• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I can see why you picked Faning the Flames to be Danny's episode! Someone also picked Pirate Radio, a lot of Ember love going around! She's a very popular member of Danny's rogue's gallerym and if we got three Danny Phantom reps I can definitely see her getting in after Vlad.
I consider her to be able to bring a potentially interesting moveset since she has her guitar special powers, her special talent to become more powerful and even fire. Also, I love her song. A shame it was never shown completely on the show.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Yoshi's floatiness would fit both his species and his show's curvy ary style I feel. If there are indeed unified counters the brain popping out could be his counter while his side smash could be smashing a parking meter into his foe's head like the Fatheads
One of his attacks should be him riding on a jack hammer:
rocko-rockos-modern-life.gif

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Well, the kart racing games only had original music and no remixes at all.
If they can’t get the actual shows’ music, I wonder if they’d make remixes of the original songs from the recent kart games instead of making only completely original music this time.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
You know? You brought up a good point. I havent considered it but Ren and Stimpy could end up being separate characters though I am hoping they are our duo fighter of the game.
I've been thinking people were putting too much faith in every single duo becoming a duo fighter in the first place. Like, I've already been predicting Ren and Stimpy as separate fighters already, but besides that, Norbert and Daggett could also end up being alts of each other. CatDog on the other hand...yeah they have to be a single fighter.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 326600
Speculation ahoy!

Plus with Gamescom next week I have a funny feeling….
At this point, I am just dying to get some full gameplay footage. I would take basically any kind of info. on how a single character fights or plays. It doesn't have to be fancy; just a 2 minute match between Spongebob Squarepants and Lincoln Loud in the Ghost Zone would be totally fine

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I honestly don't understand why (even I) made the assumption that Ren and Stimpy would be a duo character, other than the name of the show making it easy to say both in one swoop.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Personally, until officially stated otherwise, I'm gonna assume that Ren & Stimpy are gonna be a duo fighter ala Duck Hunt or Banjo & Kazooie.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but that's just the feeling I have right now.
That makes it two of us. There isnt many characters that could work as potential duos that are also likely characters so I can only hope for the best.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Looking at the cover art again, I do think that there's a possibility that Ren and Stimpy are separate character. They're next to each other, which could mean a connection but they don't seems to be interacting with each other (like having Ren on top of Stimpy or something).

That being said, I was personally thinking that having them together would give them more moveset potential. Something else to keep in mind is that we already have Powdered toast man as a Ren & Stimpy show rep, so if both are separated this would make 3 characters for this franchise alone and maybe they would want to avoid too many characters of the same franchise (with the exception of TMNT and Spongebob).

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Something else to keep in mind is that we already have Powdered toast man as a Ren & Stimpy show rep, so if both are separated this would make 3 characters for this franchise alone and maybe they would want to avoid too many characters of the same franchise (with the exception of TMNT and Spongebob).
At the same time, R&S is one of Nick's favorite shows to pander to nostalgia to, so I doubt they'd mind it having three reps.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Well, the kart racing games only had original music and no remixes at all.
If they can’t get the actual shows’ music, I wonder if they’d make remixes of the original songs from the recent kart games instead of making only completely original music this time.
Even better, they could outright yank the songs from the recent kart games, unedited, without making any iota of effort whatsoever.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hey, so I have a quick question: apparently there's an event going on next week called "Gamescom" and I'm wondering what that's about and if there are usually game announcements that happen at it?

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Hey, so I have a quick question: apparently there's an event going on next week called "Gamescom" and I'm wondering what that's about and if there are usually game announcements that happen at it?
There's no guarantee that a new announcement will happen at Gamescom, but it could be possible, and i hope it does because im tired of waiting for an announcement.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Different publisher, but BfBB Rehydrated did show off at Gamescom so there is prescedent for Nick games there. I don't know if GameMill have ever shown anything off there though, and TBH I don't know if they've even had a release this big before.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
TBH I don't know if they've even had a release this big before.
Is it even big as in "big marketing budget/budget in general"? Sure it's attracted interest from being made by the Slap City devs, rollback netcode, and a roster featuring Nicktoons new and old but that doesn't necessarily mean GameMill is spending a lot more than usual.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Is it even big as in "big marketing budget/budget in general"? Sure it's attracted interest from being made by the Slap City devs, rollback netcode, and a roster featuring Nicktoons new and old but that doesn't necessarily mean GameMill is spending a lot more than usual.
By "big" I mean hype and attention.

To be fair, Big Rigs likely has a bigger impact to gaming as a whole than Nick Brawl will ever have, but that's not exactly for the hype.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I decided to also do another roster prediction. I decided to do a 28 characters roster, which seems realistic but I wouldn't be shocked we would get less than that (I would be more surprised to have more than that). Here's the image and below my thought process on some characters:
Nick-roster2.png

-Squidward: I'm pretty confident with his chance, he was always one of the most important Spongebob characters and I don't see why they would have put Sandy and not him.
-Mr. Krabs: I'm less confident with his chances than Squidward, but Spongebob is huge and I figured that if TMNT would have 5 characters Spongebob could probably too. To be honest if I had to delete one character and add a random slot instead I would probably delete him.
-The 4 turtles: like many point in this thread, there was never a game where only some of the turtles were playable, so I decided to add them all (by the way I just picked the first images on google images, I didn't bother finding the good turtles design)
-April O' Neil: I went back and forth between her and Shredder, but I thought that the roster might have not enough female character so I decided on her. I do think Shredder could happen, but I doubt we would get all of them and end up with 6 TMNT characters.
-Timmy: feels like an obvious choice, was always one of the most popular Nicktoons
-Ren & Stimpy: I add them as a duo, but I wouldn't be shocked if they're separate.
-Zuko: Avatar is hugely popular so I think we could see not only Aang but another character from this franchise.
-Dora: I'm guessing she's the one on the boxart? Honestly if it's not her then I don't think she will be in.

Characters that I've strongly considered but end up not putting them in the roster:
-Shredder (See April O' Neil section)
-Jimmy Neutron: I'm not sure why but Jimmy is rarely used in those crossover games, so I just dismissed him.
-Jenny Wakeman: I wasn't too sure on her chance honestly. While the show was popular, it seems to have less nostalgia around it than stuff like Ren & Stimpy or Danny Phantom, and unlike Winx club there's no revival or nothing new with this show so unfortunately I didn't put her here. If I have one more slot I would probably add her.
-Otto Rocket (from Rocket power): I feel like it could happen because of nostalgia (considering that we already have Ahh real monsters), but with such a small roster I didn't really know how to make space for it so I abandonned him.
-Really really big man (From Rocko's modern life): I feel like it could happen as a "joke" character like Powdered toast man, but again with such a small roster it's hard to find space for this type of character so I end up dismissing him.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I decided to also do another roster prediction. I decided to do a 28 characters roster, which seems realistic but I wouldn't be shocked we would get less than that (I would be more surprised to have more than that). Here's the image and below my thought process on some characters:
View attachment 326972

-Squidward: I'm pretty confident with his chance, he was always one of the most important Spongebob characters and I don't see why they would have put Sandy and not him.
-Mr. Krabs: I'm less confident with his chances than Squidward, but Spongebob is huge and I figured that if TMNT would have 5 characters Spongebob could probably too. To be honest if I had to delete one character and add a random slot instead I would probably delete him.
-The 4 turtles: like many point in this thread, there was never a game where only some of the turtles were playable, so I decided to add them all (by the way I just picked the first images on google images, I didn't bother finding the good turtles design)
-April O' Neil: I went back and forth between her and Shredder, but I thought that the roster might have not enough female character so I decided on her. I do think Shredder could happen, but I doubt we would get all of them and end up with 6 TMNT characters.
-Timmy: feels like an obvious choice, was always one of the most popular Nicktoons
-Ren & Stimpy: I add them as a duo, but I wouldn't be shocked if they're separate.
-Zuko: Avatar is hugely popular so I think we could see not only Aang but another character from this franchise.
-Dora: I'm guessing she's the one on the boxart? Honestly if it's not her then I don't think she will be in.

Characters that I've strongly considered but end up not putting them in the roster:
-Jimmy Neutron: I'm not sure why but Jimmy is rarely used in those crossover games, so I just dismissed him.
-Jenny Wakeman: I wasn't too sure on her chance honestly. While the show was popular, it seems to have less nostalgia around it than stuff like Ren & Stimpy or Danny Phantom, and unlike Winx club there's no revival or nothing new with this show so unfortunately I didn't put her here. If I have one more slot I would probably add her.
-Otto Rocket (from Rocket power): I feel like it could happen because of nostalgia (considering that we already have Ahh real monsters), but with such a small roster I didn't really know how to make space for it so I abandonned him.
-Really really big man (From Rocko's modern life): I feel like it could happen as a "joke" character like Powdered toast man, but again with such a small roster it's hard to find space for this type of character so I end up dismissing him.
5 character for 2 series? I hope that isnt the case considering how few slots we might have.
Interesting picks. Overall, its a ncie roster.

DeviousFish

Smash Apprentice
I feel like mr.krabs would make sense to be in as a base character roaster or to be as dlc because it fits his character. The reason i say this is because mr.krabs can be a very unique character maybe potentially having some sort of money meter similar to cloud's or something. I also though of coin battle in smash, which could be a cool way to feel up a meter(if there ever is one). And also mainly he is a very expressive character that may be fun to animate like nigel. Though i feel like dlc seems likely

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
View attachment 326972

2 things

the reason Sandy is here before Squidward is because she's almost always the third playable choice for Nick games (Battle for Bikini Bottom, Kart Racers 1, Super Brawl Universe until a later update added Squidward) and that trio is now headlining Kamp Koral

Jimmy is used more than Timmy in crossover games (as far as playable appearances goes he's in the top 3 with Spongebob and Danny while Timmy is tied at 4th with Patrick and Zim)

solid prediction overall though

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Jimmy is used more than Timmy in crossover games (as far as playable appearances goes he's in the top 3 with Spongebob and Danny while Timmy is tied at 4th with Patrick and Zim)
Yeah but Nick isn't really catering to Jimmy Neutron nostalgia right now, even with memes like Sodium Chloride. If you look at, say, this official apparel collection you'll see how lacking in Jimmy Neutron the shirts with multiple Nicktoons are, even with shirts with brand-new stylized artwork where he wouldn't stick out with his CG.

Oh and that pinstripe shirt where it turns out the pinstripes are Doug Dimmadome's hat is great.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Yeah but Nick isn't really catering to Jimmy Neutron nostalgia right now, even with memes like Sodium Chloride. If you look at, say, this official apparel collection you'll see how lacking in Jimmy Neutron the shirts with multiple Nicktoons are, even with shirts with brand-new stylized artwork where he wouldn't stick out with his CG.

Oh and that pinstripe shirt where it turns out the pinstripes are Doug Dimmadome's hat is great.
Amazon recently listed an official box set of the whole series releasing this year so that's something

FreeFox

Smash Lord
ALso, I dont think that sells should be the whole basis for character deision. They are using the oldest ninja turtles and not every series is getting the main character as representation.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Amazon recently listed an official box set of the whole series releasing this year so that's something
oh

huh

still with how Nick seems to focus more on its 90s output I think it's Ludosity who's gotta blast any Jimmy Neutron rep into the roster.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Any 00s character in general, really. Some seem like a natural fit for a fighting game, and we only got Danny and some Avatar cast out of it so far.
FOP, Invader Zim, Danny Phantom, and Avatar are generally the only exceptions to Nick's 90s focus when it comes to Nicktoon nostslgia.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
5 character for 2 series? I hope that isnt the case considering how few slots we might have.
Interesting picks. Overall, its a ncie roster.
I checked for the latest kart racing games and it have 5 TMNT characters and 4 Spongebob characters for a 30 characters roster. So I don't think it's crazy that they could have again around the same amount of characters assuming the roster is around the same size.

Top Bottom