• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
And this also deconfirms a Breadwinners rep, although one was very unlikely anyways.
Not only that, but also this shows that the devs are looking are more recent Nicktoons to pull stuff from for the game. Shows like Sanjay & Craig, The Adventures of Kid Danger, The Casagrandes, and who knows; maybe even It's Pony or Glitch Techs could get some representation in this game, playable or otherwise.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Not only that, but also this shows that the devs are looking are more recent Nicktoons to pull stuff from for the game. Shows like Sanjay & Craig, The Adventures of Kid Danger, The Casagrandes, and who knows; maybe even It's Pony or Glitch Techs could get some representation in this game, playable or otherwise.
It’s Pony premiered only a few months or so before they started working on the game didn’t it? They could’ve added them but that’s definitely cutting it close

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Well, it happens. But hey, this helps us better define the possible characters. Someone should probably make a list of deconfirmed.
Way ahead of you. Here's what I got so far...
Nickelodeon Shows Deconfirmed
The Secret World of Alex Mack, Fanboy & Chum Chum, Making Fiends, Catscratch, Mr. Meaty, Robot and Monster

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
View attachment 326109
I get the feeling the devs aren’t big fans of Breadwinners either lol
I wonder if that means that we're getting other interactables. I wonder if he was a stage hazard on a Breadwinners stage (if that's the case we might still get the stage) or if he was supposed to be an item (if that's the case we will probably have others.)

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I wonder if that means that we're getting other interectables. I wonder if he was a stage hazard on a Breadwinners stage (if that's the case we might still get the stage) or if he was supposed to be an item (if that's the case we will probably have others.)
On the topic of this idea, what interactable characters or stage elements do you guys think would happen for every stage and which ones do you wanna see happen?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Continuing from that episode idea, I thought it'd be fun to make a list of one episode tied to each fighter, presumably to be unlocked by clearing their classic mode. I generally went with either the most memorable or most character-fitting episode. (usually the prior for one-characters shows and the latter for multi-characters shows)

SpongeBob: Ripped Pants
Patrick: Chocolate with Nuts
Sandy: Karate Choppers
Leonardo: Super Bebop and Mighty Rocksteady ('87)
Michaelangelo: The Case of the Killer Pizzas ('87)
Lincoln: Anti-Social
Lucy: Raw Deal
Reptar: Reptar on Ice ('91)
Helga: Helga's Makeover (was gonna use Helga on the Couch, but would anyone really want to beat up a character they just saw going to therapy?)
Invader Zim: FBI Warning of Doom
Ren & Stimpy: Space Madness ('91) (would go to Stimpy if seperate characters, wheras Ren would get Sven Hoek ('91))
Powdered Toast Man: Powdered Toast Man ('91)
Oblina: Monsters Don't Dance
Nigel: Forget Me Not
Danny: Pirate Radio
Aang: The Boy in the Iceberg
Korra: The Avatar Returns (the idea with the Avatar reps is that the first two episodes are there to get people hooked on a serialised series)
CatDog: all you need is lube CatDog's End

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of this idea, what interactable characters or stage elements do you guys think would happen for every stage and which ones do you wanna see happen?
Well, from the trailer, we know that the Flying Dutchman is present in the background of the ship stage. I would much rather see the Dutchman as a boss battle, but I could see him being a stage hazard that could summon pirates from his ghostly crew to attack the fighters. Or he could simply shoot lasers like he does in revenge of the flying Dutchman and battle for bikini bottom.

In a similar sense, we've also seen the Box Ghost in the background of the ghost zone stage. I could also see him just chucking boxes as projectiles at the other fighters. Or maybe have other ghosts like Technus, The Lunch Lady Ghost, or that Genie Ghost peek out from the doors floating around the stage and shoot ghost beams at the opponents. Maybe each ghost could have their own type of beam/attack to make them stand out? Honestly, the ghost zone stage has a lot of potential

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
They could just drop it on twitter and youtube, they don't really need a big event.
I mean Nintendo also tended to do that back in 2020 with major game reveals, they outright did that with Joker of all characters with his showcase direct.
I think I remember reading somewhere that Teenage Robot has a bit of a cult following, but that's all I know of.
That's mostly because Jenny is a cute robot girl, and you know how Japan is with their cute grills.

Fun Fact: In Speak No Evil, Jenny could only speak Japanese, but in the Japanese dub she could only speak English.

In general though, i don't think Japanese appeal should be taken into account. Outside of the globally popular Spongebob (and Maybe TMNT) Nickelodeon is Western Only when it comes to popularity. It is popular outside of US (Mlaatr, Jimmy Neutron and FoP in Latin America for example) but it was so unpopular in Japan that Nickelodeon as a Network Stopped being a thing in 2009, and was only brought back in 2018. also in the same way how Atelier was a Japan exclusive content at a Direct (where as the International version repleaced it with a WWE Shovelware game) the same could be done with Nick All Stars as exclusive content in an international Direct.

and yes i know the Indie Showcase came and went and didn't show ****, i just wanted to post this.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Continuing from that episode idea, I thought it'd be fun to make a list of one episode tied to each fighter, presumably to be unlocked by clearing their classic mode. I generally went with either the most memorable or most character-fitting episode. (usually the prior for one-characters shows and the latter for multi-characters shows)

SpongeBob: Ripped Pants
Patrick: Chocolate with Nuts
Sandy: Karate Choppers
Leonardo: Super Bebop and Mighty Rocksteady ('87)
Michaelangelo: The Case of the Killer Pizzas ('87)
Lincoln: Anti-Social
Reptar: Reptar on Ice ('91)
Helga: Helga's Makeover (was gonna use Helga on the Couch, but would anyone really want to beat up a character they just saw going to therapy?)
Invader Zim: FBI Warning of Doom
Ren & Stimpy: Space Madness ('91) (would go to Stimpy if seperate characters, wheras Ren would get Sven Hoek ('91))
Powdered Toast Man: Powdered Toast Man ('91)
Oblina: Monsters Don't Dance
Nigel: Forget Me Not
Danny: Pirate Radio
Aang: The Boy in the Iceberg
Korra: The Avatar Returns
CatDog: all you need is lube CatDog's End
SpongeBob: Bubble Buddy
Patrick: Chocolate with Nuts (I agree. Its perfection)
Sandy: Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm
Leonardo: Leonardo is missing
Michaelangelo: Michaelangelo the sacred turtle
Lincoln: Picture Perfect
Reptar: Toy Palace
Helga: Helga's Parrot/Olga comes home
Invader Zim: While I love "Zim eats Waffles", lets pick Hobo 13.
Ren & Stimpy: Stimpy's Fan Club
Powdered Toast Man: Powdered Toast Man
Oblina: Monster Who Came In From The Cold
Nigel: Nigel Knows Best
Danny: Fanning the Flames
Aang: The Great Divide The Boy in the Iceberg
Korra: The Avatar Returns
CatDog: that scary dental episode Brother's day

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
So, my first episode set went down well - now for the "leaked" characters because why not?

Rocko: Zanzibar
Beavers: Muscular Beaver
Dora: Baby Commercial (Rugrats '91) (decided to tie Dora into a Rugrats episode since that show has the biggest overlap between Nick and Jr.)
Krabs: Bossy Boots
Jimmy: Birth of a Salesman
Zuko: Southern Air Temple
Shredder: The Old Switcharoo ('81)

and some characters people have been wanting...

Garfield: Binky Gets Cancelled Again! (Garfield & Friends)
Jenny: I Was a Preschool Dropout
Hugh: Men at Work (may as well have the meme episode for the meme character)
Squidward: Band Geeks
Timmy: A Wish Too Far!
Otis: Hypno-A-Go-Go
Doug: Doug Rocks ('91)
El Tigre: Old Money

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Hugh: Men at Work (may as well have the meme episode for the meme character)
Taco Shack, Taco Shack,
You'll eat cheese
Until you yack!
Frijoles there
Are always black!
GIVE A BIG PIÑATA WHACK!
Taco Taco Taaaaaaaco Shaaaaaaack!
Yeehaw!

Great episode list btw. Band Geeks would be an absolute must for Squidward.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I've been thinking about that Breadwinners comment - what could "interactable" mean? Just a stage hazard/cameo? Some sort of item or summon system? Will there be a hub world where characters like Arnold, Tommy, e.t.c. appear for you to talk to? This is at least assuming that comment was meant literally (which wouldn't be too surprising - turning widely hated cartoon characters into punching bags is nothing new) and not just a gag made up on the spot (which is more likely)

The Smash Nerd II.0.

Smash Journeyman
The Adventures of Kid Danger
Nope (besides I don't count that show as a Nicktoon and more of a animated sitcom), Also anyone from The Casagrandes, It's Pony or Glitch Techs make more sense to put in this game than the main characters of Henry Danger (which Adventures of Kid Danger is a spin-off of said show)

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I've been thinking about that Breadwinners comment - what could "interactable" mean? Just a stage hazard/cameo? Some sort of item or summon system? Will there be a hub world where characters like Arnold, Tommy, e.t.c. appear for you to talk to? This is at least assuming that comment was meant literally (which wouldn't be too surprising - turning widely hated cartoon characters into punching bags is nothing new) and not just a gag made up on the spot (which is more likely)
Well, from watching a video analyzing Slap city, there were stages with hazards in that game, so yes, its possible there might be some stages with hazards here.

Nope (besides I don't count that show as a Nicktoon and more of a animated sitcom), Also anyone from The Casagrandes, It's Pony or Glitch Techs make more sense to put in this game than the main characters of Henry Danger (which Adventures of Kid Danger is a spin-off of said show)
Well, how does the network treat the show? I think what matters the most is if Nickelodeon thinks they are a nicktoon or they dont.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Taco Shack, Taco Shack,
You'll eat cheese
Until you yack!
Frijoles there
Are always black!
GIVE A BIG PIÑATA WHACK!
Taco Taco Taaaaaaaco Shaaaaaaack!
Yeehaw!
And just what do you expect me to do with this pinata stick?

...Don't answer that.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Apparently Nick Brawl had its release date briefly changed to November? This could be miscommunication but apparently my dad got an email saying it had been delayed to November. An error perhaps, or is it silhouette box all over again? Can anyone who has also preordered NASB (Switch, UK specifically?) confirm or deny getting such an email?

EDIT: I was thinking, maybe this pose Nigel does in the trailer is him falling after a flying squirrel glide? Not exactly a savannah animal but still a well-known one.
4AD64648-47BF-4BC1-B2FA-70BE6B72A8A2.jpeg

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Apparently Nick Brawl had its release date briefly changed to November? This could be miscommunication but apparently my dad got an email saying it had been delayed to November. An error perhaps, or is it silhouette box all over again? Can anyone who has also preordered NASB (Switch, UK specifically?) confirm or deny getting such an email?

EDIT: I was thinking, maybe this pose Nigel does in the trailer is him falling after a flying squirrel glide? Not exactly a savannah animal but still a well-known one.
View attachment 326331
Like I was saying, it's likely that Ludosity want to take their time making the game so it can be good. Other than that, I'm not sure what the extra time would be used for, DLC approval?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Like I was saying, it's likely that Ludosity want to take their time making the game so it can be good. Other than that, I'm not sure what the extra time would be used for, DLC approval?
Well, we didn't even know a release date in the first place so it may as well just been November all along.

EDIT: The idea of a good Nick platfighter has been a dream of mine for almost decades now, so my mind had already kinda normalised the idea of "Nigel Thornberry wavedashing" or "the Reptar vs. Aang matchup" long before this was announced - that being said, I made this comment and even then the absurdity of it caught me off-guard once it left my head and arrived on Reddit.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, we didn't even know a release date in the first place so it may as well just been November all along.

EDIT: The idea of a good Nick platfighter has been a dream of mine for almost decades now, so my mind had already kinda normalised the idea of "Nigel Thornberry wavedashing" or "the Reptar vs. Aang matchup" long before this was announced - that being said, I made this comment and even then the absurdity of it caught me off-guard once it left my head and arrived on Reddit.
A shame about the release date..... but hey, this might mean more time polish everything.

I like this idea. I hope there are gimmicks or special mechanics in at least some characters. Having some "unique characters" mechanically gives it a different flavour.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
A shame about the release date..... but hey, this might mean more time polish everything.

I like this idea. I hope there are gimmicks or special mechanics in at least some characters. Having some "unique characters" mechanically gives it a different flavour.
Hey, at least you folks get to know when it releases. I'm still stuck here waiting to hear a release date for Shredder's Revenge, which is coming this year too.

and-still-waiting.jpg

Top Bottom