• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

amageish

Smash Master
If anything, I would expect the hypothetical third Loud House character to be shown off before Ren & Stimpy.
I wonder where they'd put a Loud House rep in the reveal order, if there is one left... Do you save them for last or push them out a bit sooner?

I had some free time so I figured while I'm arguing in favor of solo Beavers, I'd put my money where my mouth is draw up a hypothetical moveset for Daggett. Someone did it for Vexus, so I thought it'd be fun to try.
Very nice moveset! Lots of Catdog vibes in all of the body modification stuff and it looks super full of references. Can't say it is an IP I have much familiarity with myself, but it looks fun to play!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Very nice moveset! Lots of Catdog vibes in all of the body modification stuff and it looks super full of references. Can't say it is an IP I have much familiarity with myself, but it looks fun to play!
Buff Dog was definitely the inspiration for the standard Special, good eye. And thanks!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I had some free time so I figured while I'm arguing in favor of solo Beavers, I'd put my money where my mouth is draw up a hypothetical moveset for Daggett. Someone did it for Vexus, so I thought it'd be fun to try.

I'll try and do one for Norbert later.
Ah Jeez, It's the Big Fat Daggett.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Question: Have any of the Nickelodeon channels played the 80's TMNT?
Not as far as i know. The closest thing is their Crossover with the 2012 Nick show in Trans-Dimentional Turtles and other 2 crossovers between them.

But hey if Smash can have Third Parties that have barely any Nintendo presence, i don't think this is too much of an issue, as at least in this case Nick owns them.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not as far as i know. The closest thing is their Crossover with the 2012 Nick show in Trans-Dimentional Turtles and other 2 crossovers between them.

But hey if Smash can have Third Parties that have barely any Nintendo presence, i don't think this is too much of an issue, as at least in this case Nick owns them.
At least we know that recent Nick game staffs are blatant '87 TMNT fanboys. Hell, in regards to Shredder's Revenge, DotEmu and Tribute Games pretty much abused a loophole when Nick never specified if their TMNT game had to be based on any specific incarnation.

Makes me wonder how much of a cut in royalties Murakami Wolf and Lionsgate get when the '87 Turtles are used in any capacity.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
It has been pretty interesting getting to see every opinion about the subject on this game It has given me a lot to think about. Still, it seems like the general impression seems to be positive towards the gameplay but negative towards the sound and music for the game. I remember a couple of compains aout how it looks visually but nothing that seems too negative. It even made a couple of people change opinion after seeing full on gameplay of the whole thing rather than bits and snips.

One question was brought up on all the videos that makes me wonder which version is going to be the most popular and which version should I get. Has anyone over here decided on a specific version of the game. Which one is it and why?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
It has been pretty interesting getting to see every opinion about the subject on this game It has given me a lot to think about. Still, it seems like the general impression seems to be positive towards the gameplay but negative towards the sound and music for the game. I remember a couple of compains aout how it looks visually but nothing that seems too negative. It even made a couple of people change opinion after seeing full on gameplay of the whole thing rather than bits and snips.

One question was brought up on all the videos that makes me wonder which version is going to be the most popular and which version should I get. Has anyone over here decided on a specific version of the game. Which one is it and why?
The Switch version, mainly because I would rather have as few physical PS4 games as possible, but also because as a Smash fan, it feels like a natural fit for me.

View attachment 329855
all in due time I know but it's crazy how little we still truly know about this game
Yeah, but then I remind myself that it releases next month.

kCxWGSH.gif

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

We get it. The game's coming out in October. Nobody here has denied that since Xbox pre-orders opened. You're not proving a point, you're just being annoying.

Latest reveal always wins, that's how marketing works.
I was just saying, there's probably still some doubters out there somewhere.

At least until the post-release balance patches crop up, anyways.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I was thinking of getting it on switch at first, but I think the pc version will be easiest for me to play online.

I'm wondering though, if we can't play cross-platform, which will be the go-to for online tournaments?

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I predict that the next character's moveset to be revealed is Leonardo with Lincoln's moveset being revealed after him.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Isn't PC use avoided in fighting game tournaments or something like that? Think it was something to do with mods or cost.
It's mostly to do with most PCs being too huge to constantly carry around. Steam Deck should fix that, assuming all games people wanna play will work on Linux. I've been able to play Tekken 7 and Guilty Gear Strive on Kubuntu, the former is 100% perfect but the latter replaces the background of the character select screen with test bars for some reason.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So just for fun, from the fight we saw what tier do you think the characters are? I feel like April is definitely high tier or top because of her combo potential and very fast moves. CatDog could be high too because of their ranges and they seems to kill very fast. Nigel looks low tier to me but this might because the Nigel player was bad. Lucy unsure, could be mid-low but also the player playing her seems to be not that great. Spongebob will most likely be mid or high-mid. Unsure about Patrick and the Turtles.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So just for fun, from the fight we saw what tier do you think the characters are? I feel like April is definitely high tier or top because of her combo potential and very fast moves. CatDog could be high too because of their ranges and they seems to kill very fast. Nigel looks low tier to me but this might because the Nigel player was bad. Lucy unsure, could be mid-low but also the player playing her seems to be not that great. Spongebob will most likely be mid or high-mid. Unsure about Patrick and the Turtles.
This is hard to get a good read on because, as you alluded to, the two 1v1s we saw had the two opponents be of polar opposite skill levels. So that hurts how Nigel and Lucy look in particular.

I do think that the SpongeBob, April, and CatDog players put out a really good showing. April's strong attacks seem really good for range and power, the boom mic in particular. What I assume is Cat's air up strong is also both incredibly powerful and very disjointed, which seems great for KOs off the top. SpongeBob seems to have strong fundamentals in general, which is a good sign for the mascot character.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I would guess they'll try their best to make all characters viable and good.

April and Catdog did seem super good and at least high tier tho :p Catdog is so fast for how much range they have.
Looking forward to seeing top play with each character at some point :D

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord

actual moveset breakdowns!

Edit: "Spongebob's stage is The Jellyfish Fields" Stage Theory confirmed

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom

Seems like stage theory is a lock given how they mentioned that Spongebob's stage is Jellyfish Fields. Looks like we will get our third avatar rep 100%.

amageish

Smash Master
I was thinking of getting it on switch at first, but I think the pc version will be easiest for me to play online.

I'm wondering though, if we can't play cross-platform, which will be the go-to for online tournaments?
My impulse would be PS5 due to technical benefits and ease of travel, but people will probably want it to be a platform that supports GameCube controllers so... honestly hard to say.

Imagine Plankton as a mech fighter. But the mech is Karen.
View attachment 329889
So, Karen would be doing most of the heavy lifting and getting none of the credit? That... sounds very accurate to their character dynamic; I like this proposal.

Woah, they're going all-out with these. Exciting to see that we'll be getting full breakdowns for everyone!

And, yeah, the game does indeed seem to have home stages. Not really a surprise, but nice to have it confirmed. I wonder if that'll impact the Classic Mode equivalent...

amageish

Smash Master
unique victory AND losing animations! Spongebob has his little Band Geeks dance when he wins and Patrick nails the board to his head when he loses!
So cute! If we get team battles, I hope we'll get some unique team battle victory screens too.... You know, recreating famous moves with the duos like this...

That was a feature in Slap City, but that game also had only 9 characters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Imagine Plankton as a mech fighter. But the mech is Karen.
View attachment 329889
And here I had trouble figuring out how to make Plankton work without going the Imitation Krabs route.

Just a shame that we wouldn't hear any of her sass (until further notice).

I wonder if they'll pick up speed showing overview stuff and new characters from next week onwards.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Now with Stage Theory most likely being true I want to bring back my Theory on who the potential third avatar character is

Azula - The third avatar stage appears to be Omashu, Omashu is where Aang and Azula first fought, This is before they even met Toph. Azula is a popular villain so that would be interesting

Zuko - The Western Air Temple is where Zuko joined Aangs team, So it would be funny if the Omashu stage was Aang's stage and The Western Air Temple was Zuko's stage Appa and Momo appear on the Air Temple Stage, this theory is BUSTED

Toph - This is just because Omashu is in the earth kingdom. But Toph did not go to Omashu in the show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom