• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I love how Spongebob does a reference to the Band Geeks episode after winning!
Reptar
dance.gif

This, this would be perfect!

Lincoln Loud
1bajn1mojle71.gif

Imagine winning as him and this comes up

Invader Zim
hyped-happy-dance.gif

Would work pretty well

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now with Stage Theory most likely being true I want to bring back my Theory on who the potential third avatar character is

Azula - The third avatar stage appears to be Omashu, Omashu is where Aang and Azula first fought, This is before they even met Toph. Azula is a popular villain so that would be interesting

Zuko - The Western Air Temple is where Zuko joined Aangs team, So it would be funny if the Omashu stage was Aang's stage and The Western Air Temple was Zuko's stage

Toph - This is just because Omashu is in the earth kingdom. But Toph did not go to Omashu in the show.
As a counterpoint to one specific point, I recently saw someone point out that Western Air Temple is probably Aang's stage for a reason we only recently learned: the presence of Appa and Momo on the stage. I used to entertain the Aang/Omashu theory quite a bit but those two being there seals the deal for me.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Alright, so I really enjoyed that SpongeBob breakdown!

We learned quite a bit about his playstyle and moveset (in particular, how his Bubbles come out less frequently if used in rapid succession; that's good to know), and he looks pretty fun for your typical jack-of-all-trades character!

Also, both "Floor Sweep" and "Imaginaaation Clap" can spike; that's kind of hilarious!

Also also, regarding Jellyfish Fields as "his stage", I'm gonna wait and see if they do a breakdown with Sandy as well as who they place at the Technodrome before I say anything more regarding Stage Theory. But if Sandy DOES get placed in Flying Dutchman's Ship and Leonardo in Technodrome...at that point, I would say that Stage Theory might actually be a thing.

Finally, we not only have confirmation of Victory animations, but also potentially unique losing animations as well? That's pretty cool, considering in Smash most of the characters are just seen clapping for the victor.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think it's safe to say that Ren and Stimpy are almost certainly a duo now. With Stage Theory being all but confirmed I can't imagine Ren and Stimpy getting 3 stages, each of which fitting Ren, Stimpy AND Powdered Toast Man. I mean, I'm hard pressed to think of 2
R&S' stages, if seperate, would likely be based on individual episodes and not recurring locations. Space Madness and Fire Dogs would be good stages for example.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

actual moveset breakdowns!

Edit: "Spongebob's stage is The Jellyfish Fields" Stage Theory confirmed
The Jellyfish field music really doesn't do it for me. It's way too calm and with the lack of voices, it makes the fight feels hollow.

I'm glad we're getting not only victory animations but also defeat animations. The lack of characters specific (or at least franchise specific) victory theme is a bit disappointing tho. I hope they have multiple animations, maybe some of them could be unlockables?

cashregister9

Smash Hero
As a counterpoint to one specific point, I recently saw someone point out that Western Air Temple is probably Aang's stage for a reason we only recently learned: the presence of Appa and Momo on the stage. I used to entertain the Aang/Omashu theory quite a bit but those two being there seals the deal for me.
I must have missed that, I'm still keeping my eye on Azula though.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The Jellyfish field music really doesn't do it for me. It's way too calm and with the lack of voices, it makes the fight feels hollow.

I'm glad we're getting not only victory animations but also defeat animations. The lack of characters specific (or at least franchise specific) victory theme is a bit disappointing tho. I hope they have multiple animations, maybe some of them could be unlockables?
Unlockable and customisable losing animations would do so much to foster a less toxic online community, especially in a game like that's all about funny characters.
"Hey, I won - but that Patrick results emote is great! GG!"

Not gonna happen with this low a budget though.

Also, I personally like the Jellyfish Fields song. That being said, NKR2 and Nick Brawl really feel like they should have one another's soundtracks, heh.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
One thing to note is unlockable winning animations aren't totally out of the question or without precedent. PSASBR had them if I remember correctly.
Yeah, PSASBR did - and each winning animation came with an associated losing animation.

I played a lot of PSASBR as a kid - mostly PaRappa neutral circle spam.

amageish

Smash Master
I must have missed that, I'm still keeping my eye on Azula though.
She is still worth considering, at least. It'd be funny for Avatar to have a villain with no villain-based stage while TMNT has no villain and a villain-based stage, but still.

I honestly think it could be any member of Team Avatar... They seem to be doing home stages, but they also don't seem to be that picky with them. It's also just hard to predict what mechanics a third Avatar character would have when we don't know Aang and Korra's movesets yet...

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think Stage Theory being legit mainly hinges on Ren & Stimpy; because even before April was officially revealed, we had two Ninja Turtle fighters and three confirmed stages, and for the sake of this argument, let's say a third Avatar rep is happening; the only reason we came to this conclusion is because there've been three Avatar stages shown off but no fighters yet.

But for Ren & Stimpy (the show)? We've known it's been represented since the initial reveal trailer with both Powdered Toast Man and the Kitchen stage. However, we haven't heard or seen anything about a second stage for the titular duo, and unlike with CatDog (who we didn't see a stage from until their reveal), Ren & Stimpy's show already has stage representation in it despite the titular duo not having been officially revealed.

So because of this, I think whether or not Stage Theory is actually legit is going to depend on whether or not they show a new Ren & Stimpy stage when the duo are officially revealed.

...And naturally, this would get even screwier if the duo end up being completely separate fighters.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Missed this thread it seems.

I want the Shredder, instant buy day one. Aang and Korra are icing on the cake. Would love Plankton as a mech fighter.
Hey there! Here's to hoping Shred will get in as DLC.

The best we can hope for is the devs being able to deliver on wishing to add patches, which might eventually lead to Battle for the Grid levels of enhancements if the game gets enough support.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more I think Stage Theory being legit mainly hinges on Ren & Stimpy; because even before April was officially revealed, we had two Ninja Turtle fighters and three confirmed stages, and for the sake of this argument, let's say a third Avatar rep is happening; the only reason we came to this conclusion is because there've been three Avatar stages shown off but no fighters yet.

But for Ren & Stimpy (the show)? We've known it's been represented since the initial reveal trailer with both Powdered Toast Man and the Kitchen stage. However, we haven't heard or seen anything about a second stage for the titular duo, and unlike with CatDog (who we didn't see a stage from until their reveal), Ren & Stimpy's show already has stage representation in it despite the titular duo not having been officially revealed.

So because of this, I think whether or not Stage Theory is actually legit is going to depend on whether or not they show a new Ren & Stimpy stage when the duo are officially revealed.

...And naturally, this would get even screwier if the duo end up being completely separate fighters.
Meanwhile we don't know if Reptar even has a stage, or shares the one Nigel seems to have.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Hey there! Here's to hoping Shred will get in as DLC.

The best we can hope for is the devs being able to deliver on wishing to add patches, which might eventually lead to Battle for the Grid levels of enhancements if the game gets enough support.

Meanwhile we don't know if Reptar even has a stage, or shares the one Nigel seems to have.
The waterfall stage from Thornberrys?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeah, that's another thing; despite only being at least a month away from the game's release, we still haven't seen a sign of a Rugrats-themed stage for Reptar (and I personally refuse to say that he'll be sharing the Wild Thornberrys stage; that'd be stupid on multiple levels).

Although, much as I don't like the idea of Reptar and Nigel sharing a stage, either presented option you mentioned would poke quite the hole in Stage Theory.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll be honest, there really isn't any valid reason to doubt the home stage theory now. Like, the dev was literally like, "here's SpongeBob's light attacks. Here are his strong attacks. Here are his aerials. Here are his specials. Here is his stage. Here's his taunt. Now let's see a live match."

Like, the language used doesn't leave room for debate. SpongeBob has a home stage. Characters have home stages. The Gamescom teaser showed there are twenty two characters. Online listings have said twenty two stages (and no, "over 20" and 22 are not contradictory in the slightest). Reptar and Nigel are not sharing a stage. We're getting a third Avatar character.

It just seems like...overly stubborn at this point to deny what is very clearly true.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
There's speculation that the jungle stage is actually based on Rugrats Go Wild and that Nigel and Reptar will share a home stage, which would be weird.
Stupid would be the word I'd use, for several reasons:

1. They only crossed over in that one movie (and I'm looking exclusively at just those two shows; I'm not counting Nicktoon crossover games).

2. Said movie, from what I understand, wasn't even that popular and didn't have that great returns at the box office.

3. It wouldn't even make that much sense for Reptar; he's a Godzilla-expy dinosaur, what would he be doing in a tropical jungle?

So yeah, if Reptar DID get a stage, I'd say it'd have to be either a city of some sort (maybe based on that one Reptar special they had) or even have one based on the babies' toy box or the toy store (to reference that he's technically seen as primarily a toy in the show).

Heck, even Kart Racers 2 had to basically make up a completely new location in Reptar Ruins to give him a home-track.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It just seems like...overly stubborn at this point to deny what is very clearly true.
Alright, give me a stage for Reptar and Ren & Stimpy and I'll concede defeat.

Until then, call me stubborn all you want, but I'm remaining skeptical.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I would laugh if they picked a concert stage based on All Grown Up, of all things, for Reptar. I mean, if the stage doesn't really need to fit the character 100% and it's still related to the franchise a character is from...

I'll be honest, there really isn't any valid reason to doubt the home stage theory now. Like, the dev was literally like, "here's SpongeBob's light attacks. Here are his strong attacks. Here are his aerials. Here are his specials. Here is his stage. Here's his taunt. Now let's see a live match."

Like, the language used doesn't leave room for debate. SpongeBob has a home stage. Characters have home stages. The Gamescom teaser showed there are twenty two characters. Online listings have said twenty two stages (and no, "over 20" and 22 are not contradictory in the slightest). Reptar and Nigel are not sharing a stage. We're getting a third Avatar character.

Just agree to disagree. I just nearly went through three years of having to put up with such mindsets. That's the only way I ever win any arguments around here. :143:

Last edited:

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Stupid would be the word I'd use, for several reasons:

1. They only crossed over in that one movie (and I'm looking exclusively at just those two shows; I'm not counting Nicktoon crossover games).

2. Said movie, from what I understand, wasn't even that popular and didn't have that great returns at the box office.

3. It wouldn't even make that much sense for Reptar; he's a Godzilla-expy dinosaur, what would he be doing in a tropical jungle?

So yeah, if Reptar DID get a stage, I'd say it'd have to be either a city of some sort (maybe based on that one Reptar special they had) or even have one based on the babies' toy box or the toy store (to reference that he's technically seen as primarily a toy in the show).

Heck, even Kart Racers 2 had to basically make up a completely new location in Reptar Ruins to give him a home-track.
Reptar wasn't even in Go Wild, so it'd make even less sense.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Alright, give me a stage for Reptar and Ren & Stimpy and I'll concede defeat.

Until then, call me stubborn all you want, but I'm remaining skeptical.
I mean that just means they haven't shown Reptar's stage yet. Like how Hillwood and the Jungle stages weren't shown until the Gamescom teaser. Meanwhile Ren and Stimpy haven't been revealed yet, so it's like how we didn't see CatDog's House until CatDog was revealed. Omashu, then, is like the Rooftops, where the stage was confirmed before April was.

I don't really see what's hard to believe here. SpongeBob's showcase literally proved characters have home stages.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Exactly!

You know, come to think of it, if we're going to have a city stage for Reptar anyway, at least make it Paris. That would reference the movies without having to needlessly shoehorn in the Thornberrrys.
That could work! Plus it'd reference the awesome fight involving the giant Reptar mech.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I could absolutely see Stimpy being more of a trapper-type with stuff like farts and vomit, but I also can't see Ren as anything other than a simple heavy hitter with wacky violent weapons.

If they're a duo, they'd likely have a "one without the other" state whenever one is used as a projectile - assuming they're taking cues from the Mega Drive game at least - which woild make them complex.

Also, I just want to remind everyone that "First Fart" and "Log Toss" are both listed moves on the ESRB rating - Log Toss could go to either, but First Fart is clearly a Stimpy move. It could exist in a duo moveset, but it certainly gives my Ren & Stimpy seperatist views a bit more validity.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be fair it seems like the home stages don't need to fit 100% the characters. Sandy's home stages is probably Flying dutchman's ship, and April's stage will probably be Technodrome (I'm assuming the turtles will have the New-York rooftops and the sewer stages).

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I do wonder if Ren & Stimpy are going to be more complex fighters. Why even wait that long to reveal them when Powdered toast man of all characters was revealed first?
That's what I'm thinking.

And this idea lends credence to Ren & Stimpy being a duo fighter because if they weren't, why has it taken so long to show them off?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Also, I just want to remind everyone that "First Fart" and "Log Toss" are both listed moves on the ESRB rating - Log Toss could go to either, but First Fart is clearly a Stimpy move. It could exist in a duo moveset, but it certainly gives my Ren & Stimpy seperatist views a bit more validity.
Or it could imply that the duo are akin to pre-Smash 4 Zelda and Sheik or Pyra and Mythra, in that they can swap between each other.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
To be fair it seems like the home stages don't need to fit 100% the characters. Sandy's home stages is probably Flying dutchman's ship, and April's stage will probably be Technodrome (I'm assuming the turtles will have the New-York rooftops and the sewer stages).
...Except for as head-tilting as the idea of Sandy's home-stage being the Flying Dutchman's Ship is, at least it's actually a stage based on the show she's from.

For Reptar, the unknown jungle stage is clearly based on the Wild Thornberrys, so having a Rugrats character have that as their home-stage wouldn't make sense when beyond the one movie, the two shows are completely separate.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If arguments are this heated for the stages before launch , I'm not sure if I'd want to see how it's like if we get DLC. :4pacman:

I do wonder if Ren & Stimpy are going to be more complex fighters. Why even wait that long to reveal them when Powdered toast man of all characters was revealed first?
That does seem likely. Stimpy's Invention for the Sega Genesis had them use a tag-team style of gameplay, in contrast to just about every other R&S platformer of the time (which were various degrees of crummy, ironically enough). So, if they'll want to reference that in some moves, they'd use a team as the base.
In other words, a mix between :ulticeclimbers: and :ultduckhunt: is my estimate, in terms of gameplay mechanic.

Top Bottom