• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's also possible they waited to save some big faces for the final release. Same reason why no Avatar character was shown off, not even just like... Aang or something.
I'm just wondering when we can expect the next reveal, since they said the whole roster would be shown before launch. The Oct 5th release date is a pretty open secret, and that's only 3 weeks away.

amageish

Smash Master
I know I'm gonna be mocked for this, but are we sure he didn't just mean the home stage for SpongeBob the show?
I... doubt it. It was literally parallel phrasing from "Spongebob's taunt is this" to "Spongebob's stage is."

Honestly, IMO, home stages are now confirmed. I am guessing they will have some mechanic in the game's single-player offerings, similar to how things like Street Fighter tend to send you on a quest fighting a random selection of people on their home stages.

There are stages to reveal still, but that's true no matter what. They revealed 3 Avatar stages before any Avatar fighters; they can reveal 1 Rugrats fighter before 1 Rugrats stage. I don't think Rugrats and The Wild Thornberrys will share a stage; that both goes against the concept of home stages and the concept of... well, logic.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, how will this Stage Theory affect the whole roster if Reptar was suppose to have a stage, If the number of stages is 20 then what would this mean for the other two characters yet to be revealed.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
So, how will this Stage Theory affect the whole roster if Reptar was suppose to have a stage, If the number of stages is 20 then what would this mean for the other two characters yet to be revealed.
There was never 20 stages, the official game site always said "more than 20". Besides, the Amazon description of the game leaked that there's "22 themed levels".

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm just wondering when we can expect the next reveal, since they said the whole roster would be shown before launch. The Oct 5th release date is a pretty open secret, and that's only 3 weeks away.
This. Besides the hypothetical Fall Direct or self-made overview videos with surprise reveals at the end as ways to go on about it, I have no clue when they'd drop the reveals.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Reminder that in the Teenage Ninja Turtles Adventures comics by Archie's, one of the villains were none other than the famous Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

I'm not lying:
Four_Horsemen.jpg

(Triceratops is War, thing made of insect is Pestilence, skeleton is Famine and the cloaked guy is Death.)
They were under the employ of Null, a demonic businesses person.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I know I'm gonna be mocked for this, but are we sure he didn't just mean the home stage for SpongeBob the show?
Nah, no need for mockery lol. But yeah, as was pointed out, the phrasing was "SpongeBob's stage is [the] Jellyfish Fields." So in that case he clearly means the character and not the franchise (considering the franchise has three stages).

Faso115

Smash Lord
If stages are meant to be tied to a character then the Flying Dutchman got robbed and i now want a refund.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I know most people would prefer having one of the babies here but is it wrong to prefer having Thorg as the seond Rugrats character?
Like we could use a D.K. counterpart.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
To be fair it seems like the home stages don't need to fit 100% the characters. Sandy's home stages is probably Flying dutchman's ship, and April's stage will probably be Technodrome (I'm assuming the turtles will have the New-York rooftops and the sewer stages).
The rooftops stage has Channel 6 News stuff in the background, it's probably counted as her stage. Technodrome is kind of like the Flying Dutchman's ship in the sense that it's not really associated with a particular turtle, it's only really associated with Krang. They probably just wanted that as a stage and then gave it to one of the turtles.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If stages are meant to be tied to a character then the Flying Dutchman got robbed and i now want a refund.
The rooftops stage has Channel 6 News stuff in the background, it's probably counted as her stage. Technodrome is kind of like the Flying Dutchman's ship in the sense that it's not really associated with a particular turtle, it's only really associated with Krang. They probably just wanted that as a stage and then gave it to one of the turtles.
On the upside, if we get any other TMNT characters via DLC, they'd almost be certain to get Dimension X as a stage, and that would be amazing. :sakuraipower:

Granted, I have no idea how they'd go on about DLC packs on a case-by-case basis, but still.

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
For the rugrats stage, I think it's possible they didn't want to show it to 'deconfirm' the babies too soon, assuming we'll see them in the background. Maybe won't be the case but seems possible.

Or it could imply that the duo are akin to pre-Smash 4 Zelda and Sheik or Pyra and Mythra, in that they can swap between each other.
I think it could be really cool as a tag team, maybe riding each other or something weird like that. I really don't know XD. Guessing there is more to them though, if they are 2 in 1.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
For the rugrats stage, I think it's possible they didn't want to show it to 'deconfirm' the babies too soon, assuming we'll see them in the background. Maybe won't be the case but seems possible.

I think it could be really cool as a tag team, maybe riding each other or something weird like that. I really don't know XD. Guessing there is more to them though, if they are 2 in 1.
I can picture their running animation having Ren ride on Stimpy like a horse.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I gotta admit it's strange to show the characters' stages without having revealed them yet XD. But I'm guessing they wanted to intentionally make some speculation.

Changed my avatar to Korra because right now I'm more interested in this game than smash, and Korra could easily be my main. Though I gotta see how she plays too. And if Toph could somehow be in it too, that could change things too :)

I can picture their running animation having Ren ride on Stimpy like a horse.
Yeah exactly. I guess it'd be a little odd the other way around, so it's possible it's always stimpy being rode by Ren, but who knows what they have in store for us :) Would rather they be a duo honestly, seeing them together.

amageish

Smash Master
Honestly, I think that the stages we haven't seen are simply not ready to be shown off yet. This isn't some conspiracy to get us talking (especially since we're still in a Schrodinger's DLC situation).
I'm sure they know there is free advertising through roster speculation and conversations about what could be coming into the game, but, yeah, this isn't an ARG either.

Follow up to last night's Daggett moveset, here's one for Norb!

Very nice! You're good at making these. I don't get the "Last Year's Model" reference, but I like throwing words at someone as a premise.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
What would the moveset be like if they were together as one fighter?
See, I've been campaigning for them to be separate, as many posts I've done here would show, so I admit haven't thought about that as deeply. I actually don't think they'd work as well as a duo fighter as say, Ren and Stimpy would. There's some stuff that comes to mind, but not as much that would work for a full moveset. I'm of the mind they'd work better as separate characters who can fight in matches against each other. I know a lot of people have suggested them fighting each other and that damages the opponent, but CatDog already has a move like that.

Very nice! You're good at making these. I don't get the "Last Year's Model" reference, but I like throwing words at someone as a premise.
Norb makes models that are literally the words "Last Year's Model", "This Year's Model" and "Next Year's Model".

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Now with Stage Theory most likely being true I want to bring back my Theory on who the potential third avatar character is

Azula - The third avatar stage appears to be Omashu, Omashu is where Aang and Azula first fought, This is before they even met Toph. Azula is a popular villain so that would be interesting

Zuko - The Western Air Temple is where Zuko joined Aangs team, So it would be funny if the Omashu stage was Aang's stage and The Western Air Temple was Zuko's stage Appa and Momo appear on the Air Temple Stage, this theory is BUSTED

Toph - This is just because Omashu is in the earth kingdom. But Toph did not go to Omashu in the show.
It seems like some stages were picked not for their importance to the character, but rather because they thought the location was interesting; for example, Sandy and the fact her stage isn't her treedome. While not ever seen in the show, it's entirely possible that as a member of a noble and high-profile Earth Kingdom family, Toph would've visited Omashu at some point in her life.

Other stages seem to definitely have been picked to represent their character well; the Royal Woods Graveyard for Lucy and the Kitchen for Powdered Toast Man; though this could be because there aren't many really interesting or particularly iconic locations in their respective shows to warrant picking something for interest's sake instead of a stage themed around the character.

As for Ninja Turtles, if you want to be technical, the Sewers could literally work for any of the four turtles, so they would use them regardless of which turtles made the cut; but since characters can't share stages, they had to pick other iconic locations from the TMNT's past, and the Technodrome is an obvious pick due to it's iconic status, and the rooftops were likely picked to coincide with April since their roster size wouldn't allow for all four turtles in base game.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I've been looking at this Omashu thing wrong the whole time

The next avatar character is actually Bumi

:4pacman:
I know you're joking, but I think this is the one thing I don't want haha. If we're getting another Avatar rep, I'm personally happy with anyone from Team Avatar, Uncle Iroh, any of the major villains, or, honestly, anyone from New Team Avatar or one of the deep lore characters (ex/ Wan or Kyoshi)... but I really hope it isn't a full-on "joke character." A character with comedy elements like Sokka is fine, of course, but full-on "We picked this character because it is wacky and silly" would be a bit 😐 to me personally.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
It seems like some stages were picked not for their importance to the character, but rather because they thought the location was interesting; for example, Sandy and the fact her stage isn't her treedome. While not ever seen in the show, it's entirely possible that as a member of a noble and high-profile Earth Kingdom family, Toph would've visited Omashu at some point in her life.

Other stages seem to definitely have been picked to represent their character well; the Royal Woods Graveyard for Lucy and the Kitchen for Powdered Toast Man; though this could be because there aren't many really interesting or particularly iconic locations in their respective shows to warrant picking something for interest's sake instead of a stage themed around the character.

As for Ninja Turtles, if you want to be technical, the Sewers could literally work for any of the four turtles, so they would use them regardless of which turtles made the cut; but since characters can't share stages, they had to pick other iconic locations from the TMNT's past, and the Technodrome is an obvious pick due to it's iconic status, and the rooftops were likely picked to coincide with April since their roster size wouldn't allow for all four turtles in base game.
At that point, it seems kind of pointless to argue in favor of any character on the basis of specific stage locations, no?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
someone proposed an idea on the Discord that they may rep Avatar similarly to how they repped TMNT, where they have half of the main 4 (in TMNT's case it's half of the turtles but in Avatar's case it'd be half of the elements represented) and then an additional character that's a bit goofier but offers a lot moveset wise. They also aren't exactly connected to their stage 1 for 1, but have been there at some point at the very least

Ladies and Gents, I think our 3 Avatar reps may be Aang, Korra (Air and Water elements being represented) and Sokka

Unlike Zuko and Toph, who have apparently never been to Omashu, Sokka has. It's a loose connection, but hey so is Technodrome for April (getting kidnapped presumably results in her being taken there quite a bit)

Plus, they've clearly borrowed some moves from Slap City in several places, and Sokka has a short axe, something Jenny from Slap City uses quite a bit for attacks as well. I'm not saying that'd be the main reason they'd add him, but it would make him easier to develop, if only slightly

snap back to reality roster prediction.PNG

so with that being said uhhhh how about this?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
someone proposed an idea on the Discord that they may rep Avatar similarly to how they repped TMNT, where they have half of the main 4 (in TMNT's case it's half of the turtles but in Avatar's case it'd be half of the elements represented) and then an additional character that's a bit goofier but offers a lot moveset wise. They also aren't exactly connected to their stage 1 for 1, but have been there at some point at the very least

Ladies and Gents, I think our 3 Avatar reps may be Aang, Korra (Air and Water elements being represented) and Sokka

Unlike Zuko and Toph, who have apparently never been to Omashu, Sokka has. It's a loose connection, but hey so is Technodrome for April (getting kidnapped presumably results in her being taken there quite a bit)

Plus, they've clearly borrowed some moves from Slap City in several places, and Sokka has a short axe, something Jenny from Slap City uses quite a bit for attacks as well. I'm not saying that'd be the main reason they'd add him, but it would make him easier to develop, if only slightly

View attachment 329964
I don't get the Membrane prediction, and I'm pretty sure Jenny is Frederator and Renzeti was just speaking vaguely.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

View attachment 329964
I approve of my boy Sokka being given a chance. There is some interesting tid bits they could add to his repertoire like being under the effect of the cacti or using his head to block attacks like he did in the Tai Li fight.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
In Australia, the rating is higher than that of Smash Ultimate because of violence.

I'm pretty certain on seperate R&S now. Ren's moveset would likely have a lot of violent and psychotic elements that it wouldn't really make sense for him to use against just Stimpy.

Before you mention Villager's axe, there's a clear difference in how these two characters use their axe. Villager has an oblivious air and even makes a shocked expression when he uses it as if it was an accident. Ren knows what he's doing and laughs all the while, context matters.

The only other Nick character I could see pushing up the rating like this is Rango with his pistol, but that'd likely draw the ire of all ratings boards and not just Down Under's - in fact, I'd say that if Rango was in we'd know by now thanks to the ESRB listing.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Given that, it makes me think about how the hell DLC would be going to work. Will it be character packs? One character coming with a stage? One or more characters coming with a stage? A combination of every option when applicable?

Also, the Junkyard makes sense for Oblina because of the reasons you mentioned for Lucy and PTM.

The only other Nick character I could see pushing up the rating like this is Rango with his pistol, but that'd likely draw the ire of all ratings boards and not just Down Under's - in fact, I'd say that if Rango was in we'd know by now thanks to the ESRB listing.
DLC content isn't rated, right? I could see him exclusively be sneaked in that way if they were to add him.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Given that, it makes me think about how the hell DLC would be going to work. Will it be character packs? One character coming with a stage? One or more characters coming with a stage? A combination of every option when applicable?

Also, the Junkyard makes sense for Oblina because of the reasons you mentioned for Lucy and PTM.

DLC content isn't rated, right? I could see him exclusively be sneaked in that way if they were to add him.
Considering characters have homestages with this being outright confirmed, I'd be very shocked if DLC was anything but a character alongside a stage. Assuming of course, the game does well enough for DLC to be considered viable, I know it's popular but it comes out the same week as Monkey Ball and Metroid Dread and I don't think it'll sell millions. Would love to be proven wrong though, this style of fighting game needs more competition

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Considering characters have homestages with this being outright confirmed, I'd be very shocked if DLC was anything but a character alongside a stage. Assuming of course, the game does well enough for DLC to be considered viable, I know it's popular but it comes out the same week as Monkey Ball and Metroid Dread and I don't think it'll sell millions. Would love to be proven wrong though, this style of fighting game needs more competition
If this kind of OCD leaves the rest of the turtles out somehow, I'd be perfectly content with them adding Shredder alongside a Dimension X stage.

That being said, the game's initial reception from the peripheric demography caught both the developers, publishers and Nick's marketing department off-guard to the point that pre-release content presentation is getting steadily more coherent, so I don't think we'll need to worry about that too much.

Besides, the Smash scene will soon have a void they need to fill for the next 7+ years while waiting for the next major Ninty console, so.

In the meantime, all we have to go on from is this weird mention of in-game purchases on European Steam.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Had another go at an ideal roster - Rudy & Snap and Blue came really close to getting in but then I remembered Nick owns Garfield - I don't like "limitless moveset potential" characters so the other R&S were wiped off the board, and Odie is basically just Blue but with fourth wall breaking swapped for drool. (and also not causing moral panic) I did almost put in Donatello instead of Mikey, but I feel that'd be a bit too similar to Splinter's cane.

As you can tell, I'm not a fan of generic straightman kid protagonists.

EDIT: I somehow forgot Danny. I don't think there's anyone I'd want to replace with him except maybe Miko though.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
With a third Avatar rep, I’m gonna make a prediction: we will get two more batches of reveals.

One will obviously be all the avatar stuff. The others theme will be 90s. Ren and Stimpy will be there, so to me the question is what other 90s picks are there to go with?

Obviously Rocko is one of them. Not guessing Rocko is a bad idea. He even got a revival movie ,Nick loves him. The viable 90s toons to pull from bedsides Rocko would be Beavers, Rocket Power, Kablam, or double dipping on another nicktoon.

I know a lot of people might be disappointed by this. Many people might want more early 2000s stuff instead of more 90s stuff. But at the end of the day, don’t lose hope. The game was said by euro steam to have in app purchases, so we could easily see DLC. Maybe then Timmy, Jimmy, and Jenny can all make it in.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
With a third Avatar rep, I’m gonna make a prediction: we will get two more batches of reveals.

One will obviously be all the avatar stuff. The others theme will be 90s. Ren and Stimpy will be there, so to me the question is what other 90s picks are there to go with?

Obviously Rocko is one of them. Not guessing Rocko is a bad idea. He even got a revival movie ,Nick loves him. The viable 90s toons to pull from bedsides Rocko would be Beavers, Rocket Power, Kablam, or double dipping on another nicktoon.

I know a lot of people might be disappointed by this. Many people might want more early 2000s stuff instead of more 90s stuff. But at the end of the day, don’t lose hope. The game was said by euro steam to have in app purchases, so we could easily see DLC. Maybe then Timmy, Jimmy, and Jenny can all make it in.
Perhaps Garfield would be revealed alongside Ren & Stimpy? (perhaps Odie too if R&S are a tag team) Then the theme would be pets. I'd say having 3 Avatar reps is proportionately equal hype-wise to having Garfield alone, especially to casual onlookers unaware of the buyout.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

holy ****....i cant believe it.....tito win.....

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I gotta admit, I honestly doubt that we'll hear anything new today or tomorrow if they skip over the weekend like last week. Which means we'll most likely wait.

(Normally, I'd post the regular version of this scene, but I felt like the circumstances of this game are unusual enough to justify it.)

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

Considering that the last reveal batch had no theme I don't expect the next batches of reveals to have a connecting theme.

Top Bottom