• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
I think the SB showcase narrator seemed to have English as a second language, too. Almost felt like listening to a nature documentary.
"And so we witness the subaquatic sea sponge perform its Downward Strong attack, sending the sea star tumbling into the ocean trench below. Truly, wonderfully savage."

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Now we know more about NASB movesets, I had a go at making a new moveset.

Similarly to Melee Pichu, Garfield’s crouch has him sleep in bed.

Light: “Claws Encounters” Garfield scratches forwards

Up Light: “Ticklish Tail” Garfield swings his tail upwards

Down Light: “Bad Dream” Garfield tosses and turns in bed with his hand leaning out

Up air light: “Speak to Me!” Garfield deflates and is curved upwards by the wind

Air light: “Feast Kick” Very standard kick similar to what Mario uses as a nair in Smash.

Down air light: “Fat is Where It’s At” Garfield does a diving pose while extending his belly

Dash light: “Ladies and Gentlemen…” Garfield does a vaudeville dance with the hat and tie seen in Garfield & Friends’ intro

Strong: “Delivery to Abu Dhabi” Garfield does his infamous Odie table kick

Up Strong: “Klopman Diamond” Garfield holds up the Klopman Diamond, a purple aura of dark magic surrounds him

Down Strong: “Rude Awakening” Garfield is interrupted from his nap by a spider and swats his newspaper

Up air Strong: “Air Mail” Bicycle kick

Air strong: “Stretch Slam” Garfield slams Stretch the rubber chicken downwards

Down air Strong: “Cat Scratch (No Relation)” Garfield scratches downwards horizontally

Dash Strong: “Stuffing Your Face as Usual” Garfield slams a lasagna into his foes’ face

Up Special: “Stuck on You” Garfield grows suction cups on his hands and rises straight upwards - this move is unique in that it lets Garfield ledge trump, but has a disadvantage on virtue of being a command grab which while usually fine can be problematic when trying to recover as grabbing will stop Garfield’s upwards trajectory

Special: “Art of Sophisticated Humour” Garfield throws a Splut Pie - each Splut Pie has a day of the week written on its container, and goes in order of the week with every pie thrown, Monday being more powerful than the others. The cycle starts on Monday.

Down Special: “Beware of Dog” Garfield summons a sign, a counter that only recognises strong attacks, but punishes greatly by spawning the Big Vicious Dog who stays on stage and runs from left to right. Once he has turned 3 times he disappears.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I just realized sandy basically has Pikachu up-b which kinda scares me
Mix of that and :ultdiddy:'s, to be more precise.

Now we know more about NASB movesets, I had a go at making a new moveset.

Similarly to Melee Pichu, Garfield’s crouch has him sleep in bed.

Light: “Claws Encounters” Garfield scratches forwards

Up Light: “Ticklish Tail” Garfield swings his tail upwards

Down Light: “Bad Dream” Garfield tosses and turns in bed with his hand leaning out

Up air light: “Speak to Me!” Garfield deflates and is curved upwards by the wind

Air light: “Feast Kick” Very standard kick similar to what Mario uses as a nair in Smash.

Down air light: “Fat is Where It’s At” Garfield does a diving pose while extending his belly

Dash light: “Ladies and Gentlemen…” Garfield does a vaudeville dance with the hat and tie seen in Garfield & Friends’ intro

Strong: “Delivery to Abu Dhabi” Garfield does his infamous Odie table kick

Up Strong: “Klopman Diamond” Garfield holds up the Klopman Diamond, a purple aura of dark magic surrounds him

Down Strong: “Rude Awakening” Garfield is interrupted from his nap by a spider and swats his newspaper

Up air Strong: “Air Mail” Bicycle kick

Air strong: “Stretch Slam” Garfield slams Stretch the rubber chicken downwards

Down air Strong: “Cat Scratch (No Relation)” Garfield scratches downwards horizontally

Dash Strong: “Stuffing Your Face as Usual” Garfield slams a lasagna into his foes’ face

Up Special: “Stuck on You” Garfield grows suction cups on his hands and rises straight upwards - this move is unique in that it lets Garfield ledge trump, but has a disadvantage on virtue of being a command grab which while usually fine can be problematic when trying to recover as grabbing will stop Garfield’s upwards trajectory

Special: “Art of Sophisticated Humour” Garfield throws a Splut Pie - each Splut Pie has a day of the week written on its container, and goes in order of the week with every pie thrown, Monday being more powerful than the others. The cycle starts on Monday.

Down Special: “Beware of Dog” Garfield summons a sign, a counter that only recognises strong attacks, but punishes greatly by spawning the Big Vicious Dog who stays on stage and runs from left to right. Once he has turned 3 times he disappears.
LimeTH LimeTH really should draw this one, if we're being honest. Gotta honor his origins.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
One of the devs mentioned there are unlockables. Maybe more music tracks or something?
The only way we'd get much cooler music is if they managed to hire Tee Lopes for DLC music as a patch, like what was done for SOR4

But of course, he's currently busy with Shredder's Revenge...

Whatever's unlockable would probably be some costumes, some hard mode modifier or whatever.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I've been curious lately on how the winning/losing animations would go and i have to wonder what will all the characters animations when they win or lose look?

For Ren & Stimpy, I'd imagine their losing animation could be Ren slapping Stimpy repeatingly while latter smiles like an Idiot similar to the end of Stimpy's Big Day.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I've been curious lately on how the winning/losing animations would go and i have to wonder what will all the characters animations when they win or lose look?

For Ren & Stimpy, I'd imagine their losing animation could be Ren slapping Stimpy repeatingly while latter smiles like an Idiot similar to the end of Stimpy's Big Day.
Some victory animation ideas:

Helga: Caresses her Arnold locket, then hides it when she realizes the losers could see it.
Nigel: Does this with his hands

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Got some ideas for win animations:
Reptar would do the dance from the game Rugrats: Search for Reptar.
N3CIMwq.gif

And Lincoln would either have this or something different.
S1E21B_Lincoln_booty_twerk.gif

ivanlerma

Smash Champion

HARBlNGER

Smash Apprentice
Because diversity is ultimately a good thing. Like, if Nagoriyuki in GG Strive was a blonde white guy he wouldn't have been nearly as visually striking, not to mention how diversity in kids media is important, kids should know about stuff like that in general and seeing as all this is from kid shows... It's also nice that the forced homogeneousness that's lasted centuries is finally cracking away.
Race shouldn't matter, just make good characters and stories. This is coming from a black man btw.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I also wanted to do a character moveset. I'm going with Bloom from Winx club. She would be a mid range zoner, but most of her moves would not be reflectable because they're energy based and not actual projectiles.

General: Bloom is lighweight, pretty weak but very fast. She jumps very high and she's floaty.
Stage entrances: Bloom starts with her human form, and quickly transforms into her winx form

Neutral light: Heat wave - Bloom shoots a small beam of Misty fire at the enemy, dealing very small damage but at a good range.
Up light: Flame storm - Bloom releases a small storm of fire upwards, giving small damage but with a good range.
Down light: Dragon kick - Bloom's legs become in fire and she kicks the enemy at close range.
Neutral air light: It feels like magic - Bloom punches forward with her two hands, very fast but more close range.
Up aerial light: Aerial flame storm - Same as Up light but in the air.
Down air light: Dragon dive kick - Bloom's legs become in fire and she dive kicks towards the ground, hurting everyone she touches.
Light dash attack: Fire wall - Bloom dashes forward and creates a wall of fire at the same time.

Neutral strong attacks: Fire and flame - Does a punch forward that does a small explosion (a bit similar to Mario F-smash)
Up strong: Dragon energy: Bloom releases fire with a dragon form upwards her (like an arc)
Down strong: Supernova - Bloom slams the ground, which creates an explosion
Neutral air strong: Aerial fire and flame - Same as Neutral strong but in the air
Up air strong: Aerial dragon energy - Same as Up strong but in the air
Down air strong: Aerial supernova - Bloom falls and slams the ground, creating an explosion
Strong dash attack: Winx board - Bloom dashes forward using a Winx board (it's a small levitating platforms that Winx uses as a mode of transportation).

Neutral special: Fire sphere - Bloom throws a ball of fire at the enemy. The moves can be charged and become Full power fire. This is a normal projectile that can be reflected by anyone.
Up special: Flight - Bloom can freely fly for a short period of time.
Down special: Safety net - Blooms throw a ball that transform into a net if it hits someone. The player will be stuck in a net and will not be able to move for a few seconds. This can be reflected.

Other: Her block animation is the Flame shield

Taunt: Kiko appear and does a small dance.

Winning animations: Bloom gives a hug to Kiko
Losing animations: Bloom faints

Home stage: Alfea college

And just for fun alternate costumes (assuming we have) would be absed on other fairies:
Orange outfit with blonde hair like Stella
Pink outfit with brown hair like Flora
Red outfit and blue hair like Musa
Purple outfit and pink hair like Tecna
Green outfit and black hair like Aisha
Dark blue outfit and white hair like Icy
Black outfit like Dark Bloom

Last edited:

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Race shouldn't matter, just make good characters and stories. This is coming from a black man btw.
This. Fundamentally, Race/Gender/Sexuality should not be THE core of a character in any medium. They should simply be a part of who they are. and are treated as normal aspects about them. Yet most times those aspects ARE who they are. They're token characters. You WILL like them because they're xyz. Not because they're compelling characters you grow to love for more meaningful reasons than their skin color, who they like to kiss or what's between their legs.

Nuance is so important yet seldom used in writing characters these days.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
This. Fundamentally, Race/Gender/Sexuality should not be THE core of a character in any medium. They should simply be a part of who they are. and are treated as normal aspects about them. Yet most times those aspects ARE who they are. They're token characters. You WILL like them because they're xyz. Not because they're compelling characters you grow to love for more meaningful reasons than their skin color, who they like to kiss or what's between their legs.

Nuance is so important yet seldom used in writing characters.
I'm partway through season 1 of OK K.O. and from what I've seen it gets that (mainly since it's a Y7 show, but still). Characters' preferences is only read between the lines to various degrees. Sure, X race is occasionally brought up, but only when an episode's conflict makes it come into light (e.g. Rad being uncomfortable with being portrayed as a stereotypical alien for a movie), otherwise it's only one of the many aspects that its characters have.

So I can definitely agree with this.

amageish

Smash Master

Nuance is so important yet seldom used in writing characters these days.
Three-dimensional characters are definitely required for good writing! I don't think anyone here is arguing for tokenism.

That said, I'm also not personally that worried about tokenism impacting the roster of Nick All-Stars either. Everyone from a marginalized group that have been chosen for the roster and/or have people hoping they will be in the roster are nicely fleshed-out characters that people like due to their personalities, backstories, growth, unique moveset potential, etc. It's not like people are arguing that the non-binary dolphins from the Pride Parade episode Blue's Clues and You need to be in the game just for the sake of including a non-binary fighter...

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
Three-dimensional characters are definitely required for good writing! I don't think anyone here is arguing for tokenism.

That said, I'm also not personally that worried about tokenism impacting the roster of Nick All-Stars either. Everyone from a marginalized group that have been chosen for the roster and/or have people hoping they will be in the roster are nicely fleshed-out characters that people like due to their personalities, backstories, growth, unique moveset potential, etc. It's not like people are arguing that the non-binary dolphins from the Pride Parade episode Blue's Clues and You need to be in the game just for the sake of including a non-binary fighter...
Actually I am arguing for the non-binary dolphins because how else are we gonna get our May function? :4pacman:

amageish

Smash Master
New character reveal tomorrow morning! Twitter link
Character... singular? Also they didn't get into the PlayStation Showcase, but they will get a blog post?

I don't know what to expect. If Ren & Stimpy are a duo, maybe them together? It feels weird to reveal Aang without Korra when we know both already - and it'd be even weirder to reveal just Ren or Stimpy if they aren't a duo.

Or maybe this will be Rocko, Luna, or whoever the completely-unknown character is...

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
New character reveal tomorrow morning! Twitter link
Well, that was fast. Looks like they may not need the Direct for this, depending on who it is.

Character... singular? Also they didn't get into the PlayStation Showcase, but they will get a blog post?

I don't know what to expect. If Ren & Stimpy are a duo, maybe them together? It feels weird to reveal Aang without Korra when we know both already - and it'd be even weirder to reveal just Ren or Stimpy if they aren't a duo.

Or maybe this will be Rocko, Luna, or whoever the completely-unknown character is...
I'm not surprised, since the PS Showcase was mostly aimed at Playstation 5 exclusives (and whatever gets token PC ports). 😑

At any rate, that last option seems likely.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Where's this Playstation Blog the Tweet is mentioning?

Also, regarding who it could be that they're revealing, I'm hoping it's Ren & Stimpy; I want the debate on how they're going to function to be put to rest already!
It's just the PlayStation Blog, nothing too fancy. They post interviews with indie studios every once in a while, so maybe this reveal will come with one of those.

I wonder if the fighter will also get a showcase right away, or if they'll have to wait in line...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Well, there are not many possible reveals but I am expecting one of the cover characters to be revealed next.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Though "Rocko" is my most wanted that has yet to be confirmed, The one character/characters I'm really looking forward to seeing the most is "Ren & Stimpy".

Their definitely gonna be the most wackiest and jacked up characters even if they need to be toned down a bit, Their moveset potential and animations really intrigue me the most out of any other Nicktoon on the roster.

Really hoping they end up being revealed tomorrow.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It's just the PlayStation Blog, nothing too fancy. They post interviews with indie studios every once in a while, so maybe this reveal will come with one of those.

I wonder if the fighter will also get a showcase right away, or if they'll have to wait in line...
I personally don't see the point in bringing up revealing a new character if there isn't going to be at least a reveal-trailer to go with them ala CatDog and April.

amageish

Smash Master
I personally don't see the point in bringing up revealing a new character if there isn't going to be at least a reveal-trailer to go with them ala CatDog and April.
I agree. I meant if we would be getting a showcase like the ones SpongeBob and Sandy have right away, or if they'll need to wait their turn.

Top Bottom