• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
This wouldn't surprise me at all, honestly. I know people love their nostalgia, but Loud House is their biggest modern success (though I've also heard good things about Glitch Techs).
Yeah, especially considering that the Loud House Movie was a massive success. I think that had the film been released in theaters it would have been a box office juggernaut, and TLH has the fourth highest amount of episodes of all the Nicktoons, only beaten by SpongeBob SquarePants, Rugrats, and the Fairly OddParents.

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
If we got another TLH sister I'd believe it would likely be Luna, since Ludosity tends to add characters who are "the coolest on their show".

She could use her guitar, other musical instruments, and various sound equipment as weapons. She could fire musical energy projectiles (like Dante in MvC). If we can't get voice acting in the game, at the very least she could play various songs on her guitar.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
I saw Rango was mentioned earlier, and while I don't think he's a lock in for DLC, I do think if people ask enough he's got a good chance as much as any other character, and also I wouldn't say Rango is that obscure or that nobody cares considering it's one of the only Nickelodeon films ever to win an Oscar, and to win the category of best animated picture over 2 DreamWorks features in 2011, and it has a pretty strong following and is still looked upon fondly today for the most part.

End of the day though he's a fair pick and shaming people for asking for him or claiming nobody cares is pretty crappy behavior.

On that note, regarding another character from a Nickelodeon movie (that didn't get a show afterwards), I think Nacho Libre could work as dlc (I think as a luchador wrestler he has the potential for an interesting grappler playstyle with maybe even some assists from his tag team partner), and I know that live action characters are very unlikely due to licensing issues since they have actor likeness, but he does have a work around: he could always wear his mask for the fight.

Don't know if that would work or be allowed (maybe having the same body shape as Jack Black would mean they'd till can't use him?) but just an idea I had for a potential fighter I think it's interesting

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The problem with Rango is that he uses a realistic pistol - though they could censor him to use a lasso, horses, and other not-as-violent western tropes. Rattlesnake Jake seems like a better choice IMO given he uses a gattling gun attached to his tail which, while still - if not more - violent, isn't easy to imitate or has the potential to offend.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Yeah, especially considering that the Loud House Movie was a massive success. I think that had the film been released in theaters it would have been a box office juggernaut, and TLH has the fourth highest amount of episodes of all the Nicktoons, only beaten by SpongeBob SquarePants, Rugrats, and the Fairly OddParents.
Man what is it about TLH that makes it so popular anyways?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Man what is it about TLH that makes it so popular anyways?
Similar case to SpongeBob - it's not a particularly unique or original show, it's just really well-written and has memorable characters. It being a more calm and slow show in the era Nick was creating stuff like Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners also helped (though both those factors unfortunately weren't too beneficial for poor Harvey Beaks - eh, we got Jellystone out of the failiure so mistakes into miracles)

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Yeah, honestly, I had a hard time getting into CatDog as a kid because of how miserable the show could get at times.
Honestly? Same. Although the movie was worth seeing after all the **** they went through before that point. Only other Nicktoons show that had this much schadenfreude was Invader Zim.

View attachment 328052

forgive me Jenny fans, I've succumb to the dark side
It's fine man, because I've had a theory regarding the more represented shows in the seemingly-base game.

Both Spongebob and TMNT have three characters as of now, while Loud House conspicuously has two (Ren & Stimpy notwithstanding since they don't have much to choose from anyway).

In regards to the third LH character, I could see it being either Ronnie-Ann, Lynn Jr. or Luna (and maybe save one of the elder sisters for DLC).

This wouldn't surprise me at all, honestly. I know people love their nostalgia, but Loud House is their biggest modern success (though I've also heard good things about Glitch Techs).
I do wonder if Glitch Techs will get the heroine in there, since anything after the 90s that isn't LH or already in is a big question mark as far as chances go, personal dev preferences or not.

i kinda have a feeling that ren& stimpy will be the only duo character since there is a lot of other duo nick characters(not counting catdog), I say this becuase i feel like if you have other duo characters if doesn't make much variety. Unless they consider using the duo as a pyra mythra ordeal or part of a certain attack or special like zim and gir.
Also, it makes sense in R&S' case since they had a game on Genesis where that was the main gameplay mechanic.

We could have had a The Lost Vikings style mechanic with the Aaahh!!! Real Monsters gang, but that clearly isn't an option, so.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
Oh I just think about something about a third Loue house rep. Apparently the team had difficulty to convince Nick to put Lucy in the game. If Lucy was that hard to get, would they even bother adding a third character, let alone someone less popular than her?
What I wanna know is what Loud House character Nick wanted instead if it wasn't going to be just Lincoln by himself.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, I have officially pre-ordered the game in full! Now it's just a matter of waiting for the release date!

Also, something I've been curious about: I'm wondering if, after the entire base roster's been revealed and the game's been out for a bit, the devs would be willing/able to divulge on what characters got in no problem and what ones were actually difficult (i.e. Nigel, Lucy, Powdered Toast Man, etc.) and why; that might also give a bit of insight into what Nick/Viacom's original roster idea was and why it was apparently so "un-imaginative" or "boring".

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Oh I just think about something about a third Loue house rep. Apparently the team had difficulty to convince Nick to put Lucy in the game. If Lucy was that hard to get, would they even bother adding a third character, let alone someone less popular than her?
It's possible that they already had another sister in the game already and Nick really didn't want to have two.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, I have officially pre-ordered the game in full! Now it's just a matter of waiting for the release date!

Also, something I've been curious about: I'm wondering if, after the entire base roster's been revealed and the game's been out for a bit, the devs would be willing/able to divulge on what characters got in no problem and what ones were actually difficult (i.e. Nigel, Lucy, Powdered Toast Man, etc.) and why; that might also give a bit of insight into what Nick/Viacom's original roster idea was and why it was apparently so "un-imaginative" or "boring".
I rather doubt it'll happen any time soon if DLC springs up as soon as we think it will.

amageish

Smash Master
I do wonder if Glitch Techs will get the heroine in there, since anything after the 90s that isn't LH or already in is a big question mark as far as chances go, personal dev preferences or not.
Yeah, I have seen some demand for Miko. It's a franchise I cannot claim much knowledge of myself, but there is certainly an argument to be had that super-modern characters help keep a roster fresh. I'm sure there'd be some complaints if the 2020s had more content then the 2000s (even though Avatar is technically 2000s), but still...

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
What I wanna know is what Loud House character Nick wanted instead if it wasn't going to be just Lincoln by himself.
I imagine they just wanted the main protagonists of all the shows they really like to push as the network's faces, except Tommy Pickles for beating-up-a-baby reasons.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I imagine they just wanted the main protagonists of all the shows they really like to push as the network's faces, except Tommy Pickles for beating-up-a-baby reasons.
I'm going to laugh for five minutes straight if Ludosity does go through with All Grown Up as a loophole. Please cap this, everyone.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I could actually see Tommy's exclusion being a Ludosity decision rather than a Nick decision given he is in SBU.
Honestly, I could see them go for Angelica instead. She's one of the more popular Rugrats and the eldest one anyway (plus it would make slightly more sense than Arnold being left out of his own show representation despite being in the danged title of it).

Of course, the big shooty lizard guy had to be prioritized first, but I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:

Brodemmars

Smash Apprentice
Well the developers noted that the original roster that Nick made was "boring" so I'd imagine that it would be one of the following:
Clyde - usually companies Lincoln in other games
Ronnie Ann - to promote The Casagrandes
Lynn - Tomboy jock who occasionally wrestles
The most popular sister/character on the show - I have no idea who it is though.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So I have some thoughts and things to point out
I always thought the reason Lucy was hard to get was because Nick would have prefer either another Sister, or more likely, Clyde or Ronnie Anne, especially the latter has she has her own Spinoff Show apparently

It's only speculative though. If that was the reason, then that would imply that Loud House is staying with 2 characters, at least for Base roster

---------

I'm really curious about what Nick's Roster actually looked like, and I'm also curious about how Ludocity's roster looked like, because going off the statement about "Having some picks" in regards to a question about Fanboy and Chum Chum, and also trying to get Alex Mack in, Ludocity's roster was definitely much more crazy than I think we will end up getting in the end (for Base roster anyway)

I Speculate Nick's Roster Had Ronnie-Anne in place of Lucy, Eliza instead of Nigel, Powdered Toast Man and April getting the shaft in favor of all 4 Turtles (since I'm sure Nick and Ludocity also took into account the amount of characters also), and perhaps more changes

I Speculate Ludocity's Roster was filled with more Niche Series and/or Characters that I don't think we will end up getting in the end, or Series that may have had licensing issues and such. While the Current Roster itself has had some crazy characters, the Actual Franchises represented are pretty safe all things considered. Some would say Ahh Real Monsters and Wild Thornberries, but those shows were still popular back in the day (So they have that nostalgia Factor). Invader Zim is technically the most niche going of Season count, but the show has very big fanbase, popularity, and
merchandise

We haven't gotten a Series like Fanboy and Chum Chum, El Tigre, Back at the Barnyard, Mighty B, The X's, Chalkzone, Sanjay and Craig, Harvey Beaks, Breadwinners, etc which are shows that are either much more niche, Overshadowed, or controversial. It also doesn't help that a good amount of these shows aired in the Late 2000's to 2010's, which I think is the era that's gonna get the least amount of Focus since they not only have the least amount of Nostalgia, but Nick either didn't allow the shows to flourish in the minds of the viewers, or the shows themselves were more mediocre during this period than back then. Loud House is an exception since that was the breakout hit of the 2010s

And I'm kinda worried it might stay that way for Base roster. If Avatar is getting a 3rd character, then we only have 2 more slots left, and there are still shows like Rocko Modern Life, Rocket Power, Angry Beavers, etc that still has nostalgia going for them (or in the case of Rocko, Revivals in the current age), nevermind potentially still going to already represented franchises for characters still.

I also think if DLC is a thing, It's gonna be dominated by Popular characters form Popular franchises, or Popular franchises held back perhaps by Licensing (Looking at Fairly Odd Parents as an example), or just Popular franchises that didn't make it into Base

This seems to be a Compromise roster at the end of the day. I think with with some of the DLC or a Sequel, I think Ludocity is gonna have more control over the roster, but I think as of now, Things are gonna be safe in terms of the Franchises represented. I think what's been crazy is some of the actual characters chosen

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So I have some thoughts and things to point out

I always thought the reason Lucy was hard to get was because Nick would have prefer either another Sister, or more likely, Clyde or Ronnie Anne, especially the latter has she has her own Spinoff Show apparently

It's only speculative though. If that was the reason, then that would imply that Loud House is staying with 2 characters, at least for Base roster

---------

I'm really curious about what Nick's Roster actually looked like, and I'm also curious about how Ludocity's roster looked like, because going off the statement about "Having some picks" in regards to a question about Fanboy and Chum Chum, and also trying to get Alex Mack in, Ludocity's roster was definitely much more crazy than I think we will end up getting in the end (for Base roster anyway)

I Speculate Nick's Roster Had Ronnie-Anne in place of Lucy, Eliza instead of Nigel, Powdered Toast Man and April getting the shaft in favor of all 4 Turtles (since I'm sure Nick and Ludocity also took into account the amount of characters also), and perhaps more changes

I Speculate Ludocity's Roster was filled with more Niche Series and/or Characters that I don't think we will end up getting in the end, or Series that may have had licensing issues and such. While the Current Roster itself has had some crazy characters, the Actual Franchises represented are pretty safe all things considered. Some would say Ahh Real Monsters and Wild Thornberries, but those shows were still popular back in the day (So they have that nostalgia Factor). Invader Zim is technically the most niche going of Season count, but the show has very big fanbase, popularity, and
merchandise

We haven't gotten a Series like Fanboy and Chum Chum, El Tigre, Back at the Barnyard, Mighty B, The X's, Chalkzone, Sanjay and Craig, Harvey Beaks, Breadwinners, etc which are shows that are either much more niche, Overshadowed, or controversial. It also doesn't help that a good amount of these shows aired in the Late 2000's to 2010's, which I think is the era that's gonna get the least amount of Focus since they not only have the least amount of Nostalgia, but Nick either didn't allow the shows to flourish in the minds of the viewers, or the shows themselves were more mediocre during this period than back then. Loud House is an exception since that was the breakout hit of the 2010s

And I'm kinda worried it might stay that way for Base roster. If Avatar is getting a 3rd character, then we only have 2 more slots left, and there are still shows like Rocko Modern Life, Rocket Power, Angry Beavers, etc that still has nostalgia going for them (or in the case of Rocko, Revivals in the current age), nevermind potentially still going to already represented franchises for characters still.

I also think if DLC is a thing, It's gonna be dominated by Popular characters form Popular franchises, or Popular franchises held back perhaps by Licensing (Looking at Fairly Odd Parents as an example), or just Popular franchises that didn't make it into Base

This seems to be a Compromise roster at the end of the day. I think with with some of the DLC or a Sequel, I think Ludocity is gonna have more control over the roster, but I think as of now, Things are gonna be safe in terms of the Franchises represented. I think what's been crazy is some of the actual characters chosen
As far as I can see, I could see half of the DLC being really popular requests/characters, and the remainder of it being more experimental characters chosen by the staff that are pretty much just there for anyone that's still following the game and don't mind something off the beaten path (and because the staff think they're cool).

Besides, there's only a handful of seemingly unpopular properties I'd like to see get into the game anyway, so I'm not too fussy about it. I just got one of my six main wants so things are potentially looking good for me.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
You know, living in the world of CatDog wouldn't be great and not good.

Imagine being born different and trying to fit in with others only to be abused and tormented too many times as well go through miserable suffering and bullying.
(I feel bad for the two who have to go through this a lot.)
Always felt bad for CatDog at times as well, Rocko from "Rocko's Modern Life" got treated pretty crappy too, But I'd say CatDog got it worse, Especially dealing with "The Greasers" and "Rancid Rabbit" on a somewhat regular basis.

It's probably what makes me pull for them so much as their always seen as "Underdogs" and constantly get the short end of the stick and Spongebob aside both also happen to not just be my favorite 90's Nicktoons as a kid, But also "All-Time" favorite Nicktoons overall.

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
Apparently another difference is that Nickelodeon wanted to use the characters from TMNT 2012, but Ludocity really pushed for 1987 TMNT

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Always felt bad for CatDog at times as well, Rocko from "Rocko's Modern Life" got treated pretty crappy too, But I'd say CatDog got it worse, Especially dealing with "The Greasers" and "Rancid Rabbit" on a somewhat regular basis.

It's probably what makes me pull for them so much as their always seen as "Underdogs" and constantly get the short end of the stick and Spongebob aside both also happen to be my favorite 90's Nicktoons as a kid.
At least the Greasers I can see as Doronbo trio/Team Rocket equivalents on a good day, but yeah, screw Rancid Rabbit.

Similar case to SpongeBob - it's not a particularly unique or original show, it's just really well-written and has memorable characters. It being a more calm and slow show in the era Nick was creating stuff like Sanjay and Craig and Breadwinners also helped (though both those factors unfortunately weren't too beneficial for poor Harvey Beaks - eh, we got Jellystone out of the failiure so mistakes into miracles)
It helps that I think it's admirable for the Louds' parents to have managed to birth so many kids, yet the time was still taken to have their names all start with the same letter.

Apparently another difference is that Nickelodeon wanted to use the characters from TMNT 2012, but Ludocity really pushed for 1987 TMNT
Seeing the timing of this and Shredder's Revenge's developments, it makes me wonder if Nick tried not to be bamboozled into approving an 80s Turtles-related project for the second time (since DotEmu and Tribute Games took the opportunity when Nick didn't specify whether their Turtles game had to be based on a specific era).

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
Seeing the timing of this and Shredder's Revenge's developments, it makes me wonder if Nick tried not to be bamboozled into approving an 80s Turtles-related project for the second time (since DotEmu and Tribute Games took the opportunity when Nick didn't specify whether their Turtles game had to be based on a specific era).

Maybe. Though Nickelodeon, even after buying the series, has continued the tradition of having a lot of different incarnations (comics, cartoons, movies, video games). Shredder’s Revenge is just Ninja Turtles, but Nick All-Star Brawl is a celebration of Nickelodeon cartoons. While I do like the 80s turtles and it’s technically a Nick cartoon retroactively, I can understand Nick wanting to do a series that they contributed to and would represent Nick’s history.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Maybe. Though Nickelodeon, even after buying the series, has continued the tradition of having a lot of different incarnations (comics, cartoons, movies, video games). Shredder’s Revenge is just Ninja Turtles, but Nick All-Star Brawl is a celebration of Nickelodeon cartoons. While I do like the 80s turtles and it’s technically a Nick cartoon retroactively, I can understand Nick wanting to do a series that they contributed to and would represent Nick’s history.
On that topic, I also think this is the reason we won't see Garfield in this game. Sure, he's owned by Nick, but he still don't have his own Nick cartoon. If they want to celebrate Nickelodeon legacy, as much as I like Garfield and he's a huge character that anyone can recognize, he just doesn't represent Nick's history yet. If there's a second game, I do think Garfield will pretty much be a lock unless the series have really poor review or something.

FreeFox

Smash Lord

And this is what I am banking for. 3 more characters and I will have my dream roster. I can only hope they make it in on this iteration.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty anxious at the very possible outcome of Ren and Stimpy being separate fighters rather than a duo, thus taking up another precious spot for the base roster. Another Avatar rep seems like a given unless Stage Theory has been a massive coincidence this whole time and if Ren and Stimpy end up being separate fighters, that leaves 1 spot left, most likely for Rocko, another Loud House character, or a more Ludosity-esque pick

I'm definitely at the point where I'm not expecting Timmy or Jenny in the base roster at all. Frederator is another company that would have to be attached to allow them and Timmy's track record, despite being from a pretty popular Nicktoon, is pretty bad ever since Toybots. And there has yet to be a Nicktoons game that had Jenny playable without Timmy as well, so if Timmy is out, then Jenny is most likely out of the running as well (the possibility of no Frederator characters at launch also rules out a Chalk Zone rep for the base roster but I don't think most were expecting that anyways)

However I haven't completely lost faith in Jimmy. He's appeared in stuff without Timmy (unlike the vice versa most of the time) and, let's be real, would probably be easier to translate to a fighting game than Timmy anyways. And while I didn't initially put much stock in the Jimmy Neutron box set announced recently, it is telling that Nick is interested in seeing if JN is still a beloved Nick series by doing something like that after all this time. I still don't think he's all that likely, but I'd say he's far from out of the running at this point for base roster like Timmy or Jenny are

So, Rocko, a third Loud House rep, Jimmy Neutron or a more Ludosity-esque "we wanted this character because they'd be cool" pick. I'd say Rocket Power still has a shot, was in a couple of Nicktoons games in the past and would definitely be unique. We have 2 stages total yet to be revealed though (that aren't tied to characters that is, total we have 4 absent but have yet to see a Rugrats or 2nd Ren and Stimpy stage), which again Stage Theory is making me lean towards Ren and Stimpy being a duo and thus opening up a slot, but I still have a weird feeling that they may not be

Something worth noting is that if October 5 is a legit release date, they could technically reveal a character per week, what with having 6 characters left to officially reveal. If they take this format, then I'm almost certain Ren&Stimpy will be a duo though, as I really don't see them revealing Stimpy one week and then Ren the following week, etc

Basically we're closing in on the endgame and it's time to start putting our expectations in check, but what we've got so far is pretty dang great and I wouldn't call a single character choice bad so far

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Well the developers noted that the original roster that Nick made was "boring" so I'd imagine that it would be one of the following:
Clyde - usually companies Lincoln in other games
Ronnie Ann - to promote The Casagrandes
Lynn - Tomboy jock who occasionally wrestles
The most popular sister/character on the show - I have no idea who it is though.
"Most popular sister"

That might have been Luna.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm not gonna lie I'm pretty anxious at the very possible outcome of Ren and Stimpy being separate fighters rather than a duo, thus taking up another precious spot for the base roster. Another Avatar rep seems like a given unless Stage Theory has been a massive coincidence this whole time and if Ren and Stimpy end up being separate fighters, that leaves 1 spot left, most likely for Rocko, another Loud House character, or a more Ludosity-esque pick

I'm definitely at the point where I'm not expecting Timmy or Jenny in the base roster at all. Frederator is another company that would have to be attached to allow them and Timmy's track record, despite being from a pretty popular Nicktoon, is pretty bad ever since Toybots. And there has yet to be a Nicktoons game that had Jenny playable without Timmy as well, so if Timmy is out, then Jenny is most likely out of the running as well (the possibility of no Frederator characters at launch also rules out a Chalk Zone rep for the base roster but I don't think most were expecting that anyways)

However I haven't completely lost faith in Jimmy. He's appeared in stuff without Timmy (unlike the vice versa most of the time) and, let's be real, would probably be easier to translate to a fighting game than Timmy anyways. And while I didn't initially put much stock in the Jimmy Neutron box set announced recently, it is telling that Nick is interested in seeing if JN is still a beloved Nick series by doing something like that after all this time. I still don't think he's all that likely, but I'd say he's far from out of the running at this point for base roster like Timmy or Jenny are

So, Rocko, a third Loud House rep, Jimmy Neutron or a more Ludosity-esque "we wanted this character because they'd be cool" pick. I'd say Rocket Power still has a shot, was in a couple of Nicktoons games in the past and would definitely be unique. We have 2 stages total yet to be revealed though (that aren't tied to characters that is, total we have 4 absent but have yet to see a Rugrats or 2nd Ren and Stimpy stage), which again Stage Theory is making me lean towards Ren and Stimpy being a duo and thus opening up a slot, but I still have a weird feeling that they may not be

Something worth noting is that if October 5 is a legit release date, they could technically reveal a character per week, what with having 6 characters left to officially reveal. If they take this format, then I'm almost certain Ren & Stimpy will be a duo though, as I really don't see them revealing Stimpy one week and then Ren the following week, etc

Basically we're closing in on the endgame and it's time to start putting our expectations in check, but what we've got so far is pretty dang great and I wouldn't call a single character choice bad so far
Yeah I think Rocko is the safest bet honestly at this point considering that he was in the last kart racing game and he's from the 90's. If there's a last "Ludosity pick", I could actually see Rocko having two characters and Really really big man being playable. Considering what they did with Powdered toast man, this feels like the type of character they would like.

Honestly I don't think they will announce a character by week, but I think we will have news every other week. My guess is that Korra and both Avatar characters could be announced the same day, then maybe Ren & Stimpy and Rocko has a double reveal for the 90's nostalgia, and end with one last reveal which could be anything (Really really big man, Dora, Rocket power). And yeah I don't really see Timmy or Jenny happening. Honestly since the begining I wasn't confident with Jenny because she's from the 2000's and was always smaller than Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron or other 2000's Nicktoons. I was pretty confident with Winx club chances but the more I think about it I'm not too sure anymore. I kind of hope we get Winx club just for the sake of having more different franchise, but at this point I don't care too much honestly.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
On that topic, I also think this is the reason we won't see Garfield in this game. Sure, he's owned by Nick, but he still don't have his own Nick cartoon. If they want to celebrate Nickelodeon legacy, as much as I like Garfield and he's a huge character that anyone can recognize, he just doesn't represent Nick's history yet. If there's a second game, I do think Garfield will pretty much be a lock unless the series have really poor review or something.
I don't think Garfield would be held off for a second game, they would probably add him as DLC if he isn't part of the base roster already ( which I doubt but is always possible)

He's been a pretty high choice due to his popularity, legacy as a cultural icon, and even his meme-status, and the fact Nickelodeon has an upcoming Garfield show in the works it would probably be likely they would want to strike while the iron is hot and get him more exposure by adding him to the game whenever possible

Even if he currently isn't that relevant to Nickelodeon's own history, his status outside of Nickelodeon as a hugely popular and recognizable character means he's probably gonna happen at some point or another

Also personally besides liking Garfield and thinking he'd have a pretty fun moveset, I just wanna see Garfield and Michelangelo in another property together cus then I can meme about this thing that barely anyone remembers lol
5l2rxo~2.jpg

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Is Loud House still good after all these years, or has it dropped in quality? I'm asking this as someone who's never watched it.
I was kind of forced to stop watching after around season 2 due to no longer having cable television and recently watched the Loud House movie, I quite liked it. Not sure if that tells you much or not but

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Yeah I think Rocko is the safest bet honestly at this point considering that he was in the last kart racing game and he's from the 90's. If there's a last "Ludosity pick", I could actually see Rocko having two characters and Really really big man being playable. Considering what they did with Powdered toast man, this feels like the type of character they would like.
I hope that Rocko makes it. He is a MW of mine. So many funny jokes and it has some new funny value to watch older with a new point of view.

I don't think Garfield would be held off for a second game, they would probably add him as DLC if he isn't part of the base roster already ( which I doubt but is always possible)

He's been a pretty high choice due to his popularity, legacy as a cultural icon, and even his meme-status, and the fact Nickelodeon has an upcoming Garfield show in the works it would probably be likely they would want to strike while the iron is hot and get him more exposure by adding him to the game whenever possible

Even if he currently isn't that relevant to Nickelodeon's own history, his status outside of Nickelodeon as a hugely popular and recognizable character means he's probably gonna happen at some point or another

Also personally besides liking Garfield and thinking he'd have a pretty fun moveset, I just wanna see Garfield and Michelangelo in another property together cus then I can meme about this thing that barely anyone remembers lol
View attachment 328111
Oh no! The memories are coming back....

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Small and inconsequential, but I don't think Reptar was a "compromise" of any sort. Even if the babies were playable Reptar's still the only notable kaiju-esque character in the Nick multiverse and highly popular - it's sure as hell funny to think "no, we can't beat up babies, put in the in-universe fictional dinosaur instead" was a real conversation, but I don't think that was the case. More just a happy coincidence that this popular and battle-fit character comes from an iconic show with few viable options,

Anyway, my predictions for the remaining roster, assuming stage theory and Frederator theory to be true, are:

Aang
Korra

either Zuko or Toph
Ren
Stimpy

either Rocko, Jimmy Neutron, Garfield, or a 4th SpongeBob rep.

Last edited:

Shadowvegeta

Smash Cadet

View attachment 328111
A classic in animation history.

amageish

Smash Master
Something worth noting is that if October 5 is a legit release date, they could technically reveal a character per week, what with having 6 characters left to officially reveal. If they take this format, then I'm almost certain Ren&Stimpy will be a duo though, as I really don't see them revealing Stimpy one week and then Ren the following week, etc

I do think some faster reveals makes sense. In particular, I low-key wonder if Nick would maybe nudge them into revealing something Avatar next week, as that's when the official Avatar TTRPG's KickStarter is coming to a close. It definitely doesn't need any marketing help (it is currently rocking a solid $9,318,773 raised when the initial goal was $63,110 ((numbers in Canadian dollars))), but it'd probably be a good chance for cross-promotion. It could explain why it seems like half the unrevealed fighters are from one franchise...

That said, yeah, I am very happy with this roster. It was never going to be as big as Smash on first try and, even as a late-90s/early-2000s kid whose main nostalgia is for cartoons that are not currently in the roster, I am more then content with the picks made and the prioritization of some unique/funny movesets with characters like Powdered Toast Man.

Top Bottom