• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed a lot of people in the community getting rather hostile over the turtles, would it genuinely be frustrating to anyone if we got all four?

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
So, we're back beyond square one? This is anti-box theory, so I wish we could know what is the schedule of "soon" about further news. Odds are we won't hear anything until next month at least.

It says a lot when even Garfield isn't a guarantee.

I've noticed a lot of people in the community getting rather hostile over the turtles, would it genuinely be frustrating to anyone if we got all four?
They are basically included for publicity reasons. It's like getting annoyed over Wolverine getting in a Marvel game that has no X-Men, I guess.

I mean, various parts of this community gets peeved when anyone "gets in over" someone they want more in Smash, so this speculation is becoming that, but with different flavors.

Last edited:

GothicSlenderman

Smash Journeyman
From the reveal trailer+leaked silhouettes, I'd say these were Nick's choices:

• Danny Phantom
  • Zim
  • Lincoln
  • Ren & Stimpy
  • Aang
  • Korra
  • Spongebob
  • Patrick
  • Leonardo
  • Michelangelo
These were Ludosity's:
  • Nigel
  • Lucy
  • Helga
  • Oblina
  • Powdered Toast Man
  • The TMNT using their 80s designs
And Reptar, Sandy and Catdog could go either way. If that leaked roster is true
I'd say Ludosity is responsible for Zuko, Shredder over completing the TMNT, and believe it or not, Jimmy Neutron, because Nick hasn't pushed the series as much as they used to, not even for nostalgia. These aren't the days in which a Nicktoons ride at Universal would specifically be branded "Jimmy Neutron's". Meanwhile Ludosity would know about the series' popularity in meme culture, even though they went with Jimmy himself and not a more memey choice, probably because Hugh's demand would come too late for base.
I have a feeling that Nick wanted them to use the 80's versions. After Rise of the TMNT flopped Nick has been using the 80's incarnations more and more. Including for the game Shredder's Revenge. It seems like that they are afraid to experiment with the turtles any more after Michael Bay's movie and Rise not doing well. 2012 TMNT was the exception but they haven't been relevant since 2017 and Rise was meant to be their new predecessor until things didn't go well.

It wouldn't shock me if Nick just decided to stick with the 80's version as they are both the most recognizable and the safest to go with.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have a feeling that Nick wanted them to use the 80's versions. After Rise of the TMNT flopped Nick has been using the 80's incarnations more and more. Including for the game Shredder's Revenge. It seems like that they are afraid to experiment with the turtles any more after Michael Bay's movie and Rise not doing well. 2012 TMNT was the exception but they haven't been relevant since 2017 and Rise was meant to be their new predecessor until things didn't go well.

It wouldn't shock me if Nick just decided to stick with the 80's version as they are both the most recognizable and the safest to go with.
Nick wanted the 2012 turtles.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Oh, I see. I was unaware of this statement.
Also, the devs and publisher for Shredder's Revenge went on record to say that they wanted a game based on the 80s turtles, to the point that they worked together once Tribute Games and DotEmu realized that they both wanted the same thing.
https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/tmnt-shredders-revenge-developer-interview/
"Nickelodeon came to us after the launch of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap," Imbert recalls. "They liked our work on that title and wanted to know if we would be interested in working with them on one of their licenses. When I saw TMNT in the list, it just started to make sense. Later I learned that Tribute Games was also pitching Nickelodeon on a similar project. I knew Tribute Games were veteran developers with a very solid lineup and that their work is perfectly in line with what we love at Dotemu. So for me, it was clear as water; instead of working against each other, we should work together! So I contacted Jonathan [Lavigne, Tributes Games' co-founder] and Jean-François, and we talked a bit, which confirmed our common vision and love for TMNT. We joined forces to present a united project concept, and Nickelodeon liked it. Now here we are!"
In all likelihood, the fact that both games happen to use the 80s Turtles is a coincidence, and I think that would also apply to the Brawlhalla guest spot.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
So, we're back beyond square one? This is anti-box theory, so I wish we could know what is the schedule of "soon" about further news.
Uh no, some of the devs have poked fun asking who we think characters like boxart girl are, they’re aware of its existence and if it was fake they would’ve said so by now

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Uh no, some of the devs have poked fun asking who we think characters like boxart girl are, they’re aware of its existence and if it was fake they would’ve said so by now
Oh, alright. So nothing beyond the box has been leaked, which is somewhat vague anyways.

At least there's only one more month of this to go through.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Oh, alright. So nothing beyond the box has been leaked, which is somewhat vague anyways.

At least there's only one more month of this to go through.
I’m unsure, what’s the release window for Fall 2021 as far as game releases go? Cause when I look up when Fall 2021 ends I get December something but that doesn’t sound right

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I’m unsure, what’s the release window for Fall 2021 as far as game releases go? Cause when I look up when Fall 2021 ends I get December something but that doesn’t sound right
Basically, September 22/23-December 21/22, but if we go by Halo Infinite's delay, the logical end point would be sometime in November. Which is at least more specific than Shredder's Revenge releasing in 2021.

I get that the devs need time to make games right, but does everything Turtles-related have to be so vague right now?

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, the anniversary thing is in a few days, does anyone think we might get more info on that day?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
They would be dumb DLC inclusions. The "identical looking" issue would be even worse as we're PAYING for these characters.
Fully disagree.
The base game is to draw hype (and publicity) to as many people as possible- creating a base game with the widest variety of content makes sure to reach as many people as possible.
The DLC on a new game, is to continue to improve what has been established. This is the first home console Nickelodeon Brawl- it isn't at Ultimate's level. They don't have the luxury of intentionally holding off any characters at this time, because if it doesnt sell, it is significantly less likely that DLC will be greenlit. This game has to put all it can into the base roster, without intentionally holding off- short of a marketing strategy where that is solely for publicity (and from the initial games development budget- which is absolutely a possibility).

Ultimately, I think with the TMNT, it is simply coming down to a personal opinion. Some people want them all, some people don't care (or actively find it a waste). Anything past that is just searching for justification.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
Well, the anniversary thing is in a few days, does anyone think we might get more info on that day?
maybe, maybe not, maybe it'll be the day of, maybe it'll be the week of, maybe it'll be next month, maybe the game gets delayed, who knows lol

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Maybe I’m wrong but if they struggled to get Lucy because of how young she is, I have a feeling getting any of the Rugrats would’ve been an even bigger hassle

I do think that Nick could have wanted Ronnie Anne on the roster instead to promote the Casagrandes. Or that Nick thought that Lucy (at 8 years old) was too young to be a fighter.
This adds credence to my (mostly) spitballing assumption that if we get any Rugrats at all, it'll be in their All Grown Up selves. Hey, a loophole's a loophole.

I don't see why it would be an issue to have the Rugrats, considering Angelica was already in one of the Nickelodeon Brawl games.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
i really wonder what the modes will be
likely just an arcade ladder mode and different forms of versus but i think itd be brilliant if the extra modes drew upon non~nicktoons material
like imagine a "double dare" mode with challenges for each character to complete
or a collectathon mode called "finders keepers"

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

FreeFox

Smash Lord
i really wonder what the modes will be
likely just an arcade ladder mode and different forms of versus but i think itd be brilliant if the extra modes drew upon non~nicktoons material
like imagine a "double dare" mode with challenges for each character to complete
or a collectathon mode called "finders keepers"
Mhh... a mode for challenges, nickelodeon based, and that our retro creators might have enjoyed......
Here is my suggestion, Legends of the hidden temple:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Which Avatar Chars would you want?
we know korra and aang are in so i put up a list of likely candidates:
he fits good in with other meme chars whole also being serious
1628365297329.png
Zukops a weird case would they make him the Atla villain or would he appear as a good guy but i think he should get his evil and good version as Costumes
A fan favourite with barely any competiotion in the earthbender department
Bassically the most likely Villains
The only semi likely Koora rep whos most defining Feature is you know look at the mario galaxy logos
So i would love her to be in but yeah there is the big korra shaped Problem in the room so i think shes sadly only as likely as a korra rep

So i say if we get 3 more chars i think Zuko, Toph and Azula are my most wanted of the atla cast!

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
View attachment 325526Zukops a weird case would they make him the Atla villain or would he appear as a good guy but i think he should get his evil and good version as Costumes
The only semi likely Koora rep whos most defining Feature is you know look at the mario galaxy logos
So i would love her to be in but yeah there is the big korra shaped Problem in the room so i think shes sadly only as likely as a korra rep

So i say if we get 3 more chars i think Zuko, Toph and Azula are my most wanted of the atla cast!
And Zuko and Toph seem like the most likely IMO.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
View attachment 325526Zukops a weird case would they make him the Atla villain or would he appear as a good guy but i think he should get his evil and good version as Costumes

I think there should be 4 Avatar reps at maximum and even that is pushing it when we only know 3 Spunch Bob reps. In a sequel with a 40+ character roster a few more characters would be fine though.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
if there is an equivalent to Sonic being in Brawl for this game, who would that be?
in a hypothetical sense of course, not really reflective of my actual expectation
I can kinda imagine a scenario where the 2000s nostalgia-centric speculation makes Ludosity and Nick realise they forgot Jimmy Neutron and thus the game is delayed to add him and, while they've got that extra time, Hugh.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord
if there is an equivalent to Sonic being in Brawl for this game, who would that be?
in a hypothetical sense of course, not really reflective of my actual expectation
Are we talking third party? I suppose it would be a character from cartoon network, I suppose.

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Probably a Power Ranger. Commonly associated with Nick (not due to rivalry like Sonic and Nintendo, but due to Power Rangers appearing on Nick a lot), iconic (enough to delay a game in my opinion), and would be a hype character.

Top Bottom