• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed a lot of people in the community getting rather hostile over the turtles, would it genuinely be frustrating to anyone if we got all four?
They are basically included for publicity reasons. It's like getting annoyed over Wolverine getting in a Marvel game that has no X-Men, I guess.

I mean, various parts of this community gets peeved when anyone "gets in over" someone they want more in Smash, so this speculation is becoming that, but with different flavors.
Personally I believe a better comparison would be if a MvC game was going to add the Fantastic 4 to the roster and you only add two of them. Naturally there will be people who will ask "but where's the rest of them?". The reason why I believe the Fantastic 4 is a better comparison than the X-Men is because there's been different X-Men teams for decades, while the Fantastic 4 (aka Marvel's First Family) generally consists of the iconic 4 members (Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, the Human Torch, the Thing). Whether you're a fan of the source material or a casual/normie who is aware of the Fantastic 4 through entertainment presented by main stream media (live action movies, appearances in video games and cartoons) and just have basic knowledge of them, you would have enough of an understanding that teams like Fantastic 4, Battletoads, and to be on topic with the thread: the TMNT, are basically a unit. They're an iconic family team of heroes, and have always been presented like this to the masses as a group of 4 and nothing less, nothing more (no one cares about Jennika).

tl;dr: Adding the TMNT in a fighting game but only adding 2 of them is a real stupid idea to do regardless of how anyone feels. There's no reason to go half way with including all the turtles, a set of characters that have always been in different media as a group of ass-kicking brothers. Just like the Battletoads and the Fantastic 4, don't even attempt to fix what's not broken.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok my personal wishlist for the ultimate roster, i dont expect this many of them to make it, but for an Ultimate roster this is my idea!!!!

A few notes:
-I know rocko is like an obvious must, but I also feel like with surprises like Helga, Reptar and Nigel, that they may go with Heffer instead, as he is also well know. Or both... So that slot is for either of them!!!
--Kyle is there instead of Fanboy and Chum Chum mostly for move potential, and villan reps.(Also inspired by Neweraoutlaw on DeviantArt). Nothing against the two tho!
-No reason for Poof bring with Timmy, I'd just feel it be cool.
--Skullker is there for villan/anti hero rep. I was close to choosing Sam but I feel skullker has most ideas to work with.
-Sanjay and Craig are here ONLY for the potential usefulness of Craig, and more semi modern day reps, nothing else.
--I based Tak on the video games, especially Tak 2. Now this is depending on it's right of the series(pretty sure Nick owns the IP though).
-If there is a nick Jr rep... It should be Dora, I would like the young adult version, but I wouldn't mind the animated one they shown in her film too.
--I would very... VERY much not like any live action character, but if there had to be one, I wouldnt mind that Kid Danger, since he did have his very, Very short ncktoons run.
-Winx is owned by Nick for about 30% of it, and is pretty hugh in sales. I think it would work to have bloom in there as well!(I'd treat this as a Nintendo-pokemon deal with smash in total honestly)
--Honorable meantion: Villains that I'd like to see. I think for this game there will be more, but in a future game I'd like too see the ones. I do expect for this game to have some villains as boss tho.
-Side Characters and new nicks are Pretty self explanator stuff. I made Raph and Donnie other version because I like the idea of turtles being in different series style(won't happen this game but one can dream). I choose Lin over Toph for Korra reps... As much as I want Toph. Rango is the WTF character and penguin are my personal pick for DreamWorks.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Ok my personal wishlist for the ultimate roster, i dont expect this many of them to make it, but for an Ultimate roster this is my idea!!!!

A few notes:
-I know rocko is like an obvious must, but I also feel like with surprises like Helga, Reptar and Nigel, that they may go with Heffer instead, as he is also well know. Or both... So that slot is for either of them!!!
--Kyle is there instead of Fanboy and Chum Chum mostly for move potential, and villan reps.(Also inspired by Neweraoutlaw on DeviantArt). Nothing against the two tho!
--Skullker is there for villan/anti hero rep. I was close to choosing Sam but I feel skullker has most ideas to work with.
-Sanjay and Craig are here ONLY for the potential usefulness of Craig, and more semi modern day reps, nothing else.
--I based Tak on the video games, especially Tak 2. Now this is depending on it's right of the series(pretty sure Nick owns the IP though).
-If there is a nick Jr rep... It should be Dora, I would like the young adult version, but I wouldn't mind the animated one they shown in her film too.
--I would very... VERY much not like any live action character, but if there had to be one, I wouldnt mind that Kid Danger, since he did have his very, Very short ncktoons run.
-Winx is owned by Nick for about 30% of it, and is pretty hugh in sales. I think it would work to have bloom in there as well!(I'd treat this as a Nintendo-pokemon deal with smash in total honestly)
--Honorable meantion: Villains that I'd like to see. I think for this game there will be more, but in a future game I'd like too see the ones. I do expect for this game to have some villains as boss tho.
-Side Characters and new nicks are Pretty self explanator stuff. I made Raph and Donnie other version because I like the idea of turtles being in different series style(won't happen this game but one can dream). I choose Lin over Toph for Korra reps... As much as I want Toph. Rango is the WTF character and penguin are my personal pick for DreamWorks.
Kyle as the sole rep for FBCC
F***in based:4pacman:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

A few notes:
Interesting, a second Danny Phantom rep would be hype.
I think I would just swap someone there for the beavers and I would be pretty hype. Lots of representation in relatively possible number of characters. I am impressed.
Not really into Kid Danger but I suppose he probably has his fans.
And I wouldnt feel bad about Fanboy and Chum Chum, they are out of the race anyway so at least a rep for the series would be appreciated.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Personally I believe a better comparison would be if a MvC game was going to add the Fantastic 4 to the roster and you only add two of them. Naturally there will be people who will ask "but where's the rest of them?". The reason why I believe the Fantastic 4 is a better comparison than the X-Men is because there's been different X-Men teams for decades, while the Fantastic 4 (aka Marvel's First Family) generally consists of the iconic 4 members (Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Woman, the Human Torch, the Thing). Whether you're a fan of the source material or a casual/normie who is aware of the Fantastic 4 through entertainment presented by main stream media (live action movies, appearances in video games and cartoons) and just have basic knowledge of them, you would have enough of an understanding that teams like Fantastic 4, Battletoads, and to be on topic with the thread: the TMNT, are basically a unit. They're an iconic family team of heroes, and have always been presented like this to the masses as a group of 4 and nothing less, nothing more (no one cares about Jennika).

tl;dr: Adding the TMNT in a fighting game but only adding 2 of them is a real stupid idea to do regardless of how anyone feels. There's no reason to go half way with including all the turtles, a set of characters that have always been in different media as a group of ass-kicking brothers. Just like the Battletoads and the Fantastic 4, don't even attempt to fix what's not broken.
You know this is funny as they did want to add the Fantastic Four to MvC3 but after difficulty with thinking of how to make Thing unique, giving Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman full movesets and Human Torch being too taxing for the game to handle, they settled with Super Skrull who has all 4's powers

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

You know this is funny as they did want to add the Fantastic Four to MvC3 but after difficulty with thinking of how to make Thing unique, giving Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman full movesets and Human Torch being too taxing for the game to handle, they settled with Super Skrull who has all 4's powers
Also, FOX having the movie rights for them. Even the LEGO GAMES ran into this problem.

A few notes:
I think that Nick would purposely avoid Sheen because of Planet Sheen having bombed massively. It's telling when even Return to the/Barnyard was better-liked than that show.

In regards to live action characters, likenesses would be a legal hurdle anyway, but Kid Danger is an adequate loophole.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, FOX having the movie rights for them. Even the LEGO GAMES ran into this problem
That didn't matter for 3, you're thinking of the stuff that happened for Infinite in which Ike Perlmutter did indeed **** the roster over because of movie right holders

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Honestly, I just want an Avatar platform fighting game. There are too many good characters.
All 6 in Team Avatar, All 4 in new Team Avatar, All 5 of the White Lotus, all 4 of the Red Lotus, All 3 of Azula's gang, The other villains (Avatar, Korra seasons 1,2,4)...not even getting into other potentials- Spirits, Animals, Jet, the Dai Li, Blue Spirit, etc.
True

............that was a joke.
I noticed that too but a bit late!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That didn't matter for 3, you're thinking of the stuff that happened for Infinite in which Ike Perlmutter did indeed **** the roster over because of movie right holders
Yeah, fair point. MvC3 was more of characters getting left out, initially or otherwise, for silly excuses like :ultmegaman: "not having a moveset that can be made naturally" or some Marvel characters being "too punchy". But that's neither here nor there.

At least we know here that Nick is just being out-of-touch regarding people's interest in some of their characters.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
130522D1-588E-406D-BEC0-17E87F8B560E.jpeg

Not sure if this matters much but apparently there’s a decent amount of Nick shows that haven’t gotten reruns this year, and aside from Avatar and Korra, none of the characters added so far are from shows that haven’t rerun this year. And I imagine they left out Avatar and Korra due to their overarching plots and the fact that they were added to Netflix as of late

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
View attachment 325744
Not sure if this matters much but apparently there’s a decent amount of Nick shows that haven’t gotten reruns this year, and aside from Avatar and Korra, none of the characters added so far are from shows that haven’t rerun this year. And I imagine they left out Avatar and Korra due to their overarching plots and the fact that they were added to Netflix as of late
KaBlam would be due to copyright issues on certain sketches and its use of licensed music more than anything else. Maybe Oh Yeah! Cartoons would have similar rights issues? And you know that's definitely the case with the Dreamworks cartoons. Keep in mind there is still plenty of things in regards to KaBlam that Nick definitely holds the rights to, otherwise they wouldn't have shoved Henry and June down your throat during the late 90s.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Shredder leak?
A text leak that got removed by the NASB Discord mods - said Shredder would be in instead of the remaining turtles, the mystery girl is LA Dora, the mystery foot is just Mikey, and the remaining fighters include Rocko, Jimmy, Krabs, Zuko, and the Beavers

Last edited:

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
A text leak that got removed by the NASB Discord mods - said Shredder would be in instead of the remaining turtles, the mystery girl is LA Dora, the mystery foot is just Mikey, and the remaining fighters include Rocko, Jimmy, Krabs, Zuko, and the Beavers
Did people miss a couple days ago when one of the devs said nothing has been leaked so far? Lol

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Sounds like we are back to, "I like Turtles, all 4 is a requirement," and, "I have no opinion on the Turtles, might as well get other characters."

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So this one is back with a vengeance:
I believe that this is fake for obvious reasons, most notably the inclusion of the Angry Beavers themselves. Nick rarely (if ever) acknowledges that show's existence and it has never been represented in any Nicktoons crossover games since the show's ending. I also don't think that they would have only two turtles, and adding Mr. Krabs over Squidward is odd.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I believe that this is fake for obvious reasons, most notably the inclusion of the Angry Beavers themselves. Nick rarely (if ever) acknowledges that show's existence and it has never been represented in any Nicktoons crossover games since the show's ending. I also don't think that they would have only two turtles, and adding Mr. Krabs over Squidward is odd.
I agree for the same reasons, but they haven’t completely abandoned it, apparently it got reruns on NickRewind this year

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I agree for the same reasons, but they haven’t completely abandoned it, apparently it got reruns on NickRewind this year
That's not enough, considering that they outright scrapped their intended cameo appearance in "Schooled", the Season 5 premiere of the Loud House. Also, this rumor has an expiration date. If we don't get a new trailer by tomorrow it's fake.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I was just bringing back the leak that is currently being discussed so that everyone knows what is being pinpointed. Not saying whether its real or fake.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I was just bringing back the leak that is currently being discussed so that everyone knows what is being pinpointed. Not saying whether its real or fake.
That’s fine, not faulting you, but it’s basically already been deconfirmed

Though it has warmed me up to the idea of Mr. Krabs as a 4th Spongebob rep

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
To be honest, Krabs would work better as a fighter than Squidward since he was an adventurer

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
To be honest, Krabs would work better as a fighter than Squidward since he was an adventurer
I don't know, I think you can easily make a moveset with Squidward. His unique body shape alone could be used in interesting way, but he can use many things like the clarinet, his bike or the reef blower. He could also spit Ink like in Ink Lemonade or transform into Captain Magma for a move.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
still plenty of things in regards to KaBlam that Nick definitely holds the rights to
And one of those things would be its most popular sketches, Action League Now

If one of its members were to get in, how many action figure-y details would they retain? One thing they definitely have to keep is The Flesh's Ken doll crotch, with its lack of a you-know-what. And I'm also curious if they'd be animated in a stop-motion style like on the show.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569

A few notes:
hugh.PNG

Bottom text.

(In all seriousness, you've got some god tier taste).

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
View attachment 325744
I lose more hope for Kablam every day. And they straight-up forgot about Making Fiends's existence lol

Top Bottom