yet to be revealed and they want to go by series'
...I feel that may be a stretch right now; I just assumed they did Ninja Turtles next because A. It was next in the order of names on Discord, and B. It's currently the only other show aside from SpongeBob to have three confirmed fighters.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It's a nickname given to Fox's reflector. Mostly because it is used by most Smash Players in an offensive manner, as opposed to using it defensively to reflect projectiles as intended.
So in other words, one of the characters revealed so far has a legit reflector? Okay then.

...I do wish people would just call it a "Reflector" instead of that other name; that just seems confusing to me.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
So in other words, one of the characters revealed so far has a legit reflector? Okay then.

...I do wish people would just call it a "Reflector" instead of that other name; that just seems confusing to me.
The thing is, there are some shines in other games (like Rivals of Aether and Slap City) that don't reflect at all, so calling them reflectors instead of shines wouldn't make a whole lot of sense (especially when reflectors are their own, separate archetype of moves already). Considering the devs have said there are no dedicated reflectors in this game, I'm betting that's what the move in question will be like, too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom