• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not convinced Garfield will be base game material honestly

Im willing to bet the Garfield acquisition happened mid development of this game, well after the roster was decided.

That being said, I think he's very plausible if DLC comes to be.
Hasn't this game just been in development for a little over a year? Because Viacom acquired Garfield in mid-2019.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hasn't this game just been in development for a little over a year? Because Viacom acquired Garfield in mid-2019.
Huh, could've sworn they said they started right after Slap City finished up, which wouldve put em around 2018/2019 or so.

Nevermind that then

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
No it's Toph, because the new stage is based on Omashu, which is a part of the Earth Kingdom.
...Except I'm pretty sure Stage Theory doesn't mean that each stage has to be an exact match for each character.

As I pointed out before, Sandy has nothing to do with the Flying Dutchman (outside of Battle for Bikini Bottom, and even that feels like a stretch), and with April's reveal, we don't really have anyone from Ninja Turtles that really fits with the Technodrome, so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that Toph is the third Avatar character just because the stage is from the Earth Kingdom.

Heck, I don't think Toph ever really visited Omashu anyways. If they wanted a stage for her, you'd think they'd go with Ba Sing Se or something.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
View attachment 328020
new and improved roster prediction
Let's see: 14 represented shows from across Nick's history (with some old and new mixed in), four of which being my favorite Nicktoons of all time, and some pretty out there reps like April, Powdered Toast Man, Oblina, and Nigel?

Yeah, I'd say I'd be pretty damned satisfied if this were our base roster!

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Honestly at this point I care more about the gameplay, do the devs answer stuff about that as I really want to know why the hell April reflected multiple moves. Also, Danny does a dash in the air and I'm wondering if it's those universal air grabs
they have been very closed door about how blocking works, and they keep referring to it as blocking instead of shielding, I get the feeling we may be getting a parry mechanic instead. Heck I think I saw PTM do something like that in April's trailer at one point

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Honestly at this point I care more about the gameplay, do the devs answer stuff about that as I really want to know why the hell April reflected multiple moves. Also, Danny does a dash in the air and I'm wondering if it's those universal air grabs
they have been very closed door about how blocking works, and they keep referring to it as blocking instead of shielding, I get the feeling we may be getting a parry mechanic instead. Heck I think I saw PTM do something like that in April's trailer at one point
Speaking of which, I am really curious about how Lucy´s coffin attack works. Like it seems to inflict damage upon touching it but it can be hit and interrupted but not really interrupted.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, here's a thought...

What if the unlockable stuff is bonus games involving the game shows?

This might be a controversial/weird opinion... but honestly I still think Dora has a shot to get in the game (although not like the biggest chances ever of every character). On the GamesRadar article about Live action characters the team said: "I'd assume they don't feature a giant, two-ton hammer suddenly produced from your back pocket," Nyström says when asked about including live-action fighters. "There's just so much weird and zany stuff to draw from the animated shows! And there is no shortage of amazing characters there.". Despite the lack of live-action fighters, the team "fought to include" some unexpected fighters like Powdered Toast Man from The Ren & Stimpy Show.

So it seems that Live action characters were not seriously considered because of moveset potential (they don't have enough zanny stuff to do a moveset with), with the exception of Alex Mack who probably was considered for her telekinesis power. That being said, the team wanted unexpected fighters, and they "fought to include some of them". I don't think it's impossible that they at least considered a Nick Jr rep if they wanted characters that was never playable before in crossover Nick games. And they are still cartoon, so they would have plenty of weird and zanny stuff to do moveset with.
Jenny and Rocko are still plausible picks to show up in the base game. I can see Garfield, a Jimmy Neutron character, someone from FOP, Rango, and the Angry Beavers as prime DLC material
Yeah, I mean this is the age of deep cuts, when even Street Fighter is adding practically obscure characters like Abigail and Lucia. With DLC, it's getting simpler to include those, and most Nickelodeon games never got that far until now.

The minute they hit DLC, the sky's the limit for Game Mill and Ludosity.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So, here's a thought...

What if the unlockable stuff is bonus games involving the game shows?

Yeah, I mean this is the age of deep cuts, when even Street Fighter is adding practically obscure characters like Abigail and Lucia. With DLC, it's getting simpler to include those, and most Nickelodeon games never got that far until now.

The minute they hit DLC, the sky's the limit for Game Mill and Ludosity.
Does the sky have a limit?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So I'm curious: has it been confirmed that grabs/throws are a thing?

Because if so, and if Jenny ends up in the game (either base or DLC), I would love it if her grab was her stretchy arms and extendo-fingers!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I'm curious: has it been confirmed that grabs/throws are a thing?

Because if so, and if Jenny ends up in the game (either base or DLC), I would love it if her grab was her stretchy arms and extendo-fingers!
We know of air grabs as Patrick did one in the announcement trailer and Danny seems to try one but that's a universal mechanic so I doubt Jenny would use then

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You know, living in the world of CatDog wouldn't be great and not good.

Imagine being born different and trying to fit in with others only to be abused and tormented too many times as well go through miserable suffering and bullying.
(I feel bad for the two who have to go through this a lot.)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
You know, living in the world of CatDog wouldn't be great and not good.

Imagine being born different and trying to fit in with others only to be abused and tormented too many times as well go through miserable suffering and bullying.
(I feel bad for the two who have to go through this a lot.)
Yeah, honestly, I had a hard time getting into CatDog as a kid because of how miserable the show could get at times.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, honestly, I had a hard time getting into CatDog as a kid because of how miserable the show could get at times.
I have a hard time understanding how the show got a TV-Y rating. I think the TV Parental Guidelines did the right thing by eventually restricting the TV-Y rating to the kind of shows that'd be on Nick Jr., not mainline Nick.

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Jenny and Rocko are still plausible picks to show up in the base game. I can see Garfield, a Jimmy Neutron character, someone from FOP, Rango, and the Angry Beavers as prime DLC material
Dude, with all due respect, nobody gives two ****s about Rango. It's a ten-year old average as hell movie who barely anyone remembers, and that includes Nickelodeon itself. Don't get your hopes up for him.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
The most miserable would be Invader Zim where the characters live in a world where everyone fails at everything they try almost all the time.

(Don't know if Lincoln counts due to what he had to go through during Season 1 and 2 of Loud House being mean spirited to him?)

LimeTH

Smash Lord
The most miserable would be Invader Zim where the characters live in a world where everyone fails at everything they try almost all the time.

(Don't know if Lincoln counts due to what he had to go through during Season 1 and 2 of Loud House being mean spirited to him?)
What's funny is ZIM wound up working for me more. I haven't seen CatDog in years so my perception of it is probably off, but I think it's that in ZIM, the failures and mishaps of the characters are such over the top, explosive, spectacular failures that it's more entertaining than depressing.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
First off, I want to start by saying that I believe Rep. I'm much more inclined to believe the word of an actual developer than trust a leak blindly, but I wanted to discuss a few things regarding this leak that has me.... well, stumped.

As for the leak itself, while some models do look rather ugly (Ren and Stimpy), I'm amazed at how accurate a majority of these models are to the ones we've seen in NASB.

At first, I thought maybe Nick provided guidelines for this kind stuff and potentially someone used some another Nickelodeon game to get the models. The issue with that logic is that none of these models shown here are used in any other Nick games. Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 does not have any of these models. Characters like Nigel haven't had a model since the original Playstation, and yet his model here looks accurate. The turtles, Spongebob, Patrick, Catdog, pretty much every announced character here looks accurate to their in game models.

From what I understand, Fair Play Labs is the developer behind the models for this game. So it isn't a case of Nick giving out models to the devs or something.

lincolns.jpg

So here's what I don't understand. Left is what Rep shared in the community discord server, and right is from the leak. Outside of a few details missing, these models are 1:1. This isn't the same Lincoln model from Kart Racers 2. If this leak is truly fake, then I'm stumped at how they managed to accurately recreate or find these models. Personally, while I believe Rep... something doesn't add up.

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
First off, I want to start by saying that I believe Rep. I'm much more inclined to believe the word of an actual developer than trust a leak blindly, but I wanted to discuss a few things regarding this leak that has me.... well, stumped.

As for the leak itself, while some models do look rather ugly (Ren and Stimpy), I'm amazed at how accurate a majority of these models are to the ones we've seen in NASB.

At first, I thought maybe Nick provided guidelines for this kind stuff and potentially someone used some another Nickelodeon game to get the models. The issue with that logic is that none of these models shown here are used in any other Nick games. Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 does not have any of these models. Characters like Nigel haven't had a model since the original Playstation, and yet his model here looks accurate. The turtles, Spongebob, Patrick, Catdog, pretty much every announced character here looks accurate to their in game models.

From what I understand, Fair Play Labs is the developer behind the models for this game. So it isn't a case of Nick giving out models to the devs or something.

View attachment 328046

So here's what I don't understand. Left is what Rep shared in the community discord server, and right is from the leak. Outside of a few details missing, these models are 1:1. This isn't the same Lincoln model from Kart Racers 2. If this leak is truly fake, then I'm stumped at how they managed to accurately recreate or find these models. Personally, while I believe Rep... something doesn't add up.
well, we'll find out in a month or so

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
well, we'll find out in a month or so
5 weeks to go! I'll leave it at that, no use trying to inspect a leak any further when a dev has specifically stated it's fake.

Damage control from devs or a high effort leak with a remarkably high turnaround time? No sense in speculating when we'll find out soon enough.

Last edited:

Fields - Ultimate's Great

Smash Journeyman
Dude, with all due respect, nobody gives two ****s about Rango. It's a ten-year old average as hell movie who barely anyone remembers, and that includes Nickelodeon itself. Don't get your hopes up for him.
This tbh, everyone is throwing any suggestion that had any association with Nick and it's just plain ridiculous.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
is it really necessary to put down other peoples most wanteds though? It's one thing if they're expecting them but you can still be civil about it
Re-read the guy's post. He says he sees Rango as "prime DLC material," which seems to indicate he actually believes they'll put Rango in the game. If there's one character they would definitely NEVER put in the game, it's this character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Re-read the guy's post. He says he sees Rango as "prime DLC material," which seems to indicate he actually believes they'll put Rango in the game. If there's one character they would definitely NEVER put in the game, it's this character.
That doesn't change how Field was needlessly rude as there's no reason to act like this entire game is anything serious

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I think QuickGaming knows. He said

is it really necessary to put down other peoples most wanteds though? It's one thing if they're expecting them but you can still be civil about it
The point is that you can be nice while making your argument. Nothing bad to ask for.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
View attachment 328052

forgive me Jenny fans, I've succumb to the dark side
This isn't that unrealistic. Honestly I'd be okay with it as long as it's someone more interesting than Clyde. Like Luna or something.

I'm actually kind of hoping there are only two Louds and two Avatar characters so we have more room for other characters from other shows, and this is coming from someone who likes TLH and loves Avatar. If it happens it happens though, so I'll just hope the character choices are good.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
This isn't that unrealistic. Honestly I'd be okay with it as long as it's someone more interesting than Clyde. Like Luna or something.

I'm actually kind of hoping there are only two Louds and two Avatar characters so we have more room for other characters from other shows, and this is coming from someone who likes TLH and loves Avatar. If it happens it happens though, so I'll just hope the character choices are good.
with how inventive CatDog and April's movesets seem to be, I'd love to see their take on Luan

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
i kinda have a feeling that ren& stimpy will be the only duo character since there is a lot of other duo nick characters(not counting catdog), I say this becuase i feel like if you have other duo characters if doesn't make much variety. Unless they consider using the duo as a pyra mythra ordeal or part of a certain attack or special like zim and gir.

Top Bottom