• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I checked for the latest kart racing games and it have 5 TMNT characters and 4 Spongebob characters for a 30 characters roster. So I don't think it's crazy that they could have again around the same amount of characters assuming the roster is around the same size.
I know there is a possibility. That is why I said I hope that isnt the case.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Thankfully Nick doesn't seem to ask them to add specific characters unlike Ultimate's Fighter's passes, so 90's bias won't be an issue unless that changes.
Didn't a Ludosity employee say they chose the 80s Turtles because they're (Ludosity), in their own words, "old"? A highly 90s centric roster is absolutely possible, but I'm OK with that - in fact, I'd actively encourage it. The 2000s stuff is great and I'd love Jimmy/Otis/Jenny/Timmy, don't get me wrong, but Nick (Nicktoons especially) is associated with the 90s for more than just nostalgia.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Although, aside from Doug (which now belongs to Disney) only 3 90s Nicktoons are left unrepresented on the roster, those being Rocko's Modern Life, The Angry Beavers, and Rocket Power.
Unfortunately I don't really see Angry beavers getting in because Nick seems to want to avoid using this show. I think among those 3, Rocko is the more safest one, but I could see Rocket power getting in too.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I don't really see Angry beavers getting in because Nick seems to want to avoid using this show. I think among those 3, Rocko is the more safest one, but I could see Rocket power getting in too.
Speaking of which, which are the top 3 series that each one sees as most likely to receive representation?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
The only 3 reasons I could imagine them not including Garfield are if:
  1. Nick doesn't want to overhype their upcoming Garfield show
  2. Nick doesn't want to confuse audiences unaware that Garfield is now a Nick property
  3. Jim Davis disapproved of Garfield in a fighting game.
None of those seem like particularly realistic outcomes though.
  1. Overhyping is the name of the game in Hollywood
  2. No corporation would want people to NOT know they now have an IP as major as Garf, especially considering that the official Nick social medias have already started posting about Garfield.
  3. Jim Davis is the man who approved Primal Self and Spooky Scavenger Hunt so I doubt he'd have qualms about Garfield giving SpongeBob a kick off the table or getting waterbended in his spiky gonads.
Since the Shredder leak seems to be disconfirmed, I do believe the "foot blob" is Garfield. I think a turtle would be too tall to fit in the space provided without completely covering up Dog or being covered by SpongeBob, especially since he's in a pose that somehow has his foot facing downwards.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
"whole roster" and "retro character" are my dream combination of words.
I was being sarcastic, since we'll get doomposting of "Ludosity mostly only cares about pre-Noughties, we're ****ed" for a bit in other places.

In all seriousness though, it would be a pleasant surprise if they do manage to push for DLC for this, at least then it'd make things even more unpredictable.

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
I was being sarcastic, since we'll get doomposting of "Ludosity mostly only cares about pre-Noughties, we're ****ed" for a bit in other places.

In all seriousness though, it would be a pleasant surprise if they do manage to push for DLC for this, at least then it'd make things even more unpredictable.
I agree. Though, I wonder how they would go about doing DLC. Would it be like the Fighter's Pass where we get a character, stage, and music? Or would they just periodically drop only new characters?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Honestly my guess with Garfield is that he might not be considered because his Nicktoons still hasn't aired and have no release date, so maybe Nick wants to wait for the actual show to release before using him in crossover game.
That was notably the reason why Lara Croft wasn't in PSASBR so that might be the reason why Garfield is not playable.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Guys, I speculate that the Final Boss of Arcade Mode (If there was) can be Dan Schneider acting like Tabuu and Hands from Smash or Polygon Man from PS allstars.
Can we have a Nickelodeon-related thread on ANY website without "haha foot man bad" for once? Thanks

Last edited:

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
Didn't a Ludosity employee say they chose the 80s Turtles because they're (Ludosity), in their own words, "old"? A highly 90s centric roster is absolutely possible, but I'm OK with that - in fact, I'd actively encourage it. The 2000s stuff is great and I'd love Jimmy/Otis/Jenny/Timmy, don't get me wrong, but Nick (Nicktoons especially) is associated with the 90s for more than just nostalgia.
You sure? Nick on the 2000's had some absolute bombshells, shows like Spongebob, Avatar, and Danny Phantom, which were way more significant than, say CatDog or Real Monsters. I really wouldn't encourage heavy gravitation towards one era of Nickelodeon, especially when Nick themselves already do it to frustrating degrees, and we already have enough of this issue in Smash itself.

Last edited:

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
View attachment 327096
This was stated in regards to the NickBrawl store descriptions that say stuff like “the largest roster ever assembled in a Nickelodeon fighting game”, which made people think we were getting 28 characters minimum

Figured it was worth sharing
I don't have anything to add aside from pointing out that amazing He-Carl pfp.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Just for fun, after my roster predictions I decided to do a stages prediction. We know from the official site that there will be "more than 20 stages" so I decided to do 24 stages (again, we could have less than that, but I doubt we'll get more because they would have probably said "more than 25 stages" instead).

Already confirmed stages:
Jellyfish field (Spongebob)
Glove universe (Spongebob)
Flying Dutchman ship (Spongebob)
New-York rooftop (TMNT)
Sewer (TMNT)
Technodrome (TMNT)
The dump (Ahh! Real monsters)
The kitchen (Ren & Stimpy)
The Loud house (Loud house)
Royal woods cemetery (Loud house)
Ghost zone (Danny Phantom)
Western air temple (Avatar)
Space (Invader Zim)

My stages idea:
Rock bottom (Spongebob)
Fairy stadium (Fairly oddparents)
Catdog’s house (Catdog)
Aang memorial island (Legend of Korra)
Spirit world (Legend of Korra)
Reptarland (Rugrats)
The jungle (Dora the explorer)
Chokey chicken (Rocko modern life)
Alfea (Winx club)
Man cave (Henry Danger)
Hidden temple (Legends of the hidden temple)

I try to avoid very generic stages like "Main character city" (like Bikini Bottom or Hillwood). I didn't have that much idea for Hey Arnold stages and Wild thornberry stages (I don't know those show that well), so instead I add 2 miscellanous stages based on live action show: Henry Danger and Legends of the hidden temple. While I don't think we'll see live action characters, the kart racing game had a Double dare stages, so I think those stages are possible.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
My stage ideas are the Playpen (Rugrats), Fairy World (FOP), Toy Palace (also Rugrats), Cluster Prime (My Life as a Teenage Robot), and Ocean Shores Skate Park (Rocket Power).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I think a psychedelic or weird stage like Alone or Stimpy's Bellybutton would be good.

I know the Breadwinners don't have the best reputation but the Rocket Van would be a perfect stage - fight on the rocket, go beneath it to fight on the cramped hood a la Corneria's laser, there's a little incline on the rocket with a cave of life, and dangerous fire you've gotta avoid coming out of the rocket. Just make the van a little flatter and the rocket a little longer so the rocket can be a cave of live with the hood, and add some bread slice platforms that fly in and out a la Big Blue/Umbra and there's a solid arena.

There are so many good choices for a Rugrats/Reptar stage, but the playpen in a similar style to Living Room sounds the best to me.

The Mr. Meaty deep frier would make a fun stage - the grease is basically Brinstar lava, and you have to fight on meat (and other animal body parts) that emerge and submerge while the puppets try to pick you up and serve you - hell, the same concept could work for the Krusty Krab or Chum Bucket, though for the prior you'd have to make the food a lot more apetising.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
View attachment 327199
I’m sharing on behalf of RingJ5 and Bimps who crafted this theory. It’s worth a read I’d say and it’s worth remembering that Smash Ultimate has a perfectly aligned CSS for its website (for base game, it’s first DLC wave AND it’s second DLC wave)
We currently know 20 characters (counting both the 14 that have officially been revealed and the 6 that have been leaked through the box art). This would mean that besides them there are 8 other characters left to be revealed.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
View attachment 327199
I’m sharing on behalf of RingJ5 and Bimps who crafted this theory. It’s worth a read I’d say and it’s worth remembering that Smash Ultimate has a perfectly aligned CSS for its website (for base game, it’s first DLC wave AND it’s second DLC wave)
Nice discovery. 28 characters sounds like a nice fit. Well, time for everyone to redo their character prediction lists.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
It sounds plausible in a literal sense, but 28 characters in a year and a half? That’d literally be a new record for a non-Smash platform fighter period (even factoring in DLC)

Anyways Ring is making a second part to this theory, I’ll share it here when it’s ready

dlewis53

Smash Lord
We currently know 20 characters (counting both the 14 that have officially been revealed and the 6 that have been leaked through the box art). This would mean that besides them there are 8 other characters left to be revealed.
...Wait, 6 characters leaked in the box art?

I count:
Ren & Stimpy (for now, I'm counting as one since not only are they right next to each other, but you can see Ren's arm around Stimpy's back)
Aang
Korra
CatDog

Even if Ren & Stimpy are counted as two, that still leaves five. So who's the sixth one?

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
...Wait, 6 characters leaked in the box art?

I count:
Ren & Stimpy (for now, I'm counting as one since not only are they right next to each other, but you can see Ren's arm around Stimpy's back)
Aang
Korra
CatDog

Even if Ren & Stimpy are counted as two, that still leaves five. So who's the sixth one?
I was talking about the mysterious girl on the cover that no one has been able to identify.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
It sounds plausible in a literal sense, but 28 characters in a year and a half? That’d literally be a new record for a non-Smash platform fighter period (even factoring in DLC)

Anyways Ring is making a second part to this theory, I’ll share it here when it’s ready
If I recall, at the start of the topic, there was a mention by the creators about more characters waiting to be revealed than we currently have so I suppose that numbers is close to the minimum to reach that goal, right?

Top Bottom