• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Nickelodeon All-Stars Brawl General Thread - All Star Brawl 2 Available Today!

Faso115

Smash Lord
Definitely not an avatar character, though i could end up eating my words. I think we are getting Ren/Stimpy or someone who hasn't been leaked.

amageish

Smash Master
Personally I'm still holding out hope for seperate R&S. Aang now and Korra later wouldn't be surprising
It is still possible, yeah. I just would find it surprising for them to have waited until now to show any Avatar content, when that one IP is potentially half of the remaining characters, without having some plan for a "Here's all the Avatar characters at once!" trailer...

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Ok calling it rn it’ll be a non-box art pick like Rocko or something
It could be Ren and Stimpy but even though they’re probably a 2-in-1, they’re still two characters, if that makes sense. And while it’s possible I can’t see Aang and Korra get revealed separately from one another

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Ok calling it rn it’ll be a non-box art pick like Rocko or something
It could be Ren and Stimpy but even though they’re probably a 2-in-1, they’re still two characters, if that makes sense. And while it’s possible I can’t see Aang and Korra get revealed separately from one another
Could totally be. These devs are funny with who they reveal xD

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I agree that if it's a singular character then it's not the Avatar cast. Sidenote, I really don't get why some peeps are so against the idea of diverse human characters because "What matters is that they are fun" feels like it argues that nonwhite or nonstraight characters cannot be fun and arguing otherwise is arguing for tokenism which is really not the case. Like, how many other fighting games can boast that they have a musclur bisexual indigenous woman? Saying **** like that doesn't matter makes me feel that Function VS Function is your ideal fighting game

FreeFox

Smash Lord
It is still possible, yeah. I just would find it surprising for them to have waited until now to show any Avatar content, when that one IP is potentially half of the remaining characters, without having some plan for a "Here's all the Avatar characters at once!" trailer...
I am still holding out for the three avatar characters to be revealed in the nintendo direct. Its so odd that we have three avatar stages revealed and no characters so far.

LimeTH

Smash Lord
It's either Ren and Stimpy as a duo, or one of the non-Avatar characters we don't know of yet.

Hedging my bets on Rocko or Angelica, and hoping it could be Daggett.
I was gonna guess Garfield, but he seems like he'd be the "final hype" reveal, if they aren't already saving the Avatar characters for that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey once the game comes out, should there be another thread or just renaming this one?

I mean, it'd be cool if the game had its own section, but I don't know how the staff feels about that ;p
It can still be speculated on whether or not DLC happens and who it'd be so I fail to see why there'd need to be another thread

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Lol well there could be one to discuss the game mechanics or also one for matches and things like that. It depends how many people on smashboards will want to talk about the game.
Eh, the Ultimate Newcomer thread already gets into topics like that so it really shouldn't matter. Though depending on popularity, a subforum could work assuming enough people care for a forum

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Did anyone else notice that the L is capitalized on the teaser?

I think the character has to do with the letter L

This is what I could think of
-Loud House
-Lasagna
-Legend Of Korra
-Last Airbender
Could be a misspell, but I have no clue how that could pass through GameMill, clumsy as they can be.

amageish

Smash Master
Did anyone else notice that the L is capitalized on the teaser?

I think the character has to do with the letter L

This is what I could think of
-Loud House (or any of the Louds)
-Lasagna
-Legend Of Korra
-Last Airbender

Or it's a run of the (Game)Mill typo
This is one that leaves me conflicted. I generally don't believe in what I call "ARG Theories" - theories based on the idea things are actively being teased and meant to be "solved" by fans, like an ARG (ex/ Daisy Theory, Pic of the Day Theory, etc)... but also this isn't Smash Bros and it is possible that these devs, knowing how Smash fans like to overanalyze things, are actually playing into the ARG-y side of speculation on purpose.

That said, if it is an intentional tease, then that is a very pseudo-British phrase and there is a certain Loud anglophile that it could fit...

FreeFox

Smash Lord
This is one that leaves me conflicted. I generally don't believe in what I call "ARG Theories" - theories based on the idea things are actively being teased and meant to be "solved" by fans, like an ARG (ex/ Daisy Theory, Pic of the Day Theory, etc)... but also this isn't Smash Bros and it is possible that these devs, knowing how Smash fans like to overanalyze things, are actually playing into the ARG-y side of speculation on purpose.

That said, if it is an intentional tease, then that is a very pseudo-British phrase and there is a certain Loud anglophile that it could fit...

Yes, please. give me a guitar user! We need someone that will make characters face the music!

amageish

Smash Master
Yes, please. give me a guitar user! We need someone that will make characters face the music!
Honestly, I don't have an especially well-formed opinion on TLH - I've watched some episodes and found it enjoyable, but not very "OH, I NEED TO WATCH ALL OF THIS RIGHT NOW" - but I have been hoping for a character who fights with the powers of music in Smash Bros since, like, Brawl. So, I'm not complaining if Luna gets in, even if a voiceless Luna wouldn't be able to do her signature speaking in music quotes gimmick.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well... this is unexpected.
I'm betting that the character we'll get today will be either Aang or Ren & Stimpy, Aang because it feels WAY overdue for an Avatar reveal for how much Avatar content has been teased thus far, and Ren & Stimpy because my GOD do I hope it's them so we can finally see the end of the "are they together or are they separate??" rut we've been stuck in.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm really hoping we do have some secret characters to unlock.
Has anything been said to disconfirm this possibility?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Honestly, I'll probably be proven wrong in due time but I can't really see it not being Luna. The L being capitalised on an image with a British character and slang really doesn't seem like an accident, especially when Luna is a very logical choice for a TLH rep and usually the first character people bring up. To bring my R&S seperatism into this, multi-character series having 3 characters could be what Rep was alluding to with "I like groups".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'm really hoping we do have some secret characters to unlock.
Has anything been said to disconfirm this possibility?
It's been explicitly shot down. Devs said there would be unlockables, but not for characters or stages because they aren't Satan.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Wow... they went as far as to say that wonderful surprises are Satanic?
In the cyber age, yes. Nobody wants to buy a game knowing that - let's say, Rocko - is in it (be it because of promo material or spoilers), then have to spend half an hour slaving away using characters they don't care for as much to unlock him.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
So... characters that would make the roster feel at home for me (I'm a HUGE fan of getting the in-world superheroes)

• Beavers
  • Rocko
  • RRBM
  • Jenny
  • Timmy
  • Crimson Chin
  • Jimmy
  • Ultra Lord
  • Pigeon Man
  • Mermaid Man
  • Ginger (pipe dream)
  • Quailman**** (biggest and most unlikely want)
  • Dora
  • Bob the Builder
  • Franklin
  • Blue
  • Alex Mack (hey, they said it, wouldn't have considered)
  • El Tigre
  • Rudy
  • Reggie Rocket
  • Super Dude
  • Any of the Action League Now
  • That Glitch Tech show is on my to-watch, it sounds great
  • Any two Winx fairies
  • Garfield
  • One of the kids from Space Cases
  • Binyah Binyah

and...a roster of a full out Avatar fighting game (which I might even prefer)

STAGES:
  • Legends of the Hidden Temple
  • Are you Afraid of the Dark
  • iCarly
  • GUTS
  • Double Dare

Wow, this is how I do Smash speculation, too.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
Honestly, I'll probably be proven wrong in due time but I can't really see it not being Luna. The L being capitalised on an image with a British character and slang really doesn't seem like an accident, especially when Luna is a very logical choice for a TLH rep and usually the first character people bring up. To bring my R&S seperatism into this, multi-character series having 3 characters could be what Rep was alluding to with "I like groups".

I don't have quite your level of confidence - I do think Luna is a very logical addition to the roster and she lines up nicely with this "tease," but I also just... don't know if this is a tease at all still. I do think "dropping a blog post with under 24 hours notice" is the correct way to hype up a Loud House reveal in this current fandom climate though, as salt would be inevitable for that one...

I also have been wondering about the "We aren't seeking out groups, but that said... I like groups" thing too, as it feels like there aren't many groups at all in the roster right now. We'll see how the final roster shakes out and if that statement becomes obvious in hindsight.

Wow... they went as far as to say that wonderful surprises are Satanic?
The game is targeting an eSports audience and unlocks just mean a lot of grinding for people who run tourneys and need, like, a dozen copies of a game with everything unlocked.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So, there's 6 more characters to be revealed.

If I had to, here's who I think would be:
  • Ren & Stimpy (Duo Fighter)
  • Aang
  • Korra
  • Toph (The whole stage theory about getting another Avatar rep)
  • Someone from a classic Nick Show
  • Another rep for Spongebob, Loud House, Danny Phantom or someone new

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The game is targeting an eSports audience and unlocks just mean a lot of grinding for people who run tourneys and need, like, a dozen copies of a game with everything unlocked.
I mean- free, updated DLC that is encoded in the home game (or not) is essentially the modern day unlocking. Same thrill, same surprise, no added difficulty for unlocking. Same purpose.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I'm currently hoping for someone that hasn't been leaked. It feels like they'll just bunch the Avatar characters at this point.

Shame that the PS Blog doesn't post at 7 in the AM...

Wait, how will the Pokémon Stadium counterpart affect stage theory?
According to Da Fan Rules, each character automatically comes with a stage. Assuming there isn't a character at launch who is missing their stage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom