• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Geoffrey Druyts

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1993-7715-4423
Switch FC
SW-6723-8387-1403
Hot Take: the chaotic nature of the released trailers, with all its zooming, spinning, shaking, and other motions effects, is in order to hide lackluster and bland gameplay that lacks the action and impact of games within this genre.
One Fear

I have trust in these developers tho, but if the game ends up being meh, then so be it.

Honestly they could at the very least give us some moveset or even just special move overviews on the website or something. Know what I mean? We can get hype for just the name of a Smash newcomer because we already have ideas of how they'll function. Smash gameplay is a known variable at this point. This is a whole new thing! Why not show us at least some interesting mechanics? Especially since they keep saying they want to market this to the competitive FGC part of the Internet.
Kinda like the Brawl website at the time? That would be very cool.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
This. I honestly appreciate leaks that may be fake since they at least get us talking at times when speculation would otherwise be dry (see: precisely when the Grinch Leak came about and the community had largely run out of things to talk about).
Honestly this. Even with all the drama, i must admit i had kind of a fun time with the infamous Grinch Hoax, or the Gematsu Leak. Rumors, Leaks and Hoaxes in general make speculation far more interesting than just "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE". it's about the Journey, not the destination.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Honestly this. Even with all the drama, i must admit i had kind of a fun time with the infamous Grinch Hoax, or the Gematsu Leak. Rumors, Leaks and Hoaxes in general make speculation far more interesting than just "ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE". it's about the Journey, not the destination.
"ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE" is just a load of **** anyway. I'd rather not speak any more about it.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Someone on the Subreddit suggested Sakurai Presents style videos, with some in-depth gameplay footage, but with Patchy the Pirate as the host.

Lemme tell ya, I'd kill for Patchy Presents to be real.
Alternatively: whenever a new update comes out, the patch notes are presented as "Patchy Notes" with Patchy being the one who presents them.
Hire me, Ludosity.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Kinda like the Brawl website at the time? That would be very cool.
This brings me back. The characters I was the most excited for were :ultkingdedede: and :ultsonic:, though I had wanted the former more.

Let's just leave it at "Just because anything is possible doesn't meant anything is likely". Contrarian speculation is never fun.
Yeah, and when there are things that genuinely wouldn't happen anyway due to prior staff habits, you can't prove that until the cycle ends. It sucks being someone that's actually experienced with this and has to put up with newcomers.

it's about the Journey, not the destination.
This, at least in Japan that mindset is accepted more. Why else would everyone stop caring about the title treasure in One Piece?

7NATOR

Smash Master
On the Rugrats stage, I remember there was Implication that Wild Thornberry's and Rugrats are sharing a stage based of the crossover movie (Something to do with Quicksand). In any case, In order for Stage theory to fit, technically there would need to be Multiple stages dedicated to both series

UNLESS perhaps they are sharing their home stages in game. While the addition of Stages does seem to be implying characters, the lack of stages actually doesn't. Perhaps Stage theory could still be alive even if it turns out Rugrats and Wild Thornberry's are just sharing one Stage

On the trailers for the game, I do have to agree sometimes it can be too chaotic. I actually find trailers from Arc Systems or KOF better, since I think it's easier to focus on the character the trailer is focusing on

With the type of Game Nick All Stars it, I do think it make the trailers too chaotic that it sometimes makes it hard to focus on the character in question. Smash does a real good job with Camera angles and such to make sure you see the moves of the characters and their mechanics. Meanwhile It's seem very easy for people to miss out on April's Mechanic, which I think is something that shouldn't be happening

Like I'll say though, it's just the growing pains of this being the first game in a potential franchise, I think they'll learn eventually, and I will say that I think Catdog's Trailer did a better job on showcasing what they are about, though It might also be because Catdog are more distinct characters visually, so it's easier to tell their mechanics and stuff

This, a hundred times. It's almost impossible for us to get Ember from Danny Phantom, but Luna is the next best thing as far as rocker girls go.

Plus she doesn't have song license or creator issues getting in the way, so they can do whatever. And she would fit the staff's reasoning for some characters getting in simply because they're cool.
This might be a bit of a hot take from me, but I don't think Ember is as impossible as people might make it out to be

At the very least, I think April getting in over Raph, Donnie, and even Shredder and Splinter showcases that the Usual "Pecking order" doesn't seem to apply with this game. That's good for Ember since going off of importance in the series, Vlad would be the character to get in if Danny Phantom got a 2nd character most likely

The Musical Mechanics she could bring also I think is very huge pro in her favor. Combine that with being a popular character within the show itself, I think there are some merits to her inclusion

I assume the reason she's seen as so unlikely is because of the "Incident". I guess the question becomes whether Nick would even consider touching her again after the thing happened, even if Ludocity hypothetically wanted Her on the roster, as I definitely imagine Ember would definitely be a character Ludocity would have to fight for.

Personally I think it's possible Nick could bulge on her. I think if they really wanted to scrub her existence after the incident, Her episodes would be taken off, or perhaps episodes where she appears as a cameo would be edited. They took out The Krab Pandemic Episode and also the Mid Life Crustacean episode because of Panty Raids (with the Great Snail race being a casualty), and those 2 episodes I think are still locked as of now. If Ember's Episodes were removed, I would be singing a different tune, but since they aren't, I think Nick is still open to having her exist, they just might be cautious of using her now

Luna, and to a Lesser extent Squidward would have Musical Based moveset mechanics, and both these characters are more popular and well known than Ember is, along with not having the controversy that Ember has. at the same time though, Due to the Action packed nature of Danny Phantom, she has showed off more combat prowess and Combat Abilities than the former 2, and She's also just really cool

Do I think she's likely, I'm not sure. I imagine Musical based mechanics would seem like something up Ludocity's alley, especially since Smash hasn't attempted it (and that a character that could have had musical mechanics seemed to have been scrapped), and I think because Danny Phantom is a Combat based series that has featured characters with Differing abilities, it seems like a good series to tap into for multiple characters, even if it's not the biggest series in the game. But I acknowledge the Controversy around her makes things shaky, and that Luna and Squidward are also very viable options to tap into the Musical mechanics. This isn't even factoring the idea that perhaps attempting something like this might actually be too hard for Ludocity to handle, and also the simple fact that with only 22 slots, Competetion between characters is fierce

If for some reason, Aang is not the Redeacted character that Rep was talking about in terms of Floaty characters, Then that would get the noggin screaming

Alternatively: whenever a new update comes out, the patch notes are presented as "Patchy Notes" with Patchy being the one who presents them.
Hire me, Ludosity.
To be honest, If there are Sequels to this game and if they do get in Voice acting, since they would have Tom Kenny in the booth, they could get him to perhaps Dress up as Patchy to advertise the game as well, so I think we could take this idea to Ludocity for the future

Though this is also assuming they don't just go with Bootleg actors, like Krabs in Battle for Bikini Bottom

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
This, a hundred times. It's almost impossible for us to get Ember from Danny Phantom, but Luna is the next best thing as far as rocker girls go.

Plus she doesn't have song license or creator issues getting in the way, so they can do whatever. And she would fit the staff's reasoning for some characters getting in simply because they're cool.
Isn't Ember a popular ghost?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
On the Rugrats stage, I remember there was Implication that Wild Thornberry's and Rugrats are sharing a stage based of the crossover movie (Something to do with Quicksand). In any case, In order for Stage theory to fit, technically there would need to be Multiple stages dedicated to both series

UNLESS perhaps they are sharing their home stages in game. While the addition of Stages does seem to be implying characters, the lack of stages actually doesn't. Perhaps Stage theory could still be alive even if it turns out Rugrats and Wild Thornberry's are just sharing one Stage

On the trailers for the game, I do have to agree sometimes it can be too chaotic. I actually find trailers from Arc Systems or KOF better, since I think it's easier to focus on the character the trailer is focusing on

With the type of Game Nick All Stars it, I do think it make the trailers too chaotic that it sometimes makes it hard to focus on the character in question. Smash does a real good job with Camera angles and such to make sure you see the moves of the characters and their mechanics. Meanwhile It's seem very easy for people to miss out on April's Mechanic, which I think is something that shouldn't be happening

Like I'll say though, it's just the growing pains of this being the first game in a potential franchise, I think they'll learn eventually, and I will say that I think Catdog's Trailer did a better job on showcasing what they are about, though It might also be because Catdog are more distinct characters visually, so it's easier to tell their mechanics and stuff

This might be a bit of a hot take from me, but I don't think Ember is as impossible as people might make it out to be

At the very least, I think April getting in over Raph, Donnie, and even Shredder and Splinter showcases that the Usual "Pecking order" doesn't seem to apply with this game. That's good for Ember since going off of importance in the series, Vlad would be the character to get in if Danny Phantom got a 2nd character most likely

The Musical Mechanics she could bring also I think is very huge pro in her favor. Combine that with being a popular character within the show itself, I think there are some merits to her inclusion

I assume the reason she's seen as so unlikely is because of the "Incident". I guess the question becomes whether Nick would even consider touching her again after the thing happened, even if Ludocity hypothetically wanted Her on the roster, as I definitely imagine Ember would definitely be a character Ludocity would have to fight for.

Personally I think it's possible Nick could bulge on her. I think if they really wanted to scrub her existence after the incident, Her episodes would be taken off, or perhaps episodes where she appears as a cameo would be edited. They took out The Krab Pandemic Episode and also the Mid Life Crustacean episode because of Panty Raids (with the Great Snail race being a casualty), and those 2 episodes I think are still locked as of now. If Ember's Episodes were removed, I would be singing a different tune, but since they aren't, I think Nick is still open to having her exist, they just might be cautious of using her now

Luna, and to a Lesser extent Squidward would have Musical Based moveset mechanics, and both these characters are more popular and well known than Ember is, along with not having the controversy that Ember has. at the same time though, Due to the Action packed nature of Danny Phantom, she has showed off more combat prowess and Combat Abilities than the former 2, and She's also just really cool

Do I think she's likely, I'm not sure. I imagine Musical based mechanics would seem like something up Ludocity's alley, especially since Smash hasn't attempted it (and that a character that could have had musical mechanics seemed to have been scrapped), and I think because Danny Phantom is a Combat based series that has featured characters with Differing abilities, it seems like a good series to tap into for multiple characters, even if it's not the biggest series in the game. But I acknowledge the Controversy around her makes things shaky, and that Luna and Squidward are also very viable options to tap into the Musical mechanics. This isn't even factoring the idea that perhaps attempting something like this might actually be too hard for Ludocity to handle, and also the simple fact that with only 22 slots, Competetion between characters is fierce

If for some reason, Aang is not the Redeacted character that Rep was talking about in terms of Floaty characters, Then that would get the noggin screaming

To be honest, If there are Sequels to this game and if they do get in Voice acting, since they would have Tom Kenny in the booth, they could get him to perhaps Dress up as Patchy to advertise the game as well, so I think we could take this idea to Ludocity for the future

Though this is also assuming they don't just go with Bootleg actors, like Krabs in Battle for Bikini Bottom
As far as lesser characters getting in go, Danny has no shortage of options in the ghosts alone, from Skulker to Box Ghost, since at least there's enough fan favorites there.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion

As someone who really wants to see Ember, how much has that incident affected Nick? Have they made any statements on it or shown any hesitation towards Ember ever since it happened?

LimeTH

Smash Lord

As someone who really wants to see Ember, how much has that incident affected Nick? Have they made any statements on it or shown any hesitation towards Ember ever since it happened?
Someone fill me in? I don't remember any incident involving Ember that would require scrubbing her from existence.
There was that thing last year with Butch Hartman drawing a commission of her and her looking more like Vicky from FoP, but that's obviously not that big a deal.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Incident?
Someone fill me in? I don't remember any incident involving Ember that would require scrubbing her from existence.
There was that thing last year with Butch Hartman drawing a commission of her and her looking more like Vicky from FoP, but that's obviously not that big a deal.
It's a Long story, and I forgot good amount of specific details, but pretty much a Fan was obsessed with Ember, to the point of making a sort of Fan fiction dedicated around her and her Image (there's more to it, but that's quick explanation). He ending up committing a Shooting that killed like 2 or 3 people, including himself

Ever since that, Ember has kind of been tainted by that event, and there's been the ongoing notion that Nick and even Butch himself now try to avoid using the character thanks to it

But, it seems like it might not be the case, or at least to the extent that people make it out to be. People familiar with the incident seem to believe that She's pretty much off-limits to use, but If Butch has done commission of her last year, than Butch doesn't seem to mind, and since Nick hasn't pulled any of her episodes, they also don't seem to mind

I'd say everytime you mention Ember, there be someone that will bring up the story, but I think the fact that there still people asking about what happened to this day, and ultimately the fact that Ember the Character herself isn't the controversy, but the person harboring the obsession (in the same way Sonic isn't a Problematic character because people like Chris Chan exist), I think is key here. Still I think it's something that Nick might be cautious about, but I don't think it's something that will make her almost impossible and such

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So, of the characters in the game so far, we have:
Spongebob, Lincoln, Zim, Powdered Toast Man, Reptar, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Lucy, Danny, Helga, Nigel, Patrick, Sandy, Oblina, April, CatDog, Ren & Stimpy, Aang and Korra

if we eliminate Shout Factory characters (as in characters from series' that have received a Shout Factory boxset), that leaves
Spongebob, Lincoln, Zim, Powdered Toast Man, Reptar, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Lucy, Patrick, Sandy, April, Ren & Stimpy, Aang and Korra

Spongebob, Loud House (both still airing), TMNT (Rise didn't do as well as they were hoping but it's still getting a movie at some point), Avatar (several projects on the way), Rugrats (reboot), Ren and Stimpy (getting a reboot, which contrary to popular belief has not been scrapped), and Zim (movie as well as just an intense fanbase to the point of being the only Nicktoon in the game with less than 3 seasons) are all relevant to modern Nick. Here's who's left if you exclude them from this list:

Uh yeah, none. Any non modern/relevant Nickelodeon series that have something from Shout Factory is all we've gotten (that isn't relevant anyways)

Now here's where things get interesting:
View attachment 328216

(Ignore the Klasky Csupo shows part, the focus is the Shout Factory shows)

We have 3 Nicktoons left here yet to be represented as well as 4 mystery stages

The 3 shows remaining are Rocko, Angry Beavers and Jimmy Neutron from Shout Factory

These are the only companies truly involved with NickBrawl as far as character inclusions go so far, relevant in house Nick/Viacom and Shout Factory re-release shows. (There's technically also Stephen Hillenberg due to Spongebob but y'know 😔 )

So, if this trend continues, who would get in?

Well Rocko seems like a near certainty because it's Rocko and of these 3 has actually been in Nickelodeon games recently

After that, I think I actually lean towards Jimmy

As for Angry Beavers, if Ren & Stimpy truly are a duo character, then I don't really see a good reason why they would include the Angry Beavers as playable alongside them. A stage for this series could also work quite well though

So why Jimmy? Well, it's simply down to patterns. I know those don't usually bode well but in this instance I do think it helps Jimmy's chances. The last Nicktoons game Jimmy Neutron anything has made even an appearance in was Nicktoons MLB. What's interesting to note is that this also applies to Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, which was also last seen in Nicktoons MLB. And yet here Real Monsters is back in a Nicktoons game. Plus as far as I'm aware, Jimmy doesn't seem to have similar legal troubles (well, not obvious ones anyways) as Timmy or Jenny, and if Frederator characters were part of this game at launch, I really think we would've known by now

There's of course some possible wrenches that could be thrown into this idea, those being:
  • They're just messing with us and the last 2 characters are in fact the Frederator reps of Timmy and Jenny
  • The possibility of Loud House getting a third character
  • The possibility of Spongebob getting a fourth character
  • The possibility that the last 2 characters are Donnie and Raph
  • Garfield existing
  • A WTF pick or two that we still don't know about

As far as stage theory, it would still fit. The idea is that the last 4 stages would be for the 3 series' listed above (yes an Angry Beaver's stage with no character, it's not as unlikely as you think. Or since Nick has an anti-Angry Beavers bias maybe it's a game show stage), with the Wild Thornberrys stage actually being a Rugrats Go Wild stage (a dev when asked about if there would be a Rugrats stage if Rugrats had quicksand, which is something prevalent in the first scene of Rugrats Go Wild, a crossover movie between Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys) and as for Ren and Stimpy? It would take the last stage slot

So anyways, taking all of this into account, this is my current roster prediction at the moment and I will probably stick to it until the next reveal

View attachment 328224
Just replying to this in case people missed it (I posted it at 3 in the morning but it’s a theory I’ve thought of recently)

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Furthermore, Ember is by and far the most popular character in Danny's rogue's gallery (while Skulker is most important), in fact she's one of the most popular characters on the show period, behind Dark Danny, Vlad, and Danny himself.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
The only reason why I even said "almost impossible" in regards to Ember wasn't because of any controversy, but the assumed reluctance of characters outside of the 80s/90s being picked much (which is starting to sound like a fan rule).

I thought it would have been obvious, but apparently not, yet again. :ohwell:

I wouldn't be surprised if Danny's the only DP character.
The TL;DR version of my statement.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So, of the characters in the game so far, we have:
Spongebob, Lincoln, Zim, Powdered Toast Man, Reptar, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Lucy, Danny, Helga, Nigel, Patrick, Sandy, Oblina, April, CatDog, Ren & Stimpy, Aang and Korra

if we eliminate Shout Factory characters (as in characters from series' that have received a Shout Factory boxset), that leaves
Spongebob, Lincoln, Zim, Powdered Toast Man, Reptar, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Lucy, Patrick, Sandy, April, Ren & Stimpy, Aang and Korra

Spongebob, Loud House (both still airing), TMNT (Rise didn't do as well as they were hoping but it's still getting a movie at some point), Avatar (several projects on the way), Rugrats (reboot), Ren and Stimpy (getting a reboot, which contrary to popular belief has not been scrapped), and Zim (movie as well as just an intense fanbase to the point of being the only Nicktoon in the game with less than 3 seasons) are all relevant to modern Nick. Here's who's left if you exclude them from this list:

Uh yeah, none. Any non modern/relevant Nickelodeon series that have something from Shout Factory is all we've gotten (that isn't relevant anyways)

Now here's where things get interesting:
View attachment 328216

(Ignore the Klasky Csupo shows part, the focus is the Shout Factory shows)

We have 3 Nicktoons left here yet to be represented as well as 4 mystery stages

The 3 shows remaining are Rocko, Angry Beavers and Jimmy Neutron from Shout Factory

These are the only companies truly involved with NickBrawl as far as character inclusions go so far, relevant in house Nick/Viacom and Shout Factory re-release shows. (There's technically also Stephen Hillenberg due to Spongebob but y'know 😔 )

So, if this trend continues, who would get in?

Well Rocko seems like a near certainty because it's Rocko and of these 3 has actually been in Nickelodeon games recently

After that, I think I actually lean towards Jimmy

As for Angry Beavers, if Ren & Stimpy truly are a duo character, then I don't really see a good reason why they would include the Angry Beavers as playable alongside them. A stage for this series could also work quite well though

So why Jimmy? Well, it's simply down to patterns. I know those don't usually bode well but in this instance I do think it helps Jimmy's chances. The last Nicktoons game Jimmy Neutron anything has made even an appearance in was Nicktoons MLB. What's interesting to note is that this also applies to Aaahh!!! Real Monsters, which was also last seen in Nicktoons MLB. And yet here Real Monsters is back in a Nicktoons game. Plus as far as I'm aware, Jimmy doesn't seem to have similar legal troubles (well, not obvious ones anyways) as Timmy or Jenny, and if Frederator characters were part of this game at launch, I really think we would've known by now

There's of course some possible wrenches that could be thrown into this idea, those being:
  • They're just messing with us and the last 2 characters are in fact the Frederator reps of Timmy and Jenny
  • The possibility of Loud House getting a third character
  • The possibility of Spongebob getting a fourth character
  • The possibility that the last 2 characters are Donnie and Raph
  • Garfield existing
  • A WTF pick or two that we still don't know about

As far as stage theory, it would still fit. The idea is that the last 4 stages would be for the 3 series' listed above (yes an Angry Beaver's stage with no character, it's not as unlikely as you think. Or since Nick has an anti-Angry Beavers bias maybe it's a game show stage), with the Wild Thornberrys stage actually being a Rugrats Go Wild stage (a dev when asked about if there would be a Rugrats stage if Rugrats had quicksand, which is something prevalent in the first scene of Rugrats Go Wild, a crossover movie between Rugrats and Wild Thornberrys) and as for Ren and Stimpy? It would take the last stage slot

So anyways, taking all of this into account, this is my current roster prediction at the moment and I will probably stick to it until the next reveal

View attachment 328224
So, Are you telling me that Rocko and Beavers might have a chance?

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'd be shocked if Rocko or a Rocko character doesn't get in.

I'm sadly less confident about the Beavers, even though Daggett is my most wanted right now.
I could see them throw in Daggett by himself, since he's the funnier of the two. Not saying this because I'm biased or anything, but still.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I could see them throw in Daggett by himself, since he's the funnier of the two. Not saying this because I'm biased or anything, but still.
I thought about Daggett by himself too. Dag is also the more erratic and violent of the two brothers, so he'd likely have enough to work with.

I'm biased, I admit. I'm here hoping Ren and Stimpy are one slot, but want Norb and Dag to be separate somehow so they can fight each other. It's literally the whole premise of the show. I've seen people suggest having them fight each other and that damages the opponent in the crossfire, but CatDog already has two moves just like that. I've seen a pitch for one Beaver to be the alt costume of the other, and I'd be willing to settle for that.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
I really just want Arnold & Rocko now. At least we have Helga if Arnold doesn't make it but man I'd be so bummed if Rocko isn't playable. Got to have my little wallaby whose about to have a dangerous day in world of Nick Brawl.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I thought about Daggett by himself too. Dag is also the more erratic and violent of the two brothers, so he'd likely have enough to work with.

I'm biased, I admit. I'm here hoping Ren and Stimpy are one slot, but want Norb and Dag to be separate somehow so they can fight each other. It's literally the whole premise of the show. I've seen people suggest having them fight each other and that damages the opponent in the crossfire, but CatDog already has two moves just like that. I've seen a pitch for one Beaver to be the alt costume of the other, and I'd be willing to settle for that.
If the whole premise of the show is that they fight each other, I do wonder why people ask for them as a Duo. I'm guessing it's because they don't believe they can get in separately

It seems like they would fit well as Echo Fighters of each other, however the people at Ludocity said that they weren't doing Clones or Echo Fighters. I will say that I think that could bite them later on, since with many characters to add, Echo Fighters or Clone Fighters would be a good way of representing certain characters, if it makes sense of course. It probably would be a Sequel thing though

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
pardon the faulty patchwork but i attempted getting a fuller view of the Ren + Stimpy kitchen stage!

it definitely seems there's more off to the right that hasn't been shown
I'm assuming this must be a scrolling stage? If so that's awesome. Scrolling stages are one of my favourite things in Smash and you rarely see them in other platfighters.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
I'm assuming this must be a scrolling stage? If so that's awesome. Scrolling stages are one of my favourite things in Smash and you rarely see them in other platfighters.
I thought the same but I genuinely think it’s more comparable to a flattened Great Cave Offensive with more traps to launch them upwards/downwards
like you can KO someone into the cereal bowl, or get them launched sky high with the toaster

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I thought the same but I genuinely think it’s more comparable to a flattened Great Cave Offensive with more traps to launch them upwards/downwards
like you can KO someone into the cereal bowl, or get them launched sky high with the toaster
Perhaps it functions like Dream Land GB? So it scrolls a bit, stops off for a while, then goes back to scrolling?

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

I would love it if each beaver got their own slot, but if they had to choose one, I would also choose Daggett over Norbert. (Younger brothers FTW!)
With regards to how they'll play, I can see Norbert and Daggett having similar moves, but being the polar opposites of each other in terms of playstyle.

Norbert is the more calm, cool, and collected brother. He is usually the one to come up with a plan and is still willing to throw hands when he feels wronged by someone or annoyed by Daggett. As a result, I could picture him as a trapper/stage control character. For example, he can use his musk from the episode "Another one Bites the Musk" and spray a small area around him/platform he's standing on. When the opponent stands in the sprayed area, they would take residual damage.

On the flipside, Daggett is the more chaotic, rash, and stubborn brother. He's the one that usually instigates the fights between him and Norbert and is generally a more act now, think later kind of beaver. As a result, I could picture Daggett as a rushdown/high risk-high reward character. For example, while Norbert uses the musk attack in a small range around him for stage control, Daggett would just hold his tail like a gun and be able to run around and spray his opponents with his musk ala Banjo and Kazooie. This move could deal more damage than Norbert's, but it would be a lot more committal.

Sorry for the long post, I just really like the show/characters. As I've mentioned previously, the Beavers are my most wanted characters for the game. While I'm not super confident about their chances, it really makes me smile just to see how many other people also want them in! Whether it's just one of them, or the both of them combined.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
I would love it if each beaver got their own slot, but if they had to choose one, I would also choose Daggett over Norbert. (Younger brothers FTW!)
With regards to how they'll play, I can see Norbert and Daggett having similar moves, but being the polar opposites of each other in terms of playstyle.

Norbert is the more calm, cool, and collected brother. He is usually the one to come up with a plan and is still willing to throw hands when he feels wronged by someone or annoyed by Daggett. As a result, I could picture him as a trapper/stage control character. For example, he can use his musk from the episode "Another one Bites the Musk" and spray a small area around him/platform he's standing on. When the opponent stands in the sprayed area, they would take residual damage.

On the flipside, Daggett is the more chaotic, rash, and stubborn brother. He's the one that usually instigates the fights between him and Norbert and is generally a more act now, think later kind of beaver. As a result, I could picture Daggett as a rushdown/high risk-high reward character. For example, while Norbert uses the musk attack in a small range around him for stage control, Daggett would just hold his tail like a gun and be able to run around and spray his opponents with his musk ala Banjo and Kazooie. This move could deal more damage than Norbert's, but it would be a lot more committal.

Sorry for the long post, I just really like the show/characters. As I've mentioned previously, the Beavers are my most wanted characters for the game. While I'm not super confident about their chances, it really makes me smile just to see how many other people also want them in! Whether it's just one of them, or the both of them combined.
God I could list potential Angry Beaver moves all night. Muscular Beaver/Baron Von Bad Beaver, Norb throwing Stump down like Pac Man's hydrant, the Big Round Sticky Fish Thingy, the overgrown teeth, the "Silent Wind of Doom", Norb's bronco impression, bopping someone into last week, or hell, Dag just charging at the opponent teeth bared. They have a lot to work with!

If Logs weren't already a thing with Ren and Stimpy, I'd say that could also fit with Dag and Norb too.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
God I could list potential Angry Beaver moves all night. Muscular Beaver/Baron Von Bad Beaver, Norb throwing Stump down like Pac Man's hydrant, the Big Round Sticky Fish Thingy, the overgrown teeth, the "Silent Wind of Doom", Norb's bronco impression, bopping someone into last week, or hell, Dag just charging at the opponent teeth bared. They have a lot to work with!

If Logs weren't already a thing with Ren and Stimpy, I'd say that could also fit with Dag and Norb too.
The Bopping Someone Into Last Week Idea you listed, made me want to quote the episode.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Would definitely be very disappointed if "Angry Beavers" for whatever reason don't end up making the final cut.

I't's been a while since I've seen the show, Unfortunately Nickelodeon rarely ever airs it on "NickRewind", But I remember Dag being my favorite of the 2 and his funny scream has always stuck with me.

"Angry Beavers was definitely one of my favorite late 90's Nicktoons alongside "Spongbob" "Rocko" and "CatDog" so heres hoping "Dag & Norb" make it in.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I wouldnt mind either or both. Even the costume idea is fine as acompromise.

I really just want Arnold & Rocko now. At least we have Helga if Arnold doesn't make it but man I'd be so bummed if Rocko isn't playable. Got to have my little wallaby whose about to have a dangerous day in world of Nick Brawl.
Is this what it feels to meet a doppelganger?
1630290119892.jpeg

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
If the whole premise of the show is that they fight each other, I do wonder why people ask for them as a Duo. I'm guessing it's because they don't believe they can get in separately

It seems like they would fit well as Echo Fighters of each other, however the people at Ludocity said that they weren't doing Clones or Echo Fighters. I will say that I think that could bite them later on, since with many characters to add, Echo Fighters or Clone Fighters would be a good way of representing certain characters, if it makes sense of course. It probably would be a Sequel thing though
I disagree, the game massively benefits from just having full movesets that represent the character's personality than a lazy clone when we could easily get MORE of their character and quirks to shine as a unique fighter. Especially in a game like this that's going all in on references while still having functional movesets? Anyone being a clone in this game would miss out big time.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
pardon the faulty patchwork but i attempted getting a fuller view of the Ren + Stimpy kitchen stage!

it definitely seems there's more off to the right that hasn't been shown
I Noticed Muddy Mudskippers Corpse in the background too, man the grim humor that comes of this show.

Last edited:
Top Bottom