• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So in other words, one of the characters revealed so far has a legit reflector? Okay then.

...I do wish people would just call it a "Reflector" instead of that other name; that just seems confusing to me.
In Melee, the reflector doesn't reflect. It can, but in a competitive context it shouldn't. It has better offensive and mobility utilities, which is likely what this move also has - not a reflector.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
So in other words, one of the characters revealed so far has a legit reflector? Okay then.

...I do wish people would just call it a "Reflector" instead of that other name; that just seems confusing to me.
I don't think it's going to be a reflector, but an attack that comes out on the first frame. That's the functionality of the move competitive players like.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
...Okay, ya'll are actually confusing me now.

What does "Shine" refer to in general?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
...Okay, ya'll are actually confusing me now.

What does "Shine" refer to in general?
"Shine"s are an archetype of moves in platform fighters that are based on Fox's Down-B from Melee, i.e. they have a hitbox right on the character's body that comes out frame 1 and usually doesn't send very far to set up into combos. Zetterburn has one of these in Rivals of Aether (though he can charge it in that game to make it deal more damage and knockback), and so does Fishbunjin in Slap City (and presumably Fraymakers as well). Although the original move the term refers to does reflect, most iterations of the move in other games don't have this property.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
"Shine"s are an archetype of moves in platform fighters that are based on Fox's Down-B from Melee, i.e. they have a hitbox right on the character's body that comes out frame 1 and usually doesn't send very far to set up into combos. Zetterburn has one of these in Rivals of Aether, and so does Fishbunjin in Slap City (and presumably Fraymakers). Although the original move the term refers to does reflect, most iterations of the move in other games don't have this property.
So it's an attack that surrounds the user's body and comes out really fast?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

amageish

Smash Master
also saw someone theorize that they did TMNT before Loud House because there could be a third Loud House character yet to be revealed and they want to go by series'
People were really expecting Lincoln next, yeah... Though , TMNT is also a big IP, so it being next isn't too surprising to me either.

I would be incredibly unsurprised if we got another Loud House rep in the game though.

Uhhhhhhhhhh, wow. That sounds... extraordinarily funny and also pretty unique as an attack? Again, I cannot wait to hear this game being shoutcasted; it sounds like it will be hilarious.

amageish

Smash Master
So, what are the odds that we'll see new Brawl stuff in today's Sony presentation? Games big and small are going to be covered.
I'm going to say low odds, but certainly not out of the realm of possibility. They need to reveal characters somehow; it'd just mean a lot of news about the game would be coming out in a short timeframe.

yeah, was in the first trailer too :dedede:
Welp. Apparently I just thought there was some other more reoccuring Spongebob location as a stage instead of it haha. The Spongebob stages are generally pretty specific references, huh?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
also saw someone theorize that they did TMNT before Loud House because there could be a third Loud House character yet to be revealed and they want to go by series'
I though the popular order theory was the one on discord order that said TMNT would be next? I am remembering wrong.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

amageish

Smash Master
According to the Spongebob wikia Glove world appeared in 15 episodes, so it's a pretty reocurring locations.
Reoccurring, sure, but 15 episodes is a very low percentage of the 268 episodes the show has ran for, especially when we don't have locations like the Krusty Krab or Spongebob's street.

I like the specific stage choices and the fact I could remember Glove World says something about them picking memorable places, I guess; I'm just a bit surprised.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Reoccurring, sure, but 15 episodes is a very low percentage of the 268 episodes the show has ran for, especially when we don't have locations like the Krusty Krab or Spongebob's street.

I like the specific stage choices and the fact I could remember Glove World says something about them picking memorable places, I guess; I'm just a bit surprised.
I've been surprised at the lack of Krusty Krab stage too, but I figure the devs thought Glove World made for a cooler backdrop.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I actually like the fact that we're getting some lesser big location like Glove world because I think that having every stage being "main character house" "main character street" or "main character city" would have get boring pretty fast. Glove world and Flying dutchmann's ship are very interesting choices because those themes works very well for a fighting game stages and are more unique.

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
A Disney platform fighter either including or based entirely around their animated TV shows.

I wanna see Luz Noceda fighting Lena from the DuckTales reboot at the Mystery Shack.
Imagine if they did make a Disney Fighter but they went all out and just included characters from EVERYTHING!

A cast with primarily animated film characters but also characters from their live action films, animated shows, games, Lucasfilms, Marvel, Muppets, Hulu, Fox, Kingdom Hearts, Pixar, ABC, ESPN, Touchstone, ect. It would be insane but very difficult with all the deals that would need to be made.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
More or less PS5 exclusives, can't say I'm surprised. There wouldn't have much to gain out of this. :tired:

Time to resume waiting for the Direct, Brawl would be way likelier to show up there.
Not really because I don't think that they would want NASB to overshadow the reveal of the final Smash Ultimate DLC fighter.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Not really because I don't think that they would want NASB to overshadow the reveal of the final Smash Ultimate DLC fighter.
There aren't any other events left and we only have 3 weeks before the game releases.

If they have to dump the rest of the characters on Twitter, I'd rather see them try to make a proper showcase video for the rest of the roster (so far).

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
There aren't any other events left and we only have 3 weeks before the game releases.

If they have to dump the rest of the characters on Twitter, I'd rather see them try to make a proper showcase video for the rest of the roster (so far).
i feel like they could announce it on twitter for release date and hold a livestream on gamemill youtube

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
So, i have a question. The Discord account has the characters listed in some specific order and all of the characters are getting their movesets released one to two days daily, they got the spongebob characters out of the way now they're covering TMNT. If i remember correctly Powdered Toast Man was after April.

If they are going threw the discord's list in order then Ren & Stimpy should be the next to be revealed.

What do you all think of this?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, i have a question. The Discord account has the characters listed in some specific order and all of the characters are getting their movesets released one to two days daily, they got the spongebob characters out of the way now they're covering TMNT. If i remember correctly Powdered Toast Man was after April.

If they are going threw the discord's list in order then Ren & Stimpy should be the next to be revealed.

Would you mind posting a screenshot of this list? We need a better picture of how much this pattern is allegedly going to happen.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Would you mind posting a screenshot of this list? We need a better picture of how much this pattern is allegedly going to happen.
Screenshot (51).png

Apologizes for any name i reveal on here, i don't have the time cross them out currently.

As for the list, here it is. Turns out i was wrong about Ren & Stimpy being Next after TMNT, but knowing how close we are to powdered toast man after Lincoln & Lucy, Ren & Stimpy should be revealed before then.

amageish

Smash Master
i feel like they could announce it on twitter for release date and hold a livestream on gamemill youtube
Honestly, just premiering the remaining 6 reveals in pairs of 2 trailers each every week isn't the worst idea (even if at least one, if not two of the trailers would be revealing characters we already know)... I'm sure plenty of people would do reaction streams just for those and get them free advertising, even if it isn't as much advertising as a Direct would provide.

The fact Mikey came before Leo makes me think that list isn't being followed 1-1 anyway and they'd be willing to jump around.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
View attachment 329826

Apologizes for any name i reveal on here, i don't have the time cross them out currently.

As for the list, here it is. Turns out i was wrong about Ren & Stimpy being Next after TMNT, but knowing how close we are to powdered toast man after Lincoln & Lucy, Ren & Stimpy should be revealed before then.
If anything, I would expect the hypothetical third Loud House character to be shown off before Ren & Stimpy.

Also, as amageish amageish pointed out, the list isn't quite being followed 1:1 anyway, so.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I had some free time so I figured while I'm arguing in favor of solo Beavers, I'd put my money where my mouth is draw up a hypothetical moveset for Daggett. Someone did it for Vexus, so I thought it'd be fun to try.

I'll try and do one for Norbert later.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I had some free time so I figured while I'm arguing in favor of solo Beavers, I'd put my money where my mouth is draw up a hypothetical moveset for Daggett. Someone did it for Vexus, so I thought it'd be fun to try.

I'll try and do one for Norbert later.
A win just for any ROBO TOE reference. XD

Top Bottom