• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
something i thought of, but if the game ever gets a sequel it would be cool to have some nick live action game show stages. Ik they said no live action characters,but i feel like this would be an exception.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If we end up getting a third Loud, I gotta put in my vote for my favorite, Luna. A music-based kit is something we don't have in Smash or this game thus far.
Honestly if they really want a music character they could just go with Squidward, which could focus on art (music, painting, sculpture), and with his 6 limbs he could be very fun. Honestly if Squidward is not in base game I think he could easily be DLC.

So I don't get what the issue with Jenny is?

Like, she appeared in Super Brawl Universe, that mobile game that basically was the direct predecessor to All-Star Brawl, and that game released back in March 2019.

So I'm not sure what the big issue is?

Also, separate question: Why is everyone suddenly assuming we're getting a third Loud House character? Was there a stage reveal that I'm not aware of?
The show have a pretty big cult following today but when it released I don't remember that it was really popular (maybe it just in my region). I mean, when I talked about her with some people IRL they barely knew who she was. It doesn't help that the show was cancelled very early because of poor ratings.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I still was paying attention to the Garfield Leak talk, even after Rep "Deconfirmed" the leak. And to be honest, I still think that there is evidence the leak is real now

Here's a good reddit post someone posted that goes over the Details

Why the Garfield leak might actually be real : AllStarBrawl (reddit.com)

Edit: Also if you reading the post, if you wondering the source of the leak that is mentioned in the post, it's right here

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl podría agregar a Ren & Stimpy, Garfield y Aang – Imágenes Filtradas Exclusivas | PC Master Race Latinoamérica (pcmrace.com)

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So I still was paying attention to the Garfield Leak talk, even after Rep "Deconfirmed" the leak. And to be honest, I still think that there is evidence the leak is real now

Edit: Also if you reading the post, if you wondering the source of the leak that is mentioned in the post, it's right here

Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl podría agregar a Ren & Stimpy, Garfield y Aang – Imágenes Filtradas Exclusivas | PC Master Race Latinoamérica (pcmrace.com)
...Eeeh, I don't know; I feel the fact that one of the developers themselves came up and acknowledged it in that manner kind of hurts it.

Plus, I'm reminded of what happened with the Grinch Leak; how so many people pointed out supposed evidence to suggest it was real...and well, look what happened.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

I don't think that Garfield is likely because his show on Nick hasn't even premiered yet, and as a result very few people associate the character with Nick.

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman

No ****ing way are we seriously at a point where we're just not going to listen to a dev's words for the sake of blind speculation.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just a random thought, but if Garfield is actually in the game I think they could give the franchise two characters and go with Garfield is Odie. Garfield is big enough to deserve multiple characters like Spongebob, TMNT and Loud house.

What would you think of the roster if the final few announcement are:
Ren & Stimpy
Aang
Korra
Second Avatar character
Garfield
Odie

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Just a random thought, but if Garfield is actually in the game I think they could give the franchise two characters and go with Garfield is Odie. Garfield is big enough to deserve multiple characters like Spongebob, TMNT and Loud house.

What would you think of the roster if the final few announcement are:
Ren & Stimpy
Aang
Korra
Second Avatar character
Garfield
Odie
Odie would be incredible. Just how big Garfield is, IMO, completely 100% nullifies his (current) lack of relevance to Nick. The way I see it, if you have the opportunity to put Garfield in your game, you just kinda take it regardless of logic.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I dunno, I think there might be something here. The fact that the models are being made by Fair Play and not Ludosity might mean this could be a leak from them and not from within Ludosity, in which case they're likely using different tools (i.e. not Unity) and Rep wouldn't even know since he's at Ludosity, not Fair Play. Plus, you gotta admit that those models are suspiciously spot-on, especially considering some of them like Nigel haven't had models since the PS1 era, if at all, and it includes CatDog and April, who were announced not 24 hours before these images started circulating. CatDog admittedly was a freebie since he's been widely known to be on the boxart for a while now, but I don't see how one could pull an April model out of their ass like that; as far as another TMNT character, the conversation was basically between a third turtle and Shredder, and for the mysterious boxart silhouette, people were unironically speculating Movie Dora over her. Unless someone made a crazy read, that means someone had less than 24 hours to cobble together a convincing April model. I'm not saying it's impossible, but combined with the remarkable fidelity of the other models on there, it's something to consider. There's also a couple of other weird inconsistencies like SpongeBob, Ren, and Stimpy having noticeably different models in the second image. Why would a fake leaker make two sets of models?

I dunno. I'm not making any assumptions here, but for now, I think it's worth keeping this leak in the back of our minds. I can see it being real, but I can also see it being an elaborate fake. (And even if the models are real, I don't think that necessarily means Garfield is in; I see him as a DLC pick more than anything, and this certainly wouldn't be the first time a legit leaker mixed fake **** in with real info.)

Last edited:

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
I dunno, I think there might be something here. The fact that the models are being made by Fair Play and not Ludosity might mean this could be a leak from them and not from within Ludosity, in which case they're likely using different tools (i.e. not Unity) and Rep wouldn't even know since he's at Ludosity, not Fair Play. Plus, you can't deny that those models are suspiciously spot-on, especially considering some of them like Nigel haven't had models since the PS1 era, if at all, and it includes CatDog and April, who were announced not 24 hours before these images started circulating. CatDog admittedly was a freebie since he's been widely known to be on the boxart for a while now, but I don't see how one could pull an April model out of their ass like that; as far as another TMNT character, the conversation was basically between a third turtle and Shredder, and for the mysterious boxart silhouette, people were unironically speculating Movie Dora over her. Unless someone made a crazy read, that means someone had less than 24 hours to cobble together a convincing April model. I'm not saying it's impossible, but combined with the remarkable fidelity of the other models on there, it's something to consider. There's also a couple of other weird inconsistencies like SpongeBob, Ren, and Stimpy having noticeably different models in the second image. Why would a fake leaker make two sets of models?

I dunno. I'm not making any assumptions here, but for now, I think it's worth keeping this leak in the back of our minds. I can see it being real, but I can also see it being an elaborate fake. (And even if the models are real, I don't think that necessarily means Garfield is in; I see him as a DLC pick more than anything, and this certainly wouldn't be the first time a legit leaker mixed fake **** in with real info.)
yea i'm very mixed right now on that. I do consider the fact that possibly it is though i'm leaning towards more not. Though very likely garfield was a dlc model though i think that's a far stretch.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
especially considering some of them like Nigel haven't had models since the PS1 era, if at all
At first I was gonna go "I don't think Nigel has ever been officially modeled in the first place until now", considering my only exposure to any polygonal Thornberry was Nicktoons Racing, which only has Eliza and Darwin as Wild Thornberrys reps.

But apparently this existed too:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Last thing we need is another Artsy Omni incident, please just accept that false leakers will go to any lengths for attention.
Yep. And again, I bring up the Grinch Leak and how the supposed "evidence" of it being real, up to and including how Nintendo wasn't commenting on it, led people to genuinely believe that it was real...and it was not to be.

Hell, in regards to Rep calling this "leak" out as fake, it's possible he's just doing that because he's aware that people will eventually start blowing this out of proportion and getting their hopes up, so he was just nipping this in the bud, similarly to how he nipped the Live-Action Dora thing in the bud by confirming that April was indeed "Leg Girl". In fact, I just realized that that box art leak was the only one so far that he sort-of acknowledged as legit.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Did Grinch Leak really hurt y'all that bad? I admit, I fell for that mess too, but you don't have me being all paranoid about it. I'm just entertaining a fun theory, and I'm not gonna have a mental breakdown if the funny meme cat isn't in Nick Smash. None of us are chanting in the streets "GARFIELD IS IN" or anything like that; most of us don't even seem convinced of the leak's validity, if anything. Let your guard down and have some fun, why don'tcha? Worst case scenario, ya got fooled by someone on the internet. Boo-hoo.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
I'm shocked at some of the responses in here. A lot of you are way too dismissive. The Grinch leak was a blurry mess that lasted as long as it due to it's circumstances surrounding it's creation at someone's job.

Really, why wouldn't Rep come out and say this is fake? A leak like this could get Ludosity and Fair Play in deep trouble if it spread and started getting covered by gaming sites. Viacom could potentially cut ties with them both.

There's a lot of oddities with this leak that don't add up. The models being eerily close to what we've been shown, the fact April is spot on a day after she was revealed, and Lincoln being 1:1 with what Rep shared.

The leak also came from a Latin American site while Fair Play Labs is located in Costa Rica. The images are clearly art assets, something Ludosity has no part in.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
View attachment 328206
It's surprising that CatDog managed to ratio April - not that it's a contest, but I didn't even know CatDog had a fanbase at all, let alone one strong enough to outweigh April's.
I'm not terribly surprised, considering I've heard some... disturbing backlash in response to April's inclusion. She didn't go over super well with the game's core audience, it seems. CatDog definitely stole the show this time, which is probably because a lot of the people that are following this game now were hooked by the 90's-2000's Nicktoons nostalgia most of the early roster elicited.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Man people really can't accept "it's not real" as an answer, especially when it includes people adore lmao.
Like who? ****ing Garfield? That's the only character in the leak that's not already confirmed, and most people treat him as a meme.
Regardless, I'm not entertaining the leak because I want Garfield to be in. I'm entertaining the leak because there's a potential story here we might be missing.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I think, WRT Catdog's response, there is something to be said about the attention got from awakening dormant nostalgia as opposed to targeting a known and existent fanbase. See also: How people reacted to Beat in Monkey Ball versus Morgana in Monkey Ball.

Also, some store pages have updated to have the Steam page description, but with Avatar being explicitly mentioned in them.

1630200295258.png

1630201264227.png

Obviously we all know that Avatar is coming, so this is not a reveal by any means, but I think it may be reasonable to conclude that Avatar content will be part of the next reveal and that it will be soon-ish...

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I've updated my predictions list based on all the new information discussed:

Basically Confirmed from Boxart
  • Ren & Stimpy (The Ren & Stimpy Show)
  • Aang (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
  • Korra (The Legend of Korra)

My Predictions
  • Rocko Rama (Rocko’s Modern Life) - I would be legitimately surprised if Rocko doesn't make the cut for the base roster. To me, he just checks all the boxes (One of the first nicktoons to be produced after the big 3, in several Nickelodeon crossover games in the past, extremely popular character, good moveset potential).
  • Toph Beifong (Avatar: The Last Airbender) - Stage theory really makes me believe we will get a 2nd Avatar character. Realistically, I can see it being either Toph, Katara, or Zuko, but I like Toph the most so I'm going with her. Plus, Toph has good moveset potential (I picture her like Little Mac where her ground attacks are much more powerful than her aerials since she relies heavily on the ground to see).
  • Jimmy Neutron (The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius) - My least confident prediction. Extremely popular, good moveset potential, etc. However, I could definitely see other characters getting in over him. Still, I would love it if this roster got a bit of that Neutron Style going on
I actually agree with this, I'll explain why a bit later. Brace yourselves, I've got a lengthy post planned

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Honestly, it reminds me more of the CacoMallow leak. One that's near-impossible to prove or disprove.

I think, WRT Catdog's response, there is something to be said about the attention got from awakening dormant nostalgia as opposed to targeting a known and existent fanbase. See also: How people reacted to Beat in Monkey Ball versus Morgana in Monkey Ball.
So yeah, that only reinforces my belief that Ludosity can and will go for a less popular show's character even if it's not a big brand name for Nick. Especially since they stated that they're not necessarily inclined to complete a show's main cast for the sake of it.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I kinda want to see where it goes from here. At the very least, we have been getting some interesting leaks which is more than I can say for this cycle of smash discussion and we wont be waiting that long for the game so we hopefully wont feel exhausted from it all.

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I kinda want to see where it goes from here. At the very least, we have been getting some interesting leaks which is more than I can say for this cycle of smash discussion and we wont be waiting that long for the game so we hopefully wont feel exhausted from it all.
This. I honestly appreciate leaks that may be fake since they at least get us talking at times when speculation would otherwise be dry (see: precisely when the Grinch Leak came about and the community had largely run out of things to talk about).

Faso115

Smash Lord
I don't get it. Why do people think we are getting a third Avatar character? Because the series has three maps?

Patterns, i can't escape them even outside of smash. It's always patterns.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I don't get it. Why do people think we are getting a third Avatar character? Because the series has three maps?

Patterns, i can't escape them even outside of smash. It's always patterns.
Its the stage theory. Currently for every revealed character, there has been a stage so the theory still stands. (even if Reptar doesnt have a stage of its own yet)

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Honestly I think we should stay hush about the leak for what Sponge mentioned. If it turns out to be true, Ludo and especially Fair Play could be in big trouble if more people find out.
Brilliant idea, honestly. People not getting into a toxic argument where they just repeat their position on it ad nauseam is a neat little bonus too.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Also, some store pages have updated to have the Steam page description, but with Avatar being explicitly mentioned in them.

View attachment 328207

View attachment 328208

Obviously we all know that Avatar is coming, so this is not a reveal by any means, but I think it may be reasonable to conclude that Avatar content will be part of the next reveal and that it will be soon-ish...
...Okay, you've got me curious about the Monkey Ball thing... what was the reactions you're talking about?

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My final stance on this leak is that because of Rep's comment, it's fake, and honestly, I don't see much of a point to discussing the leak itself because of that.
I don't think a leak necessarily needs to be real to be worth discussing. In my opinion, being willing and open to discuss leaks that might be fake is just part of the fun of speculation (provided they're substantial enough to talk about; we aren't talking 4chan text BS here).

Top Bottom