• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
It sounds plausible in a literal sense, but 28 characters in a year and a half? That’d literally be a new record for a non-Smash platform fighter period (even factoring in DLC)

Anyways Ring is making a second part to this theory, I’ll share it here when it’s ready
Maybe there's some clones to boost that number? I do agree that 28 seems a lot, even though I've put 28 characters in my own prediction.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Is that the one that people think is a turtle or Garfield´s feet?
Looking at it, I'm pretty sure it's neither; the foot clearly has a shoe of some sort and a rather human-looking leg, so I don't think it's a Ninja Turtle or Garfield.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Looking at it, I'm pretty sure it's neither; the foot clearly has a shoe of some sort and a rather human-looking leg, so I don't think it's a Ninja Turtle or Garfield.
The foot you're talking about is very widely agreed upon to be the live action Dora - it could be April O'Niel (though I doubt she of all characters would be on the box, especially so prominently), but it's probably Dora.

The foot Fox is talking about is below her, smaller, and a little bumpy.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
So, we would have 7 characters on the box art. 6 identified, 1 unidentifed and potentially 7 more characters, right?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The foot you're talking about is very widely agreed upon to be the live action Dora - it could be April O'Niel (though I doubt she of all characters would be on the box, especially so prominently), but it's probably Dora.

The foot Fox is talking about is below her, smaller, and a little bumpy.
Serious question: Why do people so readily assume that it's the live-action Dora? Especially since that would just be an absolute bizarre choice for a game that seems to be focusing on Nicktoons.

Hell, even IF Dora were in the game, one would think they'd go with the animated version to keep things consistent with the rest of the roster, not to mention that that movie has already been and gone and I haven't heard word of a sequel yet, so what would the point even be for including that version of the character?

Honestly, I just don't get it. Hell, I'd honestly prefer it being April over live-action Dora; at least April's an actual cartoon character!

...Also, wait, there's a second unidentified foot?

Edit: I think I see what Fox was talking about, and looking at it if you turn your head sideways, it looks like it's closer to a human's foot than a Ninja Turtle's or Garfield's, and I saw another image of the box art that suggested it might be Krumm from "Aahh! Real Monsters!".

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Serious question: Why do people so readily assume that it's the live-action Dora? Especially since that would just be an absolute bizarre choice for a game that seems to be focusing on Nicktoons.

Hell, even IF Dora were in the game, one would think they'd go with the animated version to keep things consistent with the rest of the roster, not to mention that that movie has already been and gone and I haven't heard word of a sequel yet, so what would the point even be for including that version of the character?

Honestly, I just don't get it. Hell, I'd honestly prefer it being April over live-action Dora; at least April's an actual cartoon character!
The logic basically goes: Nick wouldn't want the cartoon Dora fighting, but the PG rated LA Dora is fine. The hair and clothing (shorts specifically) only really matches up with LA Dora and not any other characters

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The logic basically goes: Nick wouldn't want the cartoon Dora fighting, but the PG rated LA Dora is fine. The hair and clothing (shorts specifically) only really matches up with LA Dora and not any other characters
If (and that's a massive IF) that's the case, then it's still such a bizarre choice to me. Like, why even do this at all when this game seems to mainly be focused on Nicktoon characters?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If (and that's a massive IF) that's the case, then it's still such a bizarre choice to me. Like, why even do this at all when this game seems to mainly be focused on Nicktoon characters?
The "Nicktoons only" rule was disconfirmed in the first 2 seconds of the trailer. Dora is more of a Nicktoon than the 80s TMNT (who were syndicated) are, regardless of who owns them right now.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
The "Nicktoons only" rule was disconfirmed in the first 2 seconds of the trailer. Dora is more of a Nicktoon than the 80s TMNT (who were syndicated) are, regardless of who owns them right now.
Live-Action Dora would still be a bizarre and jarring choice, though. While they're technically not Nicktoons, at least the Turtles are still cartoons that Nick owns, whereas that version of Dora isn't, and that would just be weird.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
She's based on a cartoon so that's close enough.
Eeh, I still find it rather iffy myself.

And besides, she technically isn't even confirmed; this is still basically just speculation based on the box art silhouettes.

Edit: Speaking of that box art though, I went back to Target.com (where I originally went to confirm the box art silhouettes when I first heard about them), and they've officially swapped out the version with the silhouettes on it to the generic version seen on the game's website that only has the title on it. That to me says that the box art may have been a legitimate leak. Still doesn't confirm LA Dora, but that's definitely pretty interesting.

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
Eeh, I still find it rather iffy myself.

And besides, she technically isn't even confirmed; this is still basically just speculation based on the box art silhouettes.

Edit: Speaking of that box art though, I went back to Target.com (where I originally went to confirm the box art silhouettes when I first heard about them), and they've officially swapped out the version with the silhouettes on it to the generic version seen on the game's website that only has the title on it. That to me says that the box art may have been a legitimate leak. Still doesn't confirm LA Dora, but that's definitely pretty interesting.
I've noticed the box art thing as well. I've seen both the silhouetted boxart, and the boxart with just the title on several retailers' websites. This makes me think that the next trailer we get will showcase not only all of the fighters on the boxart we haven't seen yet, but also how the boxart looks with the characters not silhouetted.

Also, I swear every time I see someone mention LA Dora I immediately think Los Angeles Dora and I have to correct myself.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Live Action Dora would be so stupid. Just use the original Dora, everyone would love it more.
Not only would it make more sense from a visual perspective, but also from a moveset perspective.

Because the more I think about it, the more I question what LA Dora's moveset would even be. Because I can't really see her utilizing the various living tools and whatnot that the animated version uses because it would 1. Clash with how this is the live-action version (who never really had anything to that extent) and potentially look weird, and 2. Would just bring up the question of if they were going to base the moveset around the animated version, why didn't they just use the animated version?

Either way, it would look incredibly dumb on Nickelodeon/Viacom's end.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
And the thing is, as I mentioned before, at the end of the day, we don't even know if that's actually Dora (or some LA version of her) or not. The only silhouettes that can absolutely 100% be made out in that box art are Ren & Stimpy, Korra, and CatDog; with the others, there's honestly not a lot that can be made out to say with certainty one way or another. Heck, that might not even be Aang who's directly under Korra.

So personally, I'm gonna wait and see what the developers reveal...and keep my fingers crossed that they don't go with Live-Action Dora.

But to switch to a different topic of discussion, I assume this has been brought up before, but I'm curious:

Out of the characters who have been officially revealed so far, what are the five who you are going to start playing as as soon as possible (whether they're unlockable or not) and why?

For me, it's:

1. Danny Phantom (that show is one of my all-time favorite Nicktoons)

2. Zim (Same as Danny)

3. Powdered Toast Man (I honestly have no nostalgic memories of Ren & Stimpy, but Powdered Toast Man seems very reminiscent of really off-the-wall characters like Mr. Game & Watch or Wii Fit Trainer, and I kind of love that!)

4. Oblina (While I haven't seen the show in what feels like forever, I still remember it being one of my favorites (and is apparently not represented much by Nick games in recent times), so I'm looking forward to her)

5. Nigel Thornberry (Like with Powdered Toast Man, Nigel just seems like a very unexpected off-the-wall choice, and between his very funny fighting style that seems to have him imitating different animals as well as "The Wild Thornberrys" being another favorite show from childhood, I'm also looking forward to seeing how he plays).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
For me it's gotta be Helga, not counting the baseball counter we only see two moves from her in the trailer but they both look super cool - kicking sand and a slingshot. Oblina may be fun too, and hearing Zim plays like Pac-Man makes me want to try him out. If Dora is in (which she probably is) I'd be interested to see what she does. Ren & Stimpy are also characters I want to try out, regardless of if they have one or two slots. If Rocko gets in though, I'm going for him first.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
For me it's gotta be Helga, not counting the baseball counter we only see two moves from her in the trailer but they both look super cool - kicking sand and a slingshot.

If Rocko gets in though, I'm going for him first. Ren & Stimpy are also characters I want to try out, regardless of if they have one or two slots.
I will say that Helga's sand-kicking really reminded me of Luigi's taunt where he kicks the ground.

Also, I'm keeping this contained to the characters who have been officially revealed. So in other words, the 14 that were revealed in the initial trailer.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
And the thing is, as I mentioned before, at the end of the day, we don't even know if that's actually Dora (or some LA version of her) or not. The only silhouettes that can absolutely 100% be made out in that box art are Ren & Stimpy, Korra, and CatDog; with the others, there's honestly not a lot that can be made out to say with certainty one way or another. Heck, that might not even be Aang who's directly under Korra.

So personally, I'm gonna wait and see what the developers reveal...and keep my fingers crossed that they don't go with Live-Action Dora.

But to switch to a different topic of discussion, I assume this has been brought up before, but I'm curious:

Out of the characters who have been officially revealed so far, what are the five who you are going to start playing as as soon as possible (whether they're unlockable or not) and why?

For me, it's:

2. Zim (Same as Danny)

3. Powdered Toast Man (I honestly have no nostalgic memories of Ren & Stimpy, but Powdered Toast Man seems very reminiscent of really off-the-wall characters like Mr. Game & Watch or Wii Fit Trainer, and I kind of love that!)

4. Oblina (While I haven't seen the show in what feels like forever, I still remember it being one of my favorites (and is apparently not represented much by Nick games in recent times), so I'm looking forward to her)

5. Nigel Thornberry (Like with Powdered Toast Man, Nigel just seems like a very unexpected off-the-wall choice, and between his very funny fighting style that seems to have him imitating different animals as well as "The Wild Thornberrys" being another favorite show from childhood, I'm also looking forward to seeing how he plays).
Even if Aang isn't on the boxart I would say he's a very safe pick considering there's a Avatar stage in the trailer and I doubt they would go with Korra without him.

And on the topic of the character that I want to play the most, I would say CatDog but if we're talking only about the characters that are in the trailer it would be Oblina.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

For me, it's:

2. Zim (Same as Danny)

If I have to pick from the oficially confirmed ones:
1: Danny is also numer one. I want to see what they do with the caharacter in game but at the very least, I like the series.
2: Reptar the huge dinosaur looks like a fun character. As a fan of Ridley, a fellow too big reptile, I am curious to see it more in action.
3. I suppose I would pick Nigel. Mostly for the memes and the unusual fighting style of imitating animals.
4: Zim might be up my alley. I do play some stage control type of characters so he might be fun.
5: Too end this, lets pick Leonardo. He might not be my favorite turtle but he is still pretty cool.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

For me, it's:

2. Zim (Same as Danny)

1. Lincoln
  2. Nigel
  3. Reptar
  4. Spongebob
  5. Zim or Mikey

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Live Action Dora would be so stupid. Just use the original Dora, everyone would love it more.
Same. I don't think that Live Action Dora would get in unless either Nick wants to make sequels to Dora and the Lost City of Gold or Ludosity originally asked for the cartoon version but was rejected by Nick and they were forced to use the live action version in order to even have Dora in the game to begin with, but this is weird because Nick crossovers have never included Nick Jr. content. Nick Jr. is typically treated as a separate entity due to the fact that it is targeted at a much younger demographic.

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice

For me, it's:

2. Zim (Same as Danny)

1. Reptar - Love the character and unless the beavers get in, he's looking like main material for me personally.
2. SpongeBob - Seems like he's gonna be one of the easier characters to pick up and learn how to play the game with.
3. Lucy - Exact opposite to SpongeBob. If she's one of the more complex characters on the roster, I want to see how complex she is.
4. Zim - Big fan of the character and really interested to see how Gir will fit into his move set.
5. Patrick - I'm a simple man. I see Patrick absolutely whaling on Nigel and Oblina in the trailer, I wish to play with such unrelenting power.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
KirbyWorshipper2465 KirbyWorshipper2465 In tangentially related news, It has been confirmed that there will be more news of TMNT Shredder´s Revenge on Gamescom. Lets hope there is news for Nick Brawl too.
And here I thought Gamescom would be pointless. Fair enough, I'll bite for this one again.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Same. I don't think that Live Action Dora would get in unless either Nick wants to make sequels to Dora and the Lost City of Gold or Ludosity originally asked for the cartoon version but was rejected by Nick and they were forced to use the live action version in order to even have Dora in the game to begin with, but this is weird because Nick crossovers have never included Nick Jr. content. Nick Jr. is typically treated as a separate entity due to the fact that it is targeted at a much younger demographic.
they're making a new Live Action Dora series for Paramount Plus aimed at a 6-11 age group. I think this "leg girl" on the boxart could just be this design, since we don't know what it looks like yet but it clearly isn't a perfect match for any character we know of currently

if it's not that then I literally don't know

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
they're making a new Live Action Dora series for Paramount Plus aimed at a 6-11 age group. I think this "leg girl" on the boxart could just be this design, since we don't know what it looks like yet but it clearly isn't a perfect match for any character we know of currently

if it's not that then I literally don't know
I can't find any info about this new series.

EDIT: Oh, it does exist. I doubt it'd be close enough to air to be represented in Brawl though.

Last edited:

Sammerbro44

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 327477

so uh this Twitter account just happened, nothing new besides this banner
Is it just me, or does the poses for Patrick, Spongebob, and Lincoln look oddly familier to the silhouetted box art?
WAIT

FOOTBLOB IS LEO??
Not only that, but does this mean that either 1. Danny Phantom is also on the box art? or 2. Could we be getting a Smash ultimate mural type of deal with all of the characters on it?

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or does the poses for Patrick, Spongebob, and Lincoln look oddly familier to the silhouetted box art?

Not only that, but does this mean that either 1. Danny Phantom is also on the box art? or 2. Could we be getting a Smash ultimate mural type of deal with all of the characters on it?
blob confirmed.PNG

one of the devs confirmed that this banner is in fact legit

Last edited:
Top Bottom